Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It costs the same as a typical Friday night bar tab or a date anyways 🤷🏻‍♂️. Sometimes cheaper than those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
For my part I love making stuff in the creation tools and it's dumb enough fun. Plus I'm killing for a GOOD MyCareer (or equivalent) mode and this one SOUNDS better than last year's, which was better than the year before, and better than the first iteration.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Say what you want about the 2k games, but I actually like the gameplay and do really like Universe mode because I usually have it set up to where one show is just classic Legends wrestlers, another show Joshi+Women's roster, a Japanese show, and RAW/Smackdown.

And 17's Creation community was pretty on point.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
They increase the CAW spots at all? Granted, not like 100 is a small number or anything. But, it was annoying that I would hit a limit of total parts (there was so many logos you could have downloaded vs. CAWs)

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
literally the only redeemable qualities about these games are the creation poo poo and playing on a couch with a buddy setting up ppvs and having titles go back and forth

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I've skipped five years so eh I'm due for a questionable buying decision during a Black Friday sale or w/e. v:shobon:v

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Now THAT is a good reason. Seriously you are a good friend.

Thanks :) I'm hoping it'll give him a lift. Even terrible games are great with friends, and the roster on this is massive, so I'm sure we'll make it fun for ourselves.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

89 posted:

They increase the CAW spots at all? Granted, not like 100 is a small number or anything. But, it was annoying that I would hit a limit of total parts (there was so many logos you could have downloaded vs. CAWs)

Nope, still 100.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean poo poo I'll fully admit to this probably being too much to pay for it but yea 90% of my enjoyment from this is just from mashing my wrassleman figures together and having poo poo like Macho Man vs Kurt Angle main event Wrestlemania for the Million Dollar Championship that is the highest ranked belt of the WWE. Then me and my dumbass friends can have New Day vs a bunch of dead rear end wrestlers in a Unicorns vs Skeletons match while we get drunk. It's dumb but it's fun.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Some of the niche caws for Fire Pro on the workshop is really amusing. Who the gently caress would create Richard Slinger and who the gently caress would play as him?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Testekill posted:

Some of the niche caws for Fire Pro on the workshop is really amusing. Who the gently caress would create Richard Slinger and who the gently caress would play as him?

I've got the Megazord saving the earth from the evil wrasslemans

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Had a 2k18 5* hoss-off against Kassius Ohno that I lost, and I ain't even mad.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

I mean poo poo I'll fully admit to this probably being too much to pay for it but yea 90% of my enjoyment from this is just from mashing my wrassleman figures together and having poo poo like Macho Man vs Kurt Angle main event Wrestlemania for the Million Dollar Championship that is the highest ranked belt of the WWE. Then me and my dumbass friends can have New Day vs a bunch of dead rear end wrestlers in a Unicorns vs Skeletons match while we get drunk. It's dumb but it's fun.

This is pretty much where I'm at with the series. I make a Big Fat Bois brand instead of a legends one though. Maybe this year I'll call it 505 Live.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I had a pretty legit mid-90's AJPW show on 2k17 for xbone which included some journeymen like Onita and Mr Pogo because why not but now I have a PS4 and will have to start all over again.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I'm gonna run the Big Boy Climax in Fire Pro World. The G1 climax but it's huge or fat boys only.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

J-Ro posted:

Had a 2k18 5* hoss-off against Kassius Ohno that I lost, and I ain't even mad.

I'm even sort of enjoying the career mode, actually. It seems to be structured so you get to goof around and do silly poo poo like have John Cena dare you to do a run-in on Jack Gallagher one month, then have a scripted storyline the next. I had that mini-feud with Gentleman Jack and then got thrown into a battle royal in the main event of Smackdown... and then, in a true show of realism... 6-man tag on the preshow of the SD PPV. Bad news is the opposing team features Dolph. Good news is my partners are the Usos! Gonna take Mr Ziggles to the Uso Penitentiary.

I also like that they seem to have decided Barron Blade got an injury and transitioned to a back office job between games.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is pretty much where I'm at with the series. I make a Big Fat Bois brand instead of a legends one though. Maybe this year I'll call it 505 Live.

Oh man, Big Boy Bash is a good idea, I should do that instead of legends and just sprinkle the old ghosts in the normal show...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Am I crazy or is the hot tag mechanic this year... kind of good?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the first NXT match in the career mode, I ran forward and got countered by Ohno into a powerbomb, but countered that into a sunset flip and won. Like a 7 second match,

But all the post-match dialogue is about losing because of a Roode run-in.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Just because you were unprofessional doesn't mean anyone else has to go off script.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I want to know who the gently caress okayed the camera angles focusing on the player.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Speaking of cameras, the angles in entrances aren't consistent.

I think it might just be the editor because I haven't seen it happen in a match yet, but you'll get things like what's supposed to be a close-up from in front be a wide shot to the side instead.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
New Legacy Inc. have uploaded the videos of their Road to Glory creation, and it's sort of awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAwoe-bgHY0

Of course any "that looks like it might be fun" is immediately dispelled by the Road to Glory mode itself, where you're locked into a specific kind of match each day and the grind starts right the gently caress away. I'm honestly surprised they haven't introduced microtransactions for the loot crate since I can only imagine the pay-to-win whales being the people willing to actually put up with this for long periods of time. It's a like a weird hybrid of MyCareer and a ranked online system, which doesn't work well for either.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah initially I thought it was kind of a cool concept...but it's weighed down by the stuff you mentioned plus the general scumbag online tactics.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Fun fact: If your opponent quits out of your match during Road to Glory, you win the match but don't get any VC for it, and they don't get penalized for it! gg 2k :derp:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

super macho dude posted:

Fun fact: If your opponent quits out of your match during Road to Glory, you win the match but don't get any VC for it, and they don't get penalized for it! gg 2k :derp:

you get the stars though which are actually the only thing that matters in RTG

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Real good game

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This is why you never run shows in Silent Hill.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Dave's dad-shirt tuck game is on point

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Guns are way too small though smh

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
In a less funny bug/bad decision, I got to MITB in MyCareer and the objectives are screwy. It's "win", which is fine, "do an OMG" which also fine, and "do a move with the ladder" which apparently does not mean hit guy with the ladder, doesn't mean hit guy while he's ON the ladder, doesn't mean put through ladder in the corner or bridged on the outside...

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
WWE has been loving witch Jim Sterlings Youtube so behold: Sterdust! Thank God for him!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKrlvXZ44Vo

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

who the gently caress is Jim sterling and who the gently caress is gonna watch that

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Cause he's a fat Brit who's ripping off Stardust just to see what WWE will do.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

who the gently caress is Jim sterling
Eleven years ago, those exact words are how he got his career started.

He's a very prolific video game critic who has done everything from the most standard news reporting back in the day to being brought in by large publishers (e.g. Valve) to give input on their business plans to being sued for $10,000,000 by other publishers. (Which he won, and in magnificent style.) His main 'draws' are that he now operates entirely independently from any company or publication and he will frequently dress up as various characters to lampoon whatever the big issue of those few months have been, or just for a laugh as you're seeing there.

If you're the kind of game buyer who has their handful of series they buy every year and that's as far as your interest goes, you won't get much out of anything Jim does; if you're interested in the deeper workings of the games industry and the immense amount of bullshit that goes on within it, he's your #1 guy. He's essentially the Wrestling Observer of video games.

There's been hints Goldust could get involved, or there had been plans for him to be, so hey. It might become a thing.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Hoooo boy is it a hellish grind to get VC.

Also, does anyone know if picking a certain moveset in MyPlayer lock out some moves from the other sets? Like Brawler gives you Punt Kick as a finisher option but when I picked Technician, it wasn't anywhere in the Edit Move Set.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

super macho dude posted:

Hoooo boy is it a hellish grind to get VC.

Also, does anyone know if picking a certain moveset in MyPlayer lock out some moves from the other sets? Like Brawler gives you Punt Kick as a finisher option but when I picked Technician, it wasn't anywhere in the Edit Move Set.

I believe that is the way it works.

Gaz-L posted:

In a less funny bug/bad decision, I got to MITB in MyCareer and the objectives are screwy. It's "win", which is fine, "do an OMG" which also fine, and "do a move with the ladder" which apparently does not mean hit guy with the ladder, doesn't mean hit guy while he's ON the ladder, doesn't mean put through ladder in the corner or bridged on the outside...

There's like a whole on the 2k forums about this very issue. Can't recall the solution though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It seems like what they MEANT was 'do the OMG from the top of the ladder' and split it into two objectives for some reason. I gave Cena the AA off the ladder and the game accepted me as having done it. (Also gently caress Sami Zayn, he would literally reverse EVERYthing at the second opportunity so I spent half the match unable to counter poo poo)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PrestigePrince9/status/919591881796878336

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

For what it's worth, it runs real good on my pc at max with a 970. No glitches yet but not looking for em either.