Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

The endpoint is a hybrid with the non-American soccer system where you can draft 16 year olds and send them to the g-league but can't bring them up to the main team for 4 years or however long.

Yeah that's what I was suggesting. This would own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dangerdoom volvo posted:

is there somewhere like nbastreams that lets me watch games on demand? theyre usually on too late for me to watch live, its like 1am here

http://nbahd.net

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Why didn't Tracy McGrady ever play for the US Olympic team?

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 18, 2017

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

you have to look directly at the camera for a passport photo

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Ghost Dog posted:

hahaha.

God I love McGrady eye jokes. 45 years from now I'll be making them while my confused grandchildren assume I am just senile.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Michael Corleone posted:

I was right all along! But I did look it up and guys like Jermaine O'Neal who I think I remember being considered a bust for awhile played like 10 minutes a game.

JO was a really weird case of development. He was stuck behind Rasheed and Sabonis for all 4 years and probably would have gotten more minutes on most other teams.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ghost Dog posted:

:golfclap:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
What would you guys think about a system where if you come in at 18 you have an extra team-option year and an additional year before you can get to UFA. Basically coming out at 18 means you are under team control for that extra year, but you get your draft-slot salary. If you come in under the criteria currently set, you don't have that extra year.

I doubt ownership would give up the age-restriction for nothing since it benefits their teams because they have control during a "better" year of play, but something like that might be more palatable....

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This keeps telling me "user not found"

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

That link worked for me in Chrome.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.paul-zipser.com/

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Oh my god.

quote:

Hi everybody!

Finally, here we go again! Almost five months without a real, competitive game are simply too long.

Of course I spent the summer working on my game. Now, at long last, it’s time: soon our first regular season game will tip off in Toronto!

After that everyone was all the more motivated for training camp. Every single day we worked hard on gameplay and fitness. Not always fun but very important. There was another difference to last year: This time, no matter if it was a gameday or not we mostly maintained the same workout routine and kept going hard. That’s very unusual. Normally, frequency and intensity of the practice sessions are adapted to scheduled games.

It shouldn´t come as a big surprise that we often ended up being tired during our preseason games. But it paid off: we’re in really good shape right now! We can be satisfied with the games so far. As long as we’ve defended hard we’ve been right in the mix. Personally, I started off fairly well and was hitting my shots in the beginning. But then the fatigue caught up with me, too – the shots weren’t falling anymore.

Of course I was looking forward to the game in Dallas. As you might know, since this season it’s not only Dirk who’s playing for the Mavs but also another guy I know from back home – Maxi Kleber. By coincidence we all were in the weight room at the same time before the game and could joke around a little. Then during the game I was talking to Dirk from time to time – always extremely amusing. Before and after the game I had the chance to chat some more with Maxi.

Now, finally, here we go again! As a group we want to work hard, as a young team we want to grow, and then let’s just see what we can accomplish. I personally? I’ve learned to help leading the team with my style of play. I still see my main job at the defensive end. Additionally, I want to be more aggressive offensively, take more shots without forcing anything. Every night I want to give the team whatever is needed.

On Thursday our season will start in Toronto – I hope you all are just as excited as I am!

So long!
Paul

Is he gonna update this with Blog Posts.

*adds to favorites*

Next post has gotta be,

"gently caress that punk rear end bitch Niko Mirotic, he got what he deserved"

Also this video is on the site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qoqqtkh8eBs

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 18, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Eric Gordon was fantastic last night.

THere are like 6 games I want to watch tonight. For months there've been mostly 0!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I could still see Boston beating Cleveland in the playoffs because Tatum and Brown will only get better over the course of the year and that team is so loving athletic that Cleveland's dinosaur squad could have a very hard time in a series with them. Especially if Thomas isn't himself again by then.

That comeback happened last night largely because they had more energy. I know it's game one of 82 and the playoffs are a totally different beast, but there's just so many old dudes on Cleveland.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ThompsonScribe/status/920731240621154304

I wish I had a good and fun coach.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

sportsgenius86 posted:

I could still see Boston beating Cleveland in the playoffs because Tatum and Brown will only get better over the course of the year and that team is so loving athletic that Cleveland's dinosaur squad could have a very hard time in a series with them. Especially if Thomas isn't himself again by then.

That comeback happened last night largely because they had more energy. I know it's game one of 82 and the playoffs are a totally different beast, but there's just so many old dudes on Cleveland.

This is insanity

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bigass Moth posted:

Why didn't Tracy McGrady ever play for the US Olympic team?

Hadn't broken out yet when they picked the 2000 team, no one wanted to play on the 04 team (he was one of the guys from the 2003 FIBA Americas team that destroyed everyone who turned down an Olympic spot), and was almost done by 08

MourningView fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 18, 2017

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

Yeah when I try to watch a game, it tells me I need to sign up. But then there's no way to sign up.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

sportgenius86 continuing to earn their username

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Oh my god.

*adds to favorites*

Next post has gotta be,

holy poo poo i saw the video but didnt watch it

did this man just put a 14 year olds video up on his professional website

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

AggressivelyStupid posted:

holy poo poo i saw the video but didnt watch it

did this man just put a 14 year olds video up on his professional website

this is why I can never quit the bulls.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

im 8 minutes into this video i cant stop

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

yo i take it back the kid is like 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyrAPRE3YWc&t=53s

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

When young guys get big minutes they usually hit a wall around 1500 or so. It's just so much harder than a college or prep season. Tatum was also a tale of two halves. First half he looked completely lost. He turned on in the third quarter, but you'll see more of that first half play this season. What we saw in the third quarter was great though, and I think he is a super encouraging rookie.

Jay Brown, man he looked great. That is basically exactly what you want from a second year guy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

sportgenius86 continuing to earn their username

I’m a Cavs fan living in Ohio. It is my duty to be pessimistic.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Edit: Someone else posted the Butler video

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

The Bulls are the greatest team in sports history.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

im 8 minutes into this video i cant stop

You have a starting lineup of LaVine, Zipser...*dead air*

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
NBA games are at like 10am - 1pm here. I've just moved into a private office at work.

My productivity is going to hit rock bottom.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Coffee Grindr posted:

NBA games are at like 10am - 1pm here. I've just moved into a private office at work.

My productivity is going to hit rock bottom.

you're living your best life, you lucky bastard

Sixers gonna kill it tonight

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

and that's exactly why Kobe Bryant was able to get one before retiring.

Actually he won it by being the most valuable

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

zoux posted:

What was the worst Kobe got hurt

Wade broke Kobe's nose in the 2012 ASG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsGIQsK48U0

Emery posted:

Caught Lopez doing an interview this morning and he's talking about the teams "good mojo" and how they have to help Portis and Niko "repair their relationship"

:lol:

zoux posted:

Did y'all see Lebron say he sucks and is terrible after putting up almost a triple double

LBJ is now leading the league in OWS and DWS.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

Oh my god.

*adds to favorites*

Next post has gotta be,

I hope one day I can believe rolo is worth 2 first round picks

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dexo posted:

Oh my god.

*adds to favorites*

Next post has gotta be,

First reason why Zipser has the potential to be the next NBA superstar: Dwyane Wade will be gone and he will play more.

This kid is a Genius.

fake edit: did he just say that Robin Lopez will net 2 first rounders???

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

How does Basketball scheduling work? Is there a key day where you know there will always be good games, and so I should make sure I always tune in at like 7:00 on a Thursday or something like that? A reliable marquee matchup day/time? Or is it just whenever and I should watch all games all the time

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

zoux posted:

Ah the Princeton offense

I mean, were high schoolers going straight to the NBA that big of a problem? I get there were a few high profile busts but there are plenty of those that went to college too.

I remember someone months back in the off-season thread (maybe during the playoffs) doing a breakdown of every high schooler drafted from Kevin Garnett onward and the all-star/solid pro/bust ratio was pretty much exactly the same as those draftees who went to college.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

┳┻|
┻┳|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻| _
┻┳| •.•) That Mia Khalifa/Gilbert Arenas show is on YouTube now.
┳┻|⊂ノ
┻┳|

I wasn't super entertained.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Is there a YouTube or something that explains how the NBA works? I've decided to like basketball but I'm a Euro and I don't know anything. I know Steph Curry is good

YouTube Lesson #6:

These are called circus shots:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii8NGkLSA6w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl9wXPlicO8

This is how you heckle an NBA superstar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOw95bLv1dQ

This is Landry Fields. He was the best player on the Knicks for sometime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOvL9q7p3cE

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

blue squares posted:

How does Basketball scheduling work? Is there a key day where you know there will always be good games, and so I should make sure I always tune in at like 7:00 on a Thursday or something like that? A reliable marquee matchup day/time? Or is it just whenever and I should watch all games all the time

Only watch the Bulls on TNT

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

blue squares posted:

You should watch all the time but marquee games are often scheduled for a Thursday night double header on TNT. Other important slots are Sunday afternoon through night but those occur more often later in the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

https://www.paul-zipser.com/bilder/zipser/zipser_ballhandling.jpg

This is my favorite new URL

• Locked thread