Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
He's an idiot and bad at writing.

Also it was a knock off Han Solo that hosed the space otter and the book described the rash he developed afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Can someone confirm that horse pilot was a real thing in the books? Because that sounds so incredibly ridiculous.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Non Serviam posted:

Can someone confirm that horse pilot was a real thing in the books? Because that sounds so incredibly ridiculous.

Hohass was a hero of the Rebellion, don't be so insensitive

(Here's the link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hohass_Ekwesh )

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hohass_Ekwesh

"hohass" get it?

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

The thing to remember about the Star Wars EU is, no matter how incredibly stupid something sounds it's always true.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Samizdata posted:

What in the blistering green gently caress are Sheith or Desitel? (The only shipping in my headcanon involves me and a small pool of actresses. And those are real life actresses that are flesh and people. And no, I don't own ANY body pillows of anything.)

I don't know about sheith but "desitel" is actually "destiel", i.e. dean+castiel in supernatural. It's weird but you do have to give them credit for not being one of those "wincest" people.

Anyway that terribly written one is one of those things where whether it's true or not you have to wonder if the author realizes how annoying+insufferable they sound.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't know about sheith but "desitel" is actually "destiel", i.e. dean+castiel in supernatural. It's weird but you do have to give them credit for not being one of those "wincest" people.

Anyway that terribly written one is one of those things where whether it's true or not you have to wonder if the author realizes how annoying+insufferable they sound.

I really don't do shipping and Tumblr.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love that some of these stories are STDH and the rest are poo poo that probably happened but probably shouldn't have and you shouldn't be loving bragging about it if it did cuz holy gently caress you're just making yourself look like an insufferable tool lmao

Also I can't tell which thread infuriates me more, this one or the political cartoon thread in d&d

Also I really hate whatever it is you dorks have been talking about for the last page or so.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
God, those school memories make me so angry every time. Even the ones that sound vaguely true, like bypassing school internet filters, the guy just had to go full cunto on by saying 'hurr I blasted death metal all the time' as if it wouldn't get you a smack in the mouth in ten minutes flat. I hope that's a wind-up that's worked on me. Seething.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
"Uh, yeah... naturally, once the truancy officer budget had been cut, I figured out where the 'weak points' in the school perimeter were."

So, do American schools have anti-escape fences and checkpoints or something, or does this guy think that 'walking out a gate' is a weak point? Because last time I was in school, the way to leave early was to just walk out and everyone would assume you had a reason for it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Elfface posted:

"Uh, yeah... naturally, once the truancy officer budget had been cut, I figured out where the 'weak points' in the school perimeter were."

So, do American schools have anti-escape fences and checkpoints or something, or does this guy think that 'walking out a gate' is a weak point? Because last time I was in school, the way to leave early was to just walk out and everyone would assume you had a reason for it.

There's a perimeter fence and a man wielding a pistol usually

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Zelder posted:

There's a perimeter fence and a man wielding a pistol usually

I would like to believe this is a joke but given that America was edging up to two school shootings per school week last I checked (it's been over one per calendar week for years) I fear you may be serious.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Seventh Arrow posted:

Oh no, he pinged their IP addresses? Look out, here comes Mr l33t Hacker Man!

also

How do you derail your own make-believe story so easily? :psyduck:

It's probably no dress shirt, t-shirt instead

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

Elfface posted:

He's really smart and has figured out things about the layout of the school that the normies wouldn't notice. The worst part of that STDH nugget is that they 'began selling this information to people' as if even if the first part happened, people wouldn't just tell each other that there's a place you can slip out if you want to skive.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Elfface posted:

Yes. Yes we do.

Both my middle and high schools had perimeter fences that were shut and padlocked during school hours. Not only that, we had multiple security officers patrolling the perimeter and parking lot, while we had 2-3 school resource officers (cops. they were loving cops. in uniform. with guns.) inside the school.

American schools are a loving joke.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Barry Bluejeans posted:

No? When your six-year-old's teacher signs her name as Mrs. So-and-so on something she sends home with your kid, it's not because she's too stupid to recall her full name. It's because that's what the six-year-old knows her as and kids of that age are typically young enough to not realize that teachers are actual people with full names and lives outside of school.

You don't sign it for the kid though? The kid knows you wrote it even without a signature for you gave it to the kid you see.

Anyway all my teachers were called "teacher" except for that one Latin teacher but he shot himself so. They still signed their names like adults.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

boring guy who posts too much

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
The original Reylo lady deactivated, but someone snagged a few gems for us.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
The worst part of that kids obnoxious bullshit is they come so close to self awareness at the end but then they say the most unique award was given and it was the last time it was flattering.

No, it wasn't. That's always a bullshit award for the kids who didn't get anything else so the teachers have to make something else up to protect that kids feelings.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

jodai posted:

The worst part of that kids obnoxious bullshit is they come so close to self awareness at the end but then they say the most unique award was given and it was the last time it was flattering.

No, it wasn't. That's always a bullshit award for the kids who didn't get anything else so the teachers have to make something else up to protect that kids feelings.

Yeah, being called unique is almost always a "they are annoying as hell but I want to say it in a nice way" situation.

Or he could have meant to type "least flattering" which would be more accurate despite the clunky grammar, but his writing is poo poo for the rest of it so :shrug:

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

GreenMetalSun posted:

This is just sad. How crappy is your life that you need to daydream about this stuff?

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

jodai posted:

I got "most likely to be prime minister", "most likely to end up in a same-sex relationship" and "most secretly fancied".

The joke was that if anyone did fancy me they would certainly be too ashamed to admit it. :shobon:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Kylo Ten isn't even that attractive, is he? I know I couldn't stop laughing when he took off that stupid Darth Junior helmet.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Kylo Ten isn't even that attractive, is he? I know I couldn't stop laughing when he took off that stupid Darth Junior helmet.

Attractiveness doesn't really matter to these people - see the insane obsession with that cumberbatch guy. They can't separate "liking a show" from "wanting to gently caress the characters".

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The_White_Crane posted:

I got "most likely to be prime minister", "most likely to end up in a same-sex relationship" and "most secretly fancied".

The joke was that if anyone did fancy me they would certainly be too ashamed to admit it. :shobon:

How right were they?

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

dovetaile posted:

How right were they?

I'm not prime minister yet, I've had both same and opposite sex partners, and as for the third one :shrug:

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Attractiveness doesn't really matter to these people - see the insane obsession with that cumberbatch guy. They can't separate "liking a show" from "wanting to gently caress the characters".

The broodier they look, the more they want them

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
I want to laugh at that crazy tumblr woman, but knowing she's 39 loving years old is just depressing. This would be pathetic at 14, at 39 you're officially irreparably broken.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Tried looking and really disappointed that there's no "the virgin Kylo Ren/the chad Darth Vader"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Here you go:

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

GreenMetalSun posted:

Deactivating her account was the right thing to do, if these are any indication

tyblazitar posted:

I want to laugh at that crazy tumblr woman, but knowing she's 39 loving years old is just depressing. This would be pathetic at 14, at 39 you're officially irreparably broken.

I'm feeling like the odds are good that she isn't actually 39

life is killing me has a new favorite as of 17:28 on Oct 17, 2017

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Comptroll The Forums posted:

If there's a more punchable face in any star wars movie, I'd like to see it.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Seventh Arrow posted:

If there's a more punchable face in any star wars movie, I'd like to see it.

Mesa Jar Jar Binks!

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I would like to believe this is a joke but given that America was edging up to two school shootings per school week last I checked (it's been over one per calendar week for years)TT I fear you may be serious.

The STDH is coming from inside the thread!

That statistic was a purposefully rigged one to artificially inflate the number to make a political statement. It included basically every incident involving a gun + a school, even if it was only tangentially related to the school like 'a man offed himself in the school parking lot after hours' or 'a robber ran through a school (with a gun) (after hours)'.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/jun/13/everytown-gun-safety/have-there-been-74-school-shootings-sandy-hook-clo/

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

quote:

Incidents related to criminal activity (such as drug dealing or robbery), or personal altercations: 39 instances

THAT IS STILL A HELL OF A LOT OF poo poo GOING ON AT SCHOOLS.

Also

quote:

• Incidents such as Sandy Hook or Columbine in which the shooter intended to commit mass murder: 10 instances

THIS IS STILL A HELL OF A LOT OF SHOOTING GOING ON AT SCHOOLS.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

ishikabibble posted:

The STDH is coming from inside the thread!

That statistic was a purposefully rigged one to artificially inflate the number to make a political statement. It included basically every incident involving a gun + a school, even if it was only tangentially related to the school like 'a man offed himself in the school parking lot after hours' or 'a robber ran through a school (with a gun) (after hours)'.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/jun/13/everytown-gun-safety/have-there-been-74-school-shootings-sandy-hook-clo/

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

ISLA VISTA, CA—In the days following a violent rampage in southern California in which a lone attacker killed seven individuals, including himself, and seriously injured over a dozen others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Tuesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said North Carolina resident Samuel Wipper, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past five years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There's enough tragedy at schools without inventing stuff to make it seem worse.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

oldpainless posted:

There's enough tragedy at schools without inventing stuff to make it seem worse.

More like oldfabricatorless

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

oldpainless posted:

Is there, though? It looks like the absolutely insane amount of tragedy in schools is being completely ignored by almost everybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Elizabethan Error posted:

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

ISLA VISTA, CA—In the days following a violent rampage in southern California in which a lone attacker killed seven individuals, including himself, and seriously injured over a dozen others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Tuesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said North Carolina resident Samuel Wipper, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past five years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

They repost and update that article every time there is a major shooting. The most recent version is about the Las Vegas shooting.