Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Koalas March posted:

What's wrong with Donna Brazile? I honestly have no idea. I only know her really from watching AM Joy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...illary-clinton/

She is entirely without any ethics. Oh and her new book is perpetuating the "Russia Stole the Election" narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Koalas March posted:

What's wrong with Donna Brazile? I honestly have no idea. I only know her really from watching AM Joy.

Other posters can fill in the blanks on how her political 'preferences' affect her decision-making, but one of the more egregious problems she's been a part of lately is her attempt to steer anything vaguely related to potential Russian involvement with Donald Trump and the 2016 election cycle into another red scare, focusing so hard on blaming the results of the general election on Russian meddling that apparently she has decided to release a whole book on how that was the deciding factor and literally nothing else.

More generally she's just kind of bad and grossly out of touch.

Edit: in all putting Brazile in a position of political responsibility is bad, though not the worst thing Perez has done. Appointing Dan Halpern as finance chair comes closer, I think.

ded redd fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 18, 2017

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Koalas March posted:

The people kvetching are the same people who call Joy Reid a transphobic centrist monster so I think you can probably figure out what they hate about Donna Brazile.

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

Crowsbeak posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...illary-clinton/

She is entirely without any ethics. Oh and her new book is perpetuating the "Russia Stole the Election" narrative.

She's a proud black women who's willing to do anything to get ahead.

Of course that scares the white people in this thread who don't want minorities getting ahead.

They'd totally love it if it was a white man.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Even beyond the most recent controversy, Brazile is an old hand whose glory days are well behind her. Her biggest claim to fame is having run Gore's campaign in 2000. Regardless of who you support, everyone should agree that we need younger blood with fresher ideas at the DNC.

To use a football metaphor, it's like if Ole Miss hired Phil Fulmer to be their head coach. Sure, he was great a two decades ago, but the game has passed him by. He's more fit for the country club than the sidelines.

Edit: I don't even mind her personally. She's wonderful, but in a Party apparatus featuring so many older people who got their starts in the 80s, we need to start letting some of these guys go.

Democrazy fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 18, 2017

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

JeffersonClay posted:

The people kvetching are the same people who call Joy Reid a transphobic centrist monster so I think you can probably figure out what they hate about Donna Brazile.

Well that she is a centrist monster, Like you. People like you are monsters.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

She's a proud black women who's willing to do anything to get ahead.

Of course that scares the white people in this thread who don't want minorities getting ahead.

They'd totally love it if it was a white man.

Yeah, I distinctly remember people cheering Rahm on (I think someone literally said, "He's an unethical gently caress but he's on our side!") when he was working for Obama.

JeffersonClay posted:

Gotcha.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
The argument that awful person is good if they are your awful person is the path to destruction. Lets look at how Rahm has governed Chicago. Is that what you want? Is that what your comfortable.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Koalas March posted:

Yeah, I distinctly remember people cheering Rahm on (I think someone literally said, "He's an unethical gently caress but he's on our side!") when he was working for Obama.

That was more people like me, though - I was a hardcore centrist at the time. Lefties here were still pretty unsparing in their criticism of him.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Realize that Perez nominated 70+ people to DNC at-large positions, so really if there's only 1 Clinton-old guard worth complaining about, that's a massive improvement.

quote:

A Democratic source told The Hill that Perez’s nominees would double the number of millennials and Native Americans currently represented at the DNC. It will also increase the DNC’s LGBT presence and representation from Puerto Ricans, at a time when Trump has been criticized for his response to the hurricane that has devastated the island territory.

Perez’s delegate slate also includes Ellie Perez, a so-called Dreamer — an immigrant brought to the U.S. without legal permission as a child — from Arizona, and Marisa Richmond, a transgender African-American woman. If Perez’s slate of delegates is approved, it would bring the total number of unions represented by at-large DNC members to 21, which the source said was the highest mark in years.

“This year’s slate of at-large DNC member nominees reflects the unprecedented diversity of our party’s coalition,” DNC national press secretary Michael Tyler said in a statement to The Hill. “This slate doubles millennial and Native American at-large representation, provides unprecedented representation for our allies in the labor community, and increases the presence of Puerto Rican at-large members at a time when the Trump administration refuses to take responsibility for the millions of Americans who are still suffering through a major humanitarian crisis.”

Perez’s slate of delegates also includes several names that will be familiar in Washington and in Democratic circles, including former interim DNC chairwoman Donna Brazile.

Several supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) are also on Perez’s list, including former Sanders spokeswoman Symone Sanders.

Two people who challenged Perez for DNC chair have been nominated — Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) and former South Carolina Democratic chairman Jaime Harrison. After a hard-fought and sometimes bitter campaign, Perez tapped Ellison, a Sanders supporter, to be his deputy chairman.

Labor leader Randi Weingarten, who backed Ellison in the DNC chair race over Perez, is also nominated.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/355954-dnc-chairman-aims-for-diversity-with-delegate-nominations

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Koalas March posted:

Rahm has always been the gold standard of awful Democrat, he is so hella bad it's unreal.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

The argument that awful person is good if they are your awful person is the path to destruction. Lets look at how Rahm has governed Chicago. Is that what you want? Is that what your comfortable.

Trust me, this is not something I'm ok with.

That said, I disagree with Donna and Joy on a lot of things and may not want them to have any type of leadership roles, but I can also acknowledge misogynoir against them. And for the record, I'm not accusing anyone in this thread of that. I just don't doubt that they get extra bile spit at them by the virtue of being prominent black women.

At least I still have auntie Maxine.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Potato Salad posted:

Unironically. Don't forget, Trump is going to make sure every American is insured. Many read into this that he's pro single payer. Or medicare expansion, just----uh, done right I guess.

And it isn't a cesspit of leftist villany or something. Subs have left the, um, left behind as they transition, often even before subbing.

So basically, no, you have no evidence whatsoever that T_D has a leftist population outside of a few parroted campaign slogans that don't mean what you think they do (lol if you think anyone read into it that hes pro single payer) and you're fueled on pure delusion. Glad we got that covered.

What is it like to just fabricate conspiracy horseshoe theories out of thin air?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I haven't been following Virginia, but it was something to read these articles back to back.

https://nyti.ms/2kWrrhO

quote:

Some in the party wish Mr. Northam would more aggressively trumpet the candidacy of Justin Fairfax, 38, a lawyer and the Democratic nominee for lieutenant governor who could be the first black candidate elected statewide since 1989. And a growing chorus of black activists and strategists say the party’s church-focused appeals are not reaching younger African-Americans. Instead, they say, Mr. Northam needs to talk directly about sensitive issues like policing and criminal justice for blacks under 40 to turn out.

https://thinkprogress.org/virginia-gubernatorial-campaign-fliers-929fce27e960/amp/

quote:

With less than three weeks to go before Virginia voters elect a new governor, Democratic nominee Ralph Northam sent out a campaign flier this week promoting the top of the party’s ticket that omitted the name and picture of Justin Fairfax, his black running mate.

The decision to remove Fairfax, the Democratic nominee for lieutenant governor, came at the request of officials at Laborers’ International Union of North America, or LiUNA, who decided against endorsing Fairfax because of his refusal to support pet projects backed by the union, including two natural gas pipelines that are proposed to cross Virginia.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

Well that she is a centrist monster, Like you. People like you are monsters.

So are they on your camps and branding list?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Koalas March posted:

That said, I disagree with Donna and Joy on a lot of things and may not want them to have any type of leadership roles, but I can also acknowledge misogynoir against them. And for the record, I'm not accusing anyone in this thread of that. I just don't doubt that they get extra bile spit at them by the virtue of being prominent black women.

That's a fair point, and there are plenty of white male Democratic strategists who deserve at least as much derision as Brazile.

That said, my problem with Brazile is mostly that she doesn't seem to be very good as a strategist/campaign manager, yet she keeps getting hired. She did a pretty lousy job as Dukakis' field director in 1988, helped bungle Gore's campaign in 2000, and certainly didn't help Clinton's campaign in 2016. I'd like it if the Democrats stopped hiring her for important positions, but the same is true of Jim Messina, Brian Fallon, Mark Penn, etc, etc.

And yes, Maxine Waters is a loving hero, and the fact that people like Hannity hate her so much personally is proof.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Motto posted:

I haven't been following Virginia, but it was something to read these articles back to back.

https://thinkprogress.org/virginia-gubernatorial-campaign-fliers-929fce27e960/amp/

:psyduck: That is phenomally bad holy poo poo. Labor unions being poo poo, Democratic Party being poo poo, everyone is poo poo in this poo poo sandwich and Fairfax is losing out because of it.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Motto posted:

Can’t think of a worse way to handle this.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

DC Murderverse posted:

bernie people do not like her because she allegedly gave hillary clinton access to debate questions before a primary debate.
yes "allegedly"

this time next year you'll be dismissing it as conspiracy theory I suspect

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

God Almighty.:ughh: Way to embody multiple bad caricatures of organized labor, LiUNA.

And way to embody the caricature of a spineless Dem, Northam.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Kilroy posted:

yes "allegedly"

this time next year you'll be dismissing it as conspiracy theory I suspect

Hillary was told about one question that was like the most blindingly obvious question that is going to happen at a political debate in this era(if I recall correctly was about abortion) that every politician should be prepared for anyways.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

BrandorKP posted:

So are they on your camps and branding list?

That list is private. Anyways I prefer struggle sessions.

Koalas March posted:

At least I still have auntie Maxine.

I will say if the dems were putting out Mook, or Podesta onto the DNC committees I would be equally pissed.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Khisanth Magus posted:

Hillary was told about one question that was like the most blindingly obvious question that is going to happen at a political debate in this era(if I recall correctly was about abortion) that every politician should be prepared for anyways.

doesn't matter. also, this is thunderdome material, take it there

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Motto posted:

that's entirely hosed up. why even bother having him as a running mate northam if you're that ashamed of him?

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

And yes, Maxine Waters is a loving hero, and the fact that people like Hannity hate her so much personally is proof.

Maxine waters, another vile centrist who guarantees us Trump collided with Russia, and who spends her time misleading us into thinking this will lead to his impeachment.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

JeffersonClay posted:

Maxine waters, another vile centrist who guarantees us Trump collided with Russia, and who spends her time misleading us into thinking this will lead to his impeachment.

Don't come for auntie Maxine. She will snatch your wig.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

JeffersonClay posted:

She supports Medicare for all, so she gets alot of passes from me.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

steinrokkan posted:

At least when leftists criticize "their own", they focus on actual policies and opinions, meanwhile the best liberals can muster in keeping down leftists is character assassinations and sleazy insinuations. "What you said totally reminds me of Glenn Beck, are you a Russian bot?"

My favorite is when someone on the left said that mainstream democrats should 'bend the knee' to Bernie's policies, then some brokebrained neolibs started flooding twitter about how that means sexual assault or something absurd along those lines. Interesting how so-called 'moderates' are actually extremists.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

JeffersonClay posted:

I'll respond to this in Thunderdome.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

JeffersonClay posted:

Joy Reid is a transphobe. The poo poo she said about Chelsea Manning in the past, and her defending Kamala Harris's transphobic actions were complete bullshit.

Edited because two separate instances blurred together in my mind.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 19, 2017

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Joy Reid is a transphobe. The poo poo she defended and said to Chelsea Manning to try to defend Kamala Harris's transphobic actions was complete bullshit.

Wait, what exactly did she say? I know she's against what Chelsea did (and in her defense Snowden iirc) but drat.

Ya'll are Milkshake Ducking Joy for me :(

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Koalas March posted:

Wait, what exactly did she say? I know she's against what Chelsea did (and in her defense Snowden iirc) but drat.

She said some pretty inexcusable poo poo.

e: And has been doing it for years.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Koalas March posted:

In about five more years we'll realize that we're all milkshake duckable somehow

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Koalas March posted:

Besides defending Harris for the transphobic stuff I talked about before, she went and tried to say that "maybe it's because Manning is trans that she did what she did and she'd have been less 'volatile' if she got surgery earlier. It's, at best, weird and lovely. And, yeah, she has a history of saying poo poo about Manning that's bad.

I slightly mixed up another thing though; Manning called her out on Twitter for defending Harris's past actions, but Reid didn't respond then as far as I am aware. The two instances blurred together in my mind. So, ignore that bit; as far as I can tell, she didn't directly argue with Manning, sorry. I'll edit that part of that last post since it's pretty misleading. Still said some bad things, but not in the way I said earlier. My gently caress up there.

Edit: That said, yeah, I'm pretty sure Reid, Harris, and others get more poo poo on account of being black women. There are probably at least some racists using their transphobic actions as a bludgeon who don't really care about trans people and/or give similar things a pass. Which is also awful.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 19, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
"Sources: Chief of Staff John Kelly Didn't Know Trump Would Publicize Obama Not Calling When His Son Died"

Real headline on CNN right now.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

It was about Flint I think.

But anyway "I only cheated to get information I could have figured out anyway!" does not make her more ethical, it makes her less competent because it hurt the candidate's image in the general election for literally no reason.

Being willing to risk helping Republicans just to keep someone else from winning the primary is bad enough, adding "but it didn't even help me anyway" is baffling political malpractice.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Koalas March posted:

Out-of-touch with not only political trends, but most other trends as well.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Koalas March posted:

She said the army should have supported Manning's mental health and transitioning needs, and had she felt supported by the military she might not have leaked poo poo in the first place. Apparently it's transphobic to suggest mental health could have affected a person's decision making.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

JeffersonClay posted:

She said the army should have supported Manning's mental health and transitioning needs, and had she felt supported by the military she might not have leaked poo poo in the first place. Apparently it's transphobic to suggest mental health could have affected a person's decision making.

It is transphobic to attribute a decision to be a whistleblower to being trans, yeah. Paging Dr. Samuel Cartwright to the phrenology ward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

JeffersonClay posted:

Lol nope:

Someone should add “transphobe” to your title.

• Locked thread