Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Bold Robot posted:

I try not to look. The key is to accept that they aren't going to minmax and to hope they don't royally screw something up. But, it's kind of a bummer that the best way to reduce stress is to adopt a "what I don't see can't hurt me" approach to sectors.

Now that you can manually manage planets in a sector, this shouldn't be a big deal anymore. And I think it's worth pointing out that when you say "accept that they aren't going to minimax and to hope they don't royally screw something up", that's about the same level you get from a player just wanting to focus on pushing fleets around and only devote enough attention to planets to make that happen. The sector AI isn't that terrible, except for maybe food production, compared human player on normal that isn't trying to minmax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
While I generally fall into the "drop colonies into sectors and forget about them" camp, I do occasionally go over each planet and decide whether I need to change any buildings. I've been playing as the UNoE in my latest game and with two fairly large sectors, I'm constantly at my mineral and energy cap unless I'm in a war.

I'd like to see events for sectors - maybe a sector on the frontline of a war would have an event representing patriotic fervor and getting a couple new corvettes or something, or enemy unrest where your opponent has infiltrated a planet in your sector and is causing unrest (which would make a project to have a military ship hunt them down or something similar). Anything to make sectors a little more interesting.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

StealthArcher posted:

# War-score from fleet-battles = KillMult * (0 + ((loser_deadships_fleet_value / loser_fleet_cap) * (1 - ((winner_deadships_fleet_value * Winner_KillMult) / winner_fleetcap))))

WAR_SCORE_SHIP_KILL_MUL = 0.25 # Multiplier of warscore gained
WAR_SCORE_SHIP_KILL_WINNER_MUL = 0.75 # Multiplier of warscore loss for the sinking of ships for the winner
WAR_SCORE_FLEET_COMBAT_WIN_BASE = 0.0 # Base score for winning a fleet combat

So, I have a fleetcap of 980, my opponent's is 755. I have a fleet totalling 1080, him 1020, cause nobody runs fleet cap and the ai cheats on maintenance anyway. The ai is an idiot with missile spam and dies horribly without running, a wipe for a loss of 167 fleet cap on my end.

What should this add to?
.25 * (0 + ((1020 / 755) * (1 - ((167 * .75) / 980)))) =

.25 * (0 + 1.351 * .872 ) = ~.295

I'm assuming this is gonna be a mult against a warscore cap of 1, percentile wise. So for a complete wipe in an endgame battle = 29.5% warscore.

Which seems high, honestly. I've rarely gotten more than 15 at best of of horrible wipes on the ai.

In any case, it seems that you want to increase the standard kill_mult, but lower the base to a slight negative, rendering corvette sniping worthless while making huge stackwipes devastating.
Huh... So the lower your fleet cap, the worse you're penalised for losing ships as a victor. Let's say we both have a fleet cap of 1000 and we each lose 1,400 ships in one fight (assume it's been a long drawn out slugfest and we've been funneling in new ships as they're built). I have one ship left, and as such am declared victor. .25 * 1.4 * (1-1.05) = -0.0175. I should have lost :v:

Joking aside, there's definitely a few Max() or Min() clauses in the actual code somewhere but I'd be curious where and what they are.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 17, 2017

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
I have a dumb idea for a play-through I’d like to try, what do I need to edit to enable multiple crises that spawn much earlier as well as make Fallen Empires awaken earlier too?

For the crises, it seems I just need to edit “crisis_trigger_events.txt” and comment out the “NOT = { has_global_flag = galactic_crisis_happened }” line to enable the possibility of more than one crisis, right? If so, what do I need to do to change the earliest trigger date from 200 years to, say, 20?

And to awaken the Fallen Empires sooner, I forgot the exact name of the file, but there was a pretty obviously titled awaken_empires.txt (or something close to it) with a years past >100 line, do I just edit that to >10 if I want it to trigger after 10 years? Anything else I need to do?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ulmont posted:

It takes me an absurd amount of minerals and energy to build up a crisis-proof fleet.

To be fair, my only experience is the Contingency at 75% strength, but I still won in the end without having to cheat. Of course, that was only because I had filled half a dozen sectors nearly to the brim with resources when the Contingency dropped, so I could build and rebuild my forces as often as I needed too. Build time and the time needed to coordinate ship movements across my entire empire turned out to be the limiting factor -my total incomes was high enough I could in the end even out-build the AE left in the galaxy after the Contingency-War.

What I'm saying is, as long as you keep expanding your economy, instead of draining it too fast by building up too early, you inevitably land on a plateau where you end up making more sectors not only to reduce micro, but also to have more space to fling resources into.

That said, it's entirely dependent on playstyle, of course. When I played Driven Assimilators for example, it turned out I was constantly at war from a very early point and never got to the point of what I call economic equilibrium without massively cheating. I got constantly attacked by everyone I met -"peaceful" expansion and being feared and hated was a bad match. So I do recognize my solution isn't a universal one.

Aethernet posted:

@Libluini - I don't think our positions are that far apart. We may have slightly differing views on the relative cost of sectors, but I'm mostly arguing that the cost of sectors should be turned into a benefit - that putting planets in sectors should give some kind of buff over and above the reduction in micromanagement. Your multiple sector playstyle would actually benefit from this.

While that's true, I think the reduction in micro already is a reasonable benefit. This way, I feel the game is properly balanced: If you do micro, you get better planets, but it's a lot of work. If you do sectors, you have nearly zero work but your AI will waste a bit of your resources. Buffing the planets in sectors above that feels so unbalanced to me, it would be like some sort of auto-cheat enabled!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Hey Wiz or LordMune if you're about, I've heard that if Empire A scans planet Z and fails to find an anomaly, if Empire B comes by later and scans it there's no anomaly roll. Is that lies?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
We're going wild and wide tonight.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Splicer posted:

Hey Wiz or LordMune if you're about, I've heard that if Empire A scans planet Z and fails to find an anomaly, if Empire B comes by later and scans it there's no anomaly roll. Is that lies?

The exact rules on this are shrouded in mystery and the last time a dev explained how this works, several posters in the thread immediately swore that they had experienced it working differently.

I just make sure to never trade for or buy star charts or do anything that would give me survey data on systems that my science ships haven't surveyed yet. Possibly overkill but it's your best chance at keeping those anomalies.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

While that's true, I think the reduction in micro already is a reasonable benefit. This way, I feel the game is properly balanced: If you do micro, you get better planets, but it's a lot of work. If you do sectors, you have nearly zero work but your AI will waste a bit of your resources. Buffing the planets in sectors above that feels so unbalanced to me, it would be like some sort of auto-cheat enabled!

Fair enough - I think it would be reasonable way of adding a little more interactivity to sectors by associating a bonus with its focus, rather than effectively setting an aspiration for the AI.

On another note - I'm discovering how fun genetic engineering can be, especially for Hive races where having bespoke drones for a particular planet is very much in keeping with their ethos. If people enjoyed engineering bots, engineering pops is nearly as fun.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Aethernet posted:

Fair enough - I think it would be reasonable way of adding a little more interactivity to sectors by associating a bonus with its focus, rather than effectively setting an aspiration for the AI.

On another note - I'm discovering how fun genetic engineering can be, especially for Hive races where having bespoke drones for a particular planet is very much in keeping with their ethos. If people enjoyed engineering bots, engineering pops is nearly as fun.

I tried this and got turned off pretty hard, but it may have been bugged. Essentially, through the stacking of several mod ascensions, traditions and an extra tech, I had 95% effective Species Modification Time Reduction. And a single planet still cost me something on the order of 10k Society research, which at the time was about 45 months. Kinda put it down and never tried again after that.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Some how I ended up with about 5 "human" species types in my empire. All with the exact same traits in the exact same order. Might have had a colony ship in orbit somewhere when I became cybernetic? The stragglers got cyber'd but then remained their own pop, then a human pop from my empire that had emigrated away came back and also got cyber'd but once again stayed as a 3rd species type. A faction got upset that my humans were not identical and pure. Some were "human" some were "super human" or "trans human" or what ever so I did an expensive gene project to re-name them all to the same name hoping that would help. Nope.

Eventually I got so OCD I made all but one type of human set to purge, this seemed hosed but it did flag them all clearly in my empire. Then went through and did kill_pop on every non-standard human, then copy_pop 1 to replace them. Now my species list just has one true human entry in it.

It's the large amount of stuff like this that gets me all triggered in Stellaris still. It doesn't matter, but it drives me nuts. I'll always purge all aliens because I find they clutter up the species list. I had 5 refugees show up from a single emprie, all the same species, all 5 though were listed as different species even though 3 of them had the exact same traits, 2 of them were cyber, and 1 of them was cyber and had a different environmental pref. Sorry, nope, you guys are cluttering up my list.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Libluini posted:

This is wrong, first off, you would spend that "tax" on building up and developing that region anyway, second you can drain a sector for a little bit of influence any time you want, effectively getting everything back.

It's less a tax and more like investing into your empire's future. As long as you don't care for optimal build strategies, the cost of a sector is effectively zero.

It doesn't save me anything when the sector bulldozes all my power plants and replaces them with farms, bulldozes all my unity buildings and other unique buildings and replaces them with powerplants, bulldozes all my mines and replace them with science labs, bulldozes all my science labs to replace them with mines, builds farms on unique resource tiles, builds a bunch of mining-specialized robots on science lab tiles, puts all the members of the powerful researcher species I just conquered onto farm tiles, and gates 25% of my income behind an influence tax. And so on, and so forth. Look, I like the idea of having some automated stuff that takes care of the micro for me. My problem with sectors is that as currently designed and implemented, they're awful. The concept is great, and I really wish they were actually implemented as a helper to the player - rather than the punishment, tax, and handicap that they currently are. See, I don't hate sectors - I hate that they're actively terrible. The fact that "+5 core systems" is in the ascension perks list, which plays host to various major bonuses and buffs like "+25% border range" and "10% research speed", says a lot about where sectors stand as a game mechanic right now. And the fact that they openly clash with other game mechanics like slavery and genetic modification is a big problem.

As a comparison, imagine if the devs implemented an auto-combat feature that controls your fleets for you so you don't have to deal with the tedious micromanagement of late-game warfare. That could very well be a good idea, as warfare past the early-game mostly just boils down to a clash of doomstacks followed by "blow up spaceport, invade planet, repeat until enemy surrenders". But if it were powered by the current fleet AI, it would absolutely be awful, because that's the same AI that essentially locks up if its transports get killed. And if the player was essentially forced to use that mode (bad AI and all) once their fleet was past a certain size, people would rightly have plenty to complain about.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Main Paineframe posted:

It doesn't save me anything when the sector bulldozes all my power plants and replaces them with farms, bulldozes all my unity buildings and other unique buildings and replaces them with powerplants, bulldozes all my mines and replace them with science labs, bulldozes all my science labs to replace them with mines, builds farms on unique resource tiles, builds a bunch of mining-specialized robots on science lab tiles, puts all the members of the powerful researcher species I just conquered onto farm tiles, and gates 25% of my income behind an influence tax. And so on, and so forth. Look, I like the idea of having some automated stuff that takes care of the micro for me. My problem with sectors is that as currently designed and implemented, they're awful. The concept is great, and I really wish they were actually implemented as a helper to the player - rather than the punishment, tax, and handicap that they currently are. See, I don't hate sectors - I hate that they're actively terrible. The fact that "+5 core systems" is in the ascension perks list, which plays host to various major bonuses and buffs like "+25% border range" and "10% research speed", says a lot about where sectors stand as a game mechanic right now. And the fact that they openly clash with other game mechanics like slavery and genetic modification is a big problem.

As a comparison, imagine if the devs implemented an auto-combat feature that controls your fleets for you so you don't have to deal with the tedious micromanagement of late-game warfare. That could very well be a good idea, as warfare past the early-game mostly just boils down to a clash of doomstacks followed by "blow up spaceport, invade planet, repeat until enemy surrenders". But if it were powered by the current fleet AI, it would absolutely be awful, because that's the same AI that essentially locks up if its transports get killed. And if the player was essentially forced to use that mode (bad AI and all) once their fleet was past a certain size, people would rightly have plenty to complain about.

See, I come from the exact opposite direction (sectors are awesome), so nothing you write here makes sense for me, our positions are simply too different. Also your comparison doesn't make sense, the sector AI is not a combat AI, of course it wouldn't work in a auto-combat feature: That's like throwing a car into a lake and saying: "See? The car is bad! It can't swim and sinks immediately!"

In addition to that, the 4x-games I played using fully automated combat often where awful, and I'm not talking about "awful" in the "it triggers my OCD to see the AI being sub-optimal"-way, but in the "the AI is so braindead, it is attempting to start a zombie apocalypse"-way. This makes me think we should all be really glad Paradox stopped after abstracting combat down to task force / fleet-based combat.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
In my current game as the holy Dʿmt there are no aliens anywhere near me at all. My first contact was when the nomads showed up and asked to drop off a tribe on one of my planets.

I said yes and now there's a tiny protectorate with the exact opposite ethics directly next to my home world. Hopefully I'll be able to integrate them before they resent the yoke. Also they're aggressive birds while we're peace loving mollusks

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

It's the large amount of stuff like this that gets me all triggered in Stellaris still. It doesn't matter, but it drives me nuts. I'll always purge all aliens because I find they clutter up the species list. I had 5 refugees show up from a single emprie, all the same species, all 5 though were listed as different species even though 3 of them had the exact same traits, 2 of them were cyber, and 1 of them was cyber and had a different environmental pref. Sorry, nope, you guys are cluttering up my list.

This post reads like some kind of Space Nazi bureaucrat.

:v:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I thought the subspecies thing was supposed to fix that, but I noticed the same thing. Sometimes they show up as a subspecies, but often they're totally different.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Strudel Man posted:

I thought the subspecies thing was supposed to fix that, but I noticed the same thing. Sometimes they show up as a subspecies, but often they're totally different.

There's some sort of book-keeping routine that's supposed to clean up your species list so that if you totally convert your species it's no longer a sub-type, it's simply the new default form of that species. The problem is that by doing that, it sometimes breaks the "family tree" of races. So you can take your humans, mod half of them, and you'll have your primary default humans plus the new template under them as a sub-type. Sometimes when you apply this template to EVERYONE, it stops being a sub-type template. The problem of course is that if you have some stragglers that were on a colony ship or mid-colonization they get left out so now the game treats them both as unique races, rather than sub-types of the same race. This specially happens when you become cyborgs.

This is how I ended up with 5 types of humans, all with identical traits. I gene-modded everyone while forgetting a colony ship, which went on to make an entire planet populated with humans under a different species entry. I couldn't apply the same template to them because the template was gone at this point. Then during a fit of habitat construction I had colony ships containing both of these humans while I became cyborgs, creating 2 more new entries for "human" in the species list with no parent/template relationship. I set these two species to "assimilate" but with nothing to link them with my core species the game treated them as their own. In an attempt to merge them together I gene-modded the two most populous "humans" together to have matching names because one was "trans human" and the other "super human". Made projects to re-name them all simply "human" hoping that would merge them. Some how ended up with FIVE "humans" at the end, and now with the same names I couldn't even tell them apart. 200 of them were the correct human, 20 were another human, then 2 and 2 for the others. Purge all but the 200 to flag them, console command to track them down and eliminate and replace with the correct species.

This of course wasn't just for OCD reasons, some faction was actually upset that my primary species didn't have uniform genes or something.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

The problem of course is that if you have some stragglers that were on a colony ship or mid-colonization they get left out so now the game treats them both as unique races, rather than sub-types of the same race.

love2purge my own new colony

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Baronjutter posted:

There's some sort of book-keeping routine that's supposed to clean up your species list so that if you totally convert your species it's no longer a sub-type, it's simply the new default form of that species. The problem is that by doing that, it sometimes breaks the "family tree" of races. So you can take your humans, mod half of them, and you'll have your primary default humans plus the new template under them as a sub-type. Sometimes when you apply this template to EVERYONE, it stops being a sub-type template. The problem of course is that if you have some stragglers that were on a colony ship or mid-colonization they get left out so now the game treats them both as unique races, rather than sub-types of the same race. This specially happens when you become cyborgs.

I think this is related to why Psionic Ascension will sometimes break horribly for xenophobes and end with all your armies disappearing and your entire species set to be purged.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I don't think you can purge your own race.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Zephro posted:

Convergent evolution. They may look like humans but they're just a phenotypically similar solution to a similar evolutionary problem. Think dolphins and fish. Don't be fooled by the surface similarities, they're filthy xenos as much as the weird mushroom people

It's only been two hundred years! Lol.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

IAmTheRad posted:

I don't think you can purge your own race.

But the the “own race” flag can still get screwed up by scripts.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Well guilli's planets mod sure just gave me a Titan

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

TipsyMcStagger posted:

It's only been two hundred years! Lol.

Genetic modification!

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Libluini posted:

See, I come from the exact opposite direction (sectors are awesome), so nothing you write here makes sense for me, our positions are simply too different. Also your comparison doesn't make sense, the sector AI is not a combat AI, of course it wouldn't work in a auto-combat feature: That's like throwing a car into a lake and saying: "See? The car is bad! It can't swim and sinks immediately!"

He's saying the combat AI* is bad at being fighting wars and thus shouldn't be forced upon the player, as a comparison to the sector AI which is bad at managing planets. He is in no way saying the sector AI is bad at fighting wars.

Libluini posted:

but in the "the AI is so braindead, it is attempting to start a zombie apocalypse"-way

This is kind of what we've got right now - it's easy to trick the combat AI into doing some very stupid things.

*"combat AI" used in this post to talk about the strategic movement of ships around to complete war objectives, not the actual fleet to fleet combat.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I've finally gotten the Horizon Signal event chain, but it seems to have stalled out. I got to the point where I can build the two special buildings, the happiness one and the energy one. I also completed the event that transforms your species into weird-looking pops with the Intelligent trait. Various events have happened here and there - an older version of one of my admirals showed up and I had to kill him, and a colony grew a bunch of pops and then disappeared. Nothing has happened in a few years now, but I still have the Worm in Waiting: Signals event in my Situation Log. Do I need to do anything or just wait around for whatever the next stage is?

Glad I finally got the event - this is a lot of fun.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Bold Robot posted:

I've finally gotten the Horizon Signal event chain, but it seems to have stalled out. I got to the point where I can build the two special buildings, the happiness one and the energy one. I also completed the event that transforms your species into weird-looking pops with the Intelligent trait. Various events have happened here and there - an older version of one of my admirals showed up and I had to kill him, and a colony grew a bunch of pops and then disappeared. Nothing has happened in a few years now, but I still have the Worm in Waiting: Signals event in my Situation Log. Do I need to do anything or just wait around for whatever the next stage is?

If I remember right... Build the two buildings on your homeworld and you should get a new special project.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Bold Robot posted:

I think I lucked out on my last Horizon Signal run when the colony that vanishes actually survived and just benefited from some very strong buildings and rapid growth. No idea if there's something that determines that other than some RNG bullshit but apparently it is possible. From the position you are in now there should be a 3rd unique tech you can research that then allows you to build a pyramid on your capital (it's called Omega Theory), from there it will trigger another choice and end the quest chain. Check your tech cards to see if you missed something, or failing that, the buildings you can build on your capital. The pyramid is a standalone structure, you don't need to upgrade anything to get to it and I'm pretty sure Omega Theory will always show up as a research option once you unlock it.

edit:

Milky Moor posted:

If I remember right... Build the two buildings on your homeworld and you should get a new special project.
From what I recall you don't need to build those on on your capital, or any world, to get the last piece.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Also love the worm and it will make you ludicrously overpowered.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

We need more events with creative forms of treason.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I sure hope the next DLC is about egalitarians and xenophiles because currently that playstyle seems totally unremarkable compared to the boosts the others have gotten.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I do like the space horror vibe that Stellaris seems to be getting in the wake of Horizon Signal. You've got the Worm, the End of the Cycle, whatever the Swarm is running from, the Contingency being, well, a contingency, and the game is basically about fighting in the mausoleum of fallen empires (at least when the unique systems like Sanctuary and Zanaam spawn in).

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Baron Porkface posted:

I sure hope the next DLC is about egalitarians and xenophiles because currently that playstyle seems totally unremarkable compared to the boosts the others have gotten.

That’d almost certainly come with a diplomacy revamp.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Baron Porkface posted:

Fanatic Xenophile + Spiritual : Unlocks Civic "Fertility Cult" 10% Faster population growth per type of species on planet, 5% Unity per species type in Empire

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Baron Porkface posted:

The best boost comes from the satisfaction of knowing you're playing ethically.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Baronjutter posted:

Like my latest game, when I decided to not make the third planet in my "Shipyard System" yet another mining robot colony and instead create a haven for these pre-space tech "humans" who had been driven off their home planet.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

hobbesmaster posted:

We need more events with creative forms of treason.

"Everything seems to be in order here..."

<dies>

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

I'm still salty about the change from collectivist/individualist to authoritarian/egalitarian, while maintaining egalitarianism as turbo space capitalism.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Egalitarian doesn't provide any kind of economic boost beyond reduced consumer goods cost now. Turbo space capitalism requires a civic that you can't even select if you're fanatic egalitarian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bloody Pom posted:

Egalitarian doesn't provide any kind of economic boost beyond reduced consumer goods cost now. Turbo space capitalism requires a civic that you can't even select if you're fanatic egalitarian.

I believe the idea is you can affordably run utopian abundance and get happiness bonuses even on bad planets.

• Locked thread