Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

“Pick you didn’t eat your vegetables so now you get to choose which prisoner dies.”

You do remember that they did this for stuffed animals,right? I've posted about that in the past. I had to select which should be burned. They also sent me to catholic school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Pick posted:

You do remember that they did this for stuffed animals,right? I've posted about that in the past. I had to select which should be burned. They also sent me to catholic school.

I really want to picture them tying two stuffed animals to pyres, holding a torch and screaming at young Pick to choose

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot about that. They really did go all Sophie’s choice on you.

That’s like cartoonishly evil.

E: the Catholic school I mean.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Blade Runner posted:

Boyfriend is a whiny idiot, but also it's blatantly obvious that boyfriend was a hundred percent right about being worried and uncomfortable, considering she hosed the guy as soon as they broke up. Anyway, both are idiots, shove it into the giant pile.

Uh, no, unless the OP is really badly mischaracterizing the "breakup" her ex is a hundred percent wrong. "My SO might sleep with someone else if I break up with them, verbally abuse them, repeatedly tell them I've got zero interest in them and just in general not only burn down that bridge but also bomb the rubble until it's unrecognizable, so they should cut them out of their life" is not a reasonable or sane boundary to have in a relationship.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blade Runner posted:

I really want to picture them tying two stuffed animals to pyres, holding a torch and screaming at young Pick to choose

Stove.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Straight White Shark posted:

Uh, no, unless the OP is really badly mischaracterizing the "breakup" her ex is a hundred percent wrong. "My SO might sleep with someone else if I break up with them, verbally abuse them, repeatedly tell them I've got zero interest in them and just in general not only burn down that bridge but also bomb the rubble until it's unrecognizable, so they should cut them out of their life" is not a reasonable or sane boundary to have in a relationship.

It's not reasonable or sane, the boyfriend is not reasonable or sane. He is, in fact, a moron who got owned. However, she also hosed the dude the second her boyfriend broke up with her, so yeah, she was obviously interested in him.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Stove.

You should have burnt the house down.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

This dweeb needs to loosen up

I (30m) was asked to wear a costume I'm not comfortable with at work. I don't know what to do

quote:

Well, first, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I would like some advice on the matter. Please tell me
where to go if this is the wrong place.

To begin with, I just started working at this job about three months ago. So far things have been pretty good, and I felt like I was part of the team. The company culture is very laid back, and there are lots of team events and outings. Every year, they celebrate Halloween and it is apparently a very big deal, with a costume contest and big prizes. My team has been trying to figure out what costumes to wear for awhile now, and today my manager called us all into her office. Apparently, she had been discussing the issue with some other other team members, and they decided together that we were going to dress up as 'A League of Their Own.'

One of my coworkers was explaining this, and after she said that she said 'and we already know what Joox is going to be.' I'm not familiar with the movie, so I asked what she was talking about. The movie is about a women's baseball team, and apparently there is a scene where a kid tells the team they are going to lose, and the coach throws something at the kid. They showed me a video of the kid, and I said I wasn't really comfortable with this, and they told me that it was either that or dressing in drag. Then they said I had to put chocolate on my face and make the same motions the kid does in the movie and that I had a line to say. I feel like I'm being chosen because of how I look, and I really feel uncomfortable about this whole thing. My team is 4 men and the rest women, so all the other guys are going to dress in drag and one guy is going to be the coach. I don't think they are very comfortable with this either, but they seem to be more okay with it than I am.

I have issues with my self esteem, and it feels like the kid in the movie is an object of ridicule. Now, I feel like the whole team just sees me as a fat kid. I thought I was fitting in, but now I'm not really sure. If I go along and dress up, it feels like I'm just going to be laughed at. I already tried to tell them I wasn't comfortable with this, and they made it clear that it was already decided for me. What do you guys think I should do?

TL;DR - Told to dress as joke character. Don't want to, but not sure how to get out of it.

The costume that has him so uncomfortable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgAsNtmlQJU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pick posted:

Stove.

you're going to break the stove you insolent child

TO THE CHOKEY

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Pick that is very terrible and I’m sorry your parents pulled poo poo like that on your developing child brain. If you ever choose to have kids I’m sure you will be a much better parent simply by virtue of not forcing them to reenact Saw.

I [28F] don't know how to tell my boyfriend [42M] that I am married to another man [34M]

quote:

I have been married for 4 years and have 2 kids, one is an infant and one is 3 years old.

I walked in on my husband with another woman, and we fought a lot, but agreed to stay for the kids. I met a guy at work who I hung with. He then kissed me, and took me to his house where I had sex with him. He then told me he loved me and wanted to be with me.

I do love him and appreciate how he treats me. He also has the potential to be a GREAT father. I don't know what should I do. Husband stopped cheating, but I am still angry at him.

TL;DR : I don't know how to tell my boyfriend that I am married to another man, but I still love him. what should I do?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pick posted:

See I'm all for deciding that physical punishment is counterproductive and cruel but following that up with Baby's First Sophie's Choice sure is something. Like... man. There's a difference between taking a toy away for a while and doing that.

Sorry that happened to you.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick that is very terrible and I’m sorry your parents pulled poo poo like that on your developing child brain. If you ever choose to have kids I’m sure you will be a much better parent simply by virtue of not forcing them to reenact Saw.

I [28F] don't know how to tell my boyfriend [42M] that I am married to another man [34M]

Doing the right thing seems totally outside your wheelhouse so tell him youre pregnant and its his.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lol at using "boyfriend" after having sex once.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My (21F) boyfriend (22M) has a huge problem about me working at a club. Help?

quote:

Throwaway for obvious reasons.

I just turned 21, my boyfriend is 22. We met at school, almost a year ago. I’m a double major in biology and physics, and he is majoring in journalism. We both graduate in the spring, and will be joining the peace corps. This was both our individual plans before meeting each other.

I’m an only child from a middle class, borderline abusive family that I don’t speak to and he is from a upper class (his parents make $1M+ together) family that would literally burn our city to the ground if someone so much as hurt him.

They respect him, his opinion is valued, but he isn’t completely spoiled. He works, but only because his parents advised him to. They pay his rent, car insurance, health insurance, etc. He only pays for groceries, and he spends most of his time eating at my place.

Our issue is that I’ve been working at a large gentleman’s club (the biggest in my state) for the past two years. I work 4 nights a week and have an internship with the Division of Public Health, but I make only a little more than minimum wage there.

I make $500+ per night at the club.

Unlike my boyfriend, I pay for all of my own expenses, including part of tuition (which his parents pay for) since my scholarships cover the rest. I don’t qualify for financial aid because of my parents income bracket, but I don’t speak to them or any of my family.

He thinks my job is a waste of my time, that I could find one that pays “like just as much money” that’s relating to my career choice, he doesn’t like the way we have to dress (it’s lace bodysuits — not completely through — with thigh length satin robes and 4 inch heels). I’m just a server. I walk the floor and that’s it.

I’ve told him before he could start paying my bills and I would quit, or he could just break up with me if he doesn’t like it and he won’t do either, but won’t shut up about it. He can’t find any of those other “jobs that pay just as much” and he even suggested that I’m only willing to work a low tier job because I’m black, and that I think he doesn’t understand because he’s white.

I’m extremely close to just breaking up with him if he mentions it again.

I’ve tried explaining that it’s just money, but he doesn’t get it. He thinks that if I can “do work like that” it says something about me as a person besides that I’m broke and paranoid about being even more broke.

Any advice on what to do? I genuinely like him, which isn’t a common thing for me, but I don’t see why he can’t realize some jobs are just jobs and nothing more for working class people. And while he had statistical back up for his comment about our races, it still rubs me the wrong way.

**TL;DR; : My boyfriend thinks me working as a hostess at a club is the end of the world and my self respect. I think it’s just money. Who’s right/wrong?

Edit: he things “doing work like that” is bad because he thinks my “bright mind” should be used to help people and not feed into social and financial misogyny and some other bullshit that’s not going to pay my bills. I wear my fair share of tight clothing outside of work, and he’s never made a peep. He’s also a self proclaimed feminist, and swears his issue with my job is the industry itself and the men it caters to.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Convince him that you're actually your evil (or, more likely for you, good) twin, as it is obvious you live in a Spanish soap opera

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Palpek posted:

Lol at using "boyfriend" after having sex once.

i once made a comment to some dude in grad school i wished i could find a girlfriend

he was like dude i live in your apartment complex you have had like, 5 girlfriends

turns out he thinks anyone you go on a date with is a former girlfriend

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Haifisch posted:

My (21F) boyfriend (22M) has a huge problem about me working at a club. Help?

cool, a dumbfuck sheltered rich white boy is going to drive off his hot smart black girlfriend by being a condescending rear end. guarantee he's going to use this to justify his heel turn in ten years when he drops his faux leftism to become the upper crust dick he was born to be

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

maskenfreiheit posted:

i once made a comment to some dude in grad school i wished i could find a girlfriend

he was like dude i live in your apartment complex you have had like, 5 girlfriends

turns out he thinks anyone you go on a date with is a former girlfriend

This is sad for someone in grad school but would be adorable for someone younger

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I guess Halloween's coming:

My date [21/F] has turned out to be a creepy stalker.

quote:

Last week, I went on a blind date. My friends set me up with this girl that they knew from work and our first date was out first time seeing each other. We just did a simple outing of going to a movie and getting some ice cream afterwards and it was a fun time. We got to know each other and there was nothing about her that seemed off or out of the ordinary. She even texted me after the date and said that she can't wait to go on another date, and I was also looking forward to seeing her again.

A couple days later, I was leaving work and as I was in the parking lot, I saw this same girl standing by my car and she was looking into the driver's window. It looked like she was trying to be really secretive about it. She eventually saw me and immediately ran off into her car and drove off before I could confront her. I tried calling and texting her about it, but she wouldn't respond.

And this past weekend, I was sleeping at my house and I usually leave the window open this time of year because of how cool it is. But I always leave a screen in the window, so it's not 100% open for someone to easily crawl in. Anyway, I was trying to get to sleep and I heard some movement in the rocks outside my window. I didn't think too much of it at first since there are usually some animals in my neighborhood like rabbits, stray cats, and even coyotes. But then I heard that the movement was far too frequent and noisy for it to be a small animal...then came the voices. I stayed lying down in my bed with my eyes closed, but I still heard "He looks like he's asleep". I immediately shot out of my bed and I heard "Oh poo poo". I looked out my window and saw two figures running into a car and driving off. As the car drove off, it drove through a streetlight and I saw it was the car of the girl from the blind date. I recognized it because of the pink cancer awareness ribbon bumper sticker that I saw she had.

And just today a few hours ago, she sent me a text asking me when I work next. I didn't even bother answering her, but then she sent a message on Facebook saying that she wants me and that she doesn't like the idea of me hanging out with other girls. I've blocked her in every way imaginable, but I don't think that'll hold her off. What course of action should I take? I'm 22 and she's 21. Legally, what do you recommend that I do in the case of a girl stalking me?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Bobby Digital posted:

This is sad for someone in grad school but would be adorable for someone younger

he looked at me like i was an idiot and said:

"a girlfriend is somone you dated. you went on a date with all these girls."

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Palpek posted:

I guess Halloween's coming:

My date [21/F] has turned out to be a creepy stalker.

the only way to deal with a stalker is to outcrazy her. wave around a revolver and talk about how you keep a shovel and garbage bags in your trunk

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Aw she sounds cUte

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Is it worth it to hit on random women if you have specific dating preferences? (self.dating)

quote:

So I have the disadvantage of having some unpopular preferences when it comes to women. Also I'd like to add I am not interested anymore in dating just for the sake of dating. I am wanting to find my life partner if at all possible. I also meet all this criteria and I am attractive. I've had 9/10 girlfriends. Although I've been on a long painful dry spell.

My preferences: 1. In shape 2. Intelligent 3. At least somewhat interested in gardening 4. Doesn't want children (non-negotiable) 5. Non-cigarette smoker 6. Not covered in large tattoos (ideally no tattoos) 7. Wants to live semi rurally 8. Interested in ecology and nature 9. STD free

Ok so lets run some numbers 1/3 women don't want children. 2/3 women are STD free. 1/9 women are interested in dating me. 1/3 women are physically attractive and in shape. 1/3 women have the other characteristics mentioned.

1/3x2/3x1/9x1/3x1/3 = .0026 or .3% or 3/1000 (rounded up)

Let's be generous here and say 1 in 100 women meet the criteria I am looking for.

I just wonder if hitting on random women is even worth it? My friend has had 2 girlfriends that meet this criteria so I know there is some hope. I looked on okcupid and like 1/5 women in colorado meet my criteria. Goddang KY is like a different planet even while living in a "progressive" city.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Going on a blind date with someone is a lot like dumpster diving, to get into the trash you have to be the trash.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
How do I (28M) convince my wife (30F) to let me drink again? She thinks I used to be an alcoholic and I kind of just went along with it. But I never had a serious problem, and I've been drinking occasionally recently with no problem. How do I talk to her about this?Relationships

quote:

I used to sort of be a party kid when I met my wife. Like, I used to go out to clubs, raves, festivals, bars etc 2-3 times a week and drink and do drugs and poo poo. When I met my wife, she was really against that, and she hated partying in general. I told her I would quit drinking (which I sort of did naturally either way) and that those partying days were behind me. I remember she started saying that I used to be an alcoholic, and how thankful she was I got over my addiction. I didn't wanna be like... I was never an alcoholic, because in some ways I totally was, like I was drinking 3 times a week and poo poo. But I was also 22 years old. In other words, while I was drinking a ton, I never felt I was addicted to it. My wife never had that nuance, alcoholism was a deadset thing for her.

Anyways, now she acts like I am some survivor of alcoholism and it kind of bugs me but we don't really talk about it that much. I've brought up that I wasn't ever that bad and she tells me not to downplay my old addiction, and that its fine to have weak moments in life and stuff. I don't even argue, but I always thought it was funny how little she knows about how much college kids drink.

Anyways, for the past year of so I have been going out with coworkers and having a drink or two. And sometimes I wish I could go home and have a beer or something, or have a glass of wine at dinner in front of her. I can't even imagine her reaction, she is dealthy scared of me being around alcohol, its like a thing for her. I think she thinks it adds almost this kind of like... idk, spice? to our relationship? Like she thinks of herself as the savior who brought me out of alcoholism. she sometimes gets so dramatic about it I almost want to laugh inside. I was just a dumb kid in new york who went out to too many bars, not some sad lonely person who drank a gallon of vodka a night.

anyways, I want to clear this up with her, but I am not sure how. I love her to death but she is really naive about this aspect of life. What should I do? How does one go about this? I know I should have eased into this better, and probably took a bigger stand when she kept saying I used to be an alcoholic, but at the time I was just like "whatever, if it makes her happy". Now its backfiring. I mean poo poo, a man just wants to have a beer or two or even smoke a joint.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Dude, if she finds out you were never an alcoholic she'll have to leave you to find a real one.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Blade Runner posted:

It's not reasonable or sane, the boyfriend is not reasonable or sane. He is, in fact, a moron who got owned. However, she also hosed the dude the second her boyfriend broke up with her, so yeah, she was obviously interested in him.

Sure, but until he unilaterally broke up with her the fact that she might be interested in her friend wasn't really especially relevant to anything. Being in a relationship doesn't magically make all your interest in other people go away forever and if you can't cope with that fact you shouldn't be in a relationship; she was honest enough to realize that she needed to establish appropriate boundaries with her friend, and did. That's about all you can reasonably ask for.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Straight White Shark posted:

Sure, but until he unilaterally broke up with her the fact that she might be interested in her friend wasn't really especially relevant to anything. Being in a relationship doesn't magically make all your interest in other people go away forever and if you can't cope with that fact you shouldn't be in a relationship; she was honest enough to realize that she needed to establish appropriate boundaries with her friend, and did. That's about all you can reasonably ask for.

Perhaps the boyfriend had a problem with the friendship because he felt that Adam was the kind of friend she'd have sex with if he wasn't in the picture, and it turns out that was indeed the case.

Great job keeping the standby on standby during the relationship, maybe the fact that she had a standby ready to go was the concern.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

LadyPictureShow posted:

This dweeb needs to loosen up

I (30m) was asked to wear a costume I'm not comfortable with at work. I don't know what to do

"The Office Halloween party is coming soon! We've chosen the theme, and the costumes and roles. You're the fat annoying kid. No, you don't get to pick someone else." If it actually bothers him, he should just put his foot down and say he's coming as something else or not at all. Ie, grow a spine.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Every since I [19F] started university, all my values/beliefs have changed and I feel really conflicted/guilty

quote:

I'm not really sure what advice I'm looking for here but ever since I started university my beliefs have changed. In a sense, I’m happy that they have. I’m more open minded and accepting.

However, I come from a traditional/conservative background so whenever I go back home I feel there’s a huge distance between me and them. Like I can’t relate to them anymore. I don’t think I’m better than them or anything like that, just our beliefs are so different now. I never use to think about the things they say at home but now I can’t stand to be around them when they express ignorant and sexist views. Despite their flaws, I love them so much and they really have been the best family I could have asked for. I don’t really share my beliefs with them or try to force my beliefs on them. But I slip up, like when they’re saying ignorant stuff I can’t help but comment.

Lately, the whole thing has been bringing me down. I feel so anxious and guilty. I’m afraid I’ll lose my family over this. They’ve already started to exclude me like I’m a pariah or something. I mean they love me but they’re acting like I betrayed them or something? My uncle called me last week to talk some sense into me. He told me that my parents didn’t immigrate to this country for me to become this person and endorse these values…blah blah. I feel guilty because I feel like I’m turning my back on them and their way of life. They’ve done and sacrificed so much for me but I can’t go back to the person I was before.

Is there anyway I can deal with this or fix my relationship with my parents and siblings? I’ve been watching my mouth whenever I go visit but I’m still being excluded

TL;DR: 2nd year uni student, beliefs have changed. Family not happy and feel betrayed by this. They're now excluding me or giving me the cold shoulder.

I'm always glad to see that the leftist/SJW brainwashing program is still going on strong.

maskenfreiheit posted:

Is it worth it to hit on random women if you have specific dating preferences? (self.dating)

Between the potential high-maintenance and love of gardening I think we found a new bf for Pick.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I crunched the numbers and there's one third of a woman meeting that guy's criteria in his state.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Am I screwed here?(self.legaladvice)

OP posted:

A couple weeks ago my daughter had a sleep over with a few of her 17/18 year old friends. They came over and hung out, watched movies, went in the hot tub, etc.

Normally I let my daughter have a beer or two when she’s home with us hanging out. Well during the sleep over my daughter and couple of her friends ended up having a few drinks.

Flash forward to the next day I wake up to sexts from one of my daughters friend claiming we hooked up the night before. She’s 17 and I’m 38.

My wife had gone to bed pretty early and I don’t remember much after midnight.

I DOUBT I had sex with this girl. I’ve been ignoring her texts and blocked her since Saturday but she’s continuing to escalate.

Today she messaged me on Facebook saying she going to go to the police to “get me back” for taking advantage of her.

I don’t know what to do at this point. I don’t want to go to the police because I let the kids drink.

Do I have any protection here? Could the still get my DNA if we did hook up? Am I looking at big trouble for letting them drink? Should I just ignore her until she stops?

I do have a vasectomy so there’s not chance of pregnancy. What should I do here?

I’m in OR if that matters.

A redditor posted:

Don't talk to her or the police, and hire a criminal defense attorney immediately. You're gonna need one. You may also want to hire a divorce attorney as well, since you may need one of those too.

OP posted:

My wife doesn’t believe I would have hooked up with a kid.

She also said she would vouch that I was with her in bed so I’m good there.

A redditor posted:

Why are you posting your intent to commit perjury on the internet? Get a lawyer, yesterday

OP posted:

Not saying we’re going to lie in court or anything.

She says she pretty sure I came to bed early.

My daughter has also said this girl is the school slut.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW???

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Black out drunk? I mean I'm pretty sure the evidence would still be there somehow. Sounds like blackmail to me. Like the kid knows she's got the dude one way or another, furnishing alcohol to a minor, or sex with a minor. Surprised she isn't trying to get money outta the dude, unless I missed that part when I skimmed over it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

You should have burnt the house down.

I still keep a lot of my assets there since it's more secure. Also I'm good friends with my parents :shrug:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

maskenfreiheit posted:

I meet all of his qualifications. this does not please me.

also "1/9 women are interested in dating me" hmmmm

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

I still keep a lot of my assets there since it's more secure. Also I'm good friends with my parents :shrug:.

How often do they force you to destroy some of those assets these days? One item every time you visit, I'd guess.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

How often do they force you to destroy some of those assets these days? One item every time you visit, I'd guess.

They're constantly trying to get me to liquidate the only collection of mine I really, deeply care about (taxidermy). Luckily they can't identify most of it so they can't resell most of it themselves.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Liquidate? So they make you dip it in caustic solution? Jesus Christ, that really escalated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pick posted:

They're constantly trying to get me to liquidate the only collection of mine I really, deeply care about (taxidermy). Luckily they can't identify most of it so they can't resell most of it themselves.

You live with your parents and have a taxidermy collection?