Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

The value of Larsa over Iris is that he is the only white mage with 5* support. That gives him access to wrath, entrust, full break, and affliction break. Also the opening heal of Iris' BSB is weaker than other healing BSBs to account for having both stone skin and astra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Fujin BSB (magic wind is interesting, I have a ton of wind options now, and she can join alphinaud's BSB. Also breakdown! I hear this is good for Magicites?)

It's solid. Until it caps out, Raging Storm is far more likely to do better damage on Golem (and if you've only got one faithga, even Gust might outdamage the CMD1) since it lacks the enwind of Alph's BSB, but it's good, consistent damage and helps Alph by increasing his damage output a bit. It's good for magicites, but it's absolutely amazing for things like the FF3 and FF7 Torments.

It's also its own +wind statstick so Fujin never needs to worry about a weapon to boost her elemental damage.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow I had no idea these rebirth dungeons were coming. This festival is amazing.

I'd be somewhat miffed if I were a day one player, though, because I'd have done all these already and spent the mythril on the crap banners we had two years ago. Now I have hundreds more mythril to spend on far superior banners.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

NaanViolence posted:

Wow I had no idea these rebirth dungeons were coming. This festival is amazing.

I'd be somewhat miffed if I were a day one player, though, because I'd have done all these already and spent the mythril on the crap banners we had two years ago. Now I have hundreds more mythril to spend on far superior banners.

Yeah... yeah that part kinda sucks. Especially if you're a day 1 player with awful luck.

And nobody knew these were coming, because Japan didn't get this. Which is a shame because in JP I'd be one of the people getting to cash in on hundreds of mythril from old events.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've actually started buying lottery tickets in an attempt to cash in IRL on some of the infinitesimal odds I've been hitting. I don't know if I'm going to post my total fest haul because it would feel too much like gloating.

Does anyone know what the percentages are for the newest style of banner? The kind XV has.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Definitely a bit frustrated about this event, mostly since there's absolutely nothing to do. I got to kill once ancient Ultimate so far, at least? :shrug:

People keep harping on about the year one orb advantage, which is partially true. However I would probably trade every single orb gained during 2015, the skills crafted with them, all the EXP, and every single relic I got during that time, if I could get a full mythril refund. Like it wouldn't even be worth thinking twice over. I'd just slam that button repeatedly. The nature of the game is that the quantity of Orb and EXP rewards also keep ramping up along with the quality of relics. It's just considerably faster to create and hone a r3 5* skill now, than it was during 2015-2016, and it only keeps getting easier and faster.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

NaanViolence posted:

Does anyone know what the percentages are for the newest style of banner? The kind XV has.
Banners are still 14% total.

The split should be:
  • 2 6* Relics (1% each)
  • 4 BSB (1% each)
  • 3 LMR (1% each)
  • 2 SSB (2% each)
  • 1 SSB (1% - Should be the last banner item, so Noctis SSB)

The upcoming FF2 event is a step backwards with an SSB replacing a BSB and LMR from event rescheduling, then back to normal with VIII.

The VII event onwards will be swapping that 1% SSB with a 6* relic, which will be the format for a while.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 18, 2017

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I've been dumping the handfuls of mythril from renewal dungeons into the IV Banner because it's one of my most sparse realms. Got me a Golbez BSB, hell yeah. I've wanted something for Golbez forever and his BSB is legitimately super rad. I am super happy. :yayclod:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i did a second pull on XV since i got noctis legend materia on my first pull and i was hoping to get high five sword. i got the aranaea 6* spear, another prompto auto crossbow, and high five sword. right now noctis is easily my best character, lifesiphon double hitting sometimes is super good. i have a decent ffxv team now with aranaea having the 6* and prompto having auto crossbow and having iris' moogle.

now i have no idea what to save pulls for next.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

rabidsquid posted:

i did a second pull on XV since i got noctis legend materia on my first pull and i was hoping to get high five sword. i got the aranaea 6* spear, another prompto auto crossbow, and high five sword. right now noctis is easily my best character, lifesiphon double hitting sometimes is super good. i have a decent ffxv team now with aranaea having the 6* and prompto having auto crossbow and having iris' moogle.

now i have no idea what to save pulls for next.

The next FF Tactics banner coming later in November is the next major power banner. Can't go wrong with that one.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Attestant posted:

The next FF Tactics banner coming later in November is the next major power banner. Can't go wrong with that one.

As a forewarning, Vivi's USB is right after that, and the fairly stacked XII banners right after.

I'm making maybe one pull on the next VIII banner and one on the next IV banner, and then it's all in on IX.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Uncle Ulty posted:

Am I the only one playing the game of "constantly click through every one of the Rebirth Dungeon menus every day because I'm continually afraid I forgot about one"?

Also I actually got a 5* relic from a dollar draw for FFIV the other day! ... it was a Bomb Core.

Yep this is me, for every single event ever. I wish they could put like a mastered tag on event banners when you finish everything like they do for the individual dungeons.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
So the renewal ending date is fixed to be 11/5. Personally I'm looking at 100ish mythril refreshes if I intend to do everything. Assuming less prior event completion and a shorter stamina bar you could easily be looking at over 200 refreshes.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

So the renewal ending date is fixed to be 11/5. Personally I'm looking at 100ish mythril refreshes if I intend to do everything. Assuming less prior event completion and a shorter stamina bar you could easily be looking at over 200 refreshes.

200 refreshes for at least 700-800 mythril and a boatload of orbs/eggs/skills/5* accessories, assuming the later realms (notably 7, 8, and 10) are as affluent as 4/5/6 are.

If anything, the hard part is going to be finding the spare time to do all that poo poo in the next 18 days.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 18, 2017

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

KataraniSword posted:

700-800 mythril

:negative:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I'm probably gonna pull once on the Tactics banner just because of the power level of the relics even though I have an absurd amount of gear for that realm already because of lucky draws, but I really want some relics for Vivi just to reinforce my decision to legend dive him, even though he seems to be perfectly capable of putting in work on magicite dungeons without anything at all.

What's so good about the upcoming XII banners?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

KataraniSword posted:

200 refreshes for at least 700-800 mythril and a boatload of orbs/eggs/skills/5* accessories, assuming the later realms (notably 7, 8, and 10) are as affluent as 4/5/6 are.

If anything, the hard part is going to be finding the spare time to do all that poo poo in the next 18 days.

Hey, I wasn't saying it's a bad deal. And yes, another thing to realize is that you will need hours of gameplay per day to get this done. Luckily you can autobattle through most of it until the boss victory conditions start to require you to inflict sap or something.

For a new player I'll add to your list unlocking pretty much every character in the game and their MC1 too. And a truckload of MC2s.

I'm yet undecided if I want to do everything or just snipe the mythril, the extremely good accessories like the Gigas armlet and useful abilities I don't have. One of the ability rewards was a Water Veil. I can live without a Water Veil. I'll take a Lightning Dive and Titan from the same event though, I have neither. Orbs come and go, not too worried about them and don't consider them worth mythril refreshes.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Hey, I wasn't saying it's a bad deal. And yes, another thing to realize is that you will need hours of gameplay per day to get this done. Luckily you can autobattle through most of it until the boss victory conditions start to require you to inflict sap or something.

For a new player I'll add to your list unlocking pretty much every character in the game and their MC1 too. And a truckload of MC2s.

I'm yet undecided if I want to do everything or just snipe the mythril, the extremely good accessories like the Gigas armlet and useful abilities I don't have. One of the ability rewards was a Water Veil. I can live without a Water Veil. I'll take a Lightning Dive and Titan from the same event though, I have neither. Orbs come and go, not too worried about them and don't consider them worth mythril refreshes.

The good thing is that 3* ability rewards (and rarely 4* rewards, namely Fire Blossom and Soaring Jump) are in the normal stages. You'd get the Water Veil just by farming the mythril.

The 5* abilities (and most 4* abilities) involve going through the +/++/+++ battles, though, and the accessories involve doing the Ult on top of that. Even assuming you can clear all that content, that's an extra 160 stamina cost per accessory (or more, if it's one of the old boss rushes with more than 2 stages). Might not be worth it for the raw +Stat accessories, though the ones with resistances are a better investment.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I'm probably gonna pull once on the Tactics banner just because of the power level of the relics even though I have an absurd amount of gear for that realm already because of lucky draws, but I really want some relics for Vivi just to reinforce my decision to legend dive him, even though he seems to be perfectly capable of putting in work on magicite dungeons without anything at all.

What's so good about the upcoming XII banners?

It's most just a catch-all for a bunch of strong relics; Ashe's potent USB (the first 'chase that grows in power based on hones'), Vaan's great relic set (albeit split up between the two banners), a recurrence of Larsa's BSB for those who didn't pick it from CT, and some new stuff for Penelo/Balthier/Basch.

It's not as gamebreaking as Tactics Advance, but there's little 'bad' relics outside of the SSBs.

Penelo also becomes an interesting hybrid around that time - her LMR is 25% chance to Doublecast White, and her LM2 gives her a chance to cast a Medica for free after using a Dance. Sadly they don't stack as far as I know, but it allows her to slot into either role pretty efficiently.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I really like the idea behind the renewal helping new players out, but it would be nice of them to do something for the veteran players who are getting absolutely nothing out of the deal, even if it was a really token "hey your account has existed since x date, have some mythril!". I've got a couple friends who are really unhappy about this renewal because they think about all the time they spent and all the mythril they wasted on ancient poo poo banners pre-G0 while newbies get to spend all this stuff on current really good banners and how deeply unfair it feels.

I've done the vast majority of the renewals already when they were current, but I'm generally getting 10-20 mythril per realm for free simply because I didn't really start playing until Edea came out. Meanwhile my day one friends get dick all.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's most just a catch-all for a bunch of strong relics; Ashe's potent USB (the first 'chase that grows in power based on hones'), Vaan's great relic set (albeit split up between the two banners), a recurrence of Larsa's BSB for those who didn't pick it from CT, and some new stuff for Penelo/Balthier/Basch.

It's not as gamebreaking as Tactics Advance, but there's little 'bad' relics outside of the SSBs.

Penelo also becomes an interesting hybrid around that time - her LMR is 25% chance to Doublecast White, and her LM2 gives her a chance to cast a Medica for free after using a Dance. Sadly they don't stack as far as I know, but it allows her to slot into either role pretty efficiently.

It's a really good banner, but pretty skippable if you have decent realm synergy already or similar elemental coverage. More specifically, there's no meta changer here and nothing that really helps with the evolution of the game or anything. It's simply a banner that covers its bases really, really well. I was originally planning on doing a pull here, but I'm likely just gonna skip for the next XII event after getting Reks and Larsa BSBs from this fest.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I mostly just hope they bring back 5 Dooms at the end of all this so I can give more people access to 6* skills.

I'm fine with honed skills overtaking BSBs, but it would be nice if I could choose from more than 2 characters if I want to use a particular 6* skill.

iamsosmrt posted:

It's a really good banner, but pretty skippable if you have decent realm synergy already or similar elemental coverage. More specifically, there's no meta changer here and nothing that really helps with the evolution of the game or anything. It's simply a banner that covers its bases really, really well. I was originally planning on doing a pull here, but I'm likely just gonna skip for the next XII event after getting Reks and Larsa BSBs from this fest.

So what would be the next "meta changer" banner after Tactics? Is there any place to see good reviews of upcoming banners? The reddit page used to have them once in a while but that site is a mess to actually navigate so I have no idea if they still do them.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 18, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Kanos posted:

I really like the idea behind the renewal helping new players out, but it would be nice of them to do something for the veteran players who are getting absolutely nothing out of the deal, even if it was a really token "hey your account has existed since x date, have some mythril!". I've got a couple friends who are really unhappy about this renewal because they think about all the time they spent and all the mythril they wasted on ancient poo poo banners pre-G0 while newbies get to spend all this stuff on current really good banners and how deeply unfair it feels.

I've done the vast majority of the renewals already when they were current, but I'm generally getting 10-20 mythril per realm for free simply because I didn't really start playing until Edea came out. Meanwhile my day one friends get dick all.

The sense of entitlement that some turbonerds have over first world baubles as insignificant as phone games never ceases to astonish me.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

never, ever spend your mythril on draws, because it is guaranteed that they'll always introduce something more powerful down the line

just use cash money instead

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Elephant Ambush posted:

The sense of entitlement that some turbonerds have over first world baubles as insignificant as phone games never ceases to astonish me.

Come on dude, no need to be so hostile about it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Elephant Ambush posted:

At the same time, that sense of entitlement is explicitly cultivated by companies that make games like this, to get players dropping more cash.

A player that gives a gently caress about what they do or don't get is one that's more likely to spend on tilt.

Which then makes it a cycle, because the more money you burn on something like this, the more of a sense of entitlement you'll have in a desperate attempt to justify the waste of money.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
What day 1 players got out of these old dungeons is:

- playing them when they were new
- all the rewards were relevant at the time
- the orbs and accessories and abilities that lasted them months. Some of them, like Gigas Armlets, are still used today. They've been able to take advantage of that utility for as long as it's been around. Other people had to craft and hone some of these
- the mythril gained back then was spent on relics that were relevant and powerful at the time. Nobody is entitled to have their old dumpy Tiny Bees suddenly made relevant again

That's just off the top of my head.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Attestant posted:

Come on dude, no need to be so hostile about it.

He's not wrong though.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Elephant Ambush posted:

What day 1 players got out of these old dungeons is:

- playing them when they were new
- all the rewards were relevant at the time
- the orbs and accessories and abilities that lasted them months. Some of them, like Gigas Armlets, are still used today. They've been able to take advantage of that utility for as long as it's been around. Other people had to craft and hone some of these
- the mythril gained back then was spent on relics that were relevant and powerful at the time. Nobody is entitled to have their old dumpy Tiny Bees suddenly made relevant again

That's just off the top of my head.

- I'm not sure how playing them when they were new is an actual gain as compared to playing them now. You can achieve the exact same experience right this instant, if you want.
- The rate of orb gain and experience gain has increased exponentially as the game has moved forward. You can probably gain every single major orb that a day 1 player earned in the first year of the game's life by popping a couple of refreshes on an orbfest these days. People used to farm dungeons for 3* orbs because there were no dailies!
- It doesn't really matter if old players had access to stuff like Gigas Armlets because with the advent of the renewals all of the content that new players didn't have access to that old players did is now available, and all of the hard content where these accessories are extremely useful to have like jump starts, torments, and magicite are either freely doable or on a repeating cycle(which is another innovation newer players get to benefit from).
- Or the mythril was spent on 0/11 pulls because those were a thing for a very long time, or relics that weren't even good back then because it took a very long time for DeNA to get a handle on how to balance and design the game in a sensible manner. Go look at old unique SBs and how abysmally terrible 95% of them are.

I'm not a day one player; I started around Edea's release. As someone actively benefiting from the renewals, I really like them and think they're a good thing. I just don't think that day one players should be left out of getting something cool as a thank you, too, for supporting the game long enough that it still exists for new players to enjoy.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I'm little salty I don't get much out of these events coming back. I came in like around the 9 event with Garnet and Vivi so only missed like eight banners. However, it's cool to go back and stomp levels that I couldn't do and it's cool that people that came back to the game or are brand new can get a shitload of mythril. I love me some dumb phone game but I love it even more when I can play multiplayer with my buddies or my lady and talk about strategies and poo poo

Would it be cool to have mythril to compensate for the dark days of going 0/11? Well sure, who the hell wouldn't. However I can hone nearly any ability to r3 without blinking, something new or returning players cannot feasibly do.

Besides, I got Shadow's USB, BSB, and SSB and was able to instantly level him to 99 and legend dive him so I'm pretty drat content atm

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 18, 2017

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
So no one should play any game with power creep ever is what I'm getting out of this. Why play Destiny 2 now when in 6 months it'll be way easier to hit 315 light level? Why play any mmo? Etc.

I'm a day one player who took a break so I'm missing a banner here and there and I don't really care that I'm 'missing out' on better use of mithril and think it's a really ridiculous argument in the context of mobile video games (or video games in general) but I suppose if you want to be salty go right ahead.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I mostly just hope they bring back 5 Dooms at the end of all this so I can give more people access to 6* skills.

I'm fine with honed skills overtaking BSBs, but it would be nice if I could choose from more than 2 characters if I want to use a particular 6* skill.

So what would be the next "meta changer" banner after Tactics? Is there any place to see good reviews of upcoming banners? The reddit page used to have them once in a while but that site is a mess to actually navigate so I have no idea if they still do them.

CareerSMN from Reddit does the JP event round ups, though he doesn't really seem to give much commentary (finding his profile is pretty easy, just click on the "submitted" tab to see his OP posts with event megathreads.

The most significant banners after Tactics Advanced though, IMO:

III (Onion Knight's USBs)
Tactics (Orlandeau Banner plus the best relics from the first Advance banner, YMMV depending on prior luck)
JP 3rd Fest Banner 1 (Tyro's USB3 and pretty much all the best LMRs in the game) - Banner subject to change

Few things to keep in mind, banner quality on the whole goes up a few notches, probably way more than any time I've played in the past 11 months (way less dud relics), so if there's a banner that catches your eye, or a realm you really like, feel free to throw a pull still.
3rd Anniversary had a TON of good and generous opportunities to shore up your relics--the triple draw banners, the 2 sets of 33x draws, choice relic set draw (at the cost of 50 myth), that's not even getting to the fest banners themselves.

These are mostly my practical opinion on maximizing your best bang for buck relic pulls over the next 6 months or so. But if you're getting a huge influx of mythril like I am now, you can feel free to make it rain a bit.

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 18, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The one thing I would like from all this are some 4* motes....

Also maybe more Gil from honing all these abilities and such...

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

iamsosmrt posted:

JP 3rd Fest Banner 1 (Tyro's USB3 and pretty much all the best LMRs in the game) - Banner subject to change

real excited for this one getting replaced by his USB2

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

PneumonicBook posted:

So no one should play any game with power creep ever is what I'm getting out of this. Why play Destiny 2 now when in 6 months it'll be way easier to hit 315 light level? Why play any mmo? Etc.

I'm a day one player who took a break so I'm missing a banner here and there and I don't really care that I'm 'missing out' on better use of mithril and think it's a really ridiculous argument in the context of mobile video games (or video games in general) but I suppose if you want to be salty go right ahead.

What I'm getting at is it's okay to be a little mad but you probably have a way more robust roster of gear and abilities than the folks that are getting mythril right now. Doing 0/11 pulls loving sucked and are definitely way worse than drawing multiple ssb dupes. And the old relics got power creeped like crazy, like Irvine's 10 shot thing is now a 5* ability. Folks wanna pull new shiny poo poo regardless if they're day 1 or brand new so you can't fault folks. It's just when they endlessly bitch about it where it's like, c'mon, take stock of what you got man.

Moving away from that poo poo though, is Tyro USB3 also a freebie?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Prav posted:

real excited for this one getting replaced by his USB2

Relics that debut on anniversary or fest banners have never, ever been changed. It's only ever the repeats that get shuffled.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Servaetes posted:

What I'm getting at is it's okay to be a little mad but you probably have a way more robust roster of gear and abilities than the folks that are getting mythril right now. Doing 0/11 pulls loving sucked and are definitely way worse than drawing multiple ssb dupes. And the old relics got power creeped like crazy, like Irvine's 10 shot thing is now a 5* ability. Folks wanna pull new shiny poo poo regardless if they're day 1 or brand new so you can't fault folks. It's just when they endlessly bitch about it where it's like, c'mon, take stock of what you got man.

Moving away from that poo poo though, is Tyro USB3 also a freebie?

Yea I agree with that.

Whoops got Tyro's USB3 messed up with the festival one, nothing to see here.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 18, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
USB3 wasn't a freebee, it was the banner headliner for the Fest Banner 1. I posted the banners in this thread so I'll just quote myself.

pichupal posted:

Tyro USB3 - Party Wall, Protect, Shell and Haste
    OK USB (The magic one)
    Marche USB
    Aphmau USB
    Morrow USB
    Ramza BSB2
    Marche BSB
    Aphmau BSB
    Iris BSB
    Mog BSB
    Tyro LMR
    OK LMR
    Ramza LMR
    Aphmau LMR

All the banners were pretty great, but they're very targeted. If you have good Buffs, Ice/Lightning relics, physical Wind relics, physical earth relics or Fire/Water relics, each banner becomes less valuable.

Edit: Too slow

pichupal fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 18, 2017

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I'm not sure how meta defining Tyro's usb3 is going to be. It's a nice all in one defensive buff but with it lacking a boost you're still bringing Rikku/OK/etc. It's definitely nice but I don't know how much mithril I'd throw at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

PneumonicBook posted:

I'm not sure how meta defining Tyro's usb3 is going to be. It's a nice all in one defensive buff but with it lacking a boost you're still bringing Rikku/OK/etc. It's definitely nice but I don't know how much mithril I'd throw at it.

Yea, it's nice but I feel like it's mostly just a chance for players without a wall to get a new, better one instead of throwing Sentinel's Grimoire on a banner yet again.

Also I think maybe they felt like since they brought out a new version of shout (well, two if you count physical USB OK) they had to update wall.

• Locked thread