Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Uriel is probably the best weapon in the game just now. Everything balanced and reasonable without being op.

The meta is obviusly broken.

After the next balance patch something will be a new meta, maybe pulse rifles. Time to stock a good fast firing pulse rifle. Perhaps Vigilante Wings will be the meta when they nerf MIDA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Please make 450 pulses really good so I can use the Purple Nergal

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Log posted:

Man, very helpful stuff.

Did TLW transfer into this game well? I was about to quit Destiny 1 after a month or two of playing and getting that as a drop sucked me right back in.

TLW isn't in the game. Yet... it may appear in a DLC.

You should be looking for the following weapons:
Scout - Nameless midnight. This is the story reward. Good all around rifle because it has explosive rounds. The explosive effect deals good damage if you miss your crits. You can use it in PVP if you don't have a MIDA or something else you like to use. MIDA is a quest, so look up how to get it started.
Auto - Uriels Gift. Long range auto with high caliber rounds (AKA the meta). Origin Story and Scathelock are also very good.
Pulse - The IB pulse is decent, same with Lincoln Green, but it doesn't compete with HCR guns right now.
Handcannon - Better devils is the go to. Good for PVE, I can't use it at all in PVP. Current HCR meta makes me miss shots. Hand canons are in a weird place right now.
SMG - Antiope is the one to get since it is kinetic and you can pair it up with other weapons like Uriels. Othewise the MIDA mini tool is decent too. Use these in D1 shotgun range and they are very effective.
Sidearm - Last hope is very good with a fast TTK, kind of feels like a trespasser from D1. Etana is another good sidearm. Melts people close up with you hip fire it.

Hawthornes shotgun is good for PVE and PVP, so keep that if you get one.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Hawthorne's makes a really satisfying metallic sound when you shoot it. Maybe the other shotguns do it too, but I mostly notice it on the Hawthorne's.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I tried to use shotguns in D2, but I just don't get it. For the same ammo you can use a rocket launcher (that kills the whole solar system) or a blade (that leet you peek corners in 3th person) or even a fusion rifle (That turn people into sparkling dots of light). Shotguns in D2 they may kill good, but not when I use them and they seems less fun than the alternatives.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tei posted:

After the next balance patch something will be a new meta, maybe pulse rifles. Time to stock a good fast firing pulse rifle. Perhaps Vigilante Wings will be the meta when they nerf MIDA.

For real just go force yourself to play like 5 matches of PvP with Vigilance Wings and you'll see the light

I hated pulse rifles but that poo poo is dooooooope

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Johnny Truant posted:

For real just go force yourself to play like 5 matches of PvP with Vigilance Wings and you'll see the light

I hated pulse rifles but that poo poo is dooooooope

Man I keep trying but I don’t get it. Do you use counterbalance mods?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

FishBulb posted:

I enjoy VW and don't use Counterbalance mods. A five-crit burst from it is destructive; melts other Guardian shields off like it's chocolate in the hot Osirian sun.

Second pull is usually lethal, likelihood increases geometrically the more friends you have in the teamshot ball.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I was horrible with vigilance wing.

For some reason I enjoy the trials AR more than Uriels even if it lacks HCR.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

I was horrible with vigilance wing.

For some reason I enjoy the trials AR more than Uriels even if it lacks HCR.

I have been owned by that gun plenty of late. If you can land the precisions, the faster fire rate is murdah

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Vigilance wing: pro tier choice for xim users everywhere.

I have run it with chest slot counterbalance but didn't notice much of a difference compared to not using the mod.

I run it with foetracer too, not sure if the extra damage from the wallhack perk is helping me out enough to make a difference but it might be.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

I have been owned by that gun plenty of late. If you can land the precisions, the faster fire rate is murdah

Trials AR is 450 as well

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

Trials AR is 450 as well

gently caress, I thought you meant IB, :derp:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/920666144846970880

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Trails game from Midtown were we lost 1 flying in and got almost flawless 3v4 game in.

https://youtu.be/FdPdKwFtFeE

My favorite part is when they started waving at the start, cocky fuckers :allears:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

FishBulb posted:

git gud

But seriously, no I didn't use a counterbalance mod, but it did have a relatively high learning curve compared to our other pew pew devices

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

lmao between this and savathun, what the gently caress are they doing

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

Nothing. Guarantee everyone at Bungie is in a panic trying to get the PC version launched. Consoles are in pause mode for now.

I figure by December when things have settled down we'll start to see them actually start to talk about fixing the broken poo poo.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

xzzy posted:

I figure by December

:thunk:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

xzzy posted:

Nothing. Guarantee everyone at Bungie is in a panic trying to get the PC version launched. Consoles are in pause mode for now.

I figure by December when things have settled down we'll start to see them actually start to talk about fixing the broken poo poo.

It's not even a case of not fixing issues, it's of them not giving enough of a poo poo to preemptively select another strike instead of causing yet another PR incident.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
"PR incident" = some cranky nerds on reddit got mad they couldn't do the prestige nightfall for a day so they changed it

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Legs Benedict posted:

"PR incident" = some cranky nerds on reddit got mad they couldn't do the prestige nightfall for a day so they changed it

PRestige Incident

I think the point here is that the honeymoon period where Bungie is contractually obligated to run around with hair-on-plenty-fire because of the staggered platform release schedule plan.
By December, EVERYTHING will be live and even the PC community will have its VERY FIRST :3: Iron Banner under their belt. I'm so proud of them.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 18, 2017

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

There's no reason to keep fueling the whining with mistakes that are so incredibly easy to avoid.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mango Polo posted:

What's up with savathûn

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

hitchensgoespop posted:

Has Skyburners Oath dropped for any one yet? Is it worth hankering after?

This is the gun to use for the armsdealer quest by the way. It owns.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

PathAsc posted:

What's up with savathûn

Sometimes one of the crystals you have to pop won't count, so you are blocked at 5/6 and unable to continue.

Was known since day 1, bungo still picked it for a nightfall.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

PathAsc posted:

What's up with savathûn

She's Making Titan Great Again

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Kinetic Counterbalance mods

a: can you craft them or are they like the kinetic damage mods where you have to trade in 2 dismantled mods to the gunsmith and pray?

b: can they be crafted/dropped to fit any armor slot? Or is it restricted to say, Hunter cloaks only? EDIT: Internet says Chest and Cloak only.

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 18, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

PR incident = your game doesn't work and you have known about it for a month but you don't bother to fix or mitigate so you look like an asshat

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mango Polo posted:

Sometimes one of the crystals you have to pop won't count, so you are blocked at 5/6 and unable to continue.

Was known since day 1, bungo still picked it for a nightfall.

Lol

Waffle House posted:

Good, I vote her

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

What are this 2 levers in the raid for?

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/920697398300684288

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

xzzy posted:

But Bungo aren't developing the port

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bungie has hundreds of employees and a separate developer (Vicarious Visions) handling the PC port. There’s no reason that the Nightfall should still be broken at this point.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Akuma posted:

But Bungo aren't developing the port

lol if you don't think there's a laundry list of poo poo they have to do to integrate the pc port into their infrastructure.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffle House posted:

SAVATHUN: One Big rear end Mistake America

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It a gunna be cool beta testing everything before it hits PC.

Are they going to keep the PC on the same time table the console versions have had?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tei posted:

What are this 2 levers in the raid for?

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/920697398300684288

Are those the two in the small room on the left of Embarkment? I think they open the Waterfall route

RBA Starblade posted:

SAVATHUN: One Big rear end Mistake America

I'm looking forward to her specific inclusion in the series; she is the Clever sister.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I finished Destiny 2.

I now can pass trough merelly physical barriers intro the inside void of the world.

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/920699461222924290

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Norns posted:

It a gunna be cool beta testing everything before it hits PC.

Are they going to keep the PC on the same time table the console versions have had?

Nah, once the PC release is out it'll have parity. So like, no waiting for the raid, events will probably line up, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

So they just miss one IB and a Faction Rally