Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

No, that's explicitly mentioned. There's no way to untemper people, it' is why it's so terrifyingly dangerous.

When I was leveling outside of Edda's "companion" the game wasn't particularly dark. Then I did the Ifrit mission and they just casually drop Oh yeah, those people you thought you saved, we executed them because there's no cure for tempering. Good job killing Ifrit though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

IcePhoenix posted:

This line probably didn't "fit" my character but I'll be dammed if I didn't just slam pick it after having the option to.
I didn't think it did at first, but after picking it, I changed how I perceived my character thought about things, especially during SB and the ending of 4.0. Tiny can be kind and considerate, even if it's getting hard to relate to other Scions and becoming a bit of a monster herself.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

M.c.P posted:

Alisae and the maelstrom still have that tempered kobold kid. I imagine that'll come back at some point.

Nah, the whole point of that was that he didn't seem to have been tempered despite being the one to summon Titan in anguish.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

Thundarr posted:

I chose to spare them, so when that little fucker Yuyuhase inevitably steps out line I can end him myself.

Mine was still execute, but of course Raubahn didn't mention anything about personal invitation. Get me to that potato so I can chop off its head myself, Laurentius is just side business :black101:

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
They pretty specifically mention that Shiva's followers eventually came around, although there are some extra circumstances there.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I mean, they're zealots who have been tempered to follow dragons, right? So if the dragons are allied with ishgard, then they're... zealots who are following ishgard again?

(In other words, fundamentally indistinguishable from any other Ishgardian. =P)

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
Shiva spent very little time present in her primal form, and for that reason many of her followers agreed with her ideologically rather than having been tempered. But her circumstance is unique due to the unusual nature of her summoning.

I would have agreed with hanging Yuyuhase and Laurentius, but it didn't seem harsh enough. They need to really suffer for what they've done.

CeallaSo fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 17, 2017

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I thought the Dravinians weren't tempered because of Shiva, but rather because of the essence of the dragon that lies in all of them. It's them consuming dragon blood which drives them bugfuck crazy. Which I guess is controllable since the Dragoon job quests deal with that, and Estinien is coping with it as well

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Just caught up on the MSQ, finally

They need to add single-player instance replaying already

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

"sup?"

the new dungeon set is insanely good, hnnnng

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Jinh posted:

"sup?"

Fuuuuuu

I need to finish Heavensward

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
God drat it. Ever since the emergency maintenance last week, I've constantly been getting 90002 errors. It sucks when I'm the healer in a dungeon, and I just randomly lose connection. It seems to happen a lot when I'm in a dungeon or in somebody's house...

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I'm still not good at remembering to take screenshots, but I've been trying more. Been uploading to https://naheo.imgur.com

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Jinh posted:

"sup?"

I did not like this jacket but now I kinda do. drat it. I just turned it in to feed my newfound voracious desire for GC seals.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah I thought the new dungeon sets looked awful in the previews but in practice they look pretty good and are also dyeable. I don't like the pants and shoes much though.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

gently caress. That's good.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

homeless snail posted:

I mean in this patch we also gave a second chance to the tempered snake people that don't even have a will of their own and act only according to their hot mom god so I guess everybody gets one?? Redemptive arcs for everyone!

Yeah, I really don't understand why Lyse let them into the meeting. Her logic was that she would be a hypocrite if she didn't let "all people" come to the table, but really, who would call her a hypocrite for not listening to the primal summoning mind slaves?

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Die Sexmonster! posted:

I'm still not good at remembering to take screenshots, but I've been trying more. Been uploading to https://naheo.imgur.com

I wonder what percentage of your screenshots I'm in. Probably a lot, considering how much stuff we run together! Also your imgur name is inaccurate now, since you changed your in-game name like a jerk.

I also changed my in-game name like a jerk, in case anyone was wondering who Estelle Auberlaint is.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kettlepip posted:

You wait for the ticks. The stabiliser is what gets you back in the game as soon as you can re-equip the Gauss Barrel. The opener's the only time you'd sit on a Flamethrower cast outside of AoE tricks. Normally Flamethrower is just the ogcd that pushes you over the edge from a 95 heat into Overheat.

Speaking of which, when do you use flamethrower in aoe? It seems like it's 140 potency per GCD or so meaning it's way more DPS than Spread Shot, and it doesn't cost TP to boot.

e: This guide was written for 4.06 and suggests to use spread shot until 1 second left on overheat, then flamethrower to snapshot the buff, which makes sense.

vOv fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Oct 17, 2017

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

How do you add a cross-realm friend?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

How do you add a cross-realm friend?

I haven't done it yet but the patch notes said you have to send the request via a list of people you've recently partied with that's located in the social menu, and the person has to be online at the time you send it. So first step is getting them to jump in PF with you I guess.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

DizzyBum posted:

I like when the NPCs say something to the effect of "Let me guess, you're going to agree by nodding stoically and punching your fist into your hand?" before you do exactly that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

[punches palm and nods stormbloodly]

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I just finished up the 3.0 MSQ and it was generally great but...am I crazy or are the Heavensward zones incredibly ugly? Ishgard is nice but everything else is tons of brown, muddy walls, weird rock formations everywhere, strange grass textures. I went back to the ARR zones and they look perfectly fine, if a bit bland and samey. I'm hoping Stormblood is a step up.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

porfiria posted:

I just finished up the 3.0 MSQ and it was generally great but...am I crazy or are the Heavensward zones incredibly ugly? Ishgard is nice but everything else is tons of brown, muddy walls, weird rock formations everywhere, strange grass textures. I went back to the ARR zones and they look perfectly fine, if a bit bland and samey. I'm hoping Stormblood is a step up.

I'm with you 100%, but thankfully Stormblood areas are all good. Except the ruby sea.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I voted to hang Yuyuhase and Laurentius, because they deserve it. You get to kill Ilberd and then kill Dragon Ilberd and I still don't feel like he died hard enough. Those guys are monsters even beyond Fordola. I say screw 'em.

The tempering thing is actually super depressing. I forget how dark the FFXIV world is from time to time. I mean in spite of all of the characters who survive things they probably shouldn't and time travel magic and what not, this is something completely bleak. I'm waiting for the point where an ally gets tempered and we have to put them down.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

porfiria posted:

Yeah that was deliberate to make the HW zones a little darker with a lot of contrast, when 3.0 came out they even changed the way characters were lit to make them seem darker also. Never really liked it TBH, and Stormblood definitely is brighter and more colorful in general.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Everyone, it's very important that you all decorate your houses if you have one, thank you

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
The tone of the game matched the tone of the story, which I liked, but I'm glad that we're past it. It had definitely reached the end of its welcome by the time SB dropped.

I was thinking about what primals they might make going forward, and it occurred to me that they still have a ton of options just as far as reusing old summons goes. I think Valigarmanda is the one I want to see most, it's such a cool design.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

porfiria posted:

Eh, I think some of the Heavensward areas look pretty nice, especially considering PS3 limitations. The Churning Mists is beautiful and has all sorts of neat ruins and ominous floating evil places, Azys Lla has nifty set pieces (even if the actual land parts are ugly as sin), and I really like the atmosphere of the Hinterlands. I'm not going to try defending The Dravanian Forelands or Coerthas Western Highlands, although even those have some nice touches, like the frozen-in-time battlefield in the latter.

CeallaSo posted:

I was thinking about what primals they might make going forward, and it occurred to me that they still have a ton of options just as far as reusing old summons goes. I think Valigarmanda is the one I want to see most, it's such a cool design.

I'm still holding out for Doomtrain. Actually, since we're (probably) going into Garlemald proper in 4.x and/or 5.0, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that shows up either as some sort of last-ditch Garlean primal or just as a regular old superweapon.

Also, I hit 70 SMN/SCH, so I'm a full-fledged book club member now! My doom and gloom predictions from earlier were wrong, and I don't care because I'm genuinely happy that Summoner is back to being good and fun again, it's been my favorite class since A Realm Reborn came out. I'm not sure that I'm looking forward to running Castrum Abania a million times to get those awesome butterfly tomes from it, but I'll live. Especially since SMN is really, really, really good at taking out the trash in big pulls now.

just a girl in a carbuncle chair and her carbuncle on a carbuncle table

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dravanian Hinterlands is real cool but it feels like a zone that belongs in another game to me. Like it looks like the kind of Everquest zone where people would be intimately familiar with the insides of all the buildings and where the camps are. Except its in this game where you fly over the very nice city a few times and don't really do anything super meaningful inside of it, except for one quest that I really enjoyed that has you go inside one of the buildings.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
4.1 MSQ I chose to spare the traitors because it'd be better to force them to labor until skeletonized than just do away with four working hands.

Also I'm calling it now, Fordola's gonna make a gently caress/marry/kill pick on Arenvald and probably choose at least two.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Right. Very newbish housing question as i've never touched it before. I have a cottage in Mist and I want to make it look like a hingan cottage. Is this possible? Will I need to purchase a hingan cottage permit to do that? Also if this is the case, as I suspect, will I need to remove the existing house and/or the stuff inside?

Agraya
Dec 15, 2009

Speaking of excellent dialogue options.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Agraya posted:

Speaking of excellent dialogue options.

SB has really improved the dialogue options.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Leofish posted:

I did not like this jacket but now I kinda do. drat it. I just turned it in to feed my newfound voracious desire for GC seals.

Yeah I actually went into the dungeon to farm drops for seals, and hated the coat in pics I saw on reddit.

It clips awfully with tails but the parts of it work great with a wide variety of other sets which is the main thing I look for in the glamour endgame. The default colors are hella bad too so being dyeable saves it big time

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

porfiria posted:

I think HW is the best part of XIV, to be honest, but yes, the zones are very unpleasant to look at.

SonicRulez posted:

The tempering thing is actually super depressing. I forget how dark the FFXIV world is from time to time. I mean in spite of all of the characters who survive things they probably shouldn't and time travel magic and what not, this is something completely bleak. I'm waiting for the point where an ally gets tempered and we have to put them down.

I feel like this will happen to Thancred.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tataru I hope.

And I hope the tempering doesn't come with a power level boost to go Yoko Taro on it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Tataru is obviously the final boss and the mastermind behind the Ascians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

porfiria posted:

Churning Mists and Dravanian Hinterlands are both incredibly good and cool looking. Azys Lla is cool conceptually but it looks like garbage because of the weird clashing color schemes everywhere.