Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

ComfyPants posted:

Except the box office chart will at one point reach zero.

By my prediction that will be, tomorrow lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ah yes, the "health bars" of a hyperrealistic newtonian-physics-based life replacement game. How novel of you.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Toops posted:

loving cat bird drugs is who wrote these patch notes:

holy poo poo

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
MOONS piled high

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Toops posted:

The collisions in SC appear to be getting either worse, or at least different flavors of equally bad.

I wonder how iRacing does their netcode? For the most part, iRacing collisions are (imo) very impressive, but it feels like collisions are handled client-side and there's very finely tuned server reconciliation to keep all sims close enough in sync to be acceptable.

I'll see if I can dredge anything up on the world wide web.

Thanks for this.
I should have expanded on this. Most racing games handle the initial contact well in Sp and dependant on the lag in MP also. It's what happens after that that varies from studio. Codemasters racing games have always had a fairly realistic interpretation of after collision physics.
But project cars, sheesh, you can slam into another car at mach 1 and rebound 1 metre or your car will fly 20m into the air, which is a shame because I feel they've done a great job with the rest of their engine. A lot like the after collision physics of Star Citizen.

So the curious part of me enjoys discussions by yourself and others in this thread with regards to the programming side of physics simulation and its relationship to net code etc.

Rugganovich fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 17, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress, that reminds me of all those preserved animal fetus jars I used to have that I found in the University dumpster while diving for free stuff one day.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Are you my moonmy?

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Beet Wagon posted:

whatever the opposite is of a dreamteam.

A CIG development studio.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Solarin posted:

holy poo poo

I'm still dying.

- Reblobulated asset interface flarning template to offset vertex interlock
- MOONS

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Catching up with thread and late to VR chat. I'm thinking of buying elite but don't have a hotas and no interest in getting one ahead of time.

Anyone done E:D in VR with the Xbox controller? If so, is it decent?

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Toops posted:

I'm still dying.

- Reblobulated asset interface flarning template to offset vertex interlock
- MOONS

-Moons

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Exinos posted:

A CIG development studio.

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Moons are loving IN now where's the parkour Chris??

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
CIG done plum give out

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

let the BACKERS!!! get refunds when they want!!!

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

tar Citize

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Exinos posted:

Catching up with thread and late to VR chat. I'm thinking of buying elite but don't have a hotas and no interest in getting one ahead of time.

Anyone done E:D in VR with the Xbox controller? If so, is it decent?

Yes. Very much so.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

:laugh: Is this the first time we've seen Cloud Imperium Rights actually perform some function?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

I didn't wanna wall-of-text your entire post, just wanted to say that a burrito-sized flour tortilla like they serve at Chipotle is like 400 calories, so maybe don't do that if you're trying to drop weight.

Good luck!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mangoose posted:

What will release first, Witcher 4 or Star Citizen? Place your bets now!

Larian will probably manage to release yet another game with a title confusingly similar to Divinity 2 before Star Citizen comes out. Divinity: Another Divinity II, anyone?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Please watch
Moon(2009)

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AlbieQuirky posted:

I was going to take one for the team and go see American Satan, but it is not playing anywhere in Boston, Cambridge, or nearby suburbs, and I'm not driving all the way to Methuen (on the New Hampshire border) to see a lovely movie.

Have you tried Stimsis? I'm sure it's required viewing in the 4th Stimpire

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

They finally reached the :siren:MOON :siren: phase, game should come out in (two weeks) (weeks, not months) (Dec 19th) (this decade) next decade.

Also i read 2 pages ago that Star Citzen may not be good? I can hardly believe it, my dear goon friends.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

For example, in my game, the reason that I can EVA from a ship, then land on it and walk even as it hurtles through space, is because once the player touches that body, I treat it as having magnetic boots. And then I use a "step time" to determine updates which determine whether or not I am still attached to it. The only way you can stop walking/running on top of the ship or station, is via a player controlled movement: the jump key.

What happens if a player is walking on a ship and the ship flies close enough to a 2nd ship to make the player collide with said 2nd ship?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Moon Moon no!

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Palpek posted:

Moon Moon no!

With that kind of attitude we will never get Moons.

Moon Moon yes!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Yes but half moon or full moon?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

Do any of you know how the multiplayer works? Do we all need to start together? If one person isn't there will it still work? I have no idea.

You have to make the characters in a specific multiplayer game and you can't just drop them in and out once it's up and running.
If you make it with 4 people, though, I'm pretty sure you can continue with less and just have the excess character(s) controlled by one of the remaining goons in addition to their own character.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

his nibs posted:

Yes but half moon or full moon?

Full moon
We had it on October 5
Full moon
3.0 has up and died
and you'll see
the worst failure in this 'verse is CIG

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I just wanted to point out, as a developer who works with colleagues in the US that this is not how time works or development cycles. Austin is only -5 hours from the UK, there's plenty of overlap in your day to have meetings and discuss things. The US are still in the office when the UK is going home. All this means that the teams have to be working in different branches effectively and cannot rely on the work of the other team as it's not like one team finishes then the other starts.

I'm beginning to think these guys do not understand development.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Incitatus posted:

who is this singular woman in gaming?

Roberta Williams, probably :eng101:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Aramoro posted:

I just wanted to point out, as a developer who works with colleagues in the US that this is not how time works or development cycles. Austin is only -5 hours from the UK, there's plenty of overlap in your day to have meetings and discuss things. The US are still in the office when the UK is going home. All this means that the teams have to be working in different branches effectively and cannot rely on the work of the other team as it's not like one team finishes then the other starts.

I'm beginning to think these guys do not understand development.

I think you'll actually find that this is good for Star Citizen, furthermore

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Look, I have no clever joke this time, so I'm going to ask completely seriously. Is the game finally out?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Look, I have no clever joke this time, so I'm going to ask completely seriously. Is the game finally out?

lol

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Paladinus posted:

Well it has ran:

out of talent
out of ideas
out of competent devs
out of gameplay
out of money???

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

loud
mperiu
ames

ROLL TIDE

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Berious posted:

CIG done plum give out

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Paladinus posted:

Moons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

tuo posted:

Well it has ran:

out of talent
out of ideas
out of competent devs