Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mustached Demon posted:

In that case: take a poo poo in the sack, seal it up real good with something pyrophoric, and send it to the elf.

Actually that'd be funny as gently caress. Opens a package and boom flaming bag of poo poo.

You're describing a letter bomb. Please do not do that.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Timeless Appeal posted:

Trump's whole Presidency is a more petty version of the gently caress You, Clown joke.
This analogy works way too well.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Mustached Demon posted:

In that case: take a poo poo in the sack, seal it up real good with something pyrophoric, and send it to the elf.

Actually that'd be funny as gently caress. Opens a package and boom flaming bag of poo poo.

I never miss an opportunity to post this when people bring this up

https://www.poopsenders.com/

You're welcome.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Mustached Demon posted:

I like you, mustachioed penguin. I like you alot.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fulchrum posted:

Best case scenario here's burning down your house because that's about as far as loving around with pyrophoric chemicals as you'll get.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

logosanatic posted:

that woman poured her heart into being a public servant

Kinda more looks like she poured $ into her bank account.

Face it, we voted for trump because he was outside of both parties. No one wanted an insider that year and the Dems were too loving stupid to see it.

Why the gently caress do you think Bernie got tons of cash?

It was because he wasn't really part of the democratic machine.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Fulchrum posted:

I think he was just being funny. This is a dead gay comedy forum.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

spunkshui posted:

Kinda more looks like she poured $ into her bank account.

Face it, we voted for trump because he was outside of both parties. No one wanted an insider that year and the Dems were too loving stupid to see it.

Why the gently caress do you think Bernie got tons of cash?

Its cause he wasn't really part of the democratic machine.

Americans are morons, I agree!

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Quorum posted:

Americans are morons, I agree!

They are morons, but they are predicable morons.

Outsider vs "another loving Clinton."

That was really really stupid.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Caros posted:

She lost to Donald Trump.

A newly freed Canadian prisoner of the Taliban thought his captors were loving with him, because there is no way in poo poo that Donald Trump would be president. Win the republican primary, yeah, fine. He's willing to be the guy to go out and unabashedly call mexicans rapists, he is going to do fine in the republican primary. But there really is no excuse for Hillary, or any democrat to have lost to Trump in the general.

Glad to see you agree that the fix was in. :smug:

More seriously, I'm amazed that people can debate who was the worst candidate without mentioning the statistically worst of all: Walter Mondale.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Can y'all move it to uspol so we can get back to talking about sacks of poo poo?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Take Hilary chat back to USPol please. This thread is for the other half of that election. And for killing hope, possibly your liver, and almost assuredly your sanity.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Hillary would've won!

Am I doing this right?:ohdear:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Hillarychat belongs in Thunderdome.

Let's talk about something Trump-related, even though everything is Trump-related now. Let's talk about Virginia state elections.

Trump touches all sorts of things here. It's the only statewide election since the world ended. It's got a governor's race where the incumbent Lieutenant Governor and human Muppet Ralph Northam is holding steady, if not commandingly so, against challenger and near-senator Ed Gillespie. It's not super hard to get the base motivated to beat the bastards down, since the GOP is reluctant to throw money at a state where they've lost seven statewide elections in a row. But it's gonna be a nail-biter, especially since Gillespie took secondary thread punching bag Mark Warner to the limit. I'm expecting this to be the eighth in a row. But turnout's gonna be everything, which is why I post in these threads most of the time.

Meanwhile, oh, the state intrigue. You have Elizabeth Guzman, Peruvian immigrant and card-carrying AFSCME member, against a guy who pretty much just runs on "GUNS GOOD BECAUSE HUNTING." And it works for him usually. We have the race with the state's first openly trans candidate against a piece of poo poo who insists on calling her "he" and introduces the sort of legislation the Virginia GOP makes national headlines for. You know the kind. And the last few days I've been stumping for a pro-labor Dem against an Indian immigrant who apparently just plants lawn signs in the yards of anyone he's ever met, whether they asked him to or not. Plus he advertises on the local Bollywood station. Also, Fairfax/Loudon has a Bollywood station on FM and it's surprisingly amazing to drive around with.

Anyway. It's GOTV time bitches. If you're in the DMV area, and you want to walk or do phones, you should contact me. Because existential despair and alcoholism is for fuckups, man. Donald Trump didn't get to take my sobriety and he sure as poo poo doesn't get to take my state. PM me if you ever wanna make phone calls, either here at my labor fed or with other crazy methods involving the internet and science and that. You want this. You wanna gently caress up the GOP. And I want you to help me gently caress up the GOP.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
You arseholes are talking about Hillary more than Fox News. Take it to the other threads. Let's rather acknowledge that Trump lost by 3 million votes and he is a shithead who would see America burn out of vindictiveness, which sounds right for the people who voted for him.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Caros posted:

She lost to Donald Trump.

A newly freed Canadian prisoner of the Taliban thought his captors were loving with him, because there is no way in poo poo that Donald Trump would be president. Win the republican primary, yeah, fine. He's willing to be the guy to go out and unabashedly call mexicans rapists, he is going to do fine in the republican primary. But there really is no excuse for Hillary, or any democrat to have lost to Trump in the general.

My favorite part is in the future, where you say she lost because she focused on her opponent's negatives instead of positives, but ALSO she should have won because he was the worst candidate ever, not seeing the tension between these two positions

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

the local Bollywood station. Also, Fairfax/Loudon has a Bollywood station on FM and it's surprisingly amazing to drive around with.

That's neat and I'm sure catchy as heck and I hope you send Gillespie packing.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Madkal posted:

You arseholes are talking about Hillary more than Fox News. Take it to the other threads. Let's rather acknowledge that Trump lost by 3 million votes and he is a shithead who would see America burn out of vindictiveness, which sounds right for the people who voted for him.

I think part of the problem is there's nothing to debate or discuss re: trump other than alcohol preferences and which family members we're going to eat first in the coming apocalypse. Horrible person, horrible president, etc. There are only so many times where Trump can shock before it becomes old hat and expected regardless. "Oh my, today Trump took a poo poo on the lap of the Lincoln Memorial! Well, that's to be expected."

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I think part of the problem is there's nothing to debate or discuss re: trump other than alcohol preferences and which family members we're going to eat first in the coming apocalypse. Horrible person, horrible president, etc. There are only so many times where Trump can shock before it becomes old hat and expected regardless. "Oh my, today Trump took a poo poo on the lap of the Lincoln Memorial! Well, that's to be expected."

That's at least fresh unlike an event from last loving year.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

BarbarianElephant posted:

This reads like all those people who are angry at Harvey Weinstein's victims for not speaking up sooner, and not angry at Harvey Weinstein or his cronies.
I'm not going to argue Hillary's merits, since that's better done in another thread and I shouldn't have posted about it here to begin with. But you just unironically compared Hillary to a rape victim, and compared me to a rape victim-blamer. Because I'm angry that Hillary failed at a vitally important job, which she fought extremely hard to get, with severe consequences both for the world at large and for my own mental health. We can disagree about how hard her job was, but that was over the line. Bonus points for insinuating I'm not angry at Trump, even though essentially all of the vitriol in that post was directed towards him.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Munkeymon posted:

That's neat and I'm sure catchy as heck and I hope you send Gillespie packing.

The music and the four ads they have on loop are equally glorious. My lone complaint is the Shoutcast circa 2007 sound quality. No thumps, just orchestral swoons for days.

Apparently there's negotiations for Corey Stewart, ex-state campaign lead for Trump in VA (you may remember him getting sacked for protesting GOP headquarters when the tailspin was happening), and also barely losing out to Gillespie in the primary, actual Nazi and blight upon Prince William County, to endorse Gillespie in the final days. Which, I mean, they know they need the Nazis to win Virginia. They're acknowledging it. And god help us, it might work.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

mcmagic posted:

She lost much more because of who she was over the last 30 years than anything she did during the campaign.
holy poo poo i agree with mcmagic on a topic related to the 2016 campaign

what is happening

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

The text of the article really undersells how insane his words are in the video provided:

Vainglorious Leader posted:

...As you know it was in very poor shape before the hurricanes ever hit. Their electrical grid was destroyed before the hurricanes got there, it was in very bad shape, it was not working, it was in bankruptcy, owed nine billion dollars, and then on top of that the hurricane came.

I mean, from the tweets I knew he was trying to imply that Puerto Rico was somehow already without power and these moochers were trying to use the hurricane as an excuse for free infrastructure upgrades, but... drat. I didn't think he'd actually said it directly. gently caress this guy.

Kale
May 14, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

Trump's 4chan/The_Donald "base" is only part of his overall base, and I'm pretty sure it's not even an important part of it

most Trump voters are over 50 years old, and they don't think of "trolling" as a thing

I'm pretty sure this accurate

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Deadspin: "100,000 Californians Have Been Evacuated From Wildfire Zones"

https://deadspin.com/100-000-californians-have-been-evacuated-from-wildfire-1819603068

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Has America's entire political system held together this long on nothing but good will and an adherence to the standards previously set? Because Trump sure makes it seem that way.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Your Boy Fancy posted:

The music and the four ads they have on loop are equally glorious. My lone complaint is the Shoutcast circa 2007 sound quality. No thumps, just orchestral swoons for days.

Apparently there's negotiations for Corey Stewart, ex-state campaign lead for Trump in VA (you may remember him getting sacked for protesting GOP headquarters when the tailspin was happening), and also barely losing out to Gillespie in the primary, actual Nazi and blight upon Prince William County, to endorse Gillespie in the final days. Which, I mean, they know they need the Nazis to win Virginia. They're acknowledging it. And god help us, it might work.

Everything about Virginia sounds eerily familiar and I really hate all these statements about the state going blue like it’s a given.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

Phobic Nest posted:

The text of the article really undersells how insane his words are in the video provided:

I mean, from the tweets I knew he was trying to imply that Puerto Rico was somehow already without power and these moochers were trying to use the hurricane as an excuse for free infrastructure upgrades, but... drat. I didn't think he'd actually said it directly. gently caress this guy.

Maybe he was thinking about the damage from Irma?

He might be conflating Caribbean islands. There are a lot of small islands in that big water.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Lord Hydronium posted:

It continues to amaze me how lovely a human being he is. I don't just mean ethically - there's obviously a lot of politicians and other public figures who are assholes - but he's bad at being a human. Dumb social niceties that cost nothing and even an idiot like Dubya could manage are just beyond his grasp. Pretending to show compassion for five seconds is above any of his acting abilities. poo poo like "nuclear wars are bad" is beyond his comprehension, and even an Alzheimer's-ridden Reagan could figure that one out. I'm not sure he's capable of abstract thought. Even his basic concept of knowledge is completely hosed; he treats knowledge as if it's something he alone can create or possess, and if he doesn't know something it's just unknown throughout all human understanding.

Comparing him to a child is insulting to children, because children can learn. Trump is this way forever. He's just a failure at every level of human social and intellectual development, and it's only because he was born white and rich that he isn't spending his life passing out poorly spelled pamphlets on a street corner while screaming about the Jews and smelling of urine. Or died as a child asphyxiating on a plastic bag. Or died as an adult doing that.

I reposted this to Facebook because it's seriously one of best descriptions of what's wrong with Trump that I've ever seen.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
In a week he'll say there's no evidence there even was a hurricane, it was a hoax invented by that mayor he hates.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Did you folks talk about McCain's speech yet?

“To fear the world where we have organized and led for three-quarters of a century, to abandon the ideals we’ve advanced around the globe, to refuse the obligations of international leadership and our duty to remain ‘the last best hope of Earth’ for the sake of-some half baked, spurious nationalism cooked up by people who had rather find scapegoats than solve problems is as unpatriotic as an attachment to any other tired dogma of the past that Americans have consigned to the trash heap of history.

“We live in a land made of ideals, not blood and soil. We are the custodians of those ideas at home, and their champion abroad. We have done great good in the world. That leadership has had its costs, but we have become incomparably wealthy and powerful as we did. We have a moral obligation to continue in our just cause, and we would bring more than shame on ourselves if we don’t. We will not thrive in a world where our leadership as ideals are absent. We wouldn’t deserve to.”

http://reverepress.com/news/mccain-just-absolutely-scorched-trump-half-baked-nationalism/

I'm glad some of the Republicans are finally growing some balls.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Chamberk posted:

Maybe he was thinking about the damage from Irma?

He might be conflating Caribbean islands. There are a lot of small islands in that big water.

Irma did cause a lot of blackouts in PR but they were pretty much back to normal before Maria. If only it were being restored that quickly now...

I wish I could still give Trump some benefit of the doubt but anymore it's pretty clear that when he says something stupid it is indeed as dumb as it seems.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Furnaceface posted:

Has America's entire political system held together this long on nothing but good will and an adherence to the standards previously set? Because Trump sure makes it seem that way.

Yes, of course.

The entire system, like any system, is built on the risk of consequences and incentive's good behavior. If that fails, then there is nothing left.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Countdown till Trump attacks McCain about speech he gave tonight...

https://twitter.com/danmericaCNN/status/920085145390022657

Caros
May 14, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

My favorite part is in the future, where you say she lost because she focused on her opponent's negatives instead of positives, but ALSO she should have won because he was the worst candidate ever, not seeing the tension between these two positions

A bold strawman cotton, lets see how that works out for you.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Chamberk posted:

In the future, after the bombs have hit, people will learn English from Trump's speeches and all the post apocalyptic dialects from movies will be real.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Great, now he's just trying to copy president Ralph Wiggum.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Countdown till Trump attacks McCain about speech he gave tonight...

https://twitter.com/danmericaCNN/status/920085145390022657

Jesus McCain's pissed and it's awesome.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Furnaceface posted:

America's system has survived as long as it has due to many complicated factors and I assure you good will is not one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

sexy tiger boobs posted:

I'm glad some of the Republicans are finally growing some balls.

Such courage from men who are untethered from the whims of the electorate they built by spending their careers dog-whistling Dixie.

https://youtu.be/r0lwusMxiHc

• Locked thread