Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Palpek posted:

That's way too much forehead for Johnny.

And not enough nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i hope he isn't a psion i don't need more fuckin psions in my party

i was kind of bummed that it turned out to be the You Are Special Mary Sue Class narratively speaking, i only chose it because it's a mage that doesn't use vancian casting

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Recently I was playing a card game with my dad, and sometimes we'll play using 2 decks mixed together, which changes up the strategy and the odds a bit. Well, at one point I actually did manage to get five aces. I couldn't explain to him why I found it so funny.

That's my card story.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Evil Within (first one) just became the first game in like over a decade where I stayed up all night dying constantly to OHKOs for literally hours so I could power through a couple chapters.

It's great! And also so bad!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

CJacobs posted:

Mods please change my name to CJ! (don't actually, it's what my mom calls me)

Does your mom call you a Busta and berate you for not following the train?

e: beaten, of course

raditts fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 17, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

raditts posted:

lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

raditts posted:

e: beaten, of course

My mom, no, but I had a friend in high school who did. Honestly I wish more people would call me a busta, I like that much better than 'CJakes' which is what the lets play community has decided to call me

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Still trying to figure out if that guy in high school I knew was actually named JC Denton or if I just believed that because I hadn't played Deus Ex at the time. I feel like a teacher actually called him that at some point but I have a feeling I'm just delusional.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Phantasium posted:

Still trying to figure out if that guy in high school I knew was actually named JC Denton or if I just believed that because I hadn't played Deus Ex at the time. I feel like a teacher actually called him that at some point but I have a feeling I'm just delusional.

you're misremembering my name was jt benson you fuckboy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm finally trying to beat castlevania 1 and uh

wow, these last few levels sure are some poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

i'm finally trying to beat castlevania 1 and uh

wow, these last few levels sure are some poo poo

It's a toughie

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never been able to beat CVIII but I should try again for the scary month

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
CVIII is a great game but it's also just becomes complete bullshit

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there's a civ 8 ??

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i'm gonna play cv3 this month too

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I got Stories Untold in one of the IGN™ Humble Bundles, I think that will be my scary game of the month.

That or TIS-100

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Don't do Alucard's route for a first playthrough.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Uh if you are not rolling with Grant DaNasty you have dropped the ball

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It's hard for me to recommend the English versions of Konami games knowing the changes the made to make things a headache for renters. The original Castlevania is safe against that, and I would definitely get the patch for Castlevania 2 that speeds up the night cycle transition and includes actual helpful dialog.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Instead of playing Castlevania III y'all should just watch the Netflix mini-series.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Castlevania II with the untouched original English dialog is what I would show someone to prove video games are art.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I just learned that series was written by Warren Ellis and I'm like, why did I sleep on that

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just learned that series was written by Warren Ellis and I'm like, why did I sleep on that
He was weirdly obsessed with keeping a scene where characters discuss bestiality in the series.

Like, he talked this scene up for years. The scene itself was bad too.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

al-azad posted:

It's hard for me to recommend the English versions of Konami games knowing the changes the made to make things a headache for renters. The original Castlevania is safe against that, and I would definitely get the patch for Castlevania 2 that speeds up the night cycle transition and includes actual helpful dialog.

there's an english patch for jp cv3 too

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/BNLFz5c.gifv

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Watching the gccx of Castlevania III made me realize they made the western release even harder and WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT??? Like Grant goes from being a pretty great character to a...not so great character

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Uh if you are not rolling with Grant DaNasty you have dropped the ball

Pimpwalk up the clocktower, tell grant you don't need his help, and then gently caress off into the night.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I just started dragons dogma and shadow of war.. but I feel like I should give all my attention to one and I can't decide which to focus on first. Both games start off pretty good, although SoW is more action packed hmmm

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What are some couch co-op games on the Switch that you guys like playing with your friends, significant other, mom?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

Watching the gccx of Castlevania III made me realize they made the western release even harder and WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT??? Like Grant goes from being a pretty great character to a...not so great character
they made games harder in the west because rentals don't exist in japan and they didn't want westerners to rent the game and beat it without buying it

and then on the other hand they made some games easier because westerners sucked at video games?? idk

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

IdealFlaws posted:

I just started dragons dogma and shadow of war.. but I feel like I should give all my attention to one and I can't decide which to focus on first. Both games start off pretty good, although SoW is more action packed hmmm

You should go with Dragon's Dogma because it's actually a good game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it was sick when working designs did that for exactly every game they published, to varying degrees of making it maybe a bit more annoying or absolutely loving destroying the balance

i was gonna play silhouette mirage, but apparently they changed weapons in the english release to make them more balanced except their way of balancing them is by making it so you'll never bother using them in the first place

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I said come in! posted:

What are some couch co-op games on the Switch that you guys like playing with your friends, significant other, mom?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Someone please talk me out of getting Elex, I'd never heard about it before checking GOG today but it seems extremely like my kind of thing, right down to weird European RPG jank. Plus, I just can't pass up a game with a jetpack.

I said come in! posted:

Are there any yet, really? It's not co-op but I played MK8DX with my ancient parents and with the steering assist and tilt controls turned on they did great and kept asking for one more race.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Realtalk: Overcooked is a good couch co-op game but the Switch port is said to be pretty bad?

Super Mario Odyssey somehow has coop where one person controls Mario and the other controls Cappy, I have no idea how that's supposed to play out in practice

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Shovel Knight co-op owns

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

an actual dog posted:

Shovel Knight co-op owns

What the gently caress is this really a thing?

e: I have owned SK on Switch for months.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

food court bailiff posted:

What the gently caress is this really a thing?

e: I have owned SK on Switch for months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWoHw_Kzl2o

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

snipperclips is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted: