Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ace Combat: following a missile to its destination using missile cam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Twenty Billion Wives.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

When you execute a VATS critical hit headshot in Fallout 4. Boomfah, baby. Domed your raider rear end.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Especially if it makes a metallic ringing sound.

dink

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- depositing an egg in Salmon Run

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

- Melee counter in Samus Returns
- Running through swarms with Lighting Armor in Samus Returns
- Using the rapid fire on big flowers in Samus Returns
- Running through a room with dual Crissaegrims in SOTN

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Riding a barrel in dkc3

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Knuc U Kinte posted:

When you execute a VATS critical hit headshot in Fallout 4. Boomfah, baby. Domed your raider rear end.

Using the Lincoln's Repeater gun from Fallout 3 in VATS

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

What is the opposite of a Goomba Stomp? "Running into a Goomba" isn't as catchy.

Because I have a lot to contribute to THAT thread :negative:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hitting yourself with a shell perhaps

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
no its landing on the edge of a pit with your toe but having it not register and falling to your doom. bonus points if the game stops your vertical momentum before letting you plummet just to troll you.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Using the Gloo Gun to skip past rooms in Prey

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Scythe surfing over spikes in Specter of Torment

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- telling your reporter to shoot something in Michigan: Report From Hell

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Especially if it makes a metallic ringing sound.

Metro 2033 has this as well as having the guy throw up his arms while falling backwards, its so good

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
- Any game where you have a short window with a power-up/weapon/invincibility/whatever and enemies are sitting right there to get dunked on. It could be 2-3 ghosts next to a power pellet, a cluster of opponents briefly CC'd in a MOBA, a rampaging Heavy in a hat simulator, or a bunch of meat in the vicinity of a Thunderjaw in Horizon Zero Dawn you just overrided.
- Ludicrously colossal numbers appearing during a critical hit.
- Chaining Guard Impacts in Soul Calibur whether you win or lose at the end.
- Making it past a screen of one-hit kills/bottomless pits you routinely die on, even though you will probably die on it again because you'll die on the next screen and the checkpoint is behind you. This, of course, is coupled with the anti-Goomba Stomp.
- Successfully countering moves in Virtua Fighter II.
- Timing and directing jumps *just right* during an escape sequence, even if it's supposed to be easy (Metroid, Super Metroid, and Beyond Good and Evil come to mind)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i dont believe you listed that first one and and said games like dota and tf2 instead of when you first get the beserk pack in doom and a bunch of doors open to reveal imps in close range

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
You're absolutely right. It's been too damned long. I could have at least mentioned Quad Damage in Quake.

Another Goomba Stomp: UT2K4 Announcer calling out "Pancake!" in Onslaught Mode when you land on somebody with a Manta.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

- Chopping zombies in half with the gravity gun and saw blades in Half Life 2

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

when you get attacked by a spinning move in bayonetta/DMC/nier/whatever and keep pressing RT to dodge in time with each rotation of the swing

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Aston posted:

- Chopping zombies in half with the gravity gun and saw blades in Half Life 2

Oh hell yeah. I remember challenging my self at 11 or whenever i played that to beat the whole level with just the gravity gun and i did it. Goomba stomp

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

rediscover posted:

Oh hell yeah. I remember challenging my self at 11 or whenever i played that to beat the whole level with just the gravity gun and i did it. Goomba stomp

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Red flag: Rediscover does NOT have this achievement unlocked on his steam profile. Care to explain yourself, Red?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

Red flag: Rediscover does NOT have this achievement unlocked on his steam profile. Care to explain yourself, Red?

maybe he switched accounts last year

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

I pirated HL2, all those years ago. Forgive me.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

rediscover posted:

I pirated HL2, all those years ago. Forgive me.

Mods?!?!?!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Harvesting a crop in Stardew Valley

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i was a fool to even game before achievements existed

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
sniping dudes in bullet time in botw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- jumping through a glass plane and shattering it. Happens in many games but I think the most satisfying is in the first few tony hawk games

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Who remembers being a kid in the 90s and writing all of your achievements down in a little book that you showed your mom?

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

sniping dudes in bullet time in botw

This is how I pwned the Molduga, just freakin unloaded on it with shock arrows like death from above. Soooooo satisfying

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I actually remembered it wrong. the hl2 demo had ravenholm as level and i did the challenge via the demo.. unless im double remembering wrong and did actually pirate it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hl2 demo?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the demo ended the level halfway through, so grats to rediscover on getting halfway through the easy gravity gun demo level with the gravity gun and then pirating the game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

doing seamless inventory reloads in REmake

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

turning keys around in the viewer to find their symbol in resident evil games

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
getting the ball behind the bricks in arkanoid

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011