Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

So, basically as the US crashes and burns, Branco will continue to draw the Clintons as history's greatest monsters for 7 more years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Can someone tell me how this comic ends? Every time I try to read it my brain crashes on a parsing error in the middle of the most awkward sentence I've ever read in panel 1

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

420 Gank Mid posted:

You got lucky and had people at the lowest level of the organization willing to ignore creepy religious stuff mandated from the top down.

As far as the BSA leadership is concerned it was your troop leader that lost their way not them.

Or maybe canadian boy scouts dont have all that weird religious baggage

Scouts Canada has nothing to do with BSA. They, like most other scouting organizations, have been gender integrated for decades.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why does that young girl know the birthday of a guy from an 80s rock band

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

So they're planning to vacation in pretty much any other country in the developed world.

Starving Wolf posted:

Its been almost 20 years, when do you guys think cartoonists are gonna stop drawing Bill Clinton in boxers with lipstick on him?
I always bring this up when someone asks a question like this, but right wingers still periodically bring up Chappaquiddick and that was nearly 50 years ago and Kennedy has been dead for 8 of those.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 16, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

She's actually the ghost of a boomer that died from opioid abuse who is possessing the body of a young girl.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Johnny Walker posted:

So they're planning to vacation in pretty much any other country in the developed world.

Nah, they're just going to cancel their Hawaiian vacation to go to Galveston Texas

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Manuel Calavera posted:

I had that too. Except it was parents.

One rear end in a top hat Assistant Scoutmaster said I didn't have enough "Scout Spirit" except I was at EVERY meeting.

e - he lied to my mom about it too, and she was pissed at him when he "revealed" the truth over a decade later. He currently has National Scout committee folk on his rear end for being a dick.

I had a bit of that too. The scout leader was the father of the most sociopathic Scout. So he would get away with anything including cutting people and burning people and killing small animals. I think he got away with it mainly because the main lead scoutmaster didn't believe any kid ever. So for the most part scouting was a misery, I got the star and disappointed my parents very gladly by quitting. I know my friends got eagle and stuff but when your dad is the scoutmaster becomes a lot easier. That's pretty much how it went.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

On my headcanon, the Liberia from the movie "Lord of War" is the paradise for conservatives.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Axe-man posted:

I had a bit of that too. The scout leader was the father of the most sociopathic Scout. So he would get away with anything including cutting people and burning people and killing small animals. I think he got away with it mainly because the main lead scoutmaster didn't believe any kid ever. So for the most part scouting was a misery, I got the star and disappointed my parents very gladly by quitting. I know my friends got eagle and stuff but when your dad is the scoutmaster becomes a lot easier. That's pretty much how it went.

My den in cub scouts started as bears because we started a year later than the other den for our age group. Somehow that group would win 75% of all the non-racing awards for the Pinewood Derby, in one case someone won "most original" because their car violated the regulation and was replaced a stock block of wood.

Very predictably the leaders of the other den were buddy buddy with higher up people in the troop, so this very predictably carried over into Boy Scouts. I remember when I got soured to it, the other group somehow skated through everything, and I had to bust rear end to rank up. One time they all got their swimming badges at once, and claimed they had invited me (they didn't). I was the last of my den to drop out, I made it to first class before I said gently caress it and quit.

My parents weren't disappointed, as my dad was a former eagle scout, and he knew how scummy the leadership was.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

gowb posted:

I saw this in the paper this morning and laughed. A decent Tinsley? What is the world coming to?

It's not. Hope that helps!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Erenthal posted:

When the earth's surface is finally scorched of all life by the dying sun expanding to consume the solar system, a conserative cartoonist will use his final agonizing seconds of life to draw a lecherous Bill Clinton.

SCENE: *shot in black and white*
A striding man walks purposefully across the land, then camera pans out to reveal it's just the label on a handle of Johnny Walker Red, held in the listless grip of a clearly dying Bruce Tinsley.
Camera snaps to a close up of his lips as he whispers, "Chappaquiddick..."
The bottle falls from his lifeless grip.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Harvey Weinstein and Hollywood – Hollywood stars have welcomed the expulsion of disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences"

Telegraph:

Two dead in Storm Ophelia as Irish PM urges people to stay indoors

Independent:

MPs move to block Theresa May from signing ‘no deal’ Brexit

Times:

Hurricane Ophelia: Weatherman Michael Fish 'proud' of legendary gaffe on 30th anniversary of Great Storm

Evening Standard:

May and Davis to travel to Brussels for urgent Brexit talks

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Paris? London? Tokyo? Sydney? Terrible places for a vacation. The crime is out of control! If only those poor people had a poo poo-ton of guns to protect themselves.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Help Im Alive posted:

Why does that young girl know the birthday of a guy from an 80s rock band

2006:

2007:

2008:

2010:

2011:

2014:

2015:

2017:

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 16, 2017

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

A Good Cartoon

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

quote:

Later a man in his 30s died in a chainsaw accident in Cahir, County Tipperary, after trying to remove a tree brought down by the storm, police said.
:stonk:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Economy humming!

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

Villains of the 21st century, riding on the backs of their captive peoples.
Labels: dictatorships, Iran, Kim Jong Un, North Korea

Sportslich posted:

Eagles fans are still angry over awful officiating in the win over Carolina. Pete Morelli's crew in the last 4 Eagles games: 40 penalties for 396 yards, their opponents 8 for 72 yards.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

a sharp spike in the dow is akin to a cancerous outgrowth that will soon claim the life it inhabits, agc

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Someone that knows more about Football than me, do penalties actually matter if your team won?

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 16, 2017

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Someone that knows more about Football than me, do penalties actually matter if you're team won?

No.

(One exception: If you get called for targeting in the second half of a college football game, you have to sit out the first half of the next game.)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

D.N. Nation posted:

No.

(One exception: If you get called for targeting in the second half of a college football game, you have to sit out the first half of the next game.)

Thank you.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Someone that knows more about Football than me, do penalties actually matter if your team won?

They can cause your team not to win

but if your team wins despite tons of penalties they're only really noteworthy as a pretext for getting very drunkmad at either your head coach (if you think they were good calls) or the head ref (if you don't)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

loquacius posted:

They can cause your team not to win

but if your team wins despite tons of penalties they're only really noteworthy as a pretext for getting very drunkmad at either your head coach (if you think they were good calls) or the head ref (if you don't)
This is hopefully the first and last time I'm participating in the American Football chat that periodically floods this thread: by analogy with actual football, who the gently caress thinks penalty calls made against their team are justified?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Xander77 posted:

This is hopefully the first and last time I'm participating in the American Football chat that periodically floods this thread: by analogy with actual football, who the gently caress thinks penalty calls made against their team are justified?

Every once in a while you're like "WHAT no way in HELL was that pass interference" and then you see the replay and you're like "jeeeez ok maybe it was"

Penalties, especially important ones, are generally always shown in super close-up slo-mo replays while the commentators opine loudly about them. In the majority of cases it's pretty easy to see whether the call was good or not. If you are given clear photographic evidence that your team's nose-tackle or fullback is being a loving moron it can be hard to maintain your "the refs are out to get us" stance

for some people anyway

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

King Possum III posted:

The NFL’s decline is due to too much political correctness as well as the feminization of men. We are supposed to fret about overpaid athletes getting concussions, which can later lead to permanent brain damage. This used to be part of the game. It has always been violent. Like boxing, such violence is part of the attraction. Don’t want to be punch drunk? Don’t box or play football. It’s their choice and they know the risks. It’s difficult for a lot of ticket buyers to feel sympathy for players who command multi-million dollar contracts and then worry about getting injured.

More rules and penalties made the game safer while also rendering it boring.

Much like people only watch NASCAR for the occasional crashes, I only watch football so I can see the players slowly getting brain damage in real time.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Much like people only watch NASCAR for the occasional crashes, I only watch football so I can see the players slowly getting brain damage in real time.

That's the same reason I watch people talking with Donald Trump.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Much like people only watch NASCAR for the occasional crashes

About that...

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Xander77 posted:

People who are looking for a reason to hate a player or coach for "bringing down the team" in some unspecified manner.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Just 50-60 years ago, the top "American sports" were boxing, baseball, and horse-racing. It's almost as though these things shift as the culture around them does.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Walker posted:

I always bring this up when someone asks a question like this, but right wingers still periodically bring up Chappaquiddick and that was nearly 50 years ago and Kennedy has been dead for 8 of those.

My uncle brought up cattle futures the other day. He has a bumper sticker on his car that just says " BENGHAZI". Never underestimate how obsessed conservatives are with the Clintons.They are the source of all evil in the world, from Osama Bin Laden to that colored girl at Starbucks not saying "Merry Christmas". It's all Clinton, all the time.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Don't remember seeing this guy before in the thread. Checked out his site and there were a few more:

Presumably before Bannon left the White House

Plus a bunch more stuff from back in the Bush administration.

https://www.artofmarkbryan.com/politics/

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
It bears mentioning that, as with the "black-on-black crime" trope, the conservatives harping on Weinstein don't give a whup about his victims, only that he serves as a counterpoint to the creep-in-chief

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 16, 2017

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Plus a bunch more stuff from back in the Bush administration.

This one's a classic:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Which restrictive gun laws are those?

quote:

St. Louis City Counselor Michael Garvin said the city has an ordinance prohibiting open carry but doesn’t enforce it because state law has pre-empted most, if not all, local restrictions.

Tongue punch my hairy fart box you drunk hack.

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

2006:

2007:

2008:

2010:

2011:

2014:

2015:

2017:

lmao this is the funniest thing that's ever been posted in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Also dude ran on a Reform Party ticket so lol.

• Locked thread