Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'm Keven & I say kill them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm Keven & I say kill them all.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Olaf is such a turd of a champion if only because he can just ignore your CC abilities and you just stand there as support wishing you could do something to stop the raging lunatic fatass chucking axes at you incessantly.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

How Rude posted:

Olaf is such a turd of a champion if only because he can just ignore your CC abilities and you just stand there as support wishing you could do something to stop the raging lunatic fatass chucking axes at you incessantly.

exhaust nerf really buffed olaf in this regard

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
can the mods add a special icon to posts made by support mains so i know beforehand to read them out in the voice of martin from the simpsons

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Addamere posted:

yeah but at the same time p2w and microtransactions are synonymous, however incorrectly so, for a great many people and jumping on someone for using one to mean the other is silly when there is a long history of that exact conversation happening a bunch of times in the same thread and almost invariably proceeding and concluding in exactly the same way

Yeah, I agree with you folks confuse the term's meaning. I think it's safe to say at this point he understands he used the wrong term.

But yeah you know how this argument plays out. There's not a lot of untreaded ground in the thread so you can't be too surprised especially at the core most of us posting in here like the game.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Vonnie posted:

Today I play to ram my head into ranked for placements. Wish me luck.

It's going bad, 0/2

First one I got first blood on Malphite, which I should have probably have used to get my Tiamat rather than Dirk, ended up really needing that wave clear.

Second one I lost lane to Yorick, and after a certain point my team was just fine with letting him hang out just outside our base without trying to kill him, so he basically won the match by being ignored forever.

Edit: I am playing Wukong.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
I don't get this argument, tbqh. Why is it so hard to say 'yeah, ok, I was using the wrong term, sry'. It doesn't cost you internet honor or anything.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Lovechop posted:

can the mods add a special icon to posts made by support mains so i know beforehand to read them out in the voice of martin from the simpsons

keep autofilling punk

I'll make you wish you never queued

teleports behind u, flashing mastery 7 on Janna

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Lovechop posted:

There would be so many Martin voices, dude. I know Verv plays toplane, Yashichi mid, Mikujin is whatever YouTube video he saw or the newest champion released and everyone else is a support main

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I play a fair amount of Wizards and Fighters as well but I still play support the best, however since I play with you guys usually I am stuck in the toplane instead.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
An entire page of pedantry
Why

Emotes are cool. I like to spam the surrender flag

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Transient People posted:

I don't get this argument, tbqh. Why is it so hard to say 'yeah, ok, I was using the wrong term, sry'. It doesn't cost you internet honor or anything.

he did say that

people jumped on him before he said it, then he said it, and we are still talking about it after he said it because we are insufferable pedants

its curtains for Kevin posted:

An entire page of pedantry
Why

hell is other goons

Servaetes posted:

There would be so many Martin voices, dude. I know Verv plays toplane, Yashichi mid, Mikujin is whatever YouTube video he saw or the newest champion released and everyone else is a support main

have you know i have been playing quite a bit of mundo lately! and sometimes not even as support :)

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Addamere posted:

hell is other goons

:ironicat:

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Vonnie posted:

It's going bad, 0/2

First one I got first blood on Malphite, which I should have probably have used to get my Tiamat rather than Dirk, ended up really needing that wave clear.

Second one I lost lane to Yorick, and after a certain point my team was just fine with letting him hang out just outside our base without trying to kill him, so he basically won the match by being ignored forever.

Edit: I am playing Wukong.

I got a lucky first blood on a Riven, then the enemy team voted remake.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Servaetes posted:

Hey now. Some of us jungle

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

How Rude posted:

This is why I always take j4 against olaf. If olaf didn't take flash you get to ulti him when he ults, then EQ onto their backline anyway and olaf gets to wander in his tiny rage box getting to do nothing all fight.

edit caveat: this is assuming your dipshit shaco or fizz doesn't decide to jump into the box as well, get stuck, gets instantly 1v1'd by the angry ulting olaf then blames you for it.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There is also the possibility of just using Ardent censer and shielding or healing the ADC as a support regardless of whether there is a nearby olaf no laugh and just hoping for the best like one always does

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Some juicy meltdowns itt

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Addamere posted:

hell is other goons

Cool, taking the high ground despite being a third of the posts

Methanar I just wanted to remind you that you suck at league of legends. Thank you

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I didn't read any of the p2w garbage.

Methanar I just wanted to remind you that you suck at league of legends. Thank you

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

hey come on now. i play adc and jungle. i also play top lane... poorly

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

top lane: jocks
jungle: cool kids
mid lane: goths
marksman: preps
support: nerds/geeks
hard roam: the guys that sniff glue and think 4chan is the funniest poo poo

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I am 1/3, woohoo.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cool, taking the high ground despite being a third of the posts

oh i am absolutely part of the problem, i could have just not jumped on luna and rygar for jumping on that guy and at any point any of the three of us could have stopped responding

are we going to resume talking about that again or move on?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Keeps posting to get the last word

"So are we really going to keep talking about this?"

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I've been bored with my normal top lane champs. Kled, poppy, Sion, etc.. What hot top laner should I play?*

*Note: I don't particularly care if I win.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Garen and Mundo are both pretty simple and fun, and there's always Teemo!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

duck trucker posted:

I've been bored with my normal top lane champs. Kled, poppy, Sion, etc.. What hot top laner should I play?*

Fiora

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who is the girl with the spiky earring on the splash screen? is that supposed to be iron solari leona or is it someone internet famous that i dont recognize

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

duck trucker posted:

Pantheon

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Servaetes posted:

Jungle baby

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

duck trucker posted:

As always, I suggest Kayle. Just don't pick her into Akali.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Vonnie posted:

I am 1/3, woohoo.

2/4 :unsmith: stomped a kayle in lane and ended up with 25 kills.

Edit: Then I end up in a lobby with two dudes who decided to flame the hell out of me for my last two losses, yeah I'll eat the 30min dodge timer to get out of that situation

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 17, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Kevens top laner. Love the feeling of power than can only come from being the biggest boy on the block.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

This thread: you know who's a good top laner? Quinn😍🤑🤑🤣
Keven: oh hell no it's big boy season

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vonnie posted:

2/4 :unsmith: stomped a kayle in lane and ended up with 25 kills.

Edit: Then I end up in a lobby with two dudes who decided to flame the hell out of me for my last two losses, yeah I'll eat the 30min dodge timer to get out of that situation

this is why its worth having at least 2 accounts so you can just no give a single gently caress about dodging assholes

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Addamere posted:

this is why its worth having at least 2 accounts so you can just no give a single gently caress about dodging assholes

I'm not worried about it, I'm just trying to grind out my placements on my days off. It sucks that I didn't have time to correct them though, not that it would have changed much, but they only saw my two losses, not my two wins.

If this were actual matches where LP in on the line, I might be a bit more perturbed by it.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Mid lane: attractive, intelligent individuals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Support will always sweep the brush for you

:wink:

• Locked thread