Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

sneakyfrog posted:

... its kush dude.

not that i inject pot but :cmon:

https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/orange-crush :2bong:

It was also (supposedly) the first "named" strain I ever smoked like 10 years ago and it hosed me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Previa_fun posted:

https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/orange-crush :2bong:

It was also the first "named" strain I ever smoked like 10 years ago and it hosed me up.

well poo poo

my apologies friend.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Orange Krunch, however, is a green jello song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOLxZ5XHQqA

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Nice! posted:

Orange Krunch, however, is a green jello song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOLxZ5XHQqA

Green Jelly* :v:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nah they only called themselves that due to litigation from the jello people. It's green jello again also in the youtube title as well.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nah they only called themselves that due to litigation from the jello people. It's green jello again also in the youtube title as well.

Because we're totally going to mistake a band for a food company. The litigation was dumb on its face.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh man. So I found a solution for the brake lines, brought the parts to Pronto, they busted out the big catalogue, stared, frowned, got out the micrometer, measured the part I wanted, looked back at the catalogue, and said "what the gently caress?"

That's a good sign right

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Yup, truck will be street legal by tomorrow.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

wesleywillis posted:

Yup, truck will be street legal by tomorrow.

Oh dear god

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Napa's first words verbatim: "oh man"

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Now Napa is busting out their big catalogue and Mr. Needful is getting flustered

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Napas official verdict: "Shhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiit"

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

DICK DICER posted:

Sheeeeeeiit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

DICK DICER posted:

https://youtu.be/XK5eMwUd6-M

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

DICK DICER posted:

Green Jelly* :v:

Hoarding all the cassingles that still have green jello on them.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

https://youtu.be/428IyxSfsls

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3zCXzJ3NBs

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
It sounds like it may be time to visit the local machineshop wizard.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mechaet posted:

Because we're totally going to mistake a band for a food company. The litigation was dumb on its face.

There's stuff in US IP law about if you don't defend your trademark it gets easier to challenge in the future, which is one reason why you get stuff like that happening.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Can we get some more color on what’s happening with the brake lines?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

DICK DICER posted:

Like Sept 6 or 7. I paid for an ID card in Seattle that hasn't shown up. Proper license is a couple grand in overdue fees an unpaid tickets at this point. That'll come once I start getting permanently established somewhere.

In town now seeing about ordering brake lines in the proper thread pitch.

And my as discovered fixed stove line

Dave's Insanity sauce :v:

Makes sense.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

StormDrain posted:

Can we get some more color on what’s happening with the brake lines?

There are 2 thead pitches. 7/16×24, and 7/16×20. All Napa lines are labelled x20, but Pronto says all napa lines are x24. I've got banjo bolts that thread into the inside the drum cross over pipe holes, and the napa lines thread into the back of the wheel cylinder facing the axle. The 90* brass banjo fitting threads onto the napa lines, but nobody makes them. Nobody in town has a brake line that will thread in for the cross over pipe. Napa guy I think lost his faith in God today, and will likely down a fifth of wild turkey before closing and go home to beat his wife for reasons he can not possibly understand tonight

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Lovecraftian brake lines?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Okay, well, they're closed atm, but tomorrow I will call this place near me named Scott's Industrial and see what they can do. They've worked miracles for me in the past, and their guru is already a godless heathen.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Dave, when you can get mail again, I'll be happy to liberate that sign on the (viewer's) left and send it to you. It's on my side of the fence, technically it's mine, right? :v: (Or any of a billion others not on my property, the cops tend to go after that sort of poo poo pretty hard here in the oilfield.)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Me smashing down a hard packed sand road interspersed with marble sized gravel flat out in top gear:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Okay so answers on brake lines. Napa lines are all mis labelled, a male to male 7/16"×20TPI brake line 18-20" long is what we need. Pronto doesn't have the fittings or we could have them make the lines, they don't even have a listing. And napa refuses to believe their parts are mis labelled

Slick
Jun 6, 2003
I'm guessing the old brake line fittings are gone or missing? Could this be solved with a flaring tool and generic length of brake line?

Cut the 'wrong' NAPA fitting off, put on the original truck flare fitting and re-flare the tubing.
closely reading the last update, Only one end of the NAPA brake line needs to be cut and swapped with the correct fitting to be in business?

Original fitting to wheel cylinder, NAPA fitting to Brass T junction.

Plus hearing about how lovely doing brake lines is, is always fun!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

I don't know which one of you I love more.

In other news I think I may be dating Dave. I am finding socks EVERYWHERE. I woke up holding one yesterday.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

slothrop posted:

I don't know which one of you I love more.

In other news I think I may be dating Dave. I am finding socks EVERYWHERE. I woke up holding one yesterday.

I suspect you may be on the other end of the wormhole. Do you smell anything?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
gently caress, calling the CDC

It's gone airborne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO2-YxWkRxk

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Is there an industrial supply store in town? Like a Parker store, a place that specializes in hydraulic hose. Maybe a tractor dealer. 7/16-20 seems to be a more common size for hydraulic hose than it does brake line, a hydraulic store may be able to make up a hose or sell you some adapters and a hose.

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005

Slick posted:

I'm guessing the old brake line fittings are gone or missing? Could this be solved with a flaring tool and generic length of brake line?

Cut the 'wrong' NAPA fitting off, put on the original truck flare fitting and re-flare the tubing.

That might work, depending on what kind of life this truck's had. I know in PA, half the time it's easier to just jiggle the brake line until it breaks off (it takes a frighteningly small amount of jiggling), then get a socket on the fitting and hope it doesn't break off inside the wheel cylinder. This is on 10 year old vehicles. I know nothing about Montana winters, or where else the truck has lived over the past 66 years, so who knows.

Comedy option: buy some 7/16-20 bolts, drill a hole through them to accommodate the brake line, maybe chamfer the end so it roughly matches the angle of the flare, and call it good?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You can buy the line ends on amazon.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

The problem isn't in finding the line ends, its in finding the line ends right now, in town.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

ExplodingSims posted:

The problem isn't in finding the line ends, its in finding the line ends right now, in town.

Can you overnight them?
Otherwise, I think the tractor dealer/hydraulic line shop is going to be your best bet.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Overnighting things to Valentine simply doesn't happen.
But yeah, tractor supply or other hydraulic supply place is going to be the best option, provided an adapter fitting doesn't work out.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

ExplodingSims posted:

Overnighting things to Valentine simply doesn't happen.
But yeah, tractor supply or other hydraulic supply place is going to be the best option, provided an adapter fitting doesn't work out.

Everything can happen for a price.
There is, at minimum, a new holland dealer in valentine as well as a few used tractor places.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

DICK DICER posted:

Napa guy I think lost his faith in God today, and will likely down a fifth of wild turkey before closing and go home to beat his wife for reasons he can not possibly understand tonight

This is the natural reaction to finding brake stuff for anything 50's and older. Pre war stuff in particular will just flat out make you worship the old gods and beg for the coming armageddon where they devour the world. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sims is flying out there, right? Could he buy what's needed in florida and bring them with on the plane?

• Locked thread