Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Ogmius815 posted:

Probably Jolly for marshadow right? It doesn't really matter because it's literally going to sit in my box and do nothing for ever but I like to think I at least could use my 'mons for something.

I went Adamant because that is what it gave me after 4 resets and I wasn’t going temp fate.

Also using a Jolly synchronize Ralt didn’t seem to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

AlternateNu posted:

I went Adamant because that is what it gave me after 4 resets and I wasn’t going temp fate.

Also using a Jolly synchronize Ralt didn’t seem to work.

People seem to be having synchronize problems with this one. It may be that a patch has prevented synchronize from working with mystery gift Pokemon like it used to.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

From Pokémon Emerald onward, if a Pokémon with Synchronize is in the first place in the party (even if fainted), any wild Pokémon encountered has a 50% chance of having the same Nature as the Pokémon with this Ability. Starting in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, if a Pokémon with Synchronize is leading the party, gift Pokémon (except Pokémon obtained via Mystery Gift) in the Undiscovered Egg Group will always have the same Nature.

This does not apply to roaming Pokémon, Pokémon revived from Fossils, or Pokémon in the Entree Forest. In Emerald, it does not apply to stationary Pokémon (such as Regirock or Rayquaza). It also does not apply in the Pokéwalker.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

If Lunala is considered the feminine evolution and Solageo the masculine evolution, what gender is Nebby?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Attack Helicopter.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Crosspeice posted:

From Pokémon Emerald onward, if a Pokémon with Synchronize is in the first place in the party (even if fainted), any wild Pokémon encountered has a 50% chance of having the same Nature as the Pokémon with this Ability. Starting in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, if a Pokémon with Synchronize is leading the party, gift Pokémon (except Pokémon obtained via Mystery Gift) in the Undiscovered Egg Group will always have the same Nature.

This does not apply to roaming Pokémon, Pokémon revived from Fossils, or Pokémon in the Entree Forest. In Emerald, it does not apply to stationary Pokémon (such as Regirock or Rayquaza). It also does not apply in the Pokéwalker.

Jeez. How aggravating and unnecessary.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I've added that text to the second post of the OP, since it crops up every now and then.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

PetraCore posted:

If Lunala is considered the feminine evolution and Solageo the masculine evolution, what gender is Nebby?

Nebulous

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

:golfclap:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
What's the best nature for Necrozma? Smogon says bold.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PetraCore posted:

finally, pokemon has an genderfluid character

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Ditto has been a thing for 20 years now.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I would think Nebby would be more nonbinary.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nebby's gender is revealed in my exclusive 500 page dissertation, coming this spring.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Hustlin Floh posted:

Nebby's gender is revealed in my exclusive 500 page dissertation, coming this spring.
Nebby's gender is only understandable to those born in ultra space.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Ditto is gender "fluid" while also having a fluid gender.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

PetraCore posted:

Nebby's gender is only understandable to those born in ultra space.

You know this whole ultra space thing makes me wonder if that is what Porygon-Z's dex entry was talking about when Pory2 got frisbee'd off to an alien dimension and came back as a modified UB evolution freak

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Parrotine posted:

You know this whole ultra space thing makes me wonder if that is what Porygon-Z's dex entry was talking about when Pory2 got frisbee'd off to an alien dimension and came back as a modified UB evolution freak

It was the modification to its software in anticipation of the interdimensional voyage that corrupted it, not the voyage itself.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I thought it was an illegal modification to send it into space

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Awaiting the rumored 4th evolution: Porygon Z-2 International + Last Mission Prologue 358/2 Dream Drop Distance.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

mycelia posted:

oh so now he gets in the loving bag

It needs a victim

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Willsun posted:

Awaiting the rumored 4th evolution: Porygon Z-2 International + Last Mission Prologue 358/2 Dream Drop Distance.

No, Porygon2 will get an alternative evolution with an overpriced evolutionary hold item that is only Mac compatible.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

So I missed the Charizard giveaway by a day and Target doesn't let people have them the next day, because the rules. If someone has an extra, I'd appreciate it.

Okay, back to trying to finish Moon before Ultra S/M comes out.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dabir posted:

I thought it was an illegal modification to send it into space

USUM will reveal that Guzma's a terrible programmer and that he was the one the hosed up when making Porygon Z for a trip to Ultra Space.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

If anyone has a spare Marshadow code, I'd appreciate it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh boy, another event that is distributed entirely in stores to gently caress everyone else over (shiny Silvally, this time).

Every event makes me wonder more and more why GameFreak bothered to set up a wifi distribution system and that QR code thing that was used all of once.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh boy, another event that is distributed entirely in stores to gently caress everyone else over (shiny Silvally, this time).

Every event makes me wonder more and more why GameFreak bothered to set up a wifi distribution system and that QR code thing that was used all of once.

If you do a distribution in a store, then you can make a deal with the store and get something in return.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
So, I have never played a Pokémon game in my life (not even Pokémon GO). A relative just gave me Sun as a graduation gift (he knows jack poo poo about videogames, said he picked Pokémon because I was obsessed with the anime in the late 90's/early 2000's craze). I don't know if my OG 3DS is very old or something, but the poor thing clearly struggles with this game before getting to the title screen.

I just got my first Pokémon (the water seal) and I just wanted to ask if I should get picky when catching wild Pokémon, or if I should just go hog wild and go from there.

I was tempted to check a guide/ the wiki to get started and have an idea of what I'm doing, but I'm seriously considering doing my first playthrough without looking up anything and stumble my way around for shits and giggles (and later do a second playthrugh and marvel at my stupid choices). I haven't read anything on this thread except the OP for the same reason.

wish me luck, I guess.

Edit: Oh god what are those weird Meowth noises.

Edit 2: Can you change nicknames? I accidentaly hit enter on a bird I caught and it kept the default.

Siselmo fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 16, 2017

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You can go hog wild if you want. There's EXP scaling, so underleveled pokemon will catch up fast enough.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
You can change nicknames as soon as you reach the second island.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It's a game for children, don't stress too much and just use whatever seems the coolest/cutest.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Blaze Dragon posted:

Event Pokemon are planned for Japanese movie theaters and Pokemon stores. North America is an afterthought but why throw away a way to move stock at retail?

We've been through this multiple times now. First, there's a code distribution and people complain about not being able to get a ride to Gamestop. Later, when the Pokemon movie is released on DVD and aired on TV they make it available for internet download and people complain because they weren't thinking about Pokemon in the month it came out.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Siselmo posted:

So, I have never played a Pokémon game in my life (not even Pokémon GO). A relative just gave me Sun as a graduation gift (he knows jack poo poo about videogames, said he picked Pokémon because I was obsessed with the anime in the late 90's/early 2000's craze). I don't know if my OG 3DS is very old or something, but the poor thing clearly struggles with this game before getting to the title screen.

I just got my first Pokémon (the water seal) and I just wanted to ask if I should get picky when catching wild Pokémon, or if I should just go hog wild and go from there.

I was tempted to check a guide/ the wiki to get started and have an idea of what I'm doing, but I'm seriously considering doing my first playthrough without looking up anything and stumble my way around for shits and giggles (and later do a second playthrugh and marvel at my stupid choices). I haven't read anything on this thread except the OP for the same reason.

wish me luck, I guess.

Edit: Oh god what are those weird Meowth noises.

Edit 2: Can you change nicknames? I accidentaly hit enter on a bird I caught and it kept the default.
Just catch whatever you want. Pokeballs are cheap and you can change nicknames by talking to a guy in the first town on the second island. Since Sun/Moon tells you if your moves are supereffective or not effective against a pokemon after seeing it once, you shouldn't have a problem trying to juggle type match ups. Some pokemon are better competatively than others but all should be able to get you through the game if you keep training them.

EDIT: I also think it's a good idea to play your first game blind. Just have fun with it!

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 16, 2017

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Dehry posted:

Event Pokemon are planned for Japanese movie theaters and Pokemon stores. North America is an afterthought but why throw away a way to move stock at retail?

We've been through this multiple times now. First, there's a code distribution and people complain about not being able to get a ride to Gamestop. Later, when the Pokemon movie is released on DVD and aired on TV they make it available for internet download and people complain because they weren't thinking about Pokemon in the month it came out.
This isn't a thing that happens with all events, or even really most of them.

Outside of the GF store events last year, i'm struggling to remember when a store event was later made a download one. I know Diancie wasn't. Pretty sure Volcanion wasn't, but Hoopa might have been?

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Took the time to make up a new trading thread. Useful for people asking for codes, seeking weird pokemon/move combos or worried their request might get lost in the white noise of discord.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Aristide posted:

Took the time to make up a new trading thread. Useful for people asking for codes, seeking weird pokemon/move combos or worried their request might get lost in the white noise of discord.

Nice, added to the OP and also stealing that trade image cause that's super useful!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I know I'm late to the party on this, but, it blows my mind that freaking Nidoking is meant to be a Special Attacker, according to Smogon.

I mean, I'm sure the math checks out, but, it's goddamn Nidoking, just look at him. Pokegod obviously wanted him to be a brawler.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
You can definitely make physical Nidoking work, he has a few options to take advantage of Sheer Force, but it's just a much smaller movepool and a lot more predictable as a result.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dehry posted:

Getting a ride to Gamestop is getting a plane to a different country for most of the world, I hope you realize. And the second part is blatantly false.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Countblanc posted:

You can definitely make physical Nidoking work, he has a few options to take advantage of Sheer Force, but it's just a much smaller movepool and a lot more predictable as a result.

Back in the GSC days, I always liked loading him up with the 3 elemental punches and Earthquake.
Of course, this was back when I foolishly assumed that Punches were physical damage. :downs: