Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Bridge chat: there's also the consideration of the water table when lowering a road. My city did that to a road that passes under a freeway and every June it floods due to being lower than the highest level the water table gets too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

canyoneer posted:

edit:
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/10/18/caught-on-video-burglar-broken-leg/
Burglar falls 2 stories, breaks leg and loses teeth, steals $32 hat.

right in my veins

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Bridge derail again gently caress yeah!

:gizz:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Field Mousepad posted:

:gizz:

Better than most derails we have!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
What can you expect when the bridge is always opening cans? :v:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

orange sky posted:

I actually think they are saying it in reverse

That doesn't defeat the purpose of the thing though, you dumbasses

loving racists

Heh, reverse racism

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 19:57 on Oct 18, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Heh, reverse racism

holy poo poo it does exist :aaaaa:

e: oooh i so beat your booty, booty

TehRedWheelbarrow has a new favorite as of 20:11 on Oct 18, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

canyoneer posted:

I showed that to a coworker and she suggested the police confiscate his teeth and let him keep the hat.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

http://www.pcgamer.com/vanilla-world-of-warcraft-project-elysium-has-been-dissolved/

Quick summary: some people really, really want to be able to be able to play the original launch version of World of Warcraft, and created their own unofficial/private servers for it (which is one of the big things the developer comes down hard on when they catch wind of it). A little while ago, one of the big private servers, Nostralius, got DMCA'd, and wound up transferring their character data over to another private server, Elysium.

...Today, Elysium revealed that one of their mods embezzled 2000 euros, and another one was engaged in selling in-game currency for real world money (the OTHER big thing the original developer cracks down on), so they're almost certainly shutting down.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://i.imgur.com/5lBl5GH.gifv

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Aerdan posted:

Tell that to Richard Spencer, the man whose involvement in racist activity has now led to a localized state of emergency being declared. Y'know, in addition to having a face so punchable people actually punch it.
That executive order pretty much exist to provide more resources for security measures for Spencer's little hate-party and protect him from any potential consequences.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Field Mousepad posted:

I thought it was more bridge detruck myself.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Spoiler scene from "After I Was Thrown In A River And Before I Drowned" ?

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
Why don't the bridge people just install a swinging bar/chain curtain on the other side to the junction from the can opener, like every low height parking garage ever? It's got to be cheaper than maintaining the can opener and cleaning up all the truck bits.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Why don't people pay attention to the flashing signs, red stoplights, and explicit acknowledgements that all truck rental companies in the area force drivers to sign?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

yaffle posted:

Why don't the bridge people just install a swinging bar/chain curtain on the other side to the junction from the can opener, like every low height parking garage ever? It's got to be cheaper than maintaining the can opener and cleaning up all the truck bits.

They've literally done everything short of a barrier that automatically springs up in front of overheight vehicles, and it's still happening.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

yaffle posted:

To be more explicit, they have done that.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

wayfinder posted:

Rarely do you see this much aftermath:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RD740IESnY

:stonk::hf::froggonk:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

user name/post combo

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

yaffle posted:

/
:downs:

Weatherman has a new favorite as of 22:55 on Oct 18, 2017

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

DiggityDoink posted:

user name/post combo

I heard that "THWACK!" from five threads away.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

They should put up a ramp in front of the bridge, so that it pops up and sends trucks OVER the tracks!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A Moose posted:

They should put up a ramp in front of the bridge, so that it pops up and sends trucks OVER the tracks!

:prepop:

A bridge over the bridge would actually be the cheapest solution!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

yaffle posted:

Because trucks that are turning at the intersection would also hit it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Dick Trauma posted:

I heard that "THWACK!" from five threads away.

Congrats on being less obnoxious a gimmick than EXTREME INSERTION. Did I say congrats I meant thanks for not posting Moon over June.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

:prepop:

A bridge over the bridge would actually be the cheapest solution!

*bridge over bridge gets hit by a tall train*

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Azhais posted:

*bridge over bridge gets hit by a tall train*

yeah but now it's on the idiot train driver :smug:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

queserasera posted:

I thought it was more bridge detruck myself.

No, derails are the reason they can't just raise debridge.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The only harm that bridge causes is to idiots, the can-opener beam protects the bridge. It's a perfectly sustainable and good situation. If they're smart they also have massive fines and it's a net profit.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Phanatic posted:

No, derails are the reason they can't just raise debridge.

:discourse:

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

canyoneer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fct01X8r33I&t=139s

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/QnEbKC4.gifv

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I can already envision all the snow rash!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Aerdan posted:

Tell that to Richard Spencer, the man whose involvement in racist activity has now led to a localized state of emergency being declared. Y'know, in addition to having a face so punchable people actually punch it.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

IIRC, he suffered a ruptured testicle. :pwn:

Dude got his balls blasted into space, goddamn.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I like this.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

This reminds me of some podcast I listened to that explained the core stupidity of banning stuff like TMNT in some countries, specifically because of nunchucks. Have a kid spend five minutes on a nunchuck, and he'll learn not to use the things on his or her very own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/ysshnoi.gifv