Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Looks like the subs are complete on this.

Why is Rohan crashing with Koichi? What happened to his house? I thought he had it repaired after the fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

in one of the other ones he explains he spent his fortune on buying some mountains in order to research yokai

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why is Rohan crashing with Koichi? What happened to his house? I thought he had it repaired after the fire.

go look in the anime thread at one of my posts today (yeah, i know bad idea), i linked the best version, no baked in korean subs and subbed by jjca

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

Rohan says he's bankrupt at the start. Remember, this is 7 years after DiU, that fire is old news.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It's referenced in another one shot. mutsu kabe? That's where he buys mountains and goes bankrupt doing it, which eventually forces him to sell some sailor moon figures and led zeppelin poo poo or whatever then move in with koichi

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't really care about the ova guy making bad ova stuff years ago, I just thought it was funny that they were identifying him by one of his worst works and then talking about other stuff as a footnote. It'd be like if you had a convention where one of the guests was vin diesel and you listed him as being the hit actor from the film "the pacifier" :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hoobajoo posted:

Rohan says he's bankrupt at the start. Remember, this is 7 years after DiU, that fire is old news.

Just rewatched and I completely missed that detail. :downs:

I'm glad good boy Koichi is looking out for Rohan.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't really care about the ova guy making bad ova stuff years ago, I just thought it was funny that they were identifying him by one of his worst works and then talking about other stuff as a footnote. It'd be like if you had a convention where one of the guests was vin diesel and you listed him as being the hit actor from the film "the pacifier" :v:

gently caress you I'd managed to completely blank that movie out from my memory and you went and brought it back

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Help I just remembered that Koichi is 10 years older than me to the day

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
10 years older and 10 feet shorter.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

hoobajoo posted:

Is it actually 7 years later? I figured it was around the same time despite there being an iPad somehow.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Oct 17, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's 7 years older than in DiU so yeh

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

in one of the other ones he explains he spent his fortune on buying some mountains in order to research yokai

People had the audacity to compare this perfect man to Joshuu

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He's 7 years older than in DiU so yeh

I missed that part. Glad to know the Duwang Gang can't graduate from high school.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

mamezuku rai is the new rohan

joshu is the new getting shot in the face with fragmentation rounds

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

mamezuku rai is the new rohan

joshu is the new getting shot in the face with fragmentation rounds

Rai seems to have a goodheart beneath the lovely exterior whereas Rohan is just a prick onion, baby

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

rohan is a good* boy.

*good punching bag

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Who, in your opinion, is the most talented musician/band referenced in JoJo?

Hard mode: No Limp Bizkit

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'd need to sit on Most Talented for a bit, but personal favorite is probably Notorious B.I.G.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's probably Black Sabbath or Led Zep in terms of talent to be honest.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Who, in your opinion, is the most talented musician/band referenced in JoJo?

Either Miles Davis or Johnny Cash.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Favourite song is probably Tusk but is there a reference list cos I can hardly remember that much.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's probably Prince. I'm not even a Prince fan but motherfucker was a musical prodigy.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

David Bowie

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Dias posted:

It's probably Prince. I'm not even a Prince fan but motherfucker was a musical prodigy.

Yeah, it's definitely Prince. And he's Araki's favorite too.

Soft and Wet
Paisley Park
Gold Experience
Josuke wears purple, has prince like symbols on his clothes and "listens to Prince CDs in his spare time"
Avdol's chicken

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Unironically

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

hoobajoo posted:

Man, Koichi, Okuyasu and Josuke must be really loving awful at school to still be wearing their uniforms or just don't age mysteriously.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

tiistai posted:

Unironically

Same

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

tiistai posted:

Unironically

Who's being ironic? Dude is massively talented

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Just clarifying for these people who think Prince is more talented

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Weird Al is basically just a sexier version of Prince

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Meat Beat Agent posted:

Weird Al is basically just a sexier version of Prince

Are we talkin fro or post-fro

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Weird Al passed the true test of Being Cool in the 80s by having a song in Transformers the Movie.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Are we talkin fro or post-fro

Yes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

lotus circle posted:

Man, Koichi, Okuyasu and Josuke must be really loving awful at school to still be wearing their uniforms or just don't age mysteriously.

They're students. They have to wear their uniforms.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Who's being ironic? Dude is massively talented

my favourite thing about weird al is that he wrote his phantom menace song based on internet spoilers and then when he'd seen the movie, he barely had to adjust the lyrics at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Prince. So nice, they referenced him(by name) twice.