Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

feedmyleg posted:

If you think alcoholic, coke addict, party boy, frat guy George W. Bush didn't do anything sexually inappropriate to anyone in his youth...

Probably. Not sure of any public sex assault or rape accusations against the guy, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Hopefully now that Lars von Trier is an outed creep people will stop telling me that I need to watch his movies :pray:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Guy Mann posted:

Hopefully now that Lars von Trier is an outed creep people will stop telling me that I need to watch his movies

The person who outed him was herself outed in the early 00s for horrible mental abuse of her boyfriend. I'm not saying I don't believe her or that, if he did what she said, it's somehow "lessened" by her awfulness.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

The person who outed him was herself outed in the early 00s for horrible mental abuse of her boyfriend. I'm not saying I don't believe her or that, if he did what she said, it's somehow "lessened" by her awfulness.

Nah, just means they're probably both pieces of poo poo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

Nah, just means they're probably both pieces of poo poo.

that's what i was getting at yeah

the only person whose movies i refuse to watch is Woody Allen. well, and roman polanski, but The Ninth Gate is the only thing he's done in my lifetime worth watching

e: i also have a hard time listening to the Flaming Lips ever since i read the article about how Wayne Coyne has "sleepovers" at Miley Cyrus' house and she calls him "daddy" :puke:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Girl you did not just shade Rosemary's Baby like that ...

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

Whelp, according to Amanda Segel (who was showrunner on The Mist) even Bob Weinstein is a piece of poo poo as he sexually harassed her by constantly trying to start a romantic relationship with her even after she made it clear that she wasn't interested.
But Hollywood teaches us that you just have to be persistent and she'll eventually realize you're her soul mate /s

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

feedmyleg posted:

If you think alcoholic, coke addict, party boy, frat guy George W. Bush didn't do anything sexually inappropriate to anyone in his youth...

I wouldn't be surprised about any of them in the last 75 years to be honest. Except maybe Carter. That would be surprising.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

esperterra posted:

I find it impossible to enjoy Rosemary's Baby knowing that the director did exactly the thing the villains do in his movie.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

I said "in my lifetime". I'm not THAT old :)

also I watched that way before i knew what he did, i legit don't think i've watched it since then

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Totally read that as 'in his lifetime' for some reason. My bad!

Lurdiak posted:

I find it impossible to enjoy Rosemary's Baby knowing that the director did exactly the thing the villains do in his movie.

Polanski tricked his wife into moving in next to a bunch of Satanists so he could put the dark lord's baby in her? hosed up dude ....

(i know what you actually mean, and i don't blame people for not being comfortable watching his work)

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

feedmyleg posted:

According to David Milch, Dubya was his fraternity leader at Yale and he was just a fun guy that didn't take himself too seriously. Not malicious or anything.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This celeb rap battle show looks like the worst thing ever

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

According to David Milch, Dubya was his fraternity leader at Yale and he was just a fun guy that didn't take himself too seriously. Not malicious or anything.
A lot of behavior that was considered innocent in the 60’s and 70’s... isn’t. Like, that was Weinstein’s bullshit defense. “Oh, this stuff was normal and accepted when I was younger!” Yeah, no.

Lot of inappropriate nonconsensual predatory poo poo happens in frats, always has. Did Dubya rape someone? Probably not. Did he grab some poor girls rear end at a frat party? Yeah, probably.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 18, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

zoux posted:

This celeb rap battle show looks like the worst thing ever

I'm probably never going to watch it but I find the commercials funny for how much its blatantly a Lip Synch Battle ripoff right down to the rapper/supermodel hosts.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

lelandjs posted:

A lot of behavior that was considered innocent in the 60’s and 70’s... isn’t. Like, that was Weinstein’s bullshit defense. “Oh, this stuff was normal and accepted when I was younger!” Yeah, no.

Lot of inappropriate nonconsensual predatory poo poo happens in frats, always has. Did Dubya rape someone? Probably not. Did he grab some poor girls rear end at a frat party? Yeah, probably.

Or maybe he didn't? I feel like he did enough terrible poo poo that you don't really need to assume he did other terrible poo poo there is no evidence of. You can just stick with the war crimes and such.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, this whole 'let's assume everyone old/male must have done some terrible poo poo because reasons' stuff is bad. Like, gently caress yeah, discuss the poo poo out of it if some facts come to light, but we have enough skeazy assholes we know did bad things without making up even more.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everyone is terrible in a surprise to absolutely nobody.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

^ also this

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey do you have any childhood heroes? Favorite actors?

They molested a busload of handicapped kids and murdered a dozen puppies.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mr Rogers is the only safe haven.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bruceski posted:

Mr Rogers is the only safe haven.

Mr. Dressup would like a word with you!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Beakman would never do those things.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gonz posted:

True.

But he like chunky peanut butter.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Gonz posted:

Beakman was on a YouTube show about science for kids last year, he rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT_bTnkwLuE

Also his real name is Paul Zaloom. Why even give a dude a fake name when he already has such an amazing mad scientist name?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Will Oldham said it best

"People are good, and people are bad, and I'm never sure which one I am"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Don't make statues to the living.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Just make statues of Carrie Fisher imho

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

Just make statues of Carrie Fisher imho

have you read her novels? they're actually quite good, kind of like Tom Robbins but more about mundane matters than aliens/myths/whatever idea came to Robbins while he was tripping balls that day

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I've read and watched Postcards from the Edge, haven't delved into her other stuff yet.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Or she had an experience with Weinstein or someone like him

ISTR she had a row with her agent after he kinda dissed her in the press (one of those "she would be nothing without me!" statements), fired him, and that hurt her career a little.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh, is there a Mindhunters thread yet? Because I started last night, and it's hitting every single one of my buttons.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837383

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Thanks, queen.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

esperterra posted:

Yeah, this whole 'let's assume everyone old/male must have done some terrible poo poo because reasons' stuff is bad. Like, gently caress yeah, discuss the poo poo out of it if some facts come to light, but we have enough skeazy assholes we know did bad things without making up even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu3FE7BswYI

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Don't defend men with song.... it's counter productive.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's pretty loving funny, though.

e: of course Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is one of the CW shows Netflix doesn't have rights to in Canada. I wonder if it's on my On Demand ... been meaning to watch it forever.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Oct 18, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Musicals, doctor shows, lawyer shows.
If forced to watch a musical show about lawyers suing hospitals, i'll cut somebody.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I just realized that all 4 episodes this season in B99 haven't had Gina in them.

I didn't miss her at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Peretti is on maternity leave atm. I keep forgetting about Gina too.

• Locked thread