Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Lol this is the dumbest thing I've ever googled for the dumbest reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Buzkashi posted:

Lol this is the dumbest thing I've ever googled for the dumbest reason

I don't believe you.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

People are legitimately shocked to find out they weight that much.

People also forget that it's not simply water and go "right, makes sense then" when you remind them of it.

Never mind that 5 gallons of water is also over 40 pounds to begin with.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
He got arms like french fries, for him its like lifting himself above his head.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A gallon of water weighs a little over 8 pounds. There are definitely some goons who would struggle with 5 gallons of soda syrup.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
https://i.imgur.com/vifJwSo.mp4

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

chitoryu12 posted:

A gallon of water weighs a little over 8 pounds. There are definitely some goons who would struggle with 5 gallons of soda syrup.

Yup and barring some disability I think that is pretty funny

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

Lifting or drinking?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

TKIY posted:

Lifting or drinking?

First the one, then the other.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

chitoryu12 posted:

Do they mandate leather soles? There's dress shoes with low profile rubber soles out there.

We have to supply our own shoes + black suit trousers so of course everyone just buys what's cheapest.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ak Gara posted:

We have to supply our own shoes + black suit trousers so of course everyone just buys what's cheapest.

I know the Payless Shoes around me sells some slip resistant shoes that pass as dress shoes for cheap. They're not fantastic, and probably won't fool anybody who's paying very close attention, but if what's cheapest passes, then these probably will too.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://i.imgur.com/EkHf52e.gifv

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Boy, I really can't think of a worse way for this to end for this guy besides death. Doing dumb poo poo only to run into a cop will never not be funny to me.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

SpacePig posted:

Boy, I really can't think of a worse way for this to end for this guy besides death. Doing dumb poo poo only to run into a cop will never not be funny to me.

My personal head-canon, based on the schoolbus and the edge of a sign, is that this was a teen outside of school.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Thats gotta be some important person's kid. Thats diplomatic immunity levels of impudence right there.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

target_fixation.gif

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Comments indicate that it’s a mentally ill woman who was singing hymns when they pulled her from the car after she later flipped it.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Comments indicate that it’s a mentally ill woman who was singing hymns when they pulled her from the car after she later flipped it.

http://myfox8.com/2015/10/09/family-of-nc-woman-accused-of-ramming-police-cars-singing-about-jesus-was-off-meds-family-says/

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, I looked it up after you posted this, and found the same article EE posted. That's a bit more sad now.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
At the bottom of that article.

http://myfox8.com/2017/07/12/mom-accused-of-leaving-son-in-hot-car-says-police-car-is-too-hot-on-way-to-jail/

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

High school students in Australia are doing their final exams and a bunch of English students took a real disliking to a particular poem by an indigenous poet they had to analyse as part of their exam and decided to memelord the gently caress out of it on social media, comparing the author to a chimpanzee at a typewriter, calling her a coon and an abo and apparently some even sent abusive messages to her directly. The posts were publicly viewable.

So that's not going well for them.
I'm regularly astonished that people in situations like these tend to double down and insist they did nothing wrong. If thousands of people on the internet are screaming at you that you've done something lovely, maybe consider the possibility that they're right.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

trickybiscuits posted:

I'm regularly astonished that people in situations like these tend to double down and insist they did nothing wrong. If thousands of people on the internet are screaming at you that you've done something lovely, maybe consider the possibility that they're right.

Nah, they can't possibly be right. They're just forcing this false narrative to push whatever agenda could possibly be gained from calling a bunch of high school seniors really awful racists.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I'm intrigued whether the guy who couldn't quite decide whether to hold his gun or shove it back into his pants was a cop or not. He looked like he was just some bystander with concealed carry, pissed off that he was in traffic and wanted to go have a look see.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

trickybiscuits posted:

They're stupid kids.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

On this season of The Walking Dead: Carl loses an eye.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

iospace posted:

I work at a job like this. Non-slips are your friends and many places will flat out deny you compensation if you slip and fall without them.
At the fast food place I worked at years ago part of why they were so insistent was the company they got the shoes from also gave them some kind of "insurance" like policy, if we slipped with their shoes that company would pay so our employer's rear end would be covered.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://i.imgur.com/gF72Xn9.gifv

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Parts Kit posted:

At the fast food place I worked at years ago part of why they were so insistent was the company they got the shoes from also gave them some kind of "insurance" like policy, if we slipped with their shoes that company would pay so our employer's rear end would be covered.

Did you have to pay for them or get them for free/reduced price?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

iospace posted:

People are legitimately shocked to find out they weight that much.

People also forget that it's not simply water and go "right, makes sense then" when you remind them of it.

Never mind that 5 gallons of water is also over 40 pounds to begin with.

Schartenfreude is on you guys still using the Imperial system of all loving things. Embrace the metric dark side, where one litre of water weighs one kilogram.

"Gee I wonder how much this 20-litre bottle of diabeetus syrup weighs..." yes I am aware that syrup is heavier than water

Extra bonus, there's 1000 metres to the kilometre, so you don't have to worry about how many feet there are in a rood or how many hogsheads in a mile!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Weatherman posted:

Schartenfreude is on you guys still using the Imperial system of all loving things. Embrace the metric dark side, where one litre of water weighs one kilogram.

"Gee I wonder how much this 20-litre bottle of diabeetus syrup weighs..." yes I am aware that syrup is heavier than water

Extra bonus, there's 1000 metres to the kilometre, so you don't have to worry about how many feet there are in a rood or how many hogsheads in a mile!

Yeah, it sucks. Funny enough, I did my initial calculations on the basis that 1 ml (or cm3) of water weighs one gram and went from there.

(yeah I could have looked it up. Schad is on me for that one)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Renegade Shepherd was always the best.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/lQ9psML.mp4

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

iospace posted:

One of the restaurants I worked in did a group order for a reduced price once, but generally you're paying for them yourself at whatever price you can find it at.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

iospace posted:

Had to pay for them, but I think they were cheaper if the manager ordered them. Which she did for everyone.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Weatherman posted:

How much does a kilogram weigh?

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Byzantine posted:

A million milligrams

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Byzantine posted:

About 2.2 pounds.

Schadenfreude is on people who don't realize Google has a conversion tool.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Byzantine posted:

Some arbitrary value set by the French.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

iospace posted:

Some arbitrary value set by the French.

Namely, a fraction of Marie Antoinette' right buttock.