Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/tometrics/status/919969510769221634

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

I had a Macy's gift card with like $75 on it kicking around for 2 years and spent it on a Hargreaves jersey over the summer.

I'd be happier if I had just lost the gift card.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

god he's loving bad

what happened

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Offenses game plan for numbers like that, which just makes the gap widen.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

Much respect. No sense in being a fairweather fan. :tipshat:

On one hand, being a fan since '89 means I have been through my fair share of storms and crap with this team so I should ride the wave when they are actually good.

On the other hand, and it could just be my expectations being elevated due to last year, the inability for this team to close out games has just finally sent me over the edge. I had that moment yesterday where I was super pissed and thought to myself why am I allowing some random people I have never met before dictate how my Sunday's are going to go? I apparently get way too emotionally invested in Football.

Chilichimp posted:

Meh, be like me and drink some beers and play your star wars galaxy of heroes phone game between the plays. Gotta keep your interest split between two different types of soul crushing bullshit in order to truly reach zen.

Oh, and drinking really loving helps.

It's getting nice in Az now. Maybe I'll get out and golf more, or take the family hiking or something until I can get my hulk smash Falcon fandom in check.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Chilichimp posted:

I'm watching every loving game. Fairweather, I am not. I've got 8 other months of the year to recover from these body blows.

Same. Mainly cos I'm an idiot and paid for a gamepass sub.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Serotonin posted:

Same. Mainly cos I'm an idiot and paid for a gamepass sub.

If you ever change your fandom to another team in this subforum, no one here will ever let you forget it.

Just ask Mel.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

If you ever change your fandom to another team in this subforum, no one here will ever let you forget it.

Just ask Mel.

I took an Uber this weekend where the driver full on admitted he was a "professional bandwagoner" He's a Yankees, Patriots and Bama fan. Even though he's never left Chicago. He's also not a Cubs fan because apparently they haven't shown him enough to make him jump on their bandwagon. It would take them winning the series again this year to do it.

It took all my strength to not jerk the wheel into oncoming traffic.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I took an Uber this weekend where the driver full on admitted he was a "professional bandwagoner" He's a Yankees, Patriots and Bama fan. Even though he's never left Chicago. He's also not a Cubs fan because apparently they haven't shown him enough to make him jump on their bandwagon. It would take them winning the series again this year to do it.

It took all my strength to not jerk the wheel into oncoming traffic.

They let 12 year olds drive Uber's now?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chilichimp posted:

Just ask Mel.

There's a lot of leeway if you switch to a traditionally bad team. The problem is Mel went from one evil dynasty to another, even more evil dynasty.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

There's a lot of leeway if you switch to a traditionally bad team. The problem is Mel went from one evil dynasty to another, even more evil dynasty.

What was he before Pitt?

Also is there a GBS name change thread I am unaware of??

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
My biggest fear for changing teams would be that team all the sudden turning good after giving up on them and the team I switched to turning to poo poo. I think I'd rather quit watching football than switch teams.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I will confess to being a team switcher, but only for the NBA. I grew up a Lakers fan because they wore purple and gold. Then I also was a Shaquille O'Neal fan, rooting for whichever team he played for (which worked nicely when he was a Laker). Now I root for the Pelicans.

Never was a 90s Bulls fan though. I always wanted to see them lose.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

What was he before Pitt?

Also is there a GBS name change thread I am unaware of??

Broncos

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

God bless you. I am not fairweather either, I've just found myself getting waaaaaaaaaaaaay too emotionally invested and charged in these games since the SB and I don't want to turn into Lloyd Christmas :smith:

same, i can't imagine myself switching teams but i shouldn't be this mad about a football game.

i just get insanely frustrated

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sword_man.gif posted:

same, i can't imagine myself switching teams but i shouldn't be this mad about a football game.

i just get insanely frustrated

Have any of you gotten so frustrated with a football game you have punched an inanimate object? Asking for a friend...

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

Just ask Mel.

Not gonna happen. I've been a West Ham fan for 40yrs. I'm used to crushing disappointment and misery.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Have any of you gotten so frustrated with a football game you have punched an inanimate object? Asking for a friend...

man i invested in a heavy bag to deal with my anger issues

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V81sP8zFcI8

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sword_man.gif posted:

man i invested in a heavy bag to deal with my anger issues

Great idea!

Pretty much. Though I would never punch my tv lol

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/919986686028931072

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

After the Superbowl, I punched a wall then stormed upstairs and went to bed.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

After the Superbowl, I punched a wall then stormed upstairs and went to bed.

The only thing that prevented me from doing just this is a houseful of people that had no clue what to say or how to act around me because they pitied me so much lol

Also good for Rico. Moron fans calling out players on twitter is the dumbest thing. Especially this moron mad because he chose to miss his kids game.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 16, 2017

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

It’s only football, friends. If you find yourself getting mad at it turn the game off and go have a nice meal, find a pretty person of whatever gender you fancy to talk to, rub one out to weird poo poo you found on the internet, play a video game, smoke weed and take a nap, play with your kids, call your mom, lift heavy poo poo...lots of options that are better than getting super angry at a game played for your amusement by men you don’t know.

Not watching doesn’t make you a fair weather fan. It’s supposed to be entertainment, if it’s not entertaining then take a break.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Don't miss your kids little league game to watch an NFL game and then tell an NFL player that poo poo. Fuckin' shameful, smh.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The only thing that prevented me from doing just this is a houseful of people that had no clue what to say or how to act around me because they pitied me so much lol

Also good for Rico. Moron fans calling out players on twitter is the dumbest thing. Especially this moron mad because he chose to miss his kids game.

I had a house full of people, I didn't care. I went anyway. Everyone just sort of left after a while and my wife got mad at me.

HAHA, I still don't care. That was the best possible thing for me to do.

Upside: I'm watching that poo poo in a hotel room next time to spare my family from my lovely fantrums. If we win, hell yes, brother, I was already planning to be out, so time to get drunk. If we lose, I'll sleep it off and wake up ready to loving poo poo CHRIST gently caress.... or something like that.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I had a house full of people, I didn't care. I went anyway. Everyone just sort of left after a while and my wife got mad at me.

HAHA, I still don't care. That was the best possible thing for me to do.

Upside: I'm watching that poo poo in a hotel room next time to spare my family form my lovely fantrums. If we win, hell yes, brother, I was already planning to be out, so time to get drunk. If we lose, I'll sleep it off and wake up ready to loving poo poo CHRIST gently caress.... or something like that.

I'm only laughing because I know your pain, friend. My wife would have been so mad if I made a spectacle in front of everyone. I would have never been able to live that down.

This is how my night ended. Campbell interfered with Bennett that gave the Pats 1st and goal at the one or two or whatever it was. I quietly got up, put the remote down very gently on the table, turned to my visitors with head hung low not making eye contact, quietly said "I can't watch this. Thank you all for coming", slowly turned and walked into my bedroom and sat there in disbelief. I heard some applause which got me excited for a split second (the should have been Beasley interception) followed by sadness. Followed by a bunch of HIS KNEE WAS DOWN shouts, followed by silence.

poo poo is depressing lol. :sigh:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I just laugh. Often with an insane look on my face. Just laugh and laugh because what is pain if not being a Saints and LSU football fan in the 90s?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

I sat alone while my family slept upstairs cos it’s on at a stupid time in the morning here. I wasn’t sure if I was feeling nauseous through lack of sleep or the pure horror of what was unfolding by around 4am.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im a fairweather fan in the litera sense. If your team doesnt play in fairweather Im not watchig you live.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Serotonin posted:

I sat alone while my family slept upstairs cos it’s on at a stupid time in the morning here. I wasn’t sure if I was feeling nauseous through lack of sleep or the pure horror of what was unfolding by around 4am.

I got laid off just before wild card weekend in 2015. The day of the Super Bowl I slept literally all day, woke up just in time for the national anthem, watched Denver dismantle our offense and went back to sleep.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
My dad and I drove for an hour to our hotel outside Houston, ate a whataburger, saying maybe a dozen words the entire time.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Barudak posted:

Im a fairweather fan in the litera sense. If your team doesnt play in fairweather Im not watchig you live.

Technically, a clear summer day in Louisiana is fair weather, but it's too loving hot to go see Tulane play in their stadium in September.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

oldskool posted:

I got laid off just before wild card weekend in 2015. The day of the Super Bowl I slept literally all day, woke up just in time for the national anthem, watched Denver dismantle our offense and went back to sleep.

I took a day off work and watched it with 2 mates. All they did was pat me on the back and tell me they were sorry. Then i was sad driving home.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s only football, friends. If you find yourself getting mad at it turn the game off and go have a nice meal, find a pretty person of whatever gender you fancy to talk to, rub one out to weird poo poo you found on the internet, play a video game, smoke weed and take a nap, play with your kids, call your mom, lift heavy poo poo...lots of options that are better than getting super angry at a game played for your amusement by men you don’t know.

Not watching doesn’t make you a fair weather fan. It’s supposed to be entertainment, if it’s not entertaining then take a break.

I got pretty frustrated after the Bucs went down 31-0 or whatever yesterday so I turned it off to watch some movie with my wife. Was kinda watching on twitter saw they were coming back so I put the game on and Fitz immediately threw a pick on the one yard line and then watched Peterson score a 1 yard td and went back to watching the movie.

I can't remember ever turning a game off in the middle but enough is enough.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Technically, a clear summer day in Louisiana is fair weather, but it's too loving hot to go see Tulane play in their stadium in September.

God invented dome stadiums for a reason, it's right there in the bible.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

I got pretty frustrated after the Bucs went down 31-0 or whatever yesterday so I turned it off to watch some movie with my wife. Was kinda watching on twitter saw they were coming back so I put the game on and Fitz immediately threw a pick on the one yard line and then watched Peterson score a 1 yard td and went back to watching the movie.

I basically did the same thing. It felt like I was jinxing them by watching cause they only did good things when I wasn't looking.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

i recently switched from being a Dolphins fan to being a Rams fan. i highly recommend abandoning hopeless franchises for other hopeless franchises

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Panthers promoted a fourth qb to the team, leading many to believe Big Dick Derek Anderson is on the trade block.

so uh, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

The Panthers promoted a fourth qb to the team, leading many to believe Big Dick Derek Anderson is on the trade block.

so uh, yeah.

Released Kaaya instead, so I would guess Newton's quietly injured and they're going with the now-#2 QB that knows the playbook better.

• Locked thread