Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Bell_ posted:

I love how versatile the Switch is. The mega-Vita portable mode feels like a go-to for simple RPGs and the like, even when a TV is available. Splatoon 2 or BotW on the other hand begs for the TV.

How many of you use the controllers disconnected like the next generation of the Wii? I try playing Splatoon 2 and I kind of feel the dynamic of using the right thumb stick AND using my wrist for finer aiming, but even though I know I can reset the camera it often feels like my mouse runs out of space. That's an easy fix for the mouse, and again I acknowledge I can reset the camera but is there a trick to how the two interact?

I use it hand held with cons attached for Splatoon since it's the closest approximation to how I played Splatoon 1 and I don't want to change. Same for all the indies/small games I play (Golf Story, Setsuna, Stardew, GoNNER). The only game I play with the controllers disconnected is ARMS and two to three player Mario Kart (one lucky person gets the pro controller).

Really love the versatility of the device and controls though. With two sets of cons and a pro controller I feel like I have almost everything covered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bell_ posted:

I love how versatile the Switch is. The mega-Vita portable mode feels like a go-to for simple RPGs and the like, even when a TV is available. Splatoon 2 or BotW on the other hand begs for the TV.

How many of you use the controllers disconnected like the next generation of the Wii? I try playing Splatoon 2 and I kind of feel the dynamic of using the right thumb stick AND using my wrist for finer aiming, but even though I know I can reset the camera it often feels like my mouse runs out of space. That's an easy fix for the mouse, and again I acknowledge I can reset the camera but is there a trick to how the two interact?
About 2 or 3 hours into BOTW I tried the relaxed split joycon mode and fell in love. It's so comfortable that I can't imagine playing it any other way. It's game specific for me though, because with something more intense like Splatoon or Mario Kart I definitely need the stability of the Pro Controller (which is awesome itself by the way).

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I'm thinking about Leah but I'm going Haley. so many babes to choose from

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I'm thinking about Leah but I'm going Haley. so many babes to choose from
I never actually got married during my PC playthrough since I was a weird completionist who wanted to make sure to max every possible relationship before getting married. Emily was my first crush because that's just how it happened organically through playing, but as I increased my relationship with the others I felt like Leah would be my personal choice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I use a pro controller for Splatoon and every thing I use the ultra relax separate Joycon spread. Reminds me of my Wii + nunchuck days

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Good grief. It's going to take me an hour to LOS-bomb this guardian to bits. I bet my reward is going to be something like 5 arrows.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Maybe if you're lucky you'll get one gear... which you can use as currency to get ancient arrows later on!

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Oh, wouldn't surprise me. I got a gear and a screw from some dormant guardians.

Eventually I will master fire in a way that doesn't involve lighting a club from a campfire and wandering into tall grass. OH NOOOOOOooooooo!!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
you are supposed to use the master sword on the guardians

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

bump_fn posted:

tbh I only ever used guardian arrows straight to the eyebeam

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

split cons are the best but the strap additions make them too big for my hands

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

bump_fn posted:

This and also to break mineral deposits

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I'm pretty sure that's DLC. Or anything really coming after my sweet, precious hang-glider 2/4 orbs so far.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/gamespot/status/920394034119675904

Sony’s going to be publishing their exclusives on the Switch. Nintendo won

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It's just a separate indie publishing label ........ for now

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Any chance that will open the door for more folks to port over their Vita/3DS games? I would totally welcome Vanillaware on this baby.

Edit: or Echochrome.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

oh sweet, Sony first party games. lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Keep in mind this isn't "oh sick Uncharted on my Switch" it's Sony Online Entertainment 2 making switch/ps4 friendly games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Don't get your hopes up, the real gems like Resistance, Syphon Filter, Infamous, Flower, et al havent been confirmed

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Just gimme knack on the switch baby

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now you can listen to 30 something moms and dads crouch in bushes and mumble to themselves while 18 different UI elements attempt to distract your brain at once while also riding the subway .

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Sackboy, Kratos, Ratchet, Clank, Jakk, Daxter, and a whole lot more come barging through the door of the ninty nursery as the guitar riff hits. Welcome to gaming, bitch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

HolePisser1982 posted:

Sackboy, Kratos, Ratchet, Clank, Jakk, Daxter, and a whole lot more come barging through the door of the ninty nursery as the guitar riff hits. Welcome to gaming, bitch

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

folder
Oct 9, 2016

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol whoa

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HolePisser1982 posted:

Christ

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

In Training posted:

Now you can listen to 30 something moms and dads crouch in bushes and mumble to themselves while 18 different UI elements attempt to distract your brain at once while also riding the subway .

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Dark Souls, but with Mario characters.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tbh th loving miniscule chance this could mean bloodborne on the switch someday has me drooling

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

HolePisser1982 posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fungah! posted:

tbh th loving miniscule chance this could mean bloodborne on the switch someday has me drooling
Father Gascoigne in Smash Bros.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Father Gascoigne in Smash Bros.

You joke but there's gonna be a Playstation All Stars 2 one day with the Bloodborne hunter in it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

You joke but there's gonna be a Playstation All Stars 2 one day with the Bloodborne hunter in it
I don't think there will be, the first one sold like poo poo. Father Gascoigne will be in Smash Bros and he will say things like "welcome to nightmare heck" and "here comes the blood, baby!"

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Ornstein and Smough in Smash bros, played like the ice climber dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol