Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Larch posted:

This is a bad thread.

A bad division deserves a bad thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
"Your team's owner donated to Trump"
"Your team's owner is a literal ambassador for him"
"Why would you compare these two unrelated things"

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

my team does mounds of cocaine

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Phobeste posted:

"Your team's owner donated to Trump"
"Your team's owner is a literal ambassador for him"
"Why would you compare these two unrelated things"

He rationalizes it by claiming Woody Johnson is just dumb, not a bad person, unlike all the other billion dollar trust fund kids.

Meanwhile after losing his wife Kraft has the gall to date a 37 year old, so you can see how he's morally bankrupt.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Woody is like the worst person but at least he didnt murder aaron hernsndezs friend with tom brady and pin it on poor aaron

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He rationalizes it by claiming Woody Johnson is just dumb, not a bad person, unlike all the other billion dollar trust fund kids.

Meanwhile after losing his wife Kraft has the gall to date a 37 year old, so you can see how he's morally bankrupt.

Woody is a first class incompetent moron. He's not evil like Kraft is.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Incompetent doesn't make you less evil somehow.

Look at Trump.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Look at Trump.

True but I haven't seen Woody actually do anything evil unlike Trump.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

mcmagic posted:

...you don't watch football on sundays?

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Look at Trump.

mcmagic posted:

but trump is not evil or me

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Yikes almost got suckered into arguing with mcmagic. I'm happy to report I made it out ok.

I really hope this defense gets better. I think we would have been better off paying Jamie Collins.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets finally have a good OC and he’ll probably leave after 1 year.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/920505701360955392

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Phobeste posted:

Yikes almost got suckered into arguing with mcmagic. I'm happy to report I made it out ok.

I really hope this defense gets better. I think we would have been better off paying Jamie Collins.

Or Chandler Jones even, he hasn't gotten whacked on bad synthetic weed lately that I know of! :catdrugs:

Though the real problem is the Pats suddenly have the stupidest group of DBs in football. Just throw to whatever zone they forgot even existed and get 300 free yards!

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

If your db is out of position all the time, it's not just their fault

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Guys were running wide open all game. Too bad McCown isn't a good QB that could capitalize.

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/920444754663542786
https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/920446056239915008

Nov 6, 2002

sean10mm posted:

Or Chandler Jones even, he hasn't gotten whacked on bad synthetic weed lately that I know of! :catdrugs:

Though the real problem is the Pats suddenly have the stupidest group of DBs in football. Just throw to whatever zone they forgot even existed and get 300 free yards!

Gilmore is getting beaten left and right on man coverage. Butler is not a #1 corner. McCourty is constantly late to break up every play, he seems to have slowed down. And all of them together are constantly out of sync in zone coverage. All of this is exacerbated by having absolutely no pass rush.

I have some faith that some of this will get sorted out - the communication problems - but Gilmore sucks and McCourty has lost a step.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

The thing with the Gilmore signing is we were fooled a bit by his time in buffalo. People saw his incessant penalties and miscommunications as a product of Rex’s coaching and while I’m sure some of it was, not all of it was. Belichicks greatest weakness is and has always been hubris and his sometime inability to recognize it. That mostly expresses itself in the “better to cut bait early than late” philosophy that got us the chandler jones, Jamie Collins, and Logan mankins moves, but I think the Gilmore acquisition might count: it was very transparent based on his faith on his and matt Patricia’s ability to coach the dumb out of him as opposed to Rex. But whatever you think about Rex, I think it’s acknowledged hes fine if not good as a player coach. His problems have been on the scheme side.

It’ll be hard to tell until the end of the season of course.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Guys were running wide open all game. Too bad McCown isn't a good QB that could capitalize.

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/920444754663542786
https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/920446056239915008

Having a bad QB is just the worst.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Having a bad QB is just the worst.

I'll take your word for it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

evilweasel posted:

I'll take your word for it.

I meant a bad QB who doesn't know how to cheat.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I meant a bad QB who doesn't know how to cheat.

lol

Nov 6, 2002

McCown had one really amazing throw in that game that was probably as good as any throw made that weekend. He was about to get ankle tackled, breaks away, and chucked a perfect pass just short of the endzone to... Kerley I think?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

^^^
Yep. When he makes good reads he can throw but he also does dumb poo poo like hold the ball and run backwards 10 yards for a sack

Ugg boots spokesman tom brady doesn't cheat

He has people do it for him

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Gilmore in the Schwartz year was excellent and looked like he was on the cusp of being an All-Pro type. I'm legitimately surprised his struggles have continued post-Rex.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

fsif posted:

Gilmore in the Schwartz year was excellent and looked like he was on the cusp of being an All-Pro type. I'm legitimately surprised his struggles have continued post-Rex.

The Pats are also 100% blowing coverages on the complete opposite side of the field from him, so it's not just him struggling. The whole unit is playing super turbo stupid out of nowhere.

:iiam:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Our division might suck but our thread titles are elite.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

AFC East sending three teams to the playoffs this year BOOK IT.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you told anyone after week 2 that the Jets would have a better record than the Raiders a month later, you would've been laughed at.

Nov 6, 2002

The rest of their schedule though...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The rest of their schedule though...

We know their playoff chances ended when the refs decided to give a game to your lovely cheating team. We know.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
This thread is mcmagical

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

mcmagic posted:

We know their playoff chances ended when the refs decided to give a game to your lovely cheating team. We know.

I genuinely love your seething limitless hatred of the Pats

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

fsif posted:

AFC East sending three teams to the playoffs this year BOOK IT.

Only one of those teams will be from the AFC East.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Buster skreene is single handedly keeping miami in this game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hes a flag machine goddamn

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/922191037652750337

pro follow

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jets gonna Jet. What a loving despicable piece of poo poo game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Jets gonna Jet. What a loving despicable piece of poo poo game.

Skreene needs to get benched. He holds on every down and never turns to even see the ball in coverage

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Pats fan and I agree wholeheartedly. In fact the entire division needs to rewind their uniforms back to 1983. The Bills already have.

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The unreadable jets logo and current shade of drab olive are both terrible crimes

• Locked thread