Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

sista tågdestinationen :confused:

slutstation :razz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i giggled for a month straight when i moved to sweden

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

7 being pronounced as vulgarity for penis in russian didn't help my maturity either

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

lmbo

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

cinci zoo sniper posted:

7 being pronounced as vulgarity for penis in russian didn't help my maturity either

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

CommunistPancake posted:

always wanted to see more emulators to do this. the same concept existed for the og xbox since it was an x86 windows pc for the most part.

would be better if somebody did this for the ps4 since that's already built around an x86-64 cpu. lil bit of virtualization and a shader recompiler and you're done bim bom so simple

it's the only way we're going to get a pc version of bloodborne, at any rate.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sapozhnik posted:

would be better if somebody did this for the ps4 since that's already built around an x86-64 cpu. lil bit of virtualization and a shader recompiler and you're done bim bom so simple

i woulda guessed the unified memory architecture on the ps4 could make that a little tricky

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:rip: z0ratio fartboner

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Hell Station

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

you know guys whic htime of the year this is

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

thats right, its outlook ui redesign time

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

cinci zoo sniper posted:

lomarf

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

flatter!

flatter!!

FLATTER!!!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

looks way better than the previous version, but it probably works the same underneath

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

akadajet posted:

flatter!

flatter!!

FLATTER!!!

thats coming to mac too btw

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

cinci zoo sniper posted:

so it looks like other microsoft and windows and office apps? okay

hope they actually support 2FA for more accounts than EAS this time

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Boiled Water posted:

xbox watch

office watch

microsoft watch

skype watch

&

skype watch for business (previously lync watch)

microsoft teams watch (depreciated will be merged into skype watch for business)

actually, the real name for the microsoft Apple Watch equivalent is more confusing than any of those: microsoft band

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

akadajet posted:

flatter!

flatter!!

FLATTER!!!
Pile it up, pile it high on the platter.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Shaggar posted:

looks way better than the previous version, but it probably works the same underneath

I'm the like button on emails in your inbox.

Nice to see the ribbon bar has been redesigned but I dread to think what's hiding behind that [...] button considering how much poo poo is normally on the ribbon.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
still a 0% chance it natively supports oath2 and caldav/carddav

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
also 10-1 they've completely buried the ui option to turn off focused inbox, conversations, whatever other bullshit workflow optimizations they've decided you're going to use by default

pram
Jun 10, 2001
focused inbox is total garbage

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Sapozhnik posted:

i believe one of the ps4 reverse engineering talks said that the ps4 is x86 but it's not a pc; porting it to pc would probably be more work than converting a ppc machine running windows to x86 (which is what the x360 is)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
focused inbox rules.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

CommunistPancake posted:

i believe one of the ps4 reverse engineering talks said that the ps4 is x86 but it's not a pc; porting it to pc would probably be more work than converting a ppc machine running windows to x86 (which is what the x360 is)
that was a good as hell talk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMiubC6LdTA

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

I'm the like button on emails in your inbox.

laffo does that just send back an email with whatever outlooks equivalent of 👍🏽 is

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Trashman posted:

laffo does that just send back an email with whatever outlooks equivalent of 👍🏽 is

Microsoft is proud to introduce: the NICE! button

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Trashman posted:

at a guess, it's probably to train the trashfire heuristics that power focused inbox, so that it stops hiding email you actually need

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cool to see lowtax using metro design

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
hey guys, remember how back in like the year 2000 we realized that having so many menu options that you had to have another option to hide menu items you don't use much was a terrible UI decision and completely redesigned office to avoid it?

what if we started doing that again

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah but remember a few years back when they used all the telemetry data to see what functions people use most and made the ones they don't use bigger?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

it's a good talk but god drat does he come across like he's smarter than anyone who builds things because he can tear them down

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

carry on then posted:

it's a good talk but god drat does he come across like he's smarter than anyone who builds things because he can tear them down

he wrote a Linux bsp for the PS4 without documentation which sounds like it was quite the undertaking

then again with Sony it may have been harder to do with the documentation than without...

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

carry on then posted:

he also bashes systemd for some reason (he shouldn't, look how slow that thing is booting), and tries to frame sony in a bad light because of hardware choices that actually does make sense, like that external hdmi converter

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Tankakern posted:

he also bashes systemd for some reason (he shouldn't, look how slow that thing is booting), and tries to frame sony in a bad light because of hardware choices that actually does make sense, like that external hdmi converter
every linux nerd bashes systemd, but what's the sensible reason to bypass the hdmi interface exposed to the hardware, and instead go from a displayport interface to an external i2c hdmi encoder

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

anthonypants posted:

every linux nerd bashes systemd, but what's the sensible reason to bypass the hdmi interface exposed to the hardware, and instead go from a displayport interface to an external i2c hdmi encoder

iirc some effortpost explained that the external encoder, while equivalent at the time, was prepared to be software update to later versions of the standard (was the big thing there hdr? i don't remember), and indeed was

it certainly strains credulity that sony engineers working on a high-budget design project for a device that is expected to sell in vast numbers would just toss a couple of components onto the bom without checking what the chips they already have on there can do

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

anthonypants posted:

avoid paying a dollar in hdmi licensing maybe

the PS3 nearly bankrupted Sony group, so the PS4 was cost reduced in every possible way. they weren't gonna make the same mistakes twice

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

15in Surface Book 2 :jackbud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

15in Surface Book 2 :jackbud:

"pricing starts at $2499"

yeah, no, i think i will have to give up computing the way pricing is working out