Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Victis posted:

You don't slow grind characters unless they're low priority or have nothing better to do; I think there's a lot of shortcuts to boost good characters especially for a new player. Then those characters give you access to more shortcuts/top tier characters like clearing a few Shadowlands stages or world bosses or whatever

Also the daily login bonuses just by themselves can be a big boost

Ive been trying to get them from the story mode missions and calling it a slog is an understatement. good to hear they give you more later on in the game.

I have one maxed character from the heroes journey (sharon rodgers) so that helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah there’s a new event going on right now that’s gonna give you a free 6* in 7 days.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

As a new player I seem to get a new char ready for T2 about the time I get the 30 day login reward T2 ticket (assuming thats what those have been from). Sharon, Elsa and Iron Fist in that order gave me a decent crew to do the bosses with, and I just got Dr. Strange to 6/6 today. Now I just need a 5th who can brainlessly solo a world boss and I'm set. Magneto seems to be the best of the crew I've got so far though I'm also eyeballing Carnage and waiting just in case Hela gets a kickin costume next month since I like her.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’m going to T2 Hela just because I have a good feeling about this. Doing it now.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Hey, I’ve been playing for a little bit and I’ve got a question about the level 50-60 grind: is there a quicker way to do this? The last time I just ground it out on story missions and helped it along with XP chips and it nearly killed me. Am I missing something or is it supposed to be this slow?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Nilbop posted:

Hey, I’ve been playing for a little bit and I’ve got a question about the level 50-60 grind: is there a quicker way to do this? The last time I just ground it out on story missions and helped it along with XP chips and it nearly killed me. Am I missing something or is it supposed to be this slow?

The highest level special missions you can do with your best character (Sharon) on autopilot and 2 carries with the xp buff from the alliance store active, while force feeding all the level 5 candy you get to the main person you want to level. That's how I do it anyway though I've had to skip the xp buff for the last week while throwing my gold at research.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

These days I just collect experience chips from Daily Missions and the Lab and I always have 200-500 Lvl5 chips so I can always just level them up as soon as they get a star. Before I started that I'd just stick them next to Sharon Rogers and do all the Specials and SHIELD story missions for Max experience. Always did them in hot hours too but I guess now it's just a matter of boost pts. Just remember to run the stages and not just clear. With 20 Special Missions a day it shouldn't be too hard if you can do the top stage.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Yeah, I'm pretty noob, but I just stick whomever I want to level with Magneto because he tends to blow up more boxes along the way. I do special missions, daily missions, and epic missions without clear tickets in order to level up people, and throw whatever experience chips I have at them. They level within a few days.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Applied to Worst Alliance as chadowicku

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Nilbop posted:

takes about a week of special missions iirc, make sure youre levelling 2-3 characters at the same time

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It’s been so long I don’t remember timeframes but as said before this game loves to hurl free stuff at you, I think it’s part of why it’s so successful.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

amusinginquiry posted:

Applied to Worst Alliance as chadowicku

actually applied to Doctor Goons now, sorry was impatient

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I have been so loving unlucky with leveling Cyclops' gear. I've been at it for like a month and haven't even finished his third slot yet. He's all I need for Jean, just give me a break game!

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

amusinginquiry posted:

actually applied to Doctor Goons now, sorry was impatient

Stupid alliance battle minigame means nobody can get you in for a few days

Trapper John
Jun 12, 2001

Doomtalker posted:

You can add people if you have space, but can't remove people while it's going on. Usually try to open a couple spaces in Doctor Goons before each battle starts.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Is there any way to contribute to the Alliance Conquest battles as a week-old account, or do I just warm the bench until I get a T2?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The first two areas next to your starting area are good to attack as a newer player, unless you're getting completely steamrolled they are almost never attacked by other alliances.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Doomtalker posted:

Got in, thanks

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Ragnarok event, ends 10/24

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

My body is ready.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im jonesin for some new poo poo to spend my shadowrun selectors on

i been dumping them on mr robot and frank griller

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Here is a haiku
Hoping to finally see
A viable Hulk

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Does anyone know, apart from Daily mission, where I can get chaos ISOs?

I'm fuckin so desperate for them. The only place I can think to get them is the Alliance Shop, but there I buy clear/card and besides doesn't it only reward like 1 or summat?

EDIT: doh, isos not norn

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 16, 2017

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

lol

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

E ^- use your free 6* ticket on Sharon Rogers (not carter)

thechalkoutline posted:

Does anyone know, apart from Daily mission, where I can get chaos norns?

You don't get chaos norns from dailies that I know of so I'm a little confused but pretty sure it's: world boss, world boss ultimate, Shadowlands upper stages, high level converter in the lab (you have to feed it m'krans I think?) then just the occasional extra reward from boost points mega rarely? Alliance shop gets you 20 a day but the shop needs to be level 9. I think that's it?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Strong post lol.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

You don't get chaos norns from dailies that I know of so I'm a little confused but pretty sure it's: world boss, world boss ultimate, Shadowlands upper stages, high level converter in the lab (you have to feed it m'krans I think?) then just the occasional extra reward from boost points mega rarely? Alliance shop gets you 20 a day but the shop needs to be level 9. I think that's it?

You have a chance to get Chaos from Daily, there is no Chaos day but it's one of the more reliable ways of getting them in-game; especially now that the stats are fixed so you actually want a bunch and not just say... one 6* like you get from SL.

drat, so it looks like I was only missing Lab... I'll take a look at that, thanks

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Okay so I got like 600 biometrics selectors, born stones, exp chips, etc. I have a maxed Sharon Rogers and Moon King now.

I thought Agent Venom was in this now? I kind of get not letting me have a free X-Mens, but during none of the whole HOLY poo poo WELCOME BACK HAVE A TON OF STUFF was Agent Venom a choice.

Also, does Robbie make Blaze obsolete?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Agent Venom is one of the bio-sub only people. You need to pay :10bux: and unlock him 20 bios at a time. Others include Hyperion, Spiderman 2020, Ironheart, Kid Kaiju and Enchantress. Actually ideally you want to unlock one with one day of 20 bios then use a mega-6 to get them right to 6 starts if you're being real efficient but there's no way around the ten-buck barrier that I know of (aside from new-player rewards, you get three days worth of the sub when you first start but that's it.)

Robbie's better than regular GR but regular one you can actually farm from story missions.

thechalkoutline posted:

You have a chance to get Chaos from Daily, there is no Chaos day but it's one of the more reliable ways of getting them in-game; especially now that the stats are fixed so you actually want a bunch and not just say... one 6* like you get from SL.

oh I think you meant to say chaos ISO's not chaos norns.

I dunno that there's a specific way to get chaos iso's. Hellstrom Dark dimension in the Strange questline giving a random chance is all I can think of.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 16, 2017

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

oh I think you meant to say chaos ISO's not chaos norns.

Whoops yes this

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
They show up in the store in the lab periodically and I get them randomly from Villain Siege and World Boss rewards

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

NmareBfly posted:

Agent Venom is one of the bio-sub only people. You need to pay :10bux: and unlock him 20 bios at a time. Others include Hyperion, Spiderman 2020, Ironheart, Kid Kaiju and Enchantress. Actually ideally you want to unlock one with one day of 20 bios then use a mega-6 to get them right to 6 starts if you're being real efficient but there's no way around the ten-buck barrier that I know of (aside from new-player rewards, you get three days worth of the sub when you first start but that's it.

The 6-star booster doesn't seem to work on the premium characters, I just got mine today and looks like I can't upgrade Gwenpool with it, so much for that plan. :(

EDIT: n/m I might be doing it wrong.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 16, 2017

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

They show up in the store in the lab periodically and I get them randomly from Villain Siege and World Boss rewards

Item shop! There's an idea, thanks

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Alien Rope Burn posted:

The 6-star booster doesn't seem to work on the premium characters, I just got mine today and looks like I can't upgrade Gwenpool with it, so much for that plan. :(

EDIT: n/m I might be doing it wrong.

There's also a difference between a ticket and a mega ticket. One goes from 5 to 6 while the other can go from 1 to 6.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Hela costume confirmed, thinking about just T2'ing her now like ICR.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My daily challenges have 2 identical ones (combine Isos). That's odd and different.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

STAC Goat posted:

My daily challenges have 2 identical ones (combine Isos). That's odd and different.

Have you restarted the game since the reset? If you don't, incorrect challenges show up unless they fixed that by now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I restart every day or so. If I don't I don't seem to get Dimension Shifts from my allies properly. I definitely did it today because I wasn't seeing any shifts.

It just seems like a weird random thing.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Sdoots posted:

Also, does Robbie make Blaze obsolete?

robbie is more useful yeah, his iframes are great in shadowlands, hes the budget option for universal ABX, he doesnt have a costume so you dont gotta buy one, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still haven't found much use for OG Ghost Rider even with him at 4/20 and with the trenchcoat. I mean, I team him with Thor to take down those Thor/GR Shadowland relays but even that's a fight that takes a 3rd player and sometimes a couple of tries.

T2 Robbie's kind of unkillable if I time his skills right but there's a real damage problem. If I'm not using him on a Shadowland floor with a flame bonus he sometimes just spends the entire time doing no damage at all and just timing out.