Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Deakul posted:

Yeah, yeah that's all well and good but the biggest news we've got so far is that the motherfuckers put ANIMAL PETTING BACK INTO THE GAME!

That's a pretty haughty attitude for a fuckin' cat of all things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Orv posted:

That's a pretty haughty attitude for a fuckin' cat of all things.

have you ever met a cat

Orv
May 4, 2011

Walrus Pete posted:

have you ever met a cat

S'what I'm saying, it's got no right to complain.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyOHat3p_W4

Well, that was goofier than I expected from Ubisoft for AssCreed.

Got some possible spoilers in the video too.
Particularly what the gently caress at that ANUBIS LOOKING BOSS FIGHT?!!??!... probably those desert hallucinations they mentioned.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well that was loving stupid.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Deakul posted:

Particularly what the gently caress at that ANUBIS LOOKING BOSS FIGHT?!!??!... probably those desert hallucinations they mentioned.

its either desert hallucinations or Eden artifact poo poo.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
What is with all this Ubisoft poo poo about making videos not available in my country, the glorious U S of A?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Deakul posted:

this was shockingly actually funny.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

I'm reaching peak colon allears colon here.

Orv
May 4, 2011
PC reqs, mildly surprising given how pretty the game looks.

quote:

Minimum

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only).
Processor: Intel Core i5-2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-6350 @ 3.9 GHz or equivalent.
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD R9 270 (2048 MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better).
System RAM: 6GB.
Resolution: 720p.
Video Preset: Lowest.

Recommended

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only).
Processor: Intel Core i7- 3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz.
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 280X (3GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better).
System RAM: 8GB.
Resolution: 1080p.
Video Preset: High.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

And here's an accompanying feature list:

"Ubiforum" posted:

What is the download size?
The size of the installed files is around 45 Gigabytes.

Will there be a Day 1 update? What will be its size?
Yes, there will be a Day 1 update, exact size is still to be defined.

What is the maximum framerate of Assassin's Creed Origins on PC?
As on other platforms, Assassin's Creed Origins on PC uses a technology called Dynamic Resolution Rendering that adjusts the resolution on the fly to ensure a framerate as close as possible to the targeted one - in most cases it's totally invisible for the user. On PC, On PC, players can actually choose what baseline framerate they want to target: 30, 45, or 60 fps. They can also select their maximum framerate between 30, 45, 60, or 90 fps, or decide to completely uncap it.

Is it possible to turn off Dynamic Resolution Rendering?
Yes, by turning off the "Adaptive Quality" option in the menus - this will in fact deactivate Dynamic Resolution Rendering.

Is it possible to play Assassin's Creed Origins in 4K on PC?
If you have a powerful enough PC, yes.

What are the new features of Assassin's Creed Origins on PC?
Assassin's Creed Origins PC introduces features that are brand new for the Assassin's Creed franchise:

- Performance Benchmark
For the first time in Assassin’s Creed, we have a benchmark built-in to help our players to validate their tweaked settings.
In-game performance analysis Our engine constantly monitors and tracks the performance on PC (FPS, CPU & GPU usage) to allow our players to profile how their hardware is performing. They can then leverage this information to tweak the game options and improve performance.

- Dynamic Resolution rendering
Dynamic resolution is a technique we use to keep the framerate as close as possible to our targeted max at all times by adjusting the frame resolution on the fly, which in most cases will be invisible to the player.

- In game resolution multiplier (up to 4K for 1080 displays)
If your hardware is powerful enough to render in ultra high resolution (like 4K) but you don’t have a 4K screen then this is for you! You can tell the engine to render the game in higher resolution so that you can benefit from Oversampling or Supersampling. You can also decide to do the opposite: force the game to render in a smaller resolution and always upscale it to your screen resolution. The choice is yours.

In addition to those new features, Assassin's Creed Origins PC supports the customization of Mouse and Keyboard and Gamepad configurations, as well as multi-monitor set-ups.

Does Assassin's Creed Origins support multi-monitor set-ups?
Yes.

Does Assassin's Creed Origins supports the customization of Mouse and Keyboard and Gamepad configurations?
Yes.

Does the game require a permanent online connection to be played?
No. The game will require a one-time connection to the servers for activation but once that one-time check has been made the game can be played offline. Still a daily connection to the servers will be required to get access to some online features that will be detailed at a later date.

Is there any support for Ultra-Wide monitors (21:9 resolution)?
Yes.

Will Assassin's Creed Origins support SLI/CrossfireX configurations?
This will not supported at launch but might come in a post-launch update.

Will the game feature Direct X12?
No.

Will it be possible to adjust the Field Of View?
Yes.

What are the preload dates and times for the PC version?
We'll communicate those times at a later date, stay tuned.

Will there be other features post-launch?
Yes, the development team is already working on PC updates that will be announced and detailed at a later date.

Will Assassin's Creed Origins PC version require a uPlay account?
Yes.

Will Assassin's Creed Origins PC be available on Steam?
Yes, the digital PC version of Assassin's Creed Origins will be available on the uPlay Store and on Steam.

When will Assassin's Creed Origins on PC be released?
Assassin's Creed Origins PC will be released on October 27th, 2017.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/EscoBlades/status/915622612449062912

https://twitter.com/EscoBlades/status/915627228796477443

drat. just drat.

for the non history people. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Claude_Golvin
he is a archaeologist who paints how various ancient cities would look like with good accuracy.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Their own passion over their game makes me all warm and fuzzy. :3:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Season pass and free post launch stuff detailed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khB7YyC4PDc

Sounds baller as gently caress.
I'm honestly really glad that they're going whole hog with the Egyptian mythology.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Deakul posted:

Season pass and free post launch stuff detailed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khB7YyC4PDc

Sounds baller as gently caress.
I'm honestly really glad that they're going whole hog with the Egyptian mythology.

Curse of the Pharaohs sounds like it will be an ancient Egyptian Undead Nightmare from Red Dead Redemption. Which sounds fantastic.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm just a little iffy about the "expansions" coming out within 6 months of release.

They might not be as significant as they sound, I hope they each last longer than 3 or 4 hours.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I wish they would cut the poo poo with this series and make another game like Black Flag. This looks cool, but I want black flag but more & better dammit.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

basic hitler posted:

I wish they would cut the poo poo with this series and make another game like Black Flag. This looks cool, but I want black flag but more & better dammit.

I don't know about better, but Rogue was basically black flag again, but with a different story. I liked it.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

basic hitler posted:

Have you checked out Skull and Bones?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

basic hitler posted:

We already had 3 Black Flags, and the last one was pretty bad.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Xander77 posted:

We already had 3 Black Flags, and the last one was pretty bad.

What was the last one?

Anyone got news on how this is on the PS4 yet, or is it too early? Amazon Prime offering me a launch day copy for $47, plus the $15 gift balance I have sitting around is awful tempting.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

No clue, they've been demoing it on the XB1X afaik.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

While trying to get hyped for this I went back and 100%ed rear end Creed Chronicles Russia. It's actually fairly solid and addresses the weaknesses of China with a better plot, more variety in the missions, better controls, sweet camera tricks etc. The Chronicles series has been continually improving and I'd be down for more. Too bad China gave a lackluster first impression to many.

Check it out! Or don't.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

basic hitler posted:

This game is made by the team that made Black Flag, so you'll probably enjoy it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

And it has boats a plenty. :v:

Unrelated but a cool live action trailer just came out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKN7RTTczTw

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
While we wait (god this is a long feeling wait), our burning questions are answered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvnXUhnMm2M

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

While we wait (god this is a long feeling wait), our burning questions are answered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvnXUhnMm2M

uggggh. that was rough. but yeah. i cant wait, plus nazi killing 2 comes out the same day.

Kuiperdolin posted:

While trying to get hyped for this I went back and 100%ed rear end Creed Chronicles Russia. It's actually fairly solid and addresses the weaknesses of China with a better plot, more variety in the missions, better controls, sweet camera tricks etc. The Chronicles series has been continually improving and I'd be down for more. Too bad China gave a lackluster first impression to many.

Check it out! Or don't.

hmm. ill have to try it sometime. how was india.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Kuiperdolin posted:

Have you checked out Skull and Bones?

I’m all for more black flag style naval combat but the vids out for that game show no player controlled character/melee combat — boarding looked like a one button % chance to win. I don’t think it will be as fun as black flag if you’re glued to the ship, but I hope I’m wrong.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dapper_Swindler posted:

hmm. ill have to try it sometime. how was india.

India is closer to Russia than China gameplay-wise and has some good characters but the overall plot makes no sense (and if you care about that sort of things it kind of contradicts the comics it's supposed to tie in with). And the art direction is not as interesting as the other two.

Another thing I like with Russia is that it's resolutely modern in theme and appearance, there's guns everywhere, electricity, trains, trucks... Some cross-pollination with Syndicate I suppose but it goes even farther.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_EifzBhiI

Pre-launch(lol, it's still a little over a week away) stream with new gameplay and more indepth looks at various systems.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Deakul posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_EifzBhiI

Pre-launch(lol, it's still a little over a week away) stream with new gameplay and more indepth looks at various systems.

at this point it's just mean to do these things with 10 days to go :colbert:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Not much new learned from the stream but it was new gameplay and that's always welcome:

The build they showed off is obviously a current one and it shows, everything looks a lot tighter and more polished... especially animations across the board.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I dunno, I've watched a fair bit of the gameplay releases and as much as they're hyping as being different it looks like more of the same just spliced with some farcry things. All the characters I've seen so far seem pretty boring and wooden.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I haven't seen enough story stuff to judge on the character front but I think Bayek will be pretty interesting just because when starting he's already in his 30s and is a seasoned warrior.

Gameplay-wise, the combat is extremely different since it's more skill based now much like Dark Souls but without a stamina system and there's an overall heavier emphasis on being an actual RPG now too with the loot system.

I'm glad they didn't change enough to lose its identity as an AC game but they changed enough that it'll at least feel fresh.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Oh gawd I'm hyped for an AC game again. I told myself I wouldn't do this again :sigh:

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

So my new favourite detail about Syndicate is there's a sailship parked parked right between two bridges that are both lower than its main masts. For when you really need to sail 100 meters in one direction.

("Actually I have a PhD in boats and the masts can pulled d..." OK but then why not keep them down? Videogames)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Deakul posted:

I haven't seen enough story stuff to judge on the character front but I think Bayek will be pretty interesting just because when starting he's already in his 30s and is a seasoned warrior.

Yea I really like what we've seen about Bayek. A grizzled vet who's maybe been hosed out of his once honorable position is kinda the perfect focus for an AC origin story, that dude is exactly the kinda guy who'd start an Assassin movement.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Deakul posted:

Gameplay-wise, the combat is extremely different since it's more skill based now much like Dark Souls but without a stamina system and there's an overall heavier emphasis on being an actual RPG now too with the loot system.

I'm glad they didn't change enough to lose its identity as an AC game but they changed enough that it'll at least feel fresh.

i like what i have seen of bayek. while i like the "puckish rogues" jacob and edward kenway and young ezio. i want to see a more geralt but a cop and married type.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Jacob will always be My Sweet Garbage Boy but I'm glad they're going a new way because they're not gonna top Frye Sibling Nonsense anyway might as well just make a cool ex-ancient-cop looking to defend the people and all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Deakul posted:

If you're interested in tie-in stuff, the book Desert Oath is pretty good so far (got it yesterday, about 1/4 of the way through it). It goes into his backstory.