Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Throwing my hat in with the Merchants in the hope we'll pick up some of Indonesia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

Somehow I always end up in the smallest faction.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Just ran through like 30 pages of the thread and got to watch as the taifas gained power, and led the country to prosperity; only for the merchants to snatch it away each time and burn it all away. I'm going in on the only competent party

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

We really have to solidify our hold in Mexico and California!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Camoes posted:

We really have to solidify our hold in Mexico and California!

But to do that we need to conquer the native empires

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

All these Sultans were incorrect in their method of venerating Allah, and thus were cursed. The Ulema have deserted in droves: It seems Shiism has no true place in Al-Andalus. Our only path back to righteousness lies in converting back to Sunni Islam.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

If we are going to break the status quo, we need to hit one of the powers that is constricting us-- France on the continent, Morocco in the New World, and the Celts on the sea-- hard enough to knock them out of the game for good, and that means being prepared to exploit an opening when it comes. Every time we get a chance, we're bound up by circumstance. We need to give the Sultan the leeway he needs to strike at a moment's notice. For that reason, I stand with the Taifas. (Though having the Diwan as the second-largest is not a bad idea.)

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Joining the new dudes.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
crypto-Ulemas! :argh:

also for me

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Always side with The Greatest

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

We need a navy, which means we need more money. So we need more trade. Let the merchants guide us to even more prosperity.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Reshuffling closes in a couple hours, but here's a tally update:

- 13 - RZApublican, Lord Cyrahzax, Frionnel, Rodyle, Crazycryodude, ThatBasqueGuy, Mr.Morgenstern, everydayfalls, WilliamAnderson, Snipee, devildragon777, really queer Christmas, Quorum.

- 13 - Ralepozozaxe, Ikasuhito, Dance Officer, GunnerJ, Talas, Technowolf, QuoProQuid, HiHo ChiRho, ZearothK, Aeromancia, MinistryofLard, Camoes, TyrsHTML.

- 6 - Odysseus S. Grant, Slaan, Chatrapati, Zakrelo, AJ_Impy, Vinny Possum.

- 18 - Yvonmukluk, Hitlers Gay Secret, Erwin the German, Jeoh, Pakled, Captain Oblivious, Danny Glands, mcclay, unwantedplatypus, paragon1, sheep-dodger, the JJ, Freudian, Almanac, Invader Zym, catlord, Lynneth, Flavius Belisarius.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Beating up the threats at home (and reabsorbing Portugal) are more important than our empire right now.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What ability to beat people up will we even have with the Swing Voters in power?

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013

We can't let such great chances slip between our grasp!

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake

Taifas are the only ones who ever do anything good.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Rodyle posted:

What ability to beat people up will we even have with the Swing Voters in power?

With the Diwan in power? Very little, they're very much anti-war and want to focus on constructing buildings and internal development (as opposed to coring conquered land). The Taifas will still be able to form a coalition and start a war that way, but conquest wars will still be off-limits.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
This is so bad I am considering jumping ship to Taifas. Yikes.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Come to us, brother.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Allah rules heaven, money rules the world!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Hashim posted:

With the Diwan in power? Very little, they're very much anti-war and want to focus on constructing buildings and internal development (as opposed to coring conquered land). The Taifas will still be able to form a coalition and start a war that way, but conquest wars will still be off-limits.
:yikes:

Switching over to Taifas

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yeah I think peaceniks in second place and Taifas in first to facilitate re-conquering Portugal/beating up Morocco is best, because otherwise we're just gonna sit on max speed for 20 years waiting for constructions to finish.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah I think peaceniks in second place and Taifas in first to facilitate re-conquering Portugal/beating up Morocco is best, because otherwise we're just gonna sit on max speed for 20 years waiting for constructions to finish.

So long as they are building mosques, I am ok with that! :catholic: (No Islam smily. Lowtax :argh:)

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The Taifas and Diwan are at a deadlock, so next person to join one of those factions or change between them breaks the deadlock, and closes the reshuffling.

edit: also, I'll add now that if anyone new joins the factions between updates, the faction that was initially the largest stays dominant (even if it's toppled from being the largest) until the next reshuffling.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 16, 2017

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

GunnerJ posted:

This is so bad I am considering jumping ship to Taifas. Yikes.

We need you now more than ever.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

gently caress it, RIP my gimmick.

Switching to Taifas

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

joining the new guys

EDIT: ah poo poo was too late

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Switching to Taifas.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren:Reshuffling is now closed!:siren: GunnerJ broke the deadlock and the New Taifas are now the dominant faction, and I also registered the other moves.

- 19 - RZApublican, Lord Cyrahzax, Frionnel, Rodyle, Crazycryodude, ThatBasqueGuy, Mr.Morgenstern, everydayfalls, WilliamAnderson, Snipee, devildragon777, really queer Christmas, Quorum, Soup du Jour, MuteAllison, punched my v-card at camp, Hitlers Gay Secret, GunnerJ, Technowolf.

- 15 - Ralepozozaxe, Ikasuhito, Dance Officer, Talas, QuoProQuid, HiHo ChiRho, ZearothK, Aeromancia, MinistryofLard, Camoes, TyrsHTML, frankenfreak.

- 6 - Odysseus S. Grant, Slaan, Chatrapati, Zakrelo, AJ_Impy, Vinny Possum.

- 18 - Yvonmukluk, Erwin the German, Jeoh, Pakled, Captain Oblivious, Danny Glands, mcclay, unwantedplatypus, paragon1, sheep-dodger, the JJ, Freudian, Almanac, Invader Zym, catlord, Lynneth, Flavius Belisarius, TheFlyingLlama.

Time for the policy session. Remember that policies can have no more than two directives, which just means that no single policy can demand more than two things. If this becomes unwieldy or is too restrictive, I’ll change it before the next session.

Also, coalitions are back, so there’s that.

---

Policy Session

For more information on policies, available buildings and diplomatic actions, click here, and scroll beneath the chapter list.

Policy Restrictions

The New Taifas can submit two policies, the Andalusi Diwan one, the League of Merchants one and the Reformed Ulema one.

The New Taifas are the dominant faction, so they will have no restrictions to their policies, except for those that apply to other factions.

The Andalusi Diwan are the second-largest faction and is very nearly as powerful as the Taifas, so whilst conquest wars are still completely allowed, there may be a push for early peaces and shorter wars. There will be some unrest, but any rebellions should be small and easily manageable.

The League of Merchants are the second-smallest faction, so colonial wars and colonisation is no longer possible, through policies or otherwise (coalitions are possible).

The Reformed Ulema are the smallest faction, so there will be no province conversion, through policies or otherwise (coalitions are possible). There may be an increase in Sunni rebellion as well, since they’ll see the clergy as weak enough to revolt.

No policies can include the moving of the current capital, Cádiz.

No policies can have more than two directives.

Coalitions

So what are coalitions?

Basically a way for smaller factions to band together and force issues through the Majlis. A coalition works when two factions agree to submit a single policy. So, for example, say the Merchants submit a policy to colonise a certain region, and a bunch of Ulema agree to use their votes to support it. If that policy gains the most votes from both the Merchants and the Ulema, then it will be passed.

There are no restrictions on coalition policies, no matter what faction is in power, but the largest faction will still take precedence. Also, the Ruling Faction cannot form any coalitions at all.

Buildings

ALL buildings are now unlocked! Most of the buildings we’ve got currently constructed are obsolete though, with the notable exception of our two forts on the French border (which are up level 8, the maximum).

For more information on available buildings and their effects, click here.

State of Affairs

Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Ruling Faction: n/a
Permitted Factions: The New Taifas, the League of Merchants, the Reformed Ulema, the Andalusi Diwan
Rivals: France, Morocco, Celtic Empire
Alliances: Bavaria, Liege
Subjects: none
Other Pacts: none
Diplomatic slots: 2/5
Treasury: 200 gold (400 in debt)
Current net income: 20 gold/month (increased it)

---

With that done, the floor is now open for policies. Here are the icon links:

code:

New Taifas: [img]https://lpix.org/2786920/Taifas.png[/img]

League of Merchants: [img]https://lpix.org/2786922/Merchants.png[/img]

Reformed Ulema: [img]https://lpix.org/2885768/newulema.png[/img]

Andalusi Diwan: [img]https://lpix.org/2949681/diwan.png[/img]

If you want anything specific from the game, let me know and I'll give it a look.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

drat Proto-hippies trying to ruin this great nation!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I submit the :toot: Can't you see we need a hand, in the navy :toot: Act for rebuilding the Andalusian Navy and get ready to wrestle control of commerce in the seas... soon.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I propose the Andalusi Consolidation Act:

1. Reconquer Portugal, by whatever means necessary.

2. Begin aggressive colonial expansion in North America, with the goal of a land connection between our two major colonies there.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Technowolf posted:

Switching to Taifas.

Too late to save my gimmick :smith: :rip:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

2. Begin aggressive colonial expansion in North America, with the goal of a land connection between our two major colonies there.

Guess I must choose some non-money-related policy to support, at least this has some colony action so seconded.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Thirded

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Supporting this.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Talas posted:

I submit the :toot: Can't you see we need a hand, in the navy :toot: Act for rebuilding the Andalusian Navy and get ready to wrestle control of commerce in the seas... soon.

This works.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I propose the Our Place in the Sun Act.

This act is aimed at curbing the power of our southern neighbors, with two directives:

1. We must declare war against the Moroccans and not stop until 100% warscore is reached, with the Moroccans losing land by whatever means necessary, whether by releasing nations, returning cores, or us taking land from them.

2. We must only declare it when no Great Power will come to Morocco's aid.

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

I propose the Our Place in the Sun Act.

This act is aimed at curbing the power of our southern neighbors, with two directives:

1. We must declare war against the Moroccans and not stop until 100% warscore is reached, with the Moroccans losing land by whatever means necessary, whether by releasing nations, returning cores, or us taking land from them.

2. We must only declare it when no Great Power will come to Morocco's aid.

Yeah, this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Talas posted:

Yes please.