Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Tei posted:

Really good question.

I wonder how fast people will levelup in the PC. I guess for the ubermench it will take a single game session to get to level 20. Getting to a decent light level is somewhat time gated, because you need powerfull engrams (whatever are called) but I have learn to never understimate the most hardcore.

I think it's all systems go on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Argas posted:

I can't wait to receive my key from GMG a day before release.

Oh goddammit

Well I took Wednesday to Friday off, even with crap Australian Internet I should still be able to download the game within half a day.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Just one week left.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

One hotdog. One love. PC Only. Join below.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=2540311

Stay gold, ponyboys.

I just sent a request as Spuzzz if you still have room.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Spuzzz posted:

I just sent a request as Spuzzz if you still have room.

Sure do. Got 21 spots remaining. Fill it up.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Stay gold, ponyboys.

Sent a request as Sizzlebeef.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Applied as Orvidos, provided Bungie.net is looking at the right thing.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Applied as hayaiqkqbavafq on PC

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This is exciting! I haven’t played an online game at launch since D3 and definitely didn’t start playing with people for years...

I cannot wait to make space wizard friends!

So let’s get down to brass tacks...

What is your snack plan?

I’m gonna need like 4 gallons of unsweetened iced tea (soda makes me sleepy) and some combination of:

Pizza rolls
Bagels//shmear
Chicken lo Mein or Pad Thai
Some kind of ruffled chips

That should cover me as I do my best to play video games for 40 hours in a row. I’ve never taken a weekend before and I’m excited to emulate the stereotypes I’ve been intentionally avoiding for once.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

This is exciting! I haven’t played an online game at launch since D3 and definitely didn’t start playing with people for years...

I cannot wait to make space wizard friends!

So let’s get down to brass tacks...

What is your snack plan?

I’m gonna need like 4 gallons of unsweetened iced tea (soda makes me sleepy) and some combination of:

Pizza rolls
Bagels//shmear
Chicken lo Mein or Pad Thai
Some kind of ruffled chips

That should cover me as I do my best to play video games for 40 hours in a row. I’ve never taken a weekend before and I’m excited to emulate the stereotypes I’ve been intentionally avoiding for once.

It consists of hotdogs and rockstar and pop tarts while wearing my Density 2 yellow socks.

I am ready.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Bust Rodd posted:

What is your snack plan?

I have a box of reese's pieces, dawg. When this game launches I am going to go to town on those bad boys.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It consists of hotdogs and rockstar and pop tarts while wearing my Density 2 yellow socks.

I am ready.

Is this an accurate simulation?

I forgot the rockst*r™, sorry.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Can I still preorder this on the cheap anywhere or is GMG's 5% discount the best available now? I should have held my preorder at Amazon.. :smith:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nuebot posted:

I have a box of reese's pieces, dawg. When this game launches I am going to go to town on those bad boys.

Is this an accurate simulation?

I forgot the rockst*r™, sorry.

The rockstar is the fluids

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Reminder that I'm a cool dude and will gladly help anyone new to the series when PC launches get comfortable with how poo poo works. ICR can confirm.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

explosivo posted:

Can I still preorder this on the cheap anywhere or is GMG's 5% discount the best available now? I should have held my preorder at Amazon.. :smith:

It's Monday.

The weekend is over.

Let's salvage this situation with a 10% off voucher.

Promotion code: SUCHWOW10

e: Oh that's from a GMG e-mail, use it there for 15% off, but the e-mail says "Up to 19% off Destiny 2" so..?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Well, 15% works. :cheers:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
The Nvidia Destiny 2 promo is back up, until November 29th. Buy a 1080 or 1080ti, get the game for free.

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/destiny-2-geforce-gtx-bundle-last-chance?ncid=so-twi-dn2bl-24398

There's also a new graphic settings guide for the game by Nvidia as well, and includes comparison screenshots;

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/destiny-2-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
My secret hope is for all the secrets the dataminers will find in the Destiny files.

Destiny uses a interesting architecture where every mission of the game is really part of a big open world but also a instance.... this means that you can sort of visit the deeps of some mission, that usually is beyond a closed door, if you managed to glitch the door. Future content already exist in the map, sort of, theres always areas you are not supposed to visit, but glitching walls you can enter and explore. These areas don't have the scripts that spawn special enemies or dialog options, but they have the architecture and a few mobs.

In Destiny 1, this had a extra special level. There was 3 exotic weapons quests that where hidden in parts of a mission you would not do, or doing something you will not do. The world was like a giant ARG, with secrets stuff waiting for a normal player to find by doing something crazy, like shooting a pair of blinking lights, or trying to glitch inside a hidden room.

When you play Destiny, you want to be the first to do something uber and amazing. Like be the first to jump the hellgate in the moon. These moments are rare and precious, and none of them has happened in Destiny 2 ..... yet.

I hope you guys have with Destiny 2 has much fun I had with Destiny 1.

Wellcome! :D

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I’ve got Tuesday through Friday off. Let’s do this.

(Friday will probably involve me playing AC Origins all day but Tuesday-Thursday, I’m in Hotdog clan)

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Tei posted:

I wonder how fast people will levelup in the PC. I guess for the ubermench it will take a single game session to get to level 20. Getting to a decent light level is somewhat time gated, because you need powerfull engrams (whatever are called) but I have learn to never understimate the most hardcore.

Are loot caves still a thing in Destiny 2?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Hungry Computer posted:

Are loot caves still a thing in Destiny 2?

The loot cave is now doing public events and turning them heroic (something that can be fun and epic). Theres not really a need for loot caves because the game has disengaged itself from grind.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The Nvidia Destiny 2 promo is back up, until November 29th. Buy a 1080 or 1080ti, get the game for free.

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/destiny-2-geforce-gtx-bundle-last-chance?ncid=so-twi-dn2bl-24398

There's also a new graphic settings guide for the game by Nvidia as well, and includes comparison screenshots;

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/destiny-2-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide

Note that the promo almost certainly isn't available if you order the card through Amazon.com.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I bought a 1060 for Destiny 2. I wonder how many GPUs Nvidia is selling due to this dumb space wizard game?

Looks I am going to be comfortable just click 'highest' settings and going to town. Well worth the $.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
I never played the beta, is the enemy AI different from consoles? I would guess they should be more aggressive and accurate since you have better mobility on PC. Is there a list of changes between versions that goes deeper than the graphics?

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
now i dont know if i should cancel my d2 preorder and and get a 1080 + d2 or keep my preorder and buy a 1080ti when they come out

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Glans Dillzig posted:

now i dont know if i should cancel my d2 preorder and and get a 1080 + d2 or keep my preorder and buy a 1080ti when they come out

Depending on what card you have I'd hold off. The 1080ti is merely middle of the line for 4k gaming at high settings @ 60+ fps. Wait for the 11 or 12 series if you can for a card that's more future-proof. Ignore this advice if your current card is a 7 or 8 series.

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Dietrich posted:

Depending on what card you have I'd hold off. The 1080ti is merely middle of the line for 4k gaming at high settings @ 60+ fps. Wait for the 11 or 12 series if you can for a card that's more future-proof. Ignore this advice if your current card is a 7 or 8 series.

760 binch

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

El Chingon posted:

I never played the beta, is the enemy AI different from consoles? I would guess they should be more aggressive and accurate since you have better mobility on PC. Is there a list of changes between versions that goes deeper than the graphics?
When I played the beta on both PC and console the AI didn't seem any different. But I played console with Xim4 and while mouse/kb could be a bit easier in general, enemies can still be very challenging. Also there are many parts of the full game where you get a LOT of mobs coming at you.

Also they are going to balance pc & console separately anyway. I wouldn't be too worried about the game being easy on PC.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Alright I'm $200 gayer for me/girlfriend, I'm psyched.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

im gonna shoot things again

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Glans Dillzig posted:

As previous goons already said it depends.

I currently have a 1080Ti and play at 1440p and couldn't be happier, since I consider 1440 to be the golden middle-road for the time.

If you look at a new game like Shadow of War, then a 1080Ti won't be enough to comfortably play at 4K with Ultra details and constant 60fps.

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

knickerbocker expert
i'm extremely gay and meant 1070ti, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Glans Dillzig posted:

i'm extremely gay and meant 1070ti, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Congratulations on being fabulous and get that 1070ti queen.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

4k is dumb (right now).

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Stay gold, ponyboys.

Applied as HoratioJones. Will enjoy shooting things and letting my team down repeatedly and with great force.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Vintersorg posted:

4k is dumb (right now).

Personally I can't wait until 4k is the new standard and we all have to upgrade to dual 1190tis or whatever and game downloads are 300 gigs

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Vintersorg posted:

4k is dumb (right now).

I feel like a peasant for only having a 22inch 1080 monitor

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Spanish Manlove posted:

I feel like a peasant for only having a 22inch 1080 monitor

The most important thing is having a monitor that will fit nicely on your desk and allow you to see the whole thing without turning your head at your standard viewing distance. After that, you want g-sync or free-sync and a video card that will pump out 80-90 fps at that resolution. After that, you want to worry about 1080p vs 1440p vs 4k, but honestly a) you're not seeing jaggies at 1080p most of the time and b) the 4k experience on a 20-24 inch screen kinda sucks right now because apps don't universally scale all that well. It's getting better, but waiting another couple of years gives developers time to catch up and video cards that can drive 4k at 80-90fps time to get affordable.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

DrNutt posted:

Personally I can't wait until 4k is the new standard and we all have to upgrade to dual 1190tis or whatever and game downloads are 300 gigs

and our bandwidth caps are still 1tb

Dietrich posted:

The most important thing is having a monitor that will fit nicely on your desk and allow you to see the whole thing without turning your head at your standard viewing distance. After that, you want g-sync or free-sync and a video card that will pump out 80-90 fps at that resolution. After that, you want to worry about 1080p vs 1440p vs 4k, but honestly a) you're not seeing jaggies at 1080p most of the time and b) the 4k experience on a 20-24 inch screen kinda sucks right now because apps don't universally scale all that well. It's getting better, but waiting another couple of years gives developers time to catch up and video cards that can drive 4k at 80-90fps time to get affordable.

going to have to give that a hard pass and tell people not to do this. Do not waste the extra 200-300 dollars the monitor costs to get gsync. I did and I do not notice the difference. In fact I currently have to have gsync turned off because if I turn it on my netflix or youtube videos i'll watch when playing other games stutter. Also it bugs out and sometimes when i come home after RDPing into my computer and start up a game its capped at 20 fps until I turn off gsync.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Holyshoot posted:

and our bandwidth caps are still 1tb

data is a finite thing and our internet providers must carefully ration it lest we run out in early 2022.

• Locked thread