Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Sometimes you just get that dialogue option that's so perfect it's almost a shame not to click it. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Sometimes you just get that dialogue option that's so perfect it's almost a shame not to click it. :allears:

"I'll kill your god if I have to. Maybe even if I don't."

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

That one is still my favorite.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ImpAtom posted:

This line probably didn't "fit" my character but I'll be dammed if I didn't just slam pick it after having the option to.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I just did that last night and it was sorely tempting, especially since I had to do a whole lot of the quest leading up to it since I neglected it for all of HW. (And also because the requisite questline isn't even marked with the + indicating it unlocks something)

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Holy poo poo please spoil for me where this is. I hope I haven't missed it and went classic milquetoast hero answer...

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Late Stormblood

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Holy poo poo please spoil for me where this is. I hope I haven't missed it and went classic milquetoast hero answer...

It's later in Stormblood. During Lakshmi

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Will always love just how many dialogue options were there for players in Stormblood and all the ones that finally let me roleplay as the violent merc that my character is.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Part of the Stormblood story quests. The lead up to Lakshmi.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ruta posted:

I'm sending my botanist retainer out on 18 hour ventures because I'm hoping the shiba minion is off any gatherer. I have not gotten lucky yet, but I did get that tengu minion from something or other my retainers were doing. Its kind of ugly.

Does it matter which one you pick? I was sending retainers on XXI ventures until I heard that someone got the otter from a XX so I switched to that and now i'm wondering if I should use the new XXII ones.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I enjoyed the bit in the latest patch, where lolorito asks where you should build the refugee settlement, and if you pick the two wrong answers first, the right one changes to "look, you obviously want me to say 'the saltery'"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

I enjoyed the bit in the latest patch, where lolorito asks where you should build the refugee settlement, and if you pick the two wrong answers first, the right one changes to "look, you obviously want me to say 'the saltery'"

Haha seriously? I'm disappointed I didn't see that now.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Saint Freak posted:

For the squad? It won't let you take anything other than 1/1/2

Boo, loving spoilsports.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
It amuses me that this patch had more callbacks to character decisions i had made than all of fallout 4. Not just past combat exploits but some npc made a remark based on being a miqote. That i had done the sb gsm quest came up, and of course godbert had extra text. Its a really nice touch.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

4.1 MSQ Spoilers, but gently caress you if you didn't select to have :sloppy: 's accomplices to be executed. Hang all traitors

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

That's pretty late in Stormblood, right before the level 67 primal fight. That's a good one, but I think my favorite is still the one early in Stormblood where you tell Alphinaud that frankly, this isn't your war to fight. Which is pretty much true, even if you're kinda stuck in that fight anyways, and even if the terror of the Garlean regime and Zenos and such gives you a reason to fight eventually. For a character that intentionally has a pretty threadbare personal storyline, they do a good job of giving the WoL some personality even before you touch the DRK quests.

Also, I partied up with some other namechanged goons (rip Aika Mierqid, hello Estelle Auberlaint, rip Naheo, hello Ernest Namingway) and accidentally ran through Weeping City thanks to the magic of Alliance Roulette. Only one wipe, and it wasn't even to Ozma, who was probably the easiest part of the whole dungeon honestly. I was expecting much, much worse even with item level creep. Too bad that I don't have an excuse to avoid Dun Scaith now.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yuyuhase deserves to hang for sure, he's basically a face full of makeup away from being Eorzea's Joker, and while Laurentius isn't damaged in quite the same ways as Harley, he's more of a spineless minion following along because he doesn't know any better, than not.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://twitter.com/mizuha1218/status/919918291539263488

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Ainsley McTree posted:

That was pretty great.

Bolow posted:

4.1 MSQ Spoilers, but gently caress you if you didn't select to have :sloppy: 's accomplices to be executed. Hang all traitors

I like how even Raub's like "Yeah, gently caress those guys especially."

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Yuyuhase deserves to hang for sure, he's basically a face full of makeup away from being Eorzea's Joker, and while Laurentius isn't damaged in quite the same ways as Harley, he's more of a spineless minion following along because he doesn't know any better, than not.

I went with the other option because we haven't seen them since the thing at the wall happened and if anything's going to make them have second thoughts about what they did it'd be witnessing that.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
How does this handle on the ps4? Do people use a keyboard for chatting and the controller for everything else?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Oh, I forgot to ask this question about squadrons: Is there a dungeon that's better than all the others for spamming out? The XP is meaningless to me since I haven't had a character below level 50 since like... AST/DRK/MCH, I just want muh dang emotes.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/dammitkallie/status/919962189280059392

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bolow posted:

i switched main to drk so now it's perfectly in character for me

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

How does this handle on the ps4? Do people use a keyboard for chatting and the controller for everything else?
Its good, even on PC I prefer playing this game with a controller. Only difference from the PC version is that load times are a little longer and graphics are a little worse. And yeah get a little bluetooth keyboard or something to do serious chatting, but for niceties like saying hello and thanks auto-translate macros work fine

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oh, I forgot to ask this question about squadrons: Is there a dungeon that's better than all the others for spamming out? The XP is meaningless to me since I haven't had a character below level 50 since like... AST/DRK/MCH, I just want muh dang emotes.
Brayflox seems fastest, not a whole lot of trash and the bosses die in like 30 seconds if you're spamming engage.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I think Stone Vigil is the fastest? Halatali requires a ton of micromanagement on the last boss because he goes invulnerable constantly. Thousand Maws can go gently caress itself. Being relatively new to the game it blows my goddamn mind that someone though the toxic slow tunnel bullshit that lasts for half the goddamn dungeon was ever a good idea, and that apparently it was even worse in 1.0 :psyduck:

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Another one of the best possible conversation topics: Nod politely while considering how to spend your tomestones

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I like when the NPCs say something to the effect of "Let me guess, you're going to agree by nodding stoically and punching your fist into your hand?" before you do exactly that.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

DizzyBum posted:

I like when the NPCs say something to the effect of "Let me guess, you're going to agree by nodding stoically and punching your fist into your hand?" before you do exactly that.

Wish there was a /bird emote for moments like those.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bolow posted:

I chose to spare them, so when that little fucker Yuyuhase inevitably steps out line I can end him myself.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Thundarr posted:

I chose to spare them, so when that little fucker Yuyuhase inevitably steps out line I can end him myself.

I chose this too If were going through all the effort to spare Fordola then little Yoyo and Laurence can have another chance too. But Twelve help them if they step outta line cause I will gladly end them myself if they do

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

BrightWing posted:

I chose this too If were going through all the effort to spare Fordola then little Yoyo and Laurence can have another chance too. But Twelve help them if they step outta line cause I will gladly end them myself if they do

Actually I think he may be the most evil villain we've encountered who isn't wearing Ascian robes. Back during the Crystal Braves, Yuyuhase's motivation was purely mercenary. Monetarist coin was good so he took it. A lovely thing to do but at least you can understand it. But what is his reasoning for helping Ilberd murder a bunch of his own men and then killing himself to summon a super primal? At least Laurentius had the excuse of being a wuss, but Yuyu seemed to be enjoying it. I can only conclude that he's decided to be evil for evils sake.

So when he shows up again gloating that my mercy enabled his escape, he'll be greeted with a sword to the face.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I mean in this patch we also gave a second chance to the tempered snake people that don't even have a will of their own and act only according to their hot mom god so I guess everybody gets one?? Redemptive arcs for everyone!

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Hang all traitors and let Hydaelyn sort them out

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, if you really can't cure or reason with the tempered then we probably should be exterminating them to the last man. Like, that is a terrible hegemonizing plague to leave lying around.

They seem to be going with "violence begets violence" but I'm not sure how that works with mindjacked thralls.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rand Brittain posted:

I mean, if you really can't cure or reason with the tempered then we probably should be exterminating them to the last man. Like, that is a terrible hegemonizing plague to leave lying around.

They seem to be going with "violence begets violence" but I'm not sure how that works with mindjacked thralls.

I could swear that that was literally a plot point for the first fight with Ifrit (meaning, they killed all the thralls after), but it's been so very long since I've played that part of the game that maybe I'm just confusing it with warhammer

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

I could swear that that was literally a plot point for the first fight with Ifrit (meaning, they killed all the thralls after), but it's been so very long since I've played that part of the game that maybe I'm just confusing it with warhammer

No, that's explicitly mentioned. There's no way to untemper people, it' is why it's so terrifyingly dangerous.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Ainsley McTree posted:

It was, and it was mentioned again before the Titan fight that last time the Maelstrom fought him they had to keep a large chunk of people in reserve just so they could kill the tempered after the fight and that's why they are so happy you're around to fight him this time because it'll mean less deaths.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
There's at least a few side-quests where NPCs are trying to see if there's ways to break tempering (one I recall offhand is an Amalj'aa beast tribe quest). None have worked to date, but hope springs eternal, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Alisae and the maelstrom still have that tempered kobold kid. I imagine that'll come back at some point.