Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/919686490489344035

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Losing Rodgers really sucks. I mean, this team just isn't as good as the 2013 squad and I really feel like we're hosed out of what could have been an 11 or 12 win season even if I don't necessarily think a deep playoff run was in the works. Without Rodgers even a wild card spot feels like a reach.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So here's my take.

Give Hundley one week. I'll take him right now. If he sucks, sign Kaep IMMEDIATELY and use the bye to get him acclimated.

Alternately sign Kaep now to get the fire under Hundley's rear end.

(read: My only concern is him learning the playbook by the time we play the Saints. Other than that I want him on the team immediately)

iospace fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Oct 17, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i agree with all the packer posters in this thread, the pack needs to immediately trade for Experienced Backup and Steady Hand Michael Glennon

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

R.D. Mangles posted:

i agree with all the packer posters in this thread, the pack needs to immediately trade for Experienced Backup and Steady Hand Michael Glennon

Counterpoint: Kaep.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
this division is a poo poo show w/o rodgers and the packers are losing to the bears in a few weeks

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I have no idea how to even begin to imagine a Green Bay Packers team with Kaepernick at the helm. :psyduck:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
If the Packers fall headfirst into signing a resurgent Kaep I swear to loving god

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

it seems bad to sign anyone with how rear end and hurt the o-line has been, unless everyone is coming back next week

signing Kaep and having him crush it is one of the funniest possible things I can imagine, however

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 17, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Sign the KAEP!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Good news!

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/920284736840458240

Bad news:

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/920288339999232000

:gonk:

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 17, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FO posted:

Stafford's turnovers led to three defensive touchdowns on Sunday, bringing his season total to four. Nobody else has more than two.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
But how many do all the Browns QB's have combined?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

BGrifter posted:

I have no idea how to even begin to imagine a Green Bay Packers team with Kaepernick at the helm. :psyduck:

Offense might turn out alright. Defense would have it's spirits broken after being shredded in practice every loving week.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I'm trying to guess whether more of the owners are fat racist uncles or lefty union members. Either way there'd be a bunch that go up for sale when they took Kaep.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
lefty union members aren’t inherently sympathetic to the plights of minorities. plus, the thinking that “making such a fuss is rude” is a very midwest line of thought that isn’t bound by political leanings.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I don’t know that if the Packers take a pass on Kaepernick it’s automatically a racism thing. He’s a different style of quarterback. If they’re just looking for a placeholder to emulate Rodgers (badly) till he gets back Kaepernick isn’t really that guy.

I’d love to see it happen. It’d be a lot of fun to watch. But I’m guessing it’ll depend on how bad the Rodgers injury is.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
It's not the Packers style to pick up free agents to replace injuries (with minor exceptions like James Jones in 2015), but I could see picking up Kaep working out if TT suddenly became a much more active GM.

For instance, if he were able to facilitate ten multi-party trades such that Dom Capers coached the opposing defense every week.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
On a more serious note, the Packers have a really weird offense that is short on typical West Coast concepts and long on Rodgers pulling off crazy sandlot stuff and I don't think even a very good pocket passer with the ability to move around in the pocket and extend plays could thrive in it quickly. Especially given the 60% casualty rate on the offensive line. The options are spend money on a guy and miss the playoffs or don't spend money and miss the playoffs.

Although I guess that in this division this sort of thing is always possible (cf. 2013):

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
As much as I would like to see them do it they weren't going to sign Kaep because of Hundley. It's not a secret they're looking to shop him this offseason and if he plays well it'll bump up his trade value.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hot Diggity! posted:

As much as I would like to see them do it they weren't going to sign Kaep because of Hundley. It's not a secret they're looking to shop him this offseason and if he plays well it'll bump up his trade value.

Can we trade him for a new Defensive Coordinator?

Asking for a friend.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

This is my new favorite thing

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Boon posted:

This is my new favorite thing

Someone needs to edit it with the team logos over the characters and "Packers won"

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
You know why Jordan howard is so loving awesome. Whenever he rips off a big run you know what he does? He goes back to the loving huddle. He does't get up and celebrate like some poo poo heads (ZEKE) he just goes back to the huddle. Fukken love this guy

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i like it when players celebrate big plays. it shows the they’re having fun. unless said play is against my team, in which case gently caress you, you ain’t special bitch.

WHOOPS fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 18, 2017

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

SD87 posted:

You know why Jordan howard is so loving awesome. Whenever he rips off a big run you know what he does? He goes back to the loving huddle. He does't get up and celebrate like some poo poo heads (ZEKE) he just goes back to the huddle. Fukken love this guy

explain to me whats wrong with celebrating

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
A MAN is allowed to celebrate on exactly two occasions. The birth of his first child and his first championship. Everything else is glory boy excess.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

SD87 posted:

Just because you have a stupid newbie avatar doesn't mean you have to live up to it, you realize

Edit: Anyone who doesn't like celebrations deserves to have the People's Elbow dropped on them.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Oct 18, 2017

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I'm fine with cool celebrations for things like TDs or sacks or ints. The new group celebration thing has been great.

Doing a soup spoon thing like a toddler every time you get a five yard gain looks stupid.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I think that the Hand of God, which is attached to Ed Hochuli's jacked arms, should choke slam any player that gives more than a reserved smile after a good play.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
zeke doing his feed me more taunt after every 5 yard gain is awesome cause it means a linebacker or DT will taunt him with it after stuffing him for a loss. it all balances out.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Just don't blow your ACL when celebrating a sack.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

howe_sam posted:

Just don't blow your ACL when celebrating a sack.

Or field goal

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
would love to believe Teddy T will loosen the purse strings and get us Kaep or Romo or Tebow to turn the remainder of this season into an entertaining shitshow instead of the grim slog it's going to be, but let's face it, we're stuck with Not Tolzien for the foreseeable future

SD87 posted:

ok bob costas

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

SD87 posted:

You know someone has said this about Zack Zenner at some point

guess why

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
After all of the notable major injuries this year I think players should celebrate every time they don't break or tear something

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
How have we gone this many posts without someone posting the GIF?

Nevar forget. :911:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

BGrifter posted:

How have we gone this many posts without someone posting the GIF?

Nevar forget. :911:

:allears:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Mock the belt at your own peril. :toughguy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

MikeCrotch posted:

You know someone has said this about Zack Zenner at some point

guess why

I have a co-worker who's a big Zenner guy even though he's not a Lions fan. I think it's a 50-50 chance it's for Caste Football reasons.

• Locked thread