Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly not sure whether this belongs here, in Idiots on Social Media, or the dumb marketing thread.

There's an advert running on SA at the moment for a book called The Planet Builders. The first line of the description, "They said he could never build a planet according to libertarian principles and free-trade," was enough to put me off, but the author bio is something else:

Please tell me that this is a forums joke I don't know about and not that there's someone who genuinely includes "I've edited articles on Wikipedia" in their author bio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

Honestly not sure whether this belongs here, in Idiots on Social Media, or the dumb marketing thread.

There's an advert running on SA at the moment for a book called The Planet Builders. The first line of the description, "They said he could never build a planet according to libertarian principles and free-trade," was enough to put me off, but the author bio is something else:

Please tell me that this is a forums joke I don't know about and not that there's someone who genuinely includes "I've edited articles on Wikipedia" in their author bio.

:ssh: it's another weird project by a starwar betamax

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Oh thank Christ for that.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Psychobabble! posted:

Taken at an alt right rally. The fupa is a clear sign of his racial superiority.

why is that called a fupa?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

hosed Up Penis Awning

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

front upper pussy area :colbert:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
ITT, forum users Burt Sexual and text me a vag pic ponder over the meaning of fat upper pussy area.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

flabby ugly pouch abdomen

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Comptroll The Forums posted:

ITT, forum users Burt Sexual and text me a vag pic ponder over the meaning of fat upper pussy area.

i thought that was a gunt on a chick :shrug:

Jerry Cotton posted:

hosed Up Penis Awning

goin with this

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
My bad on mixing up my terminology. I've always heard it as Fat Upper Pubic Area, and when I Googled to check, that was the first result (on urban dictionary, naturally) so I thought I was in the clear :shrug:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Psychobabble! posted:

My bad on mixing up my terminology. I've always heard it as Fat Upper Pubic Area, and when I Googled to check, that was the first result (on urban dictionary, naturally) so I thought I was in the clear :shrug:

No, that's correct. Fupa is applicable to all genders, it's just "fat upper pussy area" for people with pussies and "fat upper pubic area" for people with wangs.

That gentleman, however, has a Dunlop (his belly "done lop" over his schlong) or a Dickie-Do (his belly sticks out more than his dickie do). A fupa is when the fat area is largest at the pubis.

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.

AlbieQuirky posted:

No, that's correct. Fupa is applicable to all genders, it's just "fat upper pussy area" for people with pussies and "fat upper pubic area" for people with wangs.

That gentleman, however, has a Dunlop (his belly "done lop" over his schlong) or a Dickie-Do (his belly sticks out more than his dickie do). A fupa is when the fat area is largest at the pubis.

Why are there words for this? Why do people know this?!

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
You left off thanertits, as in "her gut sticks out further thanertits."

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

AlbieQuirky posted:

A fascinating early morning linguistics lesson!

In other AUG news: http://time.com/4985655/veronica-green-posey-child-killed/

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ashnjack posted:

God bless A-me-ri-caaaa

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Psychobabble! posted:

Taken at an alt right rally. The fupa is a clear sign of his racial superiority.

They're learning. They now hide their missing chins under nasty-rear end giant beards.

Also, is that a bicycle helmet?

ashnjack posted:

Welcome! I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. Settle in, grab a drink, you're among friends now.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ExecuDork posted:

They're learning. They now hide their missing chins under nasty-rear end giant beards.

Welcome! I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. Settle in, grab a drink, you're among friends now.

Rock climbing helmet. its how he spends his other weekends.

I wish I could read what's on his vest.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

Rock climbing helmet. its how he spends his other weekends.
It looked like the helmets they put on little kids to help reshape their skulls. Which would explain a lot.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Hirayuki posted:

It looked like the helmets they put on little kids to help reshape their skulls. Which would explain a lot.
I thought those helmets were because disabled children fall down a lot or engage in self harm?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

AlbieQuirky posted:

Whoopi Goldberg and Ted Danson were dating at the time. God knows what either of them were thinking. Roger Ebert certainly didn't.

I think she knew she wanted to dump him and ruin his career in one fell swoop. Good strategy on her part

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Panfilo posted:

I thought those helmets were because disabled children fall down a lot or engage in self harm?
I was trying not to say that, so thank you for bringing it up. :D

But this is what I meant: https://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/conditions/Cleft-Craniofacial/Pages/Baby-Helmet-Therapy-Parent-FAQs.aspx
(though apparently it doesn't do a whole lot)

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Burt Sexual posted:

Whatsa fupa wit you???

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Always shoot a (literal) nazi in their gut.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

A student gave a presentation today about celiac disease and not only said that Roundup causes it but kept referring to Roundup as a GMO.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is RoundupTM Bad or is it just bad?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Picnic Princess posted:

A student gave a presentation today about celiac disease and not only said that Roundup causes it but kept referring to Roundup as a GMO.

I'm assuming you gave them a C and then scolded the parents for writing their paper for them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There is literally 100% no way it can be Good.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's good if you don't want weeds on your sidewalk.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's good if you don't want weeds on your sidewalk.

Yeah but food crops <> sidewalk.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

ExecuDork posted:

Nah there was a photo of a some US guy (contractor maybe) with an amazing beard during the Iraq war and that's kind of stuck since.

Also looks like a generic skateboard helmet, kind of like this one.
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Protec_Classic_CPSC_Helmet/descpage-PCCGBHM.html

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

I feel like I've learned a lot today.

So I was checking some old wordpress site I have and i didn't realize that this thread has started writing its own spambots

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

text me a vag pic posted:

I feel like I've learned a lot today.

So I was checking some old wordpress site I have and i didn't realize that this thread has started writing its own spambots

This is basically the Internet equivalent of finding ants on a piece of food you left out.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Barry Bluejeans posted:

This is basically the Internet equivalent of finding ants on a piece of food you left out.

flatearther ants! That happierabroad site looks like a goldmine tho:

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

im p sure the russain bride thing falls apart when you dont have any american money, and you also go there to get one

also water is totally dry. the jew media wants you to believe water is wet! come be the 8th visitor to my website and get a free sad letter of apology from me personaly

e; i could actually be wrong about weighing the value of the dollar against a marriage visa but...

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Parts Kit posted:

Nah there was a photo of a some US guy (contractor maybe) with an amazing beard during the Iraq war and that's kind of stuck since.

Also looks like a generic skateboard helmet, kind of like this one.
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Protec_Classic_CPSC_Helmet/descpage-PCCGBHM.html

Someone told him to be mil he had to buy a Team Wendy helmet, got confused and ate at Wendy's and bought some kid skater's helmet.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

ashnjack posted:

id always heard it called a gunt but i suppose that's more chick specific

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Slugnoid posted:

id always heard it called a gunt but i suppose that's more chick specific

You have me on ignore whhhhhyyy?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

This video should be posted on every page. It's a Finnish metal band really getting into the root of metal.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I'm not justifying that fat redneck wearing one, but I can tell where the popular image comes from.

In lot of Special operations, the heavy kevlar helmets of 80s and early 90s were too heavy, and the operators rarely needed protection from bullets, but more from impacts during rappel, climbing, driving vehicles, and all kinds of flying poo poo and rubble, and getting in and around shoddy buildings.
Thus, operators just wore regular skateboard helmets to get all the other benefits of a helmet besides the bullet and high speed shrapnel resistance.

It's been in iconic movies, too. There are pictures from all kinds of countries with their skateboard helmet, and the skateboard company Pro-Tec is the one that sold most of them for special operations forces in eighties originally, and why "protec helmet" became the synonym for any supermarket bought sports helmet worn by operators. Only very recently did the sports gear companies sell them in sand and khaki. For most of their SoF service, the helmets were first black, then often painted sand with Krylon paint.

To this day, SEALs issue a regular no poo poo Pro-Tec skateboard helmet in BUD/S training.

The Pro-Tec Water Sports helmet is used to this day by many boarding teams, though modern helmets like Airframe are slowly replacing it.

Some of them were used well into the 2000s. Nowadays, Airframe helmets, and some MICH 2002 and 2001 helmets are lightweight and unintrusive enough so that ballistic protection is not a sacrifice that you have to make.

OPS Core FAST, and Airframe are examples of modern light weight helmets. The Airframe is light, has plenty of wiggle room, is comfortable and stable, mounts extra accessories, but is also ballistic:

Here is a good blogspot that does a fast recap of the history of skateboard helmets on heads of special operators. It's where I ripped the pics, too.
http://futurewarstories.blogspot.it/2012/05/fws-topics-pro-tech-helmet-and-special.html

Vahakyla has a new favorite as of 19:40 on Oct 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Come for the AUG, stay for the awesome informative posts on modern military head gear!

• Locked thread