Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Alfalfa posted:

Kind of what I was thinking. Trying to sell high on Smith. Plus I have Hunt and don't really like having 2 must plays on same team for when things like yesterday happen.

So I got a dude in my league who is a first time player. I'm trying to guide him a bit, but not too much. He's got Smith and Dalton. He's considering offering one up to the Rodgers owner. Which should he keep? 6 pt passing TDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm balls deep on Jordy Nelson in my leagues.

:(

He's basically nothing now, right? I think I might send an offer of my Jordy for this dude's Wentz that's sitting on his bench.

89 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 16, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'd keep Smith.

89 posted:

I have him in the league where i lost Odell last week. My once formidable WR corps is looking real McIffy now.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
edit: double

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Again I'd like to thank everyone for their feedback on our goon project site.
However, I am what's known as a "drunken snowflake," which means I need to be inebriated to receive criticism.
As such, I can only remember bits and pieces of the advice. But I do remember LeperFlesh saying something about my sense of humor... So I'm going to assume he said he likes it and wants me to write more jokes.

Here you go, LeperFlesh!

Top 5 Lists: Ezekiel Elliott, NaVorro Bowman, Roger Goodell

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

TommyGun85 posted:

who should I keep ROS: Brate or ASJ.

Brate has been one of the best TEs and has already past his bye and ASJ is the best player on his team, but is not performing as well.

I refuse to carry two TEs and would like to trade one of them.

I'd dangle them both and see who fetches the best offer.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, I smiled at a few of these, although I also vomited from the picture of Bowman getting his knee graphically destroyed

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

89 posted:

He's basically nothing now, right? I think I might send an offer of my Jordy for this dude's Wentz that's sitting on his bench.

The fillin QB eventually figured out how to toss him the ball, he just happened to choose Davante Adams first.

I'd give it another week before panicking.

...:tif:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

Ok now you need to take a step back from that edge.

I'd downgrade him to more of a WR2 ROS. But you're overreacting and giving in to your tradeeveryoneitis

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 17, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

While offering Jordy for Wentz is a huge overreaction, it’s definitely true Jordy’s value plummets because of this. Not to Wentz level, but definitely nowhere near what he has been this year.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

OK, I smiled at a few of these, although I also vomited from the picture of Bowman getting his knee graphically destroyed

#6: Anyone who does that to your knee gets shanked before they exit the stadium.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
good news luck stashers!

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/920076175015256066

cut him errrrrrrryyyyyyyywhere now

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Tried to flip C.J. Anderson & Will Fuller for Wentz from the guy who has Wentz, Wilson, and Rivers and is also 1-4.

He countered with CJ for Rivers.

I haven't paid much attention to Rivers this season so is that worth it? Or maybe counter CJ for Wilson?

This is the league I just lost Smith and McKinnon for Gurley.

Current roster:
QB : ... (Palmer if I can get off waivers)
RB: Gurley, Hunt, CJ, Morris, Allen
WR: Evans, Hilton, Funchess, Fuller, DT, Jeffery
TE: ASJ
D/ST: Jags
K: dunno

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
In a Will Fuller for Deshawn Jackson trade (0 PPR), the person getting Fuller is the victor, right?

Should note that I'm scooping him from the only undefeated team in our league.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

What kind of value would you sell Gurley for? How about Jordy for? I have both in my main league where I'm 5-1 and would like to stay that way

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Vargo posted:

In a Will Fuller for Deshawn Jackson trade (0 PPR), the person getting Fuller is the victor, right?

Should note that I'm scooping him from the only undefeated team in our league.

Maybe. Fuller has scored 5 TDS on only 8 catches this season. There has to be some serious regression coming, but I’d still want him over DJ.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Elotana posted:

Am I nuts for starting Deshaun over Rodgers? The Browns are bad and the weather looks really crappy in Minnesota
Thanks to everyone who gave me the DSYS advice :v:

Better lucky than good tho

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Elotana posted:

Thanks to everyone who gave me the DSYS advice :v:

Better lucky than good tho

Hello fellow McKinnon/Fitz/Gronk owner.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

If I offered you Gurley and Nelson for Gordon and Dez, 0 PPR, would you take that?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Hey, thanks, that means a lot.

And, of course, I was just roasting your chestnuts about not remembering your advice. To wit: This week's fascinating facts contains 3 times as many sources, and I tried to pare down the facts to only have the most interesting ones.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

If I offered you Gurley and Nelson for Gordon and Dez, 0 PPR, would you take that?

No. It’s too obvious a sell-low on Jordy.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

good news luck stashers!

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/920076175015256066

cut him errrrrrrryyyyyyyywhere now

I'll ride Luck to a championship.

Owned Charles last year

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

Hey, thanks, that means a lot.

And, of course, I was just roasting your chestnuts about not remembering your advice. To wit: This week's fascinating facts contains 3 times as many sources, and I tried to pare down the facts to only have the most interesting ones.

The formatting makes the attributes way less obnoxious, although I still think there's no need to attribute easily-found public statistics, since they are not a matter of opinion, nor are they copyrighted.

quote:

11. In fantasy, the Saints have scored 14 or more points in three straight weeks. This is a team that averaged less that 3 fantasy points per game in 2016 (Tristan Cockroft)
You meant the Saints D/ST, right? Because I know the Saints are bad but, yikes!

quote:

14. Ryan Fitzpatrick’s scoring strike to Cameron Brate was the first Harvard-to-Harvard touchdown pass in NFL history (SomethingAwful)
A forum post is not a credible source for data, though, so if you're gonna attribute stuff like a journalist, you gotta do the legwork and actually verify something like this. No offense to Joey Freshwater.
This might be a better reference: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/harvard/ shows that Fitz is the only NFL QB from Harvard ever.

I liked the article and the facts were more interesting! It's not comedy, but it looks like you didn't tag it as comedy, so that's fine too.

I am drunk with my newfound influence and power over your website

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 17, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

Tried to flip C.J. Anderson & Will Fuller for Wentz from the guy who has Wentz, Wilson, and Rivers and is also 1-4.

He countered with CJ for Rivers.

I haven't paid much attention to Rivers this season so is that worth it? Or maybe counter CJ for Wilson?

This is the league I just lost Smith and McKinnon for Gurley.

Current roster:
QB : ... (Palmer if I can get off waivers)
RB: Gurley, Hunt, CJ, Morris, Allen
WR: Evans, Hilton, Funchess, Fuller, DT, Jeffery
D/ST: Jags
K: dunno

Requoting because help lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Alfalfa posted:

Requoting because help lol

do not trade CJ Anderson for Philip Rivers.

Do the counter. Try to get Wentz.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

VietCampo posted:

I'd keep Smith.

I have him in the league where i lost Odell last week. My once formidable WR corps is looking real McIffy now.

Same :sigh:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Holy poo poo the second time I bench Murray he goes off again. I'm just going to get rid of him so I don't have to deal with this poo poo.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Only needed a total of 5 points from TY Hilton & CJ Anderson combined...

:suicide:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ouch

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Winston going down killed me. Gave the only winless team theyre first win

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Only reasons i won this week against the top team was that AB td at the end and that ASJ ruling.

That last denver play had me on edge.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 17, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

dkj posted:

Holy poo poo the second time I bench Murray he goes off again. I'm just going to get rid of him so I don't have to deal with this poo poo.

I benched Henry because .4 and .7 the last two weeks was annoying me.

Now he gets 21. Rage-trading is a thing right?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Titans are now 11-1 when Derrick Henry gets 7 or more rushing attempts, and 1-8 when he doesn't.

I'm sure a lot of that is allowing Henry to salt away games that they're already winning, but still, that's a hell of a split.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

There's no problem dropping the Texans D right now, right? I don't really want to roster two during their bye and they're also less appealing with the injuries. And other than SF week 14 I don't think they have any amazing matchups.

This week may be rough without Watson, Hopkins, and Tate. I'm playing one of the weaker teams but he also has zero players on bye so it's not gonna be an easy one.

Doesn't help that my backup quarterback (Rivers) is playing Denver and they're probably gonna be pissed off about losing to the Giants.

Which two or three should I try to grab for RB help (1 PPR):

Gore
Crowell
Latavius
Derrick Henry
Forte
McGuire
Mack
Darkwa

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Spermy Smurf posted:

RIP Adams, jordy, cobb.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic as a Jordy owner but I think a lot of the lower QB competence will be offset by increasingly playing from behind and more garbage time.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

scrubs season six posted:

Maybe I'm being too optimistic as a Jordy owner but I think a lot of the lower QB competence will be offset by increasingly playing from behind and more garbage time.

You're being too optimistic.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Rodgers victim here, 0ppr. Alex Smith owner wants Gore and Gillislee. This would leave me with Freeman, Murray, Abdullah, and Coleman. Between the Colts' potential committee, and general Belichicanery, I'd kinda like to be rid of them both, just wanted to make sure I'm not drastically overpaying.

Only other offer I've received is my Hogan for his Dalton or Big Ben, and gently caress both those choices.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Doppelganger posted:

Rodgers victim here, 0ppr. Alex Smith owner wants Gore and Gillislee. This would leave me with Freeman, Murray, Abdullah, and Coleman. Between the Colts' potential committee, and general Belichicanery, I'd kinda like to be rid of them both, just wanted to make sure I'm not drastically overpaying.

Only other offer I've received is my Hogan for his Dalton or Big Ben, and gently caress both those choices.

That seems like a fair deal. Although, if Tyrod is available I would pick him up instead.

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican
I give:
Cousins, McKinnon

I get:
Brees

Is that fair? Is Brees worth it? Here's the rest of my team.

QB: Cousins
WR: Hilton, Diggs, Cooper, R. Matthews, Fuller
RB: Bell, Martin, Ingram, Stewart, McKinnon, Smallwood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Liquid Banjo posted:

I give:
Cousins, McKinnon

I get:
Brees

Is that fair? Is Brees worth it? Here's the rest of my team.

QB: Cousins
WR: Hilton, Diggs, Cooper, R. Matthews, Fuller
RB: Bell, Martin, Ingram, Stewart, McKinnon, Smallwood

What's your record and scoring? PPR?

• Locked thread