Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

"Not only are LAT_56 products beautifully designed, they are also engineered to withstand the relentless and demanding nature of grand prix travel, which requires the perfect balance of practicality and form" Eric Boullier said off the cuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

wicka posted:

I’m in the market for new carry-on luggage but lol at those prices.

You know who does not have to pay those prices?

Eric Boullier

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Is this one of those 9/11 skyscraper parachute things?

I want to pop those little circle thingies like they they are bubble wrap

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Kilmers Elbow posted:

"Not only are LAT_56 products beautifully designed, they are also engineered to withstand the relentless and demanding nature of grand prix travel, which requires the perfect balance of practicality and form" Eric Boullier said off the cuff.

Ron lives on.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've decided my business is gonna be designing luggage bags that don't look like reject props from some lovely sci fi film

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I've decided my business is gonna be designing luggage bags that don't look like reject props from some lovely sci fi film

lol good luck with that flop - how will you ever expect a partnership with the likes of MCLRN

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

lol good luck with that flop - how will you ever expect a partnership with the likes of MCLRN

MCLRNLT

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

MCLRN are fetishists for the corporate dildo, probably moreso now the Honda money has hosed off.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Aren't the people who can afford luxury luggage boring fucks who like stainless steel kitchens and lots of grey though?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

learnincurve posted:

Aren't the people who can afford luxury luggage boring fucks who like stainless steel kitchens and lots of grey though?

There's a good amount of intersection, yes.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

MCLRN are fetishists for the corporate dildo, probably moreso now the Honda money has hosed off.

I'm genuinely curious how much cash Honda was fire hosing at McLaren each year.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
How much is second or third place worth in championship prize money?

McLaren would certainly have beaten Williams with a Mercedes engine, even without all the cheat modes.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

I'm genuinely curious how much cash Honda was fire hosing at McLaren each year.

$100 million plus half the driver's salary

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Zak claimed this wasn't accurate but didn't clarify how much it actually is. He did say that there would be a point at which their money wasn't worth how much they'd lose from continued poor performance. Some of that is prize money, but I have to imagine there was pressure from their current sponsors.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

NtotheTC posted:

e: (£150)

Ron won't be able to leave the house today, because he is locked in a full cringe that won't release his face for 8 - 10 hours due to the odd shape of that bag, the attachment point of the handle, and the way the side pocket juts out.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I had never heard of LAT_56 until today. Marketing works, people!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lol

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol Bernie is sad.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/885034/1/ecclestone-liberty-bosses-dont-want-me-at-f1-races?page=1

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bernie is the embodiment of :qq: ever since Liberty decided "hey, let's open up social media!"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I guess that explains why the Ferrari fans all want him back then. Birds of a feather and all that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I dont' want him back!!!! He can s my frickin d.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Maybe we got Bernie wrong, maybe he's just so old and demented that he believes photographs and videos have the power to capture and steal souls, and that his role was to tightly control and guard F1s from the devil. It would explain the fact that he never, not once, released an official F1 VHS or DVD. (The season reviews are released by the FIA)

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Bernie thinks that Liberty Media "haven't done anything"

I agree, shove in double points for one race and a brand new qualifying system! ACTION ACTION ACTION that's the way.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Mansour Ojjeh posted:

Jeez, we want to win.

Source:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-honda-split-good-for-both-sides-ojjeh-964612/

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

NtotheTC posted:

Bernie thinks that Liberty Media "haven't done anything"

I agree, shove in double points for one race and a brand new qualifying system! ACTION ACTION ACTION that's the way.

When do we have The F1 Playoffs™©®?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Big Kube completes Williams test #2

Look forward to seeing who replaces Massa.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

I dont' want him back!!!! He can s my frickin d.

Bernie Eccleston suck my dick from the back!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Zuckerberg isn't human, is he?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He's definitely not. He scares the poo poo out of me.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

You're genuinely better off with Trump as president rather than Zuckerberg, I fear for the day he runs for office.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bernie Ecclestone should be president.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

He's definitely not. He scares the poo poo out of me.

He's like a replicant but with even less humanity.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Bernie Ecclestone should be president.

I think people tend to forget all the good Bernard did for the sport in the past because of his mishandling of it during the last bit of his tenure. Kind of like how people forget Ron Dennis was at one point a successful team owner and not retarded.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bernie is poo poo but on the other hand what exactly has Liberty done since they took over. We got some dinky little parading of cars up and down two blocks in London and that's it.

Wanna see some results there.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They still haven't banned the cheat Mercedes team so Liberty gets a 1/10 from me.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

1500quidporsche posted:

Bernie is poo poo but on the other hand what exactly has Liberty done since they took over. We got some dinky little parading of cars up and down two blocks in London and that's it.

Wanna see some results there.

A couple of youtube videos

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They still haven't banned the cheat Mercedes team so Liberty gets a 1/10 from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's banned.

Just that the old engine got grandfathered in. :unsmigghh:

(I read it that if either engine blows up, they have to use an engine that abides by the new oil burn regs when they replace it)

• Locked thread