Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I have so many duplicate exotics, ugh. Even on my titan which is my main character, I just got like my fifth skullfort, my third crest, and I got those stupid smg boots at least five times. On the other hand I've never gotten synthoceps, that spooky helm that I forget the name of, or the dunemarchers

It's kind of a shame the exotics are so few and so impotent. The alpha lupi is the only thing I've used for for than a bit of a gimmick here or there.

I wish they'd bring back armamentarium. I might actually use hammers in crucible then.

Also the sunbreaker tree that makes sunspots is rediculous for boss dps. One set of hammers with the sunspots will gently caress up a fallen walker super fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Today I got Better Devils and Last Hope [i]and[/] two Lincoln Greens. I also got 3 Legendary Engrams on Titan. I just need an Antiope D and a Prosecutor and I'll have every weapon I want from this game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
“What is the _________ this week” is the only reason to go seek out Reddit, they always have a big rundown effortpost every week.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

It's kind of a shame the exotics are so few and so impotent. The alpha lupi is the only thing I've used for for than a bit of a gimmick here or there.

I wish they'd bring back armamentarium. I might actually use hammers in crucible then.

Also the sunbreaker tree that makes sunspots is rediculous for boss dps. One set of hammers with the sunspots will gently caress up a fallen walker super fast.

War rig is excellent.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

10 Beers posted:

Well, the Nightfall this week is loving awful.

Once you know where the rings spawn, it's pretty easy. Kill mobs, get in position to ring jump, have someone go through the first ring, move on. We finished our 2nd run with over seven minutes, and it was by no means a Pro Level venture.

The first run is pretty awful though, I'll give you that.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

It seems like in general all the exotics are grossly toned down over D1 stuff, especially the armour.

theres nothing on the same level of power as The Last Word, Ice Breaker or Gjallerhorn.

Theres nothing as unique as Pocket infinity, Thorn, universal remote.

nothing with the utility of Red Death, plan C or Bad Juju.

theres exotics that are essentially re-skins of eachother (sunshot/Graviton Lance basically do the same thing with different elemental)

and some are quirky and fun but ultimately not useful without elemental burns (riskrunner would be awesome in this instance)

It seems like the stuff with really cool risk/reward style perks only really exist as Power Weapons to limit people spamming them in PvP.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It's so weird hearing people talk about how PvP isn't fun. But then people complain that they only get duplicate exotic engrams. I realize it must really suck if you haven't gotten Fighting Lion yet.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

haveblue posted:

“What is the _________ this week” is the only reason to go seek out Reddit, they always have a big rundown effortpost every week.

Related... If anyone didn't know, the goon discord has announcements posted when vendors change.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I would probably enjoy a random loadout mode drawn from available gear.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It's so weird hearing people talk about how PvP isn't fun. But then people complain that they only get duplicate exotic engrams. I realize it must really suck if you haven't gotten Fighting Lion yet.

I just want a god drat Wardclif Coil and Orpheus Rig for fun times, not four Ahamkara Spines in a row.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Laserface posted:

It seems like in general all the exotics are grossly toned down over D1 stuff, especially the armour.

theres nothing on the same level of power as The Last Word, Ice Breaker or Gjallerhorn.

Theres nothing as unique as Pocket infinity, Thorn, universal remote.

nothing with the utility of Red Death, plan C or Bad Juju.

theres exotics that are essentially re-skins of eachother (sunshot/Graviton Lance basically do the same thing with different elemental)

and some are quirky and fun but ultimately not useful without elemental burns (riskrunner would be awesome in this instance)

It seems like the stuff with really cool risk/reward style perks only really exist as Power Weapons to limit people spamming them in PvP.

yeah the first batch of exotics are majorly boring, hopefully there is enough backlash that bungie reacts and they get much better.

riskrunner is basically made for Voidwalker by the way, it has huge synergy with the devour path, it might be the best weapon/class combination currently in the game.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Mr. Unlucky posted:

yeah the first batch of exotics are majorly boring, hopefully there is enough backlash that bungie reacts and they get much better.

riskrunner is basically made for Voidwalker by the way, it has huge synergy with the devour path, it might be the best weapon/class combination currently in the game.

Thats the thing. Who gives a poo poo about synergy. PvE is so loving easy its moot point what's good.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm in the 220's, haven't finished the story yet (because it is boring), but PvP is starting to sink its teeth into me.

Scout rifles, submachine guns, and grenade launchers seem literally worthless. Is it just the gear I'm getting at the moment? I don't have the Mida yet, but every time I pull out one of those aforementioned guns in PvP I'm laughing at how bad it performs.

I'm about to start looking at TTK charts like it's loving Battlefield at this point.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Thats the thing. Who gives a poo poo about synergy. PvE is so loving easy its moot point what's good.

Exactly, pve is so pushover that you can use pretty much any weapons for anything. Raid asks for you to be a little discerning but not much, Prestige likely not going to ask much more of you in terms out loadout optimization, only for you to be more proficient with what ya got.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
OMG the loving nightfall this week...

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Mr. Unlucky posted:

What

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Captain Log posted:

I'm in the 220's, haven't finished the story yet (because it is boring), but PvP is starting to sink its teeth into me.

Scout rifles, submachine guns, and grenade launchers seem literally worthless. Is it just the gear I'm getting at the moment? I don't have the Mida yet, but every time I pull out one of those aforementioned guns in PvP I'm laughing at how bad it performs.

I'm about to start looking at TTK charts like it's loving Battlefield at this point.
What the gently caress? You're all about what weapons are best despite purposefully not finishing the campaign which opens up access to all said weapons?

Oh man, I'm really excited about ice cream cones. No, I'm not gonna eat the goddamn loving poo poo, I just like the proficiency of them.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

cvnvcnv posted:

What the gently caress? You're all about what weapons are best despite purposefully not finishing the campaign which opens up access to all said weapons?

Oh man, I'm really excited about ice cream cones. No, I'm not gonna eat the goddamn loving poo poo, I just like the proficiency of them.

Eat the cone

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

cvnvcnv posted:

I've been extremely busy with health related issues. It's why I've been playing Overwatch. I don't even need my brain turned on for that game.

Thanks for answering my question, dingus.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Captain Log posted:

I've been extremely busy with health related issues. It's why I've been playing Overwatch. I don't even need my brain turned on for that game.

:tipshat:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Captain Log posted:

Yes, it is the gear you're getting at the moment. There are good weapons in all those archetypes (except grenade launchers) but you haven't unlocked the full range of drops and sources yet. Finishing the story and post-story quests will give you a free MIDA and a couple of other good things.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

CheeseFactory posted:

There is obvious Synergy (sweet business/Actium war rig is probably the best) but everything seems like its just watered down.

like even stacking all your perks and mods towards one of the three pillars doesnt net you any kind of significant advantage. probably because the paper/scissors/rock of it all was too hard to balance so they just made everything underwhelming.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

haveblue posted:

Yes, it is the gear you're getting at the moment. There are good weapons in all those archetypes (except grenade launchers) but you haven't unlocked the full range of drops and sources yet. Finishing the story and post-story quests will give you a free MIDA and a couple of other good things.

Thanks, I’ll just slog through the rest of the campaign. If anyone groups with me (OldCaptainLog) and I’m silent, my parrots are sleeping.

I don’t know if anything will ever replace my beloved vanilla Satrienne Rapier with firefly.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Captain Log posted:

I don’t know if anything will ever replace my beloved vanilla Satrienne Rapier with firefly.
Unfortunately not. Dragonfly is severely watered down :(

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Laserface posted:

There is obvious Synergy (sweet business/Actium war rig is probably the best) but everything seems like its just watered down.

like even stacking all your perks and mods towards one of the three pillars doesnt net you any kind of significant advantage. probably because the paper/scissors/rock of it all was too hard to balance so they just made everything underwhelming.

True true. But yeah the war rig and sweet business is very loving good and its ny go to for pve stuff

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Captain Log posted:

Story clear award scout rifle is highly praised. I went with the auto instead. I've died to that scout a lot.

Death Adder and Out of Options are good smgs. Antiope is hailed as a top gun but I've never got one.

Grenade launchers Play of the Game is super solid, for what is worth and I think Flash and Thunder will be one of the meta power weapons sooner than later for pvp. Snipers are the only guntype standing out as not good.

Finish story or you will be locked out of some of the pvp stuff I believe. Trials and Banner.

Typically I do not have any success with handguns in games and never liked them in destiny but I have been streaky in a good way maining dire promise, last hope and flash and thunder (blind) as my main build. I'll admit it's mostly cause of last hope but otherwise it's working out pretty good.

For flash and thunder I don't think the concussion variant really does anything in pvp but there's no way to test it. Blind for sure does gently caress dudes up but the radius is tiny so I gotta make it count. In pve it seems to kill guys instead of concuss.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Wasn't this broken at launch? I chose a different gun because everyone was saying it didn't work. If that's changed I'll have to run an alt through the story...

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I dont know about whether or not it was broken before but you tear poo poo up with the unlimited ammo from riskrunner and the full health refill on every kill from devour, it's basically invincibility rambo mode and you can keep extending it for as long as you keep killing.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

swims posted:

Story clear award scout rifle is highly praised. I went with the auto instead. I've died to that scout a lot.

Death Adder and Out of Options are good smgs. Antiope is hailed as a top gun but I've never got one.

Grenade launchers Play of the Game is super solid, for what is worth and I think Flash and Thunder will be one of the meta power weapons sooner than later for pvp. Snipers are the only guntype standing out as not good.

Finish story or you will be locked out of some of the pvp stuff I believe. Trials and Banner.

Typically I do not have any success with handguns in games and never liked them in destiny but I have been streaky in a good way maining dire promise, last hope and flash and thunder (blind) as my main build. I'll admit it's mostly cause of last hope but otherwise it's working out pretty good.

For flash and thunder I don't think the concussion variant really does anything in pvp but there's no way to test it. Blind for sure does gently caress dudes up but the radius is tiny so I gotta make it count. In pve it seems to kill guys instead of concuss.

Man, very helpful stuff.

Did TLW transfer into this game well? I was about to quit Destiny 1 after a month or two of playing and getting that as a drop sucked me right back in.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Captain Log posted:

Did TLW transfer into this game well? I was about to quit Destiny 1 after a month or two of playing and getting that as a drop sucked me right back in.

:(

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Has Skyburners Oath dropped for any one yet? Is it worth hankering after?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

hitchensgoespop posted:

It's bad rear end, and great in the raid, being that almost the entire thing is Cabal.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

hitchensgoespop posted:

I got it very early on and it's okay but fires real slow when you ADS. Reeeaaal slow.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

el B posted:

Unfortunately not. Dragonfly is severely watered down :(

this is top 5 worst things about D2, easily.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Game finally decided to stop screwing me over and I hit 305. Is http://destiny-vendor-gear-tracker.com/ still the place to camp and wait for reports or is there a new one?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mailer posted:

Game finally decided to stop screwing me over and I hit 305. Is http://destiny-vendor-gear-tracker.com/ still the place to camp and wait for reports or is there a new one?

I've been watching that and vendorengrams.xyz

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mailer posted:

Game finally decided to stop screwing me over and I hit 305.

Yesterday events:

I was playing Fortnite horde mode, but some friends wanted to do the nightfall.

Ok, lets do this strike with a boss that need to take long breaks every time you damage him.

Got two engrams light level 300.

First item: helmet. Bad, I need some boots to be 305. But maybe I can levelup something.
Second item: linear fusion rifle. Welp, bad, but is a rare item. Who know when a linear fusion rifle with LL300 will drop again?, so now is one less thing to think about.

Time to open the other engram. Hope I get the boots:

First item: helmet. The same helmet.
Second item: linear fusion rifle, the same linear fusion rifle.

*headcrash*

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Discord also has a channel with a bot dedicated to automatic updates with regard to vendor engrams.

I don't know what kind of dark arts Kay has, but obviously she runs a tight ship in the Discord!

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

hitchensgoespop posted:

I wouldn’t use it over a Manannan or Uriel’s in the energy weapon slot. The bonus cabal damage is pretty minimal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

hitchensgoespop posted:

it's a fun novelty gun and also it has my favorite lore in Destiny 2