Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NuclearPotato posted:

That's just the Sumo Hall show from August. If you want to throw some money at AJPW, go for it; it's a decent card with two MOTY contenders in the Strong BJ/KAImura tag, and Miyahara/Ishikawa II.

Yeah, I had some free credit from just liking the Facebook page and twitter for Fite so it was free and it looked pretty cool even if just an older show. It's actually really easy to get a crap ton of credit on Fite by having a friend sign up via an invite code and then use their own free $20 credit on stuff, which in turn gets you stuff. Lord knows I'm getting the rest of the family to sign up during my daughters soccer game tomorrow.

Edit: eeew video appears to be interlaced or something. It's full of jaggies.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
DDT Pro is doing English voice-overs and recaps now on their streaming service which is actually really cool. I don't know if it has anything to do with the company that bought them out but it's very welcomed. Especially with how nonsensical some of the DDT stories can be

http://ddtuniverse.com/program/index/20170924_DDT_ENG

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

RealFoxy posted:

DDT Pro is doing English voice-overs and recaps now on their streaming service which is actually really cool. I don't know if it has anything to do with the company that bought them out but it's very welcomed. Especially with how nonsensical some of the DDT stories can be

http://ddtuniverse.com/program/index/20170924_DDT_ENG

Can't watch them right now, but are the voiceovers true to the DDT spirit?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Adaptabullshit posted:

Can't watch them right now, but are the voiceovers true to the DDT spirit?
They're not really wacky voices if that's what you mean.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bigger question is will DDT ever let me reset my password so I can log in.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I missed the original message or I would have posted it here but the pre-orders are still open until tomorrow in case anyone wants to grab one:
http://jbroe.bigcartel.com/product/fan-flags

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What's Sasuke up to, if anything?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What's Sasuke up to, if anything?

Still runs Michinoku Pro, just did a match in Dragon Gate.

Crazy as ever.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

OGB posted:

Still runs Michinoku Pro, just did a match in Dragon Gate.

Crazy as ever.

How was his DG appearance?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How was his DG appearance?

he looked like the most limited guy on a team with taka michinoku and jinsei shinzaki. it was just a barely over ten minute somewhat comedy match against mochizuki/fujji/cima for fujii and cima's 20th anniversary. the reason fujii/cima chose those three was because before toryumon japan was a thing, crazy max was seen as the rudo stable heirs to kaientai dx and were allied with sasuke in sasuke's sort of yakuza-ish sasuke-gumi stable. cima also burned up taka's passport, drivers license and proof of insurance as an troll move when he was back in japan during his wwf run.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

RealFoxy posted:

They're not really wacky voices if that's what you mean.

Well, if they are completely serious and straight faced while explaining all the wackiness, then it's actually even better. That's what the japanese commentary tends to be like a lot of times, they're selling everything that happens in the ring.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

BJW are starting a streaming service Nov 1st for 888 yen (Roughly $8) :toot:

Anyone complaining about no alternatives to WWE these days just aren't trying

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Market oversaturation though. It's a pipedream, but having DDT, K-Dojo and BJW do a combined streaming service would've been more fruitful for all parties involved.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Adaptabullshit posted:

Market oversaturation though. It's a pipedream, but having DDT, K-Dojo and BJW do a combined streaming service would've been more fruitful for all parties involved.
They're all allies so it's not completely outrageous. They've done a lot of talent trading and the famous New Years Shows for a while now.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's bad actually because now they'll stop uploading bjw to the puro archive

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I’m still holding out for a Dragon Gate service. Maybe with Toryumon archives?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Realize most of you won't buy from them out of principle, but PWT is selling both Dragon Gate (stable and individual guys) and DDT shirts.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Uhhh who wouldn't buy an H A Gee Mee tank

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Uhhh who wouldn't buy an H A Gee Mee tank
I would rather just buy them directly from DDT via someone like HarperDC, they're probably much better quality and there's no shithead middleman to get there.

That being said I'm still on the hunt for a poo poo Heart Foundation shirt because all it was was a plain t-shirt that said "I have a poo poo ♥"

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

You rang?

(Not looking to make reselling a side-gig but am willing to help goons out :unsmith: PM if serious)

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I guess Joe Doering is ok now because he won the Triple Crown again.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Did anyone check out the 10/21 AJPW show? I assume it's not gonna make it to the puro archive (gently caress off Fite.tv....), so is it worth tossing them 5 bucks for Suwama vs. Joe and NEXTREAM vs. Aoki/Sato?

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

You don't have to throw $5 if you don't want to, the show's already on RealHero: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5rK95X3mRiiZEVhVVV0Vl93WFE

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

NuclearPotato posted:

You don't have to throw $5 if you don't want to, the show's already on RealHero: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5rK95X3mRiiZEVhVVV0Vl93WFE

loving beautiful, mate. Everyone should be watching AJPW. It's loving Lit right now. Some of the most watchable wrestling and interesting cast of players going today. It's got that old school deliberate, but dynamic sensibility you 'just' don't see very often anymore. I'm hooked.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 28, 2017

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
as soon as the realhero guys realise that fite is up to date now those shows are gonna be gone probably

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

News: tonight at Korakuen is Atsushi Onita’s retirement show

Views: yeah right like he’ll retire, same as Terry Funk right?

Also views:

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/925321793753288704

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

harperdc posted:

News: tonight at Korakuen is Atsushi Onita’s retirement show

Views: yeah right like he’ll retire, same as Terry Funk right?

Also views:

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/925321793753288704

January is the 33rd anniversary of his first retirement!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You all know it’s super easy it’s to get a free $20 credit for fite.tv right?

My issue is that AJPW or Gaora is giving them poo poo masters that are interlaced for some reason. But hey it was free.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Big Japan's new streaming service sucks so bad that Real Hero Archive reinstated BJW and will just remove shows as they get added to the service. Our national crisis has ended.

BJW is great and people should be watching it now that it's on the archive again. Toss BJW some cash when you can so that maybe they'll get their poo poo together as well.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
i haven't kept up with BJW but it seems to have kind of come off the rails this year from what i hear

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Anyone know what match this is from?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

11/1/89: riki choshu, masahiro chono, and jushin liger vs tom prichard, tony st. clair, and vader

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
does anyone else watch DDT? i started watching a bit and while it's totally insane and some of the stuff goes completely over my head (one guy's gimmick is that he's some sort of lawman who prosecutes people in the ring???) some of the wrestling is freaking amazing, and the comedy is weirdly pleasant to watch whenever it doesn't veer into out and out homophobia.

their current world champ, Konosuke Takeshita, is like 22 years old. and he's freaking insanely good. he had a 60 minute draw with his former tag team partner Tetsuya Endo that was a really great match.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DDT has always been one of the best products in Japan for ages now and offer an exaggerated WWE style with really absurd comedy mixed in with legitimately great wrestlers. Dick Togo had a number of really good matches in the promotion, Daisuke Sekimoto had a brief run as their champion where every single defense was legitimately 4* and up, and of course it's where Kota Ibushi and Kenny Omega became breakout stars. KUDO and Harishima are both under-rated veterans there too and this is without even scratching the surface on their comedy matches or "Anywhere" matches

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

DDT has always been one of the best products in Japan for ages now and offer an exaggerated WWE style with really absurd comedy mixed in with legitimately great wrestlers. Dick Togo had a number of really good matches in the promotion, Daisuke Sekimoto had a brief run as their champion where every single defense was legitimately 4* and up, and of course it's where Kota Ibushi and Kenny Omega became breakout stars. KUDO and Harishima are both under-rated veterans there too and this is without even scratching the surface on their comedy matches or "Anywhere" matches

I'm really surprised Kudo never took off in the US. If the indies were stronger in 2007 he'd have gotten a ton of dates after his KOT appearances. Yago too.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I'm really surprised Kudo never took off in the US. If the indies were stronger in 2007 he'd have gotten a ton of dates after his KOT appearances. Yago too.

100% agreed, that whole team blew minds that weekend, the DVDVR crew raved about their performances

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
the Kento Miyahara/Yoshitatsu vs. Suwama/Shuji Ishikawa match from the latest AJPW show is must-see. the whole show was really good actually

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tokyo Sports awards courtesy of STRIGGA:

MVP: Tetsuya Naito
Best Tag Team: Suwama & Shuji Ishikawa
Best Bout: Okada vs Omega (1/4)
Technique: Hideki Suzuki
Fighting Sprit: Katsuyori Shibata
Special Award: YAMATO
Women's GP: Io Shirai
Rookie of the year: Yuma Aoyagi

Everything makes sense given how they do things other than that I don't get how Aoyagi can still be considered a rookie

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Thauros posted:

Fighting Sprit: Katsuyori Shibata

still too soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted: