Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
This is also pretty much a single-player game, so not like it matters if everyone else were to get crazy mithril pulls. Our difficulty is based on the Japanese version, so even saying veterans get weaker based on expected power level isn't really accurate.

No point in salt over other people getting a bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

My feelings on the events are:

- They changed the event due date to be 11/05 not 12/31. This really means people who are very very new are completely hosed because of simply not enough stamina, or not enough events completed to approach this casually
- completing one event takes at least an hour or so of time, not even talking about the mythril that's wasted for refreshing. If this was a 12/31 due date, it would be more doable, but it isn't. It's about 2 weeks from now.
- While I am getting a metric fuckton of eggs and can now egg up these dudes finally that have relics for without wasting stamina/time grinding
- There is getting to be more and more events, and if we assume that it takes an hour of my time to finish, this is currently 3 events in FF4, 5 in FF5, 6 in FF6, and 8 in FF7. This will probably slated to be even more events for other dungeons.
- this is already 21 hours of time spent....and we're half done at this point. There is 18 days remaining. If no other events were released, it'd still be about an hour of time a day. However, it's looking more like 2.3 hours a day, minimum.

This is just absolutely bonkers, even if you are spending time on mythril refreshes, with life and other things I want to do, and work, I just probably will not have enough time to complete everything.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
They really needed to spread this stuff out over like a month instead of dumping it all one day after another with the same end date. There's a ton of FF8, 9, 10, 12, and 13 events that are going to landslide in, too. We'll probably have over twice as many active renewal events as there are now by the time they're done making GBS threads them out.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

It would be a lot more tolerable if half the time spent wasn't loading screens.

Kawalimus posted:

Again I have to pick a gem relic. God drat it! Luckily my second Crystal Tower relic was an easy choice with Fujin. But this one is tougher. But I've narrowed it down to four:

Edward
Ceodore
Setzer
Sazh

I hate this picking relics stuff. It's too hard. Give me the gacha way where I just have to work with what I'm given.

You seem to have gotten a knight mixed up in your supports. I'd go with Edward just so you have someone to give that 1 bard mote to.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ybrik posted:

It would be a lot more tolerable if half the time spent wasn't loading screens.

You seem to have gotten a knight mixed up in your supports. I'd go with Edward just so you have someone to give that 1 bard mote to.

Yeah I just thought his thing looked useful. I'm just looking for anything useful to me and for guys I don't have anything for. Just so happens three of them are supports! Also concentrating on realms I need some more stuff in. I was kind of starting to lean toward Edward also.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
These renewals would be a lot more tolerable if you could select a grouping of them to do so I wasn't loading constantly. Like...I want to complete them but the games been on a ton and I think I'm going to start getting real far behind when 8, 9 and 10 drop. It's a lovely thing to complain about I guess but I'm feeling a little burned out. First world FFRK problems.

Does anyone have a list of the must have skills/accessories in the rereleases? That would be helpful for at least prioritizing which events I need to completely clear

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
As someone who's been playing since the beginning, it's pretty nice to be able to go back to some of the older events where I only managed a "Complete" on some of the stages and just utterly curbstomp the poo poo out of them with the increased power I've acquired since then.

gently caress you and your stupid mask-changing gimmick, Yuffie's dad. :fuckoff:

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I just did the Rubicante Ultimate fight from the Edge and Rosa event. Even now, with Squall's OSB, a team of 99s, and with SG, Protectga, Full Break, and Magic Breakdown, I STILL lost two medals for damage because he would just cloak up and keep spamming his AoEs and refusing to uncloak. I can't IMAGINE how anyone mastered this the first time around.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

W.T. Fits posted:

As someone who's been playing since the beginning, it's pretty nice to be able to go back to some of the older events where I only managed a "Complete" on some of the stages and just utterly curbstomp the poo poo out of them with the increased power I've acquired since then.

gently caress you and your stupid mask-changing gimmick, Yuffie's dad. :fuckoff:

Yeah this is a fun experience, I love annihilating old bosses. Plus I always felt angst over missing out on crystals from old Ultimates, now I can sleep at night

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
So, having the chance to go back and finally master Bahamut SIN was nice.

What this proved to me was just how badly those early Ultimates have been power crept. I barely cleared that thing by the skin of my teeth when it was fresh, but now I had the opposite problem: it was too damned easy to curbstomp it. You see, one of the medal conditions is to kill EIGHT of his Shadow Creepers. That meant deliberately sandbagging the fight until he decided to spawn all eight of those suckers.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Kawalimus posted:

Again I have to pick a gem relic. God drat it! Luckily my second Crystal Tower relic was an easy choice with Fujin. But this one is tougher. But I've narrowed it down to four:

Edward
Ceodore
Setzer
Sazh

I hate this picking relics stuff. It's too hard. Give me the gacha way where I just have to work with what I'm given.

Well, I don't know what you have or really need, but I'd say Setzer's is objectively the best out of that set.

Also, you do know you can pick TWO relics for each banner, right? After they screwed things up they let everyone pick two from the Crystal Tower banner and two from the Gem banner.

jjef
Jul 25, 2008

PneumonicBook posted:

Does anyone have a list of the must have skills/accessories in the rereleases? That would be helpful for at least prioritizing which events I need to completely clear

This would be really helpful. As a new player myself, I have no idea what I'm suppose to be focusing on. Just collecting mythril for future pulls, on which I will most likely just draw garbage anyways? Should I be focusing on collecting certain characters? Items? Skills?

I'm overwhelmed with all of this and I'm thinking about not even bothering with it. If I could narrow my focus a bit, it would really help.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

paperwind posted:

So, having the chance to go back and finally master Bahamut SIN was nice.

What this proved to me was just how badly those early Ultimates have been power crept. I barely cleared that thing by the skin of my teeth when it was fresh, but now I had the opposite problem: it was too damned easy to curbstomp it. You see, one of the medal conditions is to kill EIGHT of his Shadow Creepers. That meant deliberately sandbagging the fight until he decided to spawn all eight of those suckers.

You get partial medals for each set of two you kill, so if you're blasting him so fast that you get full medals for everything else, it's a piece of cake to Master it.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

PneumonicBook posted:

Well, there's this post that has sorta been updated with accessories and abilities, although it doesn't single out "must have" ones: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/76s4mq/renewal_dungeon_5_accsessory_and_ability_reward/

Generally, look for accessories that reduce elemental damage (the gigas armlet from FF2 is very valuable) and things like KO resistance. You probably want 3-4 blind resistance, 3+ silence resistance, and other such accessories as well. Stuff that is purely +stats are much easier to pass on since we get them pretty regularly (although they can still be nice, since a +30 atk or mag with synergy is +45, not an insignificant boost).

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The gigas amulet might be tough to get in if you're brand new: you need 60 stamina to even attempt the fight and it's not trivial, I needed to reload a few times to get it with a party at level ~75

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Schwartzcough posted:

Well, there's this post that has sorta been updated with accessories and abilities, although it doesn't single out "must have" ones: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/76s4mq/renewal_dungeon_5_accsessory_and_ability_reward/

Generally, look for accessories that reduce elemental damage (the gigas armlet from FF2 is very valuable) and things like KO resistance. You probably want 3-4 blind resistance, 3+ silence resistance, and other such accessories as well. Stuff that is purely +stats are much easier to pass on since we get them pretty regularly (although they can still be nice, since a +30 atk or mag with synergy is +45, not an insignificant boost).

My issue with this list, besides it not being updated past V, is the lack of 4* accessories. I know it is missing some worthwhile KO resist accessories because of this.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

since i have literally no relics for FF1/4/5/7 and only a pair of Ingus relics for 3 and a Celes overstrike for FF6 should i be pulling on any of these renewal banners?

Griz
May 21, 2001

rabidsquid posted:

since i have literally no relics for FF1/4/5/7 and only a pair of Ingus relics for 3 and a Celes overstrike for FF6 should i be pulling on any of these renewal banners?

you're probably better off saving your mythril for regular realm banners that don't have a ton of lovely obsolete SSBs in the pool.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Are people actually getting mad about new players getting a bunch of mythril from these rehashed events? Jfc

I do understand the quick pace and risk of burnout however although as a week#2 guy I am enjoying not playing

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

acumen posted:

Are people actually getting mad about new players getting a bunch of mythril from these rehashed events? Jfc

Pretty sure nobody here is mad about that. I think it's great that new players get a chance at these events, especially for the free skills and accessories.

But I am frustrated that I don't get a chance to farm those hundreds of mythril to use on current USB-era banners, especially after having a 2017 full of bad RNG on my pulls. :shrug:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

How good is Prishe's BSB? I'm still trying to decide on my 2nd CT choice. Not including the dupes, here's what I'm looking at:

Sarah: My only FF1 relic is Matoya's party atk/mag/regen buff. Might be good for CMs, but FF1 is such a rare realm. Also an all realm +holy robe.
Minwu: Garbage
Krile: I have Sheepsong so Krile is a staple of my mage teams, which would make it really hard to use this as well outside of JS battles. Enfire is nice, but the commands don't look great.
Seifer: Looks like a decent tank SB and I don't have many physical dark characters. I have two of his SSBs but haven't really used them.
Beatrix: Good tank SB, and I don't have any holy imperils outside of Agrias's LM2. All realm +holy sword but I already have a million of those.
Prishe: Good non-elemental SB? My FF11 synergy is decent but one more couldn't hurt.
Larsa: I have Vanille's USB for Astra and plenty of other healing BSBs.
Vanille: See above. This one doesn't seem to bring much other than the instant entry.
Y'shtola: Definitely the best healing BSB in terms of raw output, but I've managed to make do without it so far. Still, my FF14 synergy is kind of weak.
Orlandeau: I have his OSB, I'm guessing this pairs well with it. I'm really not hurting for Tactics synergy though.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Fister Roboto posted:

How good is Prishe's BSB? I'm still trying to decide on my 2nd CT choice. Not including the dupes, here's what I'm looking at:

Sarah: My only FF1 relic is Matoya's party atk/mag/regen buff. Might be good for CMs, but FF1 is such a rare realm. Also an all realm +holy robe.
Krile: I have Sheepsong so Krile is a staple of my mage teams, which would make it really hard to use this as well outside of JS battles. Enfire is nice, but the commands don't look great.
Seifer: Looks like a decent tank SB and I don't have many physical dark characters. I have two of his SSBs but haven't really used them.
Beatrix: Good tank SB, and I don't have any holy imperils outside of Agrias's LM2. All realm +holy sword but I already have a million of those.
Prishe: Good non-elemental SB? My FF11 synergy is decent but one more couldn't hurt.
Vanille: See above. This one doesn't seem to bring much other than the instant entry.
Y'shtola: Definitely the best healing BSB in terms of raw output, but I've managed to make do without it so far. Still, my FF14 synergy is kind of weak.
Orlandeau: I have his OSB, I'm guessing this pairs well with it. I'm really not hurting for Tactics synergy though.

Sarah is good, consider it if you're lacking in M.Blink. We're also getting a FF1 Torment soon, so this might be valuable.
Minwu is indeed garbo.
Krile is also garbo. The commands on it are super dated, and basically only the EnFire is worth much now.
Seifer is weird and gimmicky, and takes too long to ramp up. Easier to just run party wide Radiant Shield.
Beatrix is pretty good.
Prishe is good enough, but requires investment in Monk skills, and it isn't quite as good as some other NE options. But it'll still get the job done.
Larsa is great, but if you don't need Astra...
Vanille is probably worse than some of these other medicas. Instant heals are still great, but there are other sources of that now.
Y'shtola is good for raw healing, has an excellent dive. I'd especially consider if you have either her Proshellga or Wall.
Orlandeau is usable with his OSB, but it always begs the question of why aren't you just casting the OSB again instead. I think that his BSB is fundamentally flawed and bad in practice.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Hmm, if you don't have Y'shtola, Vanille, or Larsa, generally considered among (if not THE) top 3 medica BSBs, I'd probably take Y'shtola, especially if your 14 synergy is weak. And then legend dive her because dualcast white on instant curaja and medica commands is fantastic.

But if not one of them, then Beatrix. Her BSB is quite good, especially if you have other holy dudes. Knights are pretty versatile with being able to lifesiphon and proshellga and draw attacks and dish out DPS, that it's pretty easy to fit in an imperil, whereas it can be hard for a lot of other elements.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Attestant posted:

Pretty sure nobody here is mad about that. I think it's great that new players get a chance at these events, especially for the free skills and accessories.

But I am frustrated that I don't get a chance to farm those hundreds of mythril to use on current USB-era banners, especially after having a 2017 full of bad RNG on my pulls. :shrug:

You do though. It is called making a new account if you think it is actually worth it.

Except it isn't worth it, just from the time investment alone.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
If it will factor into anyone's choice for the selection choices, Larsa's upcoming Legend Materia 2 is a 35% chance to dualcast White Magic, like Y'shtola.
That does mean nearly half a year waiting for it in Global, though.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

KPC_Mammon posted:

You do though. It is called making a new account if you think it is actually worth it.

Except it isn't worth it, just from the time investment alone.

I'd definitely run a second account, but yeah, my FFRK time is limited enough as it is.

And sunk cost fallacy is a hell of a thing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Thanks, I think I'm going to go with Y'shtola. Most of my magicite teams need double healers, so maybe wrath cat with a legend dive can handle it solo.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Holy poo poo the Larsa/Vayne banner:

Banner 1
Vayne USB - 10xST Dark/Non-ele physical or magic dmg, EnDark, self ATK/DEF or MAG/DEF +30%, additionally cast Sephira when using Dark abilities
Sephira: 5xST Dark/Non-ele ranged physical or magic dmg

Larsa USB - 0CT Medica h80, party Esuna/Status Blink/High Regen

Reks USB - Party ATK +50%, Haste and Lightning Radiant Shield

Ashe USB

Vayne BSB
Larsa BSB
Reks BSB
Ashe BSB
Fran BSB

Larsa LMR - Low chance to additionally cast Status Blink on ally when using single target healing White magic
Reks LMR - Low chance to heal ally a moderate proportion of their HP when using Spellblade abilities

Vayne LMR
Ashe LMR
Fran LMR

Banner 2
Gabranth OSB - 1xST Overflow Dark/Non-ele physical dmg, dmg scales with no of Dark abilities used

Vaan OSB
Gabranth USB
Vaan USB

Gabranth BSB
Vaan BSB
Basch BSB
Penelo BSB2
Balthier BSB2

Vaan LMR2 - Low chance to self Smart Ether 1 when dealing damage to enemies using Thief abilities

Gabranth LMR
Basch LMR
Penelo LMR
Balthier LMR

New LM
Reks
LM1 - Small Spellblade dmg up
LM2 - Medium chance to doublecast Spellblade abilities

Larsa
LM1 - Small healing up
LM2 - Medium chance to doublecast White Magic abilities

The only thing I hate is I'm already 7/14 dupes, but drat I love that new poo poo. Larsa and Reks' LDs are excellent too.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
See now the question is: do I pick Larsa's Burst from CT and guarantee myself a great Doublecast healer six months from now, or pick something else in case I get his BSB from the next two XII event banners anyway?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Goddamn, closest I've gotten to a 30s clear, and it was done with only one dedicated DPS. :stare:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Schwartzcough posted:

Well, I don't know what you have or really need, but I'd say Setzer's is objectively the best out of that set.

Also, you do know you can pick TWO relics for each banner, right? After they screwed things up they let everyone pick two from the Crystal Tower banner and two from the Gem banner.

Yeah. I picked my first one before the whole ordeal happened. So I have my second one to pick or else it'll pick for me. I just have a hell of a time with this sort of thing I can't stand it. Maybe I'll cut Ceo's out since I have better healing options in IV these days. I guess maybe I will go with Setzer cause my VI stuff is kind of lacking lately. But then Edward could be good for magicite darkness crystal maybe? I haven't even gone into those new magicites yet.

Are there any more of these select-a-relics in the future? I hope not. Cause it will be this crap all over again.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Oct 19, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
There will be plenty select a relics to come.

Heads up. The third newest VII event Tifa something rewards a Stop resistance accessory. Those are cripplingly rare yet incredibly useful. I have one from six months of playing.

AoE stoplock foes are the worst.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
There have been more selection banners in JP after 30th anniversary.

At 3rd Anniversary, there are three gem-only single-pull banners with OSB selection, BSB selection, and LMR selection, respectively.
There's also a free OSB+BSB combo plus healer SSB package selection.

Starting from the current Crystal Tower in JP (and possibly extending to the future), there is an SSB selection after drawing for the banners (which are limited to relics from the featured realms in the Crystal Tower, so it's kind of like the Renewal Banners).

Here's the lists of the JP 3rd anniversary selections:

OSB Dream Selection posted:

FF1: Warrior of Light, Garland
FF2: Firion, Maria
FF3: Luneth, Onion Knight
FF4: Dark Knight Cecil, Paladin Cecil, Kain, Rydia
FF5: Bartz, Krile, Gilgamesh
FF6: Terra, Locke, Celes, Edgar, Sabin
FF7: Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth
FF8: Squall, Rinoa, Quistis, Raijin, Fujin
FF9: Zidane, Vivi, Steiner, Beatrix, Kuja
FF10: Tidus, Jecht
FF11: Ayame
FF12: Vaan, Balthier, Basch, Ashe, Vayne
FF13: Lightning, Hope, Fang, Raines
FF14: Papalymo
FF15: Noctis, Gladiolus, Aranea
FFT: Agrias, Orlandeau
Beyond: Lann
Core: Tyro

BSB Dream Selection posted:

FF1: Warrior of Light, Garland 1, Sarah, Wol, Echo 1, Echo 2, Master, Matoya, Meia
FF2: Firion, Maria, Guy, Leon, Minwu, Gordon, Leila, Ricard, Josef, Emperor, Scott
FF3: Luneth, Arc 1, Arc 2, Refia, Ingus 1, Desch, Onion Knight, Cloud of Darkness 1, Aria
FF4: Dark Knight Cecil, Paladin Cecil 1, Paladin Cecil 2, Kain, Rydia 1, Rosa, Edward, Yang, Palom, Porom, Edge, Golbez, Cid, Ceodore, Rubicante
FF5: Bartz 1, Bartz 2, Bartz 3, Lenna 1, Galuf, Faris, Krile, Gilgamesh, Exdeath, Dorgann, Gogo
FF6: Locke 1, Celes 1, Celes 2, Mog, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow, Cyan, Gau, Setzer, Strago, Relm, Gogo, Umaro, Kefka 1, Kefka 2, Leo
FF7: Cloud 1, Cloud 2, Barret, Tifa 1, Aerith 1, Red XIII, Yuffie 1, Yuffie 2, Cait Sith, Vincent, Zack, Sephiroth 1, Sephiroth 2, Cid, Reno, Shelke
FF8: Squall 1, Squall 2, Rinoa 1, Rinoa 2, Quistis, Zell 1, Selphie 1, Irvine 1, Seifer, Laguna 1, Edea, Raijin, Fujin, Kiros, Ward
FF9: Zidane 1, Zidane 2, Garnet 1, Garnet 2, Vivi 1, Vivi 2, Steiner 1, Freya, Quina, Eiko, Amarant, Beatrix, Kuja
FF10: Tidus 1, Yuna 1, Yuna 2, Wakka, Lulu, Kimahri, Rikku, Auron 1, Auron 2, Jecht, Braska, Paine, Seymour 1
FF11: Shantotto, Ayame, Curilla, Prishe, Lion, Aphmau, Zeid
FF12: Vaan, Balthier 1, Balthier 2, Fran, Basch, Ashe, Penelo 1, Gabranth, Larsa, Vayne, Reks
FF13: Lightning 1, Lightning 2, Snow 1, Snow 2, Vanille, Sazh, Hope 1, Hope 2, Fang 1, Fang 2, Serah 1, Raines, Noel, Nabaat
FF14: Y'shtola, Thancred 1, Thancred 2, Yda, Papalymo, Alphinaud, Minfilia, Cid
FF15: Noctis, Gladiolus, Prompto, Iris, Aranea
FFT: Ramza 1, Agrias, Delita, Ovelia, Mustadio, Orlandeau, Gaffgarion, Rapha, Marach, Meliadoul
Type-0: Ace, Deuce, Nine
Beyond: Reynn, Lann, Morrow, Aemo, Wrieg

LMR Dream Selection posted:

FF1: Warrior of Light, Garland, Master
FF2: Leon, Minwu, Gordon, Emperor
FF3: Arc, Refia, Ingus 1, Desch, Cloud of Darkness, Aria
FF4: Decil, Pecil, Kain, Rosa, Edward, Edge
FF5: Bartz, Galuf, Faris, Exdeath
FF6: Terra, Locke, Celes, Mog, Sabin, Shadow, Cyan, Setzer, Relm, Gogo
FF7: Cloud, Tifa 1, Red XIII, Yuffie, Vincent, Zack
FF8: Squall, Rinoa, Zell, Seifer, Laguna, Edea, Raijin, Fujin
FF9: Zidane 1, Vivi, Steiner, Beatrix, Kuja
FF10: Tidus, Lulu, Kimahri, Rikku, Auron
FF11: Ayame, Curilla, Lion, Aphmau
FF12: Vaan, Balthier, Fran, Gabranth, Vayne
FF13: Lightning, Snow, Vanille, Hope, Raines
FF14: Y'shtola, Yda, Papalymo, Minfilia
FF15: Noctis, Gladiolus 1, Prompto, Iris, Aranea
FFT: Delita, Ovelia, Rapha, Marach
Type-0: Ace, Deuce, Nine
Beyond: Morrow, Aemo, Wrieg

3rd Anniversary Free Selection posted:

Warrior of Light OSB+BSB, Sarah SSB
Firion OSB+BSB, Minwu SSB
Luneth OSB+BSB, Arc SSB2
Paladin Cecil OSB+BSB1, Rosa SSB
Bartz OSB+BSB2, Lenna SSB
Celes OSB+BSB1, Relm SSB
Sephiroth OSB+BSB2, Aerith SSB
Quistis OSB+BSB, Selphie SSB
Zidane OSB+BSB1, Eiko SSB
Tidus OSB+BSB1, Yuna SSB2
Ayame OSB+BSB, Prishe SSB
Balthier OSB+BSB2, Larsa SSB1
Lightning OSB+BSB2, Vanille SSB
Papalymo OSB+BSB, Y'shtola SSB
Noctis OSB+BSB, Iris SSB
Agrias OSB+BSB, Ovelia SSB1

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

ApplesandOranges posted:

See now the question is: do I pick Larsa's Burst from CT and guarantee myself a great Doublecast healer six months from now, or pick something else in case I get his BSB from the next two XII event banners anyway?

If you pick it, you'll get dupes on both banners.

If you pass, you'll never see it.

May as well pick it now, because at least you'll get it for sure!

Hogama posted:

There have been more selection banners in JP after 30th anniversary.

At 3rd Anniversary, there are three gem-only single-pull banners with OSB selection, BSB selection, and LMR selection, respectively.

They're all full price, yes? I don't think I'll be doing any more paid pulls, unless they screw up and let us pick two again.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Ok 2 days left to decide my Gem relic. I've narrowed it down to Edea vs. Ayame. My Ice coverage is virtually non-existent. I've beaten Fenrir with Cloud USB, but that's not the only consideration (Edea's objectively superior for this).

I see good reasons for both and am looking for any decent insight to nudge me one way or the other. Help?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

iamsosmrt posted:

Ok 2 days left to decide my Gem relic. I've narrowed it down to Edea vs. Ayame. My Ice coverage is virtually non-existent. I've beaten Fenrir with Cloud USB, but that's not the only consideration (Edea's objectively superior for this).

I see good reasons for both and am looking for any decent insight to nudge me one way or the other. Help?

Not 2 days, less than 24 hours to pick your gem relic, it ends at 4:59am PST tomorrow.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

Get Edea's BSB unless you are sorely lacking on soul breaks for physical DPS characters, imo. It will almost certainly do more damage and Edea's skillset is incredibly good.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ill just jump out a window then. I cant resist em but hate doing them

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Are the must have accessories only available through these renewal dungeons? Is it really a priority to chase them? I'm on the cusp of being able to do 120-140 difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Books On Tape posted:

Are the must have accessories only available through these renewal dungeons? Is it really a priority to chase them? I'm on the cusp of being able to do 120-140 difficulty.

There are accessories in most events, but you will definitely want 3-5 of most resistance accessory types eventually, and at 1 to 2 accessories per event/week normally, this is a pretty great chance to stock up in a hurry if you can manage it.

Mithross fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 19, 2017

• Locked thread