Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Took care of some of the Ultimates I missed. Primal Exdeath really wants a mage team though, and the shifting weaknesses makes it seem awkward, so I think I'll have to make and save a general-purpose mage team for once. I'm sure I have a few good options in there though...

Also I'm scared of the Apocalypse + version of the Asura/Leviathan battle even though it's technically outdated. Whatever... I'll think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hogama posted:

The Breakdowns still stack with Full Break because they're different IDs, and in fact are a larger decrease on their own in a particular stat (MAG/RES -50%, ATK/MND/DEF -40% compared to Full Break's ATK/MAG/DEF/RES -30%).

Huh, good to know. Fortunately I'm sitting on a metric buttload of orbs from that roulette

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
FFV Really, really doesn't want me to get a BSB for Bartz.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Bell_ posted:

FFV Really, really doesn't want me to get a BSB for Bartz.

It’s a banner with a billion relics, most of them bad. The odds of you getting any one thing are really low.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

bilperkins2 posted:

Now I gotta decide if it's worth 60 stamina to get 3 Major Eggs and a Major Summon Orb and, most importantly, changing that COMPLETE to MASTER on the one dungeon I couldn't beat back in the day.

The better question is will you be able to sleep at night knowing that one complete is still on your record?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Edit: Better question would be which relics are probably worth pulling for. I know there's Cloud's USB and OK's BSB any other big ones?

Might take a while to search through, but sure. Very subjective opinions below, and I might like stat sticks a bit too much. Tried to avoid going too hard on combo potential relics (i.e - Lightning USB is great with her LMR and BSB2, but the LMR and BSB2 don't stand out too much by themselves).

Rikku USB is probably the biggest other thing that hasn't has a reappearance yet in Japan. Also tried to pick out some of the better SSBs as they're slowly disappearing off banners.

Here's a reddit thread that links to the full lists of relics.

FFI (3/16)
WoL CSB, Sarah BSB, Master BSB

FFII (2/21)
Firion BSB, Maria BSB

FFIII (3/19)
Luneth OSB, Refia BSB, Onion BSB [+2 for Ingus SSB2 for the Earth+ sword and CoD BSB for the Holy/Dark Radiant Shield]

FFIV (5/37)
Golbez BSB, Edward SSB, Rosa USB, Edge BSB, Edge SSB2, Palom BSB

FFV (3/27)
Lenna USB, Krile SSB, Dorgaan SSB (for the wind+ sword)

FFVI (9/44)
Terra USB/OSB/LMR, Strago BSB, Setzer BSB, Celes BSB2/LMR, Relm USB/BSB

FFVII (9/49)
Cloud USB/BSB2, Tifa USB, Red USB, Zack CSB, Cid SSB2, Vincent USB/LMR, Shelke BSB

FFVIII (7/44)
Rinoa CSB, Squall BSB2, Edea BSB, Raijin SSB, Fujin BSB; OSB/LMR (for Golem)

FFIX (4/39)
Vivi OSB/LMR, Eiko USB, Kuja OSB

FFX (5/43)
Tidus CSB/OSB, Yuna USB/BSB2, Rikku USB

FFXI (3/11)
Shantotto CSB, Curilla BSB, Lion BSB

FFXII (5/38)
Fran USB, Vaan USB/BSB, Larsa BSB, Reks BSB

FFXIII (3/39)
Vanille BSB, Lightning USB, Raines BSB

FFXIV (4/26)
Y'shtola BSB, Papalymo BSB, Alphinaud BSB/SSB

FFXV (4/11)
Noctis SSB/LMR, Iris BSB/LMR

Tactics (5/25)
Ramza USB/SSB2/SSB1, Orlandeau OSB, Rapha BSB

Type-0 (2/11)
Ace USB, Deuce BSB

pichupal fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 17, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

pichupal posted:

Might take a while to search through, but sure. Very subjective opinions below, and I might like stat sticks a bit too much. Tried to avoid going too hard on combo potential relics (i.e - Lightning USB is great with her LMR and BSB2, but the LMR and BSB2 don't stand out too much by themselves).

Rikku USB is probably the biggest other thing that hasn't has a reappearance yet in Japan. Also tried to pick out some of the better SSBs as they're slowly disappearing off banners.

Here's a reddit thread that links to the full lists of relics.

FFI (3/16)
WoL CSB, Sarah BSB, Master BSB

FFII (2/21)
Firion BSB, Maria BSB

FFIII (3/19)
Luneth OSB, Refia BSB, Onion BSB [+2 for Ingus SSB2 for the Earth+ sword and CoD BSB for the Holy/Dark Radiant Shield]

FFIV (5/37)
Golbez BSB, Edward SSB, Rosa USB, Edge BSB, Edge SSB2, Palom BSB

FFV (3/27)
Lenna USB, Krile SSB, Dorgaan SSB (for the wind+ sword)

FFVI (9/44)
Terra USB/OSB/LMR, Strago BSB, Setzer BSB, Celes BSB2/LMR, Relm USB/BSB

FFVII (9/49)
Cloud USB/BSB2, Tifa USB, Red USB, Zack CSB, Cid SSB2, Vincent USB/LMR, Shelke BSB

FFVIII (6/44)
Rinoa CSB, Squall BSB2, Edea BSB, Fujin BSB; OSB/LMR (for Golem)

FFIX (4/39)
Vivi OSB/LMR, Eiko USB, Kuja OSB

FFX (5/43)
Tidus CSB/OSB, Yuna USB/BSB2, Rikku USB

FFXI (3/11)
Shantotto CSB, Curilla BSB, Lion BSB

FFXII (5/38)
Fran USB, Vaan USB/BSB, Larsa BSB, Reks BSB

FFXIII (3/39)
Vanille BSB, Lightning USB, Raines BSB

FFXIV (4/26)
Y'shtola BSB, Papalymo BSB, Alphinaud BSB/SSB

FFXV (4/11)
Noctis SSB/LMR, Iris BSB/LMR

Tactics (5/25)
Ramza USB/SSB2/SSB1, Orlandeau OSB, Rapha BSB

Type-0 (2/11)
Ace USB, Deuce BSB

Thank you for the writeup!

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I'd add Deuce USB, LMR, and Gladio SSB to that list too. Gladio SSB is great if you have someone else in the party giving haste.

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
Are LMRs actually included in these renewal draws? The logos say they are, but Cecil's should be in the FFIV banner, as it was in the same original banner as Rosa USB and Kain OSB, and I do't see it in the list. My heart won't be broken or anything if they aren't, but I was planning a pull on XIII for LMRs for Raines and Vanille, both of whom I have legend dived and are only missing those relics, and if those aren't on the table it might change my plans for pulls. I guess we'll see tomorrow if Celes's LMR shows up.

Edited for a basic understanding of how roman numerals work.

Stopgap fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Oct 17, 2017

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Well, I've run away with another impulse draw. I was inspired to draw because of some of my friends that got good results and I did!

I got Prompto's USB and his LMR on FF15. I'd say that solve my dilema of getting Kain's bsb or not -- I'm getting Fujin's.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I just wouldn't pull on the renewal banners at all. They're 50 mythril lucky draws, usually 50% SSB's or more.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

For the sake of synergy and diversifying my options, I tried pulling twice on the XV banner. Out of 3/22, everything was for Aranea, so now I have everything for her but the OSB. It's not nearly what I was expecting, but it did enable me to just wreck the Bandersnatch despite only having relics for Aranea and Gladiolus, so I'll take it.

Alxprit posted:

Took care of some of the Ultimates I missed. Primal Exdeath really wants a mage team though, and the shifting weaknesses makes it seem awkward, so I think I'll have to make and save a general-purpose mage team for once. I'm sure I have a few good options in there though...

Also I'm scared of the Apocalypse + version of the Asura/Leviathan battle even though it's technically outdated. Whatever... I'll think about it.
I recall taking them down by spamming the AoEs of Pecil/Agrias BSBs and the former's commands. Bringing along Exdeath for Grand Cross (Celes also works) and Slow on Asura really helps as well to just shut her down before you get the chance to kill her.

Come to think, when did the events switch to the current format of having 5x normal/5x elite dungeons before the bonus dungeons (+, ++, and so on)? I'm trying to rush through the stuff I missed as best I can but some of the earlier events are just bafflingly bloated with filler at the beginning that wastes time. I joined up when the Lord of the Crags had come out (apparently during a fest that involved some sort of Battle on the Big Bridge setup, though I never tried that event) but even that had stuck with the current format. I also remember the grousing about Sephiroth and about the Turks at the time, so I'm guessing that after power creep a lot of people will be able to faceroll them in righteous indignation.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Stopgap posted:

Are LMRs actually included in these renewal draws? The logos say they are, but Cecil's should be in the FFIV banner, as it was in the same original banner as Rosa USB and Kain OSB, and I do't see it in the list. My heart won't be broken or anything if they aren't, but I was planning a pull on XIII for LMRs for Raines and Vanille, both of whom I have legend dived and are only missing those relics, and if those aren't on the table it might change my plans for pulls. I guess we'll see tomorrow if Celes's LMR shows up.

Edited for a basic understanding of how roman numerals work.

Yeah, LMR should be included, it's more bad luck that FF1-3 don't actually have any LMR yet, and 4 and 5 got theirs after the XV event.

You just have some of the dates mixed up. Rosa USB is on there because it debuted in the Summer Fest. Cecil's USB and LMR debuted with the Edge/Rubicante event after the Gladio/Iris event.

ceaselessfuture posted:

I'd add Deuce USB, LMR, and Gladio SSB to that list too. Gladio SSB is great if you have someone else in the party giving haste.

I didn't include Deuce USB just because it's only healing. The instant Y'shtola BSB entry is nice, but the Raise proc isn't very useful and a lot of other White Mage USBs offer more. Her LMR for buff duration is really just for her BSB until we know for sure if we get the new bard songs, so I didn't want to include it.

Gladio's SSB is pretty nice too if you can fit a Hastega, but I tried to limit myself in putting too many relics. It feels like Last Stand relics are a bit more common recently too? I did try to limit myself to the top picks, but XV and Type-0 just have a higher overall quality then the other banners for their SSBs.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Gladio's SSB is hardly unique though; the FFVIII event in just two weeks has an exact duplicate in Ward's SSB. Minfilia's is also the exact same (and she has Wrath), but the XIV pool is a bit larger.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hastegas are way more common than Last Stand. Half of my RW list is Rikku's one stop shop for all your buffing needs, and I have Onion BSB myself.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Speaking of, my finally-egged OK/Raines team trip report: holy loving poo poo

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

fighting Cagnazzo in the renewal dungeons makes it very clear how overtuned he was. a 160-diff boss should not be putting up this much of a fight against.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Alxprit posted:

This is my favorite fight in the entire game and I recommend everyone gives it a shot. Since it was the second A+ fight it's comically overtuned in a typical DeNa fashion so it should still bite back.

I absolutely love the music choices. The stage select plays the TAY Mysterious Girl theme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDnbR9YPMCk) to give the eerie "What the hell am I going to have to fight here?" vibe and once you enter the battle it's the TAY Mysterious Girl battle (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giw4e6U5A9s) to let you know poo poo is serious.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

This is my favorite fight in the entire game and I recommend everyone gives it a shot. Since it was the second A+ fight it's comically overtuned in a typical DeNa fashion so it should still bite back.

Rikku USB defangs it slightly since one of the big things about that battle was trying to keep Proshellga on everybody.

Only slightly, mind you.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

Rikku USB defangs it slightly since one of the big things about that battle was trying to keep Proshellga on everybody.

Only slightly, mind you.

This was also before Cloud USB, and now a lot of heavy Lightning hitters can plow through Leviathan easily (and Asura isn't that bulky).

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I'm still tempted to throw a pull at the XV renewal banner when it comes up just because I really want to land Noct's SSB at some point and that seems like far and away the best odds of ever getting it.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Prav posted:

years, i think

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah I want to say it happened around the time Mote Ifrit came out last year, so over a year ago. Or maybe a little bit after that. All muddled together now

gently caress, that would have been useful to have all this time. I never noticed you could scroll down for more options.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
As a new player (100 Stamina), which of the renewal dungeon Accessory/Ability rewards are worth doing since I dont think I can come close to doing them all?

Do I even have a shot at the 120-140 difficulty dungeons with a party full of 55-60s with good relics and the right RW?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Books On Tape posted:

As a new player (100 Stamina), which of the renewal dungeon Accessory/Ability rewards are worth doing since I dont think I can come close to doing them all?

Do I even have a shot at the 120-140 difficulty dungeons with a party full of 55-60s with good relics and the right RW?

I don't have a deep analysis of the ability/rewards, but I can say if you have any decent relics at your disposal (feel free to share) you can probably RW your way into most of the content up to 160 or even 180. I cleared the XV CM last night with a terrible team (my only synergy was Iris' SSB belt that I only used for its team haste), but only one character was level 76 and the rest were either 50 or 65, depending on how useful I felt they'd be.

A lot of these old fights have easier to exploit mechanics, like you can actually have one guy draw fire to tank for your team, and basic DPS zerg strategies can work if you're smart on using boosts/faiths.

Also, as you get more XP eggs, don't be afraid of wasting them. Egg your best characters up ASAP as it makes a big difference.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

iamsosmrt posted:

I don't have a deep analysis of the ability/rewards, but I can say if you have any decent relics at your disposal (feel free to share) you can probably RW your way into most of the content up to 160 or even 180. I cleared the XV CM last night with a terrible team (my only synergy was Iris' SSB belt that I only used for its team haste), but only one character was level 76 and the rest were either 50 or 65, depending on how useful I felt they'd be.

A lot of these old fights have easier to exploit mechanics, like you can actually have one guy draw fire to tank for your team, and basic DPS zerg strategies can work if you're smart on using boosts/faiths.

Also, as you get more XP eggs, don't be afraid of wasting them. Egg your best characters up ASAP as it makes a big difference.

Thanks. I do have Auron's USB so the draw fire mechanic is totally doable for me. I also have Terra's USB, a bunch of Tyro's good stuff except SG, Refia BSB, and Vanille USB/BSB. That's pretty much my main team.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

iamsosmrt posted:

Share your strategy for the XV CM, I'm too lazy to think about it with all this other stuff going on (and other excuses) but don't want the CM streak to break. Though I don't have a native hastega I do have Iris BSB as the sole relic for the realm so I should have the healing covered otherwise.

I'm assuming tauntaliate works here?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Share your strategy for the XV CM, I'm too lazy to think about it with all this other stuff going on (and other excuses) but don't want the CM streak to break. Though I don't have a native hastega I do have Iris BSB as the sole relic for the realm so I should have the healing covered otherwise.

I have the exact same setup relics.
Noct on Chaincharge
Gladio on tauntaliat (use the new Samurai 5* for some damage with your retaliate)
Prompto on PowerBD/FullBreak
Aranea on Lightning Dive
Iris doing healer things
RW Shout

You could find room in Prompto's setup for Affliction Break if you wanna take the teeth off of stuns.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

My first magicite clear :shittydog: With the stupidest party in the world. Who knew that Cait Sith’s BSB would end up being the final piece I needed to clear but welp.

My strat was basically buff the gently caress out of Bartz, throw down his EnEarth BSB, and spam his OSB, so I’m thinking of choosing his water BSB as my second relic so I can use the exact same setup for Liquid Flame.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I was initially going to use Aranaea to be my DPS, but then I noticed Noctis also has Dragoon 5. Depending on how liberal you are with your hones, you could probably make this work with 2 DPS options but I was being cheap.

Anyway my setup:
Iris SSB, Protectga, Curaja
Gladio Draw Fire (I haven't bothered honing the 5*s for this) and Memento of protection
Aranea Armor Break and Lightning Jump (yes the 3* one)
Prompto Full Break and Boost (really just for Noctis)
Noctis R2 Omega Drive and R2 Lightning Drive (he has Lightning USB sword and Raijin SSB armor equipped for double lightning boost)
RW Cloud USB
Magicite Main: Enkidu

If need be, you could probably sub Omega Drive for Quicken to give Noctis Haste, but you'd likely need more hones for Lightning Drive. Gladio is indeed the other key here, as taunt works extremely well.

I played around with the mix of abilities a few times to get something that worked. I can say in my experience with mainly Noctis as the DPS, it takes 2 Cloud USBs, 4 Lightning Drives and 1 Omega Drives worth of damage to finish this. If you're remotely willing to hone anything beyond what I used, you could do this much easier than I did.

This strategy even helped me champion this, despite 3 people dying at the end.

Edit: Congrats Adel!

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 17, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
3 lightning majors... meh

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I rarely do CMs for the rewards, Torments notwithstanding. They're a fun challenge and I think the game's pretty well designed to make them do-able for each event.

ExJenn
Jun 21, 2013
I need some advice. I'm not super powerful in the game so I was wondering what people focus on when leveling up. Do you do one character at a time? One series at a time? I've been leveling characters with 5* relics and the only BSB I have is Kefka's Dancing Mad. Which relic banner are people going for?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

ExJenn posted:

I need some advice. I'm not super powerful in the game so I was wondering what people focus on when leveling up. Do you do one character at a time? One series at a time? I've been leveling characters with 5* relics and the only BSB I have is Kefka's Dancing Mad. Which relic banner are people going for?

Early on level whoever you have good relics for. Eventually there are other reasons to level characters, but in the beginning that's the only one that matters.

Experience is split between all living characters, even if they are level capped and can't use their share. The best method of gaining exp is to run the tuesday/sunday experience dungeons.

Currently, though, you should focus on getting as much mythril from the huge surge of renewal events as you can. A draw on the current XV banner has a shot as some very good relics that would go a long way towards building you a team.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I don't think there's another realm I've spent as much mythril in for as little return in as VI. 1/11, Valiant Knife. Total garbage. At least I've got all these 180-difficulty orbs to cheer me up.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Six brand new banners on VI, whee.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

There isn't a single battle I haven't done in the FF6 dungeons besides the Chadarnook Apoc+, which I struggled enough with on the Jump Start difficulty already so I'm not willing to go through that hell again.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Finally, Tiara dropped and Terra mastered it. Then I looked at how much magic is on the helm at 20 and the worst temptations call to get more and combine them. Nope, not this time. I need these banners to go away before I change my mind, though.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Am I the only one playing the game of "constantly click through every one of the Rebirth Dungeon menus every day because I'm continually afraid I forgot about one"?

Also I actually got a 5* relic from a dollar draw for FFIV the other day! ... it was a Bomb Core.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Uncle Ulty posted:

Am I the only one playing the game of "constantly click through every one of the Rebirth Dungeon menus every day because I'm continually afraid I forgot about one"?

Same. So far, I've just had 1-2 events for the latest realms where I missed the last stage(s). Gotten two with mithril so far, though, so that's cool. One must have been way back when I started, and the other one had a "Complete" where mastery was needed for the mithril. Wondering if I just somehow overlooked that one since the boss wasn't even a hard one and I mastered stuff after it in the same event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Pulled on CT banner:

2/11 (my luck is horrible this month...)

Noel BSB (interesting, he's a breakdown guy, I only have prompto as my first breakdown bsb guy, I don't hear people being excited about him but OK)
FuSoYa SSB (MY THIRD DUPE NOW)

IDK why the game is so hellbent on giving me that guy's relics.

Picked Larsa BSB (seems like a sidegrade though to Iris BSB) and Fujin BSB (magic wind is interesting, I have a ton of wind options now, and she can join alphinaud's BSB. Also breakdown! I hear this is good for Magicites?)

• Locked thread