Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

actually royal news is the only news that's important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
real beautiful morning today. i think that maybe this will be the last tory government of my lifetime.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Vitamin P posted:

real beautiful morning today. i think that maybe this will be the last tory government of my lifetime.

is this a suicide threat

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Vitamin P posted:

There are some benefits to living in the end times

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

i guess those really weirdly bad takes of his on feminism-related topics were pointing to something huh. what a creep.

pity we'll likely never get the full solar system, i liked that series

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/RIPMarkusJ/status/920464377035272192

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

my friend dahmer sequel looking kinda bad

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

http://www.theonion.com/video/gop-maintains-solid-hold-on-youth-that-already-loo-36778

Right wing politics literally age you.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/920648179573456896

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly

*Heckling Continues*

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

madey posted:

*Heckling Continues*

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
*Heckling Intesifies*

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

if you pitched this scene in the thick of it writers room they would have binned it for being too on the nose and unbelievable

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Zikan posted:

if you pitched this scene in the thick of it writers room they would have binned it for being too on the nose and unbelievable

This is pretty much 2017: writers would reject it as too on the nose

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

You can see the precise moment May goes from a halting and stuttered delivery of jumbled, ad-hoc nothings to the Confident! Precise! Well-rehearsed! delivery of the standard party line on UC.

Edit: I don’t normally watch PMQs but I’ve heard she’s bad; is she always that bad?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Sanford posted:

You can see the precise moment May goes from a halting and stuttered delivery of jumbled, ad-hoc nothings to the Confident! Precise! Well-rehearsed! delivery of the standard party line on UC.

Edit: I don’t normally watch PMQs but I’ve heard she’s bad; is she always that bad?

She was never amazing but was saved largely because Corbyn also wasn't that great at it and there was a lot of material to use. It's a lot easier to deflect in PMQs if you can just go 'alright but at least my party aren't actively trying to oust me'.

Corbyn's skills have improved over time and now he's got plenty of ammo to throw at her while her confidence has to have taken a blow what with the whole 'blew up her majority, is loathed by her party and is a national laughingstock' thing.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
reading about jez on teh guardian and saw a link to this old classic headline

dat wink

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
king corbyn strikes again

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

bump_fn posted:

reading about jez on teh guardian and saw a link to this old classic headline

dat wink

jezza :allears:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
*Heckling continues*

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

UrbicaMortis posted:

She was never amazing but was saved largely because Corbyn also wasn't that great at it and there was a lot of material to use. It's a lot easier to deflect in PMQs if you can just go 'alright but at least my party aren't actively trying to oust me'.

Corbyn's skills have improved over time and now he's got plenty of ammo to throw at her while her confidence has to have taken a blow what with the whole 'blew up her majority, is loathed by her party and is a national laughingstock' thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAYGk4XP23M&t=143s

Her first PMQs with Corbyn really showed what kind of person she was. Corbyn was trying to talk shop and she can't engage him earnestly, relying on lovely one-liners, platitudes, and snobbishness.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Frijolero posted:

Her first PMQs with Corbyn really showed what kind of person she was. Corbyn was trying to talk shop and she can't engage him earnestly, relying on lovely one-liners, platitudes, and snobbishness.

theresa may is a something awful poster?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

theresa may is a something awful poster?

he said snobbishly in a one-liner reply

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Frijolero posted:

She was trying to copy Cameron but it doesn't work if you don't have Cameron's poker face

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Gum posted:

She was trying to copy Cameron but it doesn't work if you don't have Cameron's poker face

He went deeper than the face.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Ague Proof posted:

He went deeper than the face.

I hear he barely made it past the incisors

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol the state of our government

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/statu...agenumber%3D105

Jose has issued a correction as of 08:23 on Oct 19, 2017

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
For any foreigners reading, a three line whip to abstain means members of the government are being told they will lose their jobs if they do not abstain on one of their own promises to the electorate.

just lol

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Sarah Wollaston voted with Labour. Have they made any noises about removing the whip?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Gum posted:

it didn't really work for cameron either

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Yinlock posted:

cameron was genuinely quite skillful at telling porkies

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

hosed up but factual: Cameron won a majority unexpectedly in 2015 so it clearly worked at least a bit.

Just he then destroyed the country to resolve an internal party matter that is insoluble, as we are seeing now.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

tarbrush posted:

Sarah Wollaston voted with Labour. Have they made any noises about removing the whip?

Don't think they can. The government has such a slim majority that losing just a handful of MP:s would likely mean that it'll fall.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Cerebral Bore posted:

Don't think they can. The government has such a slim majority that losing just a handful of MP:s would likely mean that it'll fall.

Yeah, but is that worsen than having a three line whip mean nothing? They're going to have to being the withdrawal bill to the floor at some point, and if the whip doesn't mean anything, they won't get it through.

Or worse (for them) the house will pass whatever the Lords return to them which will doubtless be substantially changed and not at all acceptable to the nutter faction.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Load of handwritten signs in windows saying the M25 Cat Killer is back. Broken Britain.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
They stopped?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Vitamin P posted:

Load of handwritten signs in windows saying the M25 Cat Killer is back. Broken Britain.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that cats probably shouldn't be on the M25 in the first place

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

tarbrush posted:

Yeah, but is that worsen than having a three line whip mean nothing? They're going to have to being the withdrawal bill to the floor at some point, and if the whip doesn't mean anything, they won't get it through.

Or worse (for them) the house will pass whatever the Lords return to them which will doubtless be substantially changed and not at all acceptable to the nutter faction.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Tories care more about being in office than actually getting anything done while in office.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

They stopped?
There was hope of a free vote on fox hunting, but with this three line abstention dashed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

its kind of amazing that david cameron, the moron who gave us brexit and nearly lost scotland, was a genuinely more skilled and charismatic politician than may