Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So two things in that trailer I noticed

1. Is that the loving Beatles?

2. Don't click this if you don't want to be spoiled One of those Beatles is looking pretty loving swole :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Die Käfer. Gelb Kriegsmarine.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
The woman with the scarf might be Leni Riefenstahl:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Kopijeger posted:

The woman with the scarf might be Leni Riefenstahl:

it probably is. they mention her making a movie about the hunt for BJ. so who knows.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Wait... was that old-rear end Hitler at the end? God drat.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
With what appeared to be a robo-hand, no less.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

kefkafloyd posted:

Launch trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmy4WW8TqL8

That washington DC scene. :(

Can my dream for the last game come true? Can BJ kill an old Adolf Hitler like Vito Corleone killed Don Cicco?

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Bolow posted:

So two things in that trailer I noticed

1. Is that the loving Beatles?

2. Don't click this if you don't want to be spoiled One of those Beatles is looking pretty loving swole :unsmigghh:

They were in TNO, in newspaper clippings and maybe a couple of songs you can hear (definitely in the prerelease stuff for the music). They were like a propaganda thing, one of the articles mention they didn't heil before a show and they got in hot water over it.

Thanks, this is my new FB cover picture.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
People just love replacing Honest Abe's head for some reason but keeping the rest intact. Who would they replace Jefferson with? Seems his monument never get's defaced...

BJ saying "Come and fuckin' get me you fascist Nazi pigs" seems really awkward; I know he would insult Nazis, that's not the issue, but his choice of words seems really tame. It's usually a lot more colourful.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
How many games let you kill Hitler, anyway? Off the top of my head, there's Operation Darkness, the original Wolfenstein 3D, Sniper Elite 4, and the original Japanese Bionic Commando.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I just noticed that theres no instances in the game of people giving the Nazi Salute while heiling, I imagine because it will get censored in Germany and places like that.

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004
Just chiming in to say that I am looking forward to Nazis and the KKK getting shot in the face. Wolfenstein 2 looks cool too.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Psychotic Weasel posted:

People just love replacing Honest Abe's head for some reason but keeping the rest intact. Who would they replace Jefferson with? Seems his monument never get's defaced...

BJ saying "Come and fuckin' get me you fascist Nazi pigs" seems really awkward; I know he would insult Nazis, that's not the issue, but his choice of words seems really tame. It's usually a lot more colourful.

It felt awkward to me too. I guess it's because BJ never really directly addresses why Nazis are bad in the political sense(fascism is bad), it's always in the physical sense(genocide is bad). Does BJ ever use the word "fascist" in TNO?

Also when I saw the Klansman getting a facefull of buckshot I realized I needed to put all other things aside and make this a day 1 buy.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Wanderer posted:

How many games let you kill Hitler, anyway? Off the top of my head, there's Operation Darkness, the original Wolfenstein 3D, Sniper Elite 4, and the original Japanese Bionic Commando.

Bionic Commando Rearmed. They don't quite say it outright, but everyone knows who The Leader is supposed to be.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wanderer posted:

He's the final boss in Zombie Army Trilogy.

Edit- Beyond Castle Wolfenstein kinda counts, since you're placing a bomb in the Fuhrerbunker to assassinate Hitler.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Wolfenstien has yet to match Sniper Elite in mutilation of Hitler's dick.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Wanderer posted:

Didn't both Sniper Elite 2 and 3 had DLC missions where you assassinated Hitler, right? I seem to remember that being a thing.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Killing Hitler is a staple of the Sniper Elite series.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Now you have me thinking what a Wolfenstein/Danger Five crossover would look like.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Arcsquad12 posted:

Now you have me thinking what a Wolfenstein/Danger Five crossover would look like.

Phone kill with a laserkraftwerk?

https://youtu.be/vVSbGBdSe0o

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 18, 2017

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

haha it is impossible to talk about this game on most of the internet.

anyway, this poo poo looks fantastic.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vadoc posted:

Killing Hitler is a staple of the Sniper Elite series.

I have a Sniper Elite keychain that's a shell casing with the words "KILL HITLER" etched into it.

:hellyeah:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
You know what's sad? We're not in alternate 1970s yet so we can find Wolfenstein era Bruce Lee to kung fu nazis to death.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Psychotic Weasel posted:

He was probably just hanging out with the commies a bit too much at that point in the campaign or something.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Arcsquad12 posted:

It would look like Danger 5.

Actually, it would involve that one Sergeant who constantly gets hosed over by poison gas / Zeros / dinosaurs actually killing Nazis instead of failing

Picture BJ telling Wyatt 'Remember that we love you... like a lover' then rip and tearing a T-Rex and you're most of the way there

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Kibayasu posted:

He was probably just hanging out with the commies a bit too much at that point in the campaign or something.

I think you mean the perfect amount of time with them

E: Honestly BJ's character ark in the Wyatt timeline would be pretty good justification for him turning into a leftist, given the conversations regarding race with not-Jimi Hendrix

Pendent fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 18, 2017

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Crabtree posted:

You know what's sad? We're not in alternate 1970s yet so we can find Wolfenstein era Bruce Lee to kung fu nazis to death.

Not yet.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Psychotic Weasel posted:

It might have been censored for advertising purposes.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

White Coke posted:

Alternatively: I have been so tired/stressed/angry that I have forgotten how to swear properly and 'gosh darn you mother humper' came out.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
He already says 'gently caress' in that sentence already, what more would they have to censor?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, I never buy FPS games at day one but you get to shoot/blast/burn/hatchet your way through Nazis and the loving KKK as well? Goddamn sold.

The fact that there are legions of salty alt. righters/nazis being a bunch precious snowflakes about the whole deal makes it even better.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Same here. I hope Wolfenstein sells like a billion copies so that game publishers realize that pissing off alt-righters is a great way to sell games. poo poo, I'd support lootboxes and Day 1 DLC if it made Nazis cry.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I'm having to budget fairly hard to get both this and Mario this month because I already got Shadow of War.

Man, it looks so dang good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i have it preordered, but if i have to roll back my graphics driver like i still have to to play tno and tob even now i'll probably get it refunded until it is fixed. i like killing video game nazis, but not to the extent of paying for a game i can't play.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i have it preordered, but if i have to roll back my graphics driver like i still have to to play tno and tob even now i'll probably get it refunded until it is fixed. i like killing video game nazis, but not to the extent of paying for a game i can't play.

Yeah, the fact that the Steam store page does not have the system requirements is the reason I haven't pre ordered yet.

Also does not help I've got a time deficit and I'm in the middle of Prey right now. Man, Bethesda has done a good job with its non in house studios.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

Same here. I hope Wolfenstein sells like a billion copies so that game publishers realize that pissing off alt-righters is a great way to sell games. poo poo, I'd support lootboxes and Day 1 DLC if it made Nazis cry.
Hopefully. I already was really hyped about this game, but if wasn't, the alt-right reaction would make me so and/or have made me look more into the game to find out if it was something I'd like. It reminds me of when I'd been idly aware of Fury Road but then the MRA rage about it made me look into it a lot more and I got really hyped for it. I'd have loved Fury Road without the MRA reaction to it, but I doubt I'd have followed it so closely prior to release.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I'm having to budget fairly hard to get both this and Mario this month because I already got Shadow of War.

Man, it looks so dang good.

Werix posted:

Yeah, the fact that the Steam store page does not have the system requirements is the reason I haven't pre ordered yet.

Also does not help I've got a time deficit and I'm in the middle of Prey right now. Man, Bethesda has done a good job with its non in house studios.

Which of those games lets you slaughter Nazis?
The choice is clear.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

White Coke posted:

To me it sounded like either he was struggling to find the right words to express his sheer rage, or it was awkwardly edited for the trailer.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
BJ is more adept at expressing his dislike for nazis with a hatchet. Or a gun. Or his fists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Psychotic Weasel posted:

BJ's spoken invective towards Nazis is actually pretty tame. Nazi scum. Nazi fuckin' spaceman. Et cetera.