Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

you're not helping yourself here, and i'm the one that started this whole conversation. You have turned something that started as "why was this, and behavior like it ignored" to "this behavior is ultimate proof that all leftists are nazis. People mistook that as my original argument, and I attempted to clarify that it was not my argument. Then you came in here like "hold my beer".

My question is the same, why was it ignored?

For some reason my post has riled up the usual whiners far more than the inciting post from Fizz. Hand waving it away with a dismissive "it's dumb, end of discussion" should not cut it in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

yronic heroism posted:

IT WAS IGNORED BECAUSE IT GOT EDITED BEFORE PRACTICALLY ANYONE COULD READ THE BAD WORDS

It's no longer been ignored because you've been ranting about it for pages now and we've all agreed it was bad.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

FuzzFishle, please report to the thunderdome for cross-examination.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

WampaLord posted:

IT WAS IGNORED BECAUSE IT GOT EDITED BEFORE PRACTICALLY ANYONE COULD READ THE BAD WORDS

sounds to me like it was fizz's mask that slipped then. Like an average idiot poster would own up to a mistake of judgment rather than deleting it like an errant Trump tweet.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Helsing posted:

My galaxy brain take on this is that yronic heroism is a deep cover leftist doing his best to discredit centrism

I have never claimed to be a centrist.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

yronic heroism posted:

I have never claimed to be a centrist.

Take a break dude

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Helsing posted:

My galaxy brain take on this is that yronic heroism is a deep cover leftist doing his best to discredit centrism

its working.

yronic heroism posted:

For some reason my post has riled up the usual whiners far more than the inciting post from Fizz. Hand waving it away with a dismissive "it's dumb, end of discussion" should not cut it in my book.

It went ignored, as wampa said, because it was quickly edited. My response to it was also mostly ignored, but I feel like my posts and mostly Majorian's and others hashed the problem out pretty well. You pretty much ignored that discussion and kept beating a dead horse.

I am understanding of the idea that it seems like some groups play fast and loose with facts and sometimes lean into ironic nazism, poo poo posting, or trolling, but there are actually people willing to engage in good faith arguments if you try. the trick is not letting the bad posters paint the picture of the good posters. Call them out, and bring the discussion around why these posts are a problem, but don't be stupid like me and paint with a wide enough brush that you make the good posters not want to engage with you.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

yronic heroism posted:

sounds to me like it was fizz's mask that slipped then. Like an average idiot poster would own up to a mistake of judgment rather than deleting it like an errant Trump tweet.

would you like fries and a drink with that today sir?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Look the bottom line is I am willing to call it out as Nazi poo poo in this context and don't think I need a loving lecture from Kilroy about that.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
apparently you did need a lecture, and still do, because your take on the whole "controversy" is the dumbest thing I've seen whole week.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

yronic heroism posted:

Look the bottom line is I am willing to call it out as Nazi poo poo in this context and don't think I need a loving lecture from Kilroy about that.

Take the drat L

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Helsing posted:

:agreed:

yronic heroism posted:

:cry:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

yronic, centrism is on the line here. If you retreat from this hill the war will be lost

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

And then we institute a 1000 year proletarian reich.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Koalas March posted:

Take the drat L

It's not a game? And though I like your posting overall I'm purposefully not engaging with you further at this time after that gross alt right claim, because if that was serious, just wow we would have nothing to discuss.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

yronic heroism posted:

It's not a game? And though I like your posting overall I'm purposefully not engaging with you further at this time after that gross alt right claim, because if that was serious, just wow we would have nothing to discuss.

Did it ever occur to you that literally everyone disagrees with what you're saying because you're wrong?

Nice parting shot by the way.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

NewForumSoftware posted:

Did it ever occur to you that literally everyone disagrees with what you're saying because you're wrong?

Best post/user/av combo, close the thread

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

yronic heroism posted:

Best post/user/av combo, close the thread

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

yronic heroism posted:

You can still be a loser even if you're not a gamer

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

yronic heroism posted:

Do you literally use your knowledge to call for a "kristallnacht" of your enemies? I am guessing not.

Dude this is Something Awful Dot Com, I type _____enstaffel (usually Trumpenstaffel) or try to make something ____stasi or reframe something about blood and soil all the time because "lol ur a nazi" and Godwin's Law is in such a weird rear end place right now that I am still transported to Byronesque subliminal consciousness every time I realize Donald J. Trump really is president and that he really is the spearhead of the modern american nazi movement and the template for the spreading flame of 21st century palingenetic ultranationalism. I am Percey Shelley, Trump is Mount Blanc, and the fog is the distant farting of the Angel of Death

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 18, 2017

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

^ There's a difference between that and literally claiming a Nazi concept as your own proposed plan of action.

I appreciate the Mount Blanc though.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

pulled the mount blanc out of my rear end though.

Actually I have had dreams in that kind of setting, snowshoes on ground ramping steeply off cliffs into punji pits of jagged ice crags in the last snowcapped mountains in the 2200s, a whiteout of fog obscures the world beyond the vertical cliffs of rock, and I'm walking hand in hand with a young girl who is describing in monotone the end of humanity as a species capable of sustaining society beyond patches of tribes and familial nomads

above me in a pause in the wind, stars twinkle and a satellite moves slowly, dimly across the sky, ancient and uncaring

I turn to look at her again, I see my own face. I wake in a coffin, deep underground, I realize humanity has been dead for decades already, and fall back to sleep

these result in some of my more peaceful morning moods, somehow

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 18, 2017

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

yronic heroism posted:

^ There's a difference between that and literally claiming a Nazi concept as your own proposed plan of action.

It's pretty clear that Fiz wasn't proposing a serious plan of action.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Majorian posted:

Many a Pepe would say the same.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Shut the gently caress up already, literally nobody agrees with you, everybody thinks you are stupid and wrong, what will it take to make you go away and stop trying to have the last word in this thread making GBS threads derail

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

FYI since we are (in a way) in discussion on white supremacy/racism, the old Negrotown thread was goldmined, and there is a fresh one off the griddle.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

steinrokkan posted:

Shut the gently caress up already, literally nobody agrees with you, everybody thinks you are stupid and wrong, what will it take to make you go away and stop trying to have the last word in this thread making GBS threads derail

Nikolai Yezhov him.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Majorian posted:

Yeah, this. It was still bad framing and in very poor taste, though.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

yronic heroism posted:

Kilroy (who has wished death on other posters)
wrong on the facts here, btw

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
yronic heroism: wrong on the facts, wrong about Nazis, wrong for USPOL THUNDERDOME

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Kilroy you've wished death on me multiple times, I've felt it

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Who goldmined it?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

What do you think this thread was derailed from?

Kilroy posted:

wrong on the facts here, btw

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=13719

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

Who goldmined it?

I asked and did it. Does it matter?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Koalas March posted:

I asked and did it. Does it matter?

Not really, no. D&D doesn't get goldmined threads very often, so I was just curious.

yronic heroism posted:

What do you think this thread was derailed from?

Hot, delicious primary talk.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

Not really, no. I was just curious; D&D doesn't get goldmined threads very often, so I was just curious.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah Negrotown is awesome and officially part of SA lore, so it deserved to get goldmine imo.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

NObody had better say the Negrotown thread was goldmined because of affirmative action. Thats not the sort of joke we like to see around here so please just don't do it!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Koalas March posted:

FYI since we are (in a way) in discussion on white supremacy/racism, the old Negrotown thread was goldmined, and there is a fresh one off the griddle.

Congrats! This is well-deserved!:)

Majorian fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 18, 2017

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
it was a bad post and I deserved the ban but it was not wishing death on a poster or threatening them

but it was close - too close

it's so weird though that you harp on that every chance you get, while there are other posters here who have repeatedly done worse and you don't have anything to say about it

like I don't see you bringing up fulchrum's much more explicit death threats toward me, every time he posts, for example

so weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

NObody had better say the Negrotown thread was goldmined because of affirmative action. Thats not the sort of joke we like to see around here so please just don't do it!

"ironic" racism is still racism buddy

• Locked thread