Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Oh gently caress YES YOU GET TO KILL KLANSMEN!

Not even spoiling that, that's something I want shouted from the mountaintops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Hiiiiitleeeeeer!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CommissarMega posted:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

CommissarMega posted:

:bisonyes:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

just gonna go through that setpiece and then quickload over and over

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
that was also my reaction from the trailer

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Get Psyched!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Kinda want to pick up The Old Blood to tide me over until Colossus. How'd yall like it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's okay, the first level makes a poor impression but it gets better after that, never quite reaches the heights of TNO though and the weapons are a bit boring since it's all just WW2 stuff. And the boss fight at the end suuuuucked but that's no different than TNO.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Deified Data posted:

Kinda want to pick up The Old Blood to tide me over until Colossus. How'd yall like it?

I liked everything outside of the final fight, which basically exists to illustrate why you can't just copy-paste a third-person action game boss into a fps.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has there ever been an FPS that has bosses and they didn't suck?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Sakurazuka posted:

Doom 2016 won't win any awards for its boss design but they didn't suck

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sakurazuka posted:

Maybe Portal/Portal 2 and some of the HL/HL2 bosses but those were kind of unique, especially both Portals and HL2 since they made use of the centerpiece gimmick of the game.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Sakurazuka posted:

Bulletstorm had that plant boss fight which actually worked out pretty well, and felt mechanically similar to something you might see from a third person adventure title. But hey, I'm one of those weirdos who really liked Bulletstorm.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sakurazuka posted:

It's okay, the first level makes a poor impression but it gets better after that, never quite reaches the heights of TNO though and the weapons are a bit boring since it's all just WW2 stuff.
?

The weapons are basically the same in functionality as TNO's, and the rocket pistol's even making a return in the new one. Generally though, I do think that nu-Wolfenstein has been lacking somewhat when it comes to weapon design, automatik flak guns obviously excluded.

Sakurazuka posted:

I thought Shadow Warrior's bosses were cool. Less so SW2's.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Deified Data posted:

It is not as good as TNO obviously, being an expansion. It doesn't have any of the cutscenes TNO did to add to its characters, relying entirely on voices over in game animation (and not as much as that either), several small "wave" combat arenas from the separate score attack mode pop in the main game and never feel right (that's not all there is though), and first gameplay section can be tedious.

However if you liked the shooting of TNO and want a short homage to Return to Castle Wolfenstein there's still plenty to enjoy. BJ and friends (and the main Nazis) get just enough character work to make things enjoyable beyond the combat and you eventually shoot your way through a city of zombies, Nazis, and Nazi zombies with a double barrel shotgun alongside a great soundtrack and some wicked ambiance.

Also holy poo poo they're actually bringing in Hitler.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Sakurazuka posted:

It's okay, the first level makes a poor impression but it gets better after that, never quite reaches the heights of TNO though and the weapons are a bit boring since it's all just WW2 stuff. And the boss fight at the end suuuuucked but that's no different than TNO.

Olaric is blind. Don't make sounds and he won't attack you. Use only explosives which are much easier to fool his sound tracking. If you stay quiet, he'll kill all the nazi mooks that run in because they're dumb and shoot guns.

LordAbaddon posted:

Doom 2016 won't win any awards for its boss design but they didn't suck

Doom 2016 is Metroid Prime in more ways than one.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sick Hitler, does mean we could get a loving mecha hitler boss fight in this game? Oh please oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Sakurazuka posted:

Wolfenstein3D :colbert:

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Deakul posted:

Sick Hitler, does mean we could get a loving mecha hitler boss fight in this game? Oh please oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

in interviews they seemed pretty clear that if there will be a showdown with Hitler it would probably be in game 3

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Looking forward to Hitler rolling around, looking like FDR with a mustache.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Looking forward to Hitler rolling around, looking like FDR with a mustache.

This is probably a good segue to recommend that everyone watch the movie FDR: American Badass.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm looking forward to some sweet klansman murder gifs almost as much as i am the actual game

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I'm so loving pumped for this game. Release day can't come soon enough.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Pendent posted:

It is tremendously amusing to me that these alt-right guys are everything they accuse leftists as being re:snowflakes, safe spaces etc.

Yeah. I mean poo poo, Fight Club started that and it was making fun of the people lapping it up as gospel the whole time.

I'm pretty sure it's this from the Dredd soundtrack.

anyway I'ma need a doctor to treat my raging priapism cause holy gently caress I get to kill nazis and the klan?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Capn Beeb posted:

anyway I'ma need a doctor to treat my raging priapism cause holy gently caress I get to kill nazis and the klan?

whats the difference am i right

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

eonwe posted:

whats the difference am i right
The Klan has terrible fashion sense.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Rated A for killing Nazis and Klansmen

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

this has to be trolling

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Make America Nazi Free Again

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Taintrunner posted:

Make America Nazi Free Again

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

SirSamVimes posted:

this has to be trolling

Tell me you have a link. I'm compelled to respond with "get hosed, Nazi trash". Yeah yeah don't touch the poop, etc, but sometimes you just gotta tell a Nazi to gently caress themselves, you know?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

SirSamVimes posted:

this has to be trolling

I don't doubt that he means every word of it, but there's probably a counterpoint to be made in that he thought the best place to air those opinions was by writing a short essay as a YouTube comment.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Tell me you have a link. I'm compelled to respond with "get hosed, Nazi trash". Yeah yeah don't touch the poop, etc, but sometimes you just gotta tell a Nazi to gently caress themselves, you know?

Sadly you can't embed gifs in Youtube replies because I think the proper reply is "Let me just axe you a few questions about your viewpoint" with BJ axe murdering a Nazi.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the tears leading up to this have been sweet

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

eonwe posted:

the tears leading up to this have been sweet

The best part is that even Bethesda is leaning into it and being like "yeah it's a game about massacring whole hordes of nazis, in lots of different and violent ways, what of it" to the point where their own page about weapons includes a "Defeat 'em with reasoned debate" section that's basically "yeah nope gently caress that, moving on to THE PANZERHUND"

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Xenomrph posted:

It's in the comments of the launch trailer.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The Klan has terrible fashion sense.

Can't top Hugo Boss on that front!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It seemed like at first the response to their Twitter made Bethesda a little timid (remember they said their was no political intention in the ad campaign), but now they've fully doubled down on it and it's awesome. Then again, supporting Nazis is not a loving political opinion. Goddamn I hate a majority of gamer culture, no wonder game devs think their audience is toxic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

I think the best response would simply be a link to a scan of your receipt for the game.

Also