Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Judging by the last two weeks the final match will end with all wrestlers and the crowd getting washed out the doors by a river of blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gonna be sooooo awkward seeing crowds cheering Sexy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
God drat Taya :stare:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Give me 20 minutes of Dante vs. Pindar plz

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My loving DVR didn't record it. Did Pentagon win?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My loving DVR didn't record it. Did Pentagon win?

He won! It was a very good match.

Good episode, thought the trios match stole the show.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

That close-up shot of Fox' back :stonk:.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Man, I don't think I've ever been as disappointed on a whole-episode basis as I was there. I loved the unlikely trios team and hope they go on to be as big as the first one. But everything else? Ugh. Whoever's producing the matches needs to lay the gently caress off having people waste time outside the goddamn ring. It wrecks the pacing and it wastes these guys' talents on some weak head-bashing bullshit.

I have this problem with LU fairly often but week 3 here was just the worst I've ever seen it. I wanna see some goddamn wrestling.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Vampiro deserves some kind of medal for getting through three seasons of Matt Striker without beating him to death with his headset

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just got caught up on Ultima Lucha Tres to this point - it really sucks that, outside of anything else wrong the promotion has done, the mid-season break completely killed any sense of momentum that anything had going for it. There are really good wrestlers, a lot of fun action and some really stupid stuff (sometimes great, sometimes awful) plus you have Dario who is a fantastic character, but everything just feels like it is winding down as opposed to building up.

The crowd chanting,"HOLY poo poo!" during the Ivelisse/Katrina match, and Dario poking his head out to beam at HIS crowd having a great time/enjoying the bloodshed was such a neat little moment. It reminded me of how happy he was back in season 2 to make $60, while behind him his brother is murdering and tearing limb from limb some dumb college kids :allears:

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Even if Lucha Underground ends, I hope that Dario Cueto will somehow manage to live on in some form.

Are there any other supernaturally- tinged dramas he could show up on?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Taiya carried that match, the trios match was spectacular and it was so incredibly satisfying to see Pentagon Dark finally take some gold.

I hope next week's finale lives up to this, but, man, it's bittersweet seeing all this knowing that it might be the very end of our temple.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I hope next week's finale lives up to this, but, man, it's bittersweet seeing all this knowing that it might be the very end of our temple.

I'm okay with whichever way it goes. I'd like it to go on, but if it doesn't, it lasted three seasons with over a hundred episodes and that's not bad. It feels less like a wrestling promotion going under and more like a writer finishing up a strong run on a comic series.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gavok posted:

I'm okay with whichever way it goes. I'd like it to go on, but if it doesn't, it lasted three seasons with over a hundred episodes and that's not bad. It feels less like a wrestling promotion going under and more like a writer finishing up a strong run on a comic series.

My biggest concern is whether it'll feel like a writer finishing a run or a comic getting cancelled. Like, unless something insane happens with all the tribes, Drago will remain with the Snake tribe and Aerostar will never get his best buddy back. And if Pentagon Dark doesn't follow Son of Havoc's plan, then our best violence boy will be stuck with a shiny title shot. There are enough threads out there that won't be completed, and this Wednesday we'll see the most important ones come to a close or build up for a next year that may or may not happen.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This show really needed more Lorenzo Lamas

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

My biggest concern is whether it'll feel like a writer finishing a run or a comic getting cancelled. Like, unless something insane happens with all the tribes, Drago will remain with the Snake tribe and Aerostar will never get his best buddy back. And if Pentagon Dark doesn't follow Son of Havoc's plan, then our best violence boy will be stuck with a shiny title shot. There are enough threads out there that won't be completed, and this Wednesday we'll see the most important ones come to a close or build up for a next year that may or may not happen.

If LU ends with Pentagon never being champ then LMAO

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That can't happen unless the writers admit they wrote themselves into a home and waive the 1 week promotion rule.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

exploded mummy posted:

That can't happen unless the writers admit they wrote themselves into a home and waive the 1 week promotion rule.

I know but at the same time the show is two hours for 3 matches and I'm like what?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

go back and listen to what Striker said before the GOTG match - paraphrasing, it's "Dario needs sufficient time to promote the match." It's effectively been a one-week rule in the past, but we all know El Jefe gets into fits of blood-lust sometimes...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I know but at the same time the show is two hours for 3 matches and I'm like what?

That's my thought as well. Even with extra time for end-of-the-season storytelling there's more than enough space for a fourth match when PENTAGON FINALLY WINS DAMMIT. :ohdear:

No matter what happens, I'm glad that this show existed. When I came back to wrestling two years ago I was just perusing the WWE's materials. LU expanded my horizons, and next thing I know I'm going regularly to the big indy promotion in Chicago to see Penta, Fenix, Cage, Strickland, etc. Don't know if I would have done that if it weren't for this show that's at times too beautiful for this world.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What's everyone's one favorite moment from this show? The single moment when you'll back on this and be like "god that the best."

For me, it's gotta be Matanza debuting and cleaning house at Aztec Warfare 2. Normally as a smark fan you'd be annoyed at the new guy coming in and burying the whole roster, but the way they booked that (and Jeff Cobb killing it in the role) made it such an amazing "holy poo poo" moment.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Benne posted:

What's everyone's one favorite moment from this show? The single moment when you'll back on this and be like "god that the best."

For me, it's gotta be Matanza debuting and cleaning house at Aztec Warfare 2. Normally as a smark fan you'd be annoyed at the new guy coming in and burying the whole roster, but the way they booked that (and Jeff Cobb killing it in the role) made it such an amazing "holy poo poo" moment.

For me, it's this:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

In all seriousness it was from (I think) episode 1 of season 2, right at the end. Dario is in hiding with his brother and assistant, trying to prepare to return to the Temple and retake control. He lets three dumb college dudes go into see some "real underground fighting" but makes sure they pay him $20 bucks each before the go. The twist is that THEY are the victims for Matanza, who murders them as part of his practise for fighting. That's not the important part though - the important part is Dario gleefully counting his $60 while we can hear that happening in the background. He doesn't have bloodlust, he doesn't want revenge... he's a promoter, and he is never happier than when people are willingly hand over money to him. That it is "only" sixty bucks makes it even better, because the amount doesn't even matter to him, it's just the fact he got these guys to pay him cash.

It's perfect :allears:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It would be a fitting end to it to be honest.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Benne posted:

The montage at the end of the first season. It's such a perfect look at where things have come to and where things will go if there was to be a second season.

- As Dario and Lotus run off from the Temple, giving it a reason to go on hiatus, we're shown a portion of Matanza's face for the first time. The true payoff would have to wait for another day.

- Fenix has his Gift of the Gods title, the one true piece of hope in an otherwise pessimistic finale. Even still, King Cuerno is intent on hunting him down.

- Marty has gone from excited weirdo fanboy to full-on psychopath by kidnapping Sexy Star and announcing the coming of his sister.

- Son of Havoc shows that despite their loss, he's become stronger as a team with former enemies Angelico and Ivelisse.

- Former rivals Aerostar and Drago shake hands as friends before flying off into the night in the form of a dragon and a human rocket.

- Pentagon Jr. has finally found where he belongs, but the reveal of Vampiro as his master is only the beginning of his adventure.

- El Dragon Azteca Jr. finally takes up the mantle of his dead mentor and sprays a giant question mark onto a billboard, promising two additions -- new and old -- to the roster in the second season.

- That creepy-rear end final shot of Dario Cueto leaving the Temple as it closes down and glows red. At first, the whole thing seems to bring him pain and disappointment, but then he smiles as if this is all going to work out in his favor.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Benne posted:

Nunchuck fight. I'm not sure if it's the bathroom three-way or the match itself.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Benne posted:

Jack Evans exclaiming to the crowd, without a microphone, "Ivelisse says she's the baddest bitch in the building. Everyone knows... I'M THE BADDEST BITCH IN THE BUILDING"!

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

It's not my favorite, but I got a kick out of Mascarita Segrada and Son of Havoc enjoying a plate of Bagel Bites together in Havoc's mom's basement.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Jack Evans rolling down the loving stairs in Aztec Warfare 2

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

For me, it's this:

This might be mine too.

Most of Dante Fox's matches were also just awesome to see. But id say Pentagon Dark vs the triad was one of my favorite moments for my favorite character.

Also just Dario making matanza get revenge.... In Episode 100 of Lucha Underground. Love Dario putting the show above all.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Aztec Warfare 2.
Mundo's Ironman matches.
Every segment where someone visits Dario's office.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

JamMasterJim posted:

Every segment where someone visits Dario's office.

I remember when in the gif thread, someone posted a moment where Dario was talking to someone in his office and it dramatically zoomed in on Black Lotus secretly watching him through the window. That, of all things, was what convinced Jerusalem to finally give the show a shot.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pretty much everything with Jack Evans was gold. Season 3 was really hurt by the jaw injury limiting what he could do.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gavok posted:

The montage at the end of the first season. It's such a perfect look at where things have come to and where things will go if there was to be a second season.
It's definitely a great summary and Drago flying away is a wonderful :wtc: moment. My favorite is not a specific moment, but the whole Ivelisse/Son of Havoc/Angelico storyline. If I have to be specific, I'd say the first Grave Consequences.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

If we have to be even more specific, Fenix trying a dive and getting hit in the face with an entire casket in the first Grave Consequences.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I also loved the running gag of someone getting thrown through Dario's window and he'd come out to survey the damage, like "damnit, I just fixed that window 2 weeks ago." But he'll always smile because he loves the violence anyway.

I hope Luis Fernandez-Gil gets some cool acting gigs out of this, his Dario performance deserves to be a true breakout.

Benne fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 18, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

My favorite moment was the entire Angelio/SoH/Ivelisse vs. Crew match after the Trios Tournament final.

It just felt so good to have a ragtag group of babyfaces that didn't even remotely like each other work together against ever-rising odds and, at the toughest moment, sacrifice it all for one another and stand triumphant.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!
I attended the 4DX screening of the finale yesterday. It's a pretty solid show, and nobody from El Rey touched on any Season 4 rumors or news, even though the head of the network was there. It was pretty cool to see the finale in 4DX, however, as the chairs swayed and rumbled with each bump. Got a little overwhelming by the end, however. I think people will be happy with this episode.

And I got a free water bottle out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Is Taya the best female brawler in all of wrestling right now? She carried Sexy Star like crazy in that match.

Here's another absolute brawl with Taya and Hamada from earlier this year. I think it got an HM in the nomination thread https://youtu.be/7RLVLarH9KY

• Locked thread