Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Most of the lovely Jason games I've had occurred because the players decided to try for a Jason kill. I've since learned that if you're on a map like Packanack, teleporting around, not finding a single god drat counselor in the early game—even in the lodge—chances are they're off in a little pack trying to steal yer mom's sweater and gather weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
TALES FROM GOON CAMP

So we had some games a little bit ago. They were fun.

I got sick and tired of Crystal Lake so in the second to last game I just said gently caress it and screwed over the four seater by stealing all of its poo poo

I got killed and came back as Tommy. I died INSTANTLY because Jet knew where I would spawn and grabbed me before I was even done with the cinematic.

Last game, immediately after

Jarvis map

I spawn as Adam

Next to the boat

House next to the boat has gas and propeller

I'm out of the map in under two minutes, telling everyone farewell

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Purposely sabotaging the 4 seater kinda sounds like the exact opposite of fun

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I think I've escaped out of a car twice? Usually I try to get the boat running or call the cops while Jason is focused on the car people. Then again, I tend to die a poo poo ton.

My favorite boat story is I was Chad, trying to get the boat fixed for a solo getaway, and after I make a ton of noise putting gas in Jason pops on the dock, greeting me with a jaunty 'whatcha doin?' Well I waltz right up to him and clock him with a wrench, dude bursts out laughing because I actually dodged a grab and I run around him in circles until death came, for there was no escape.

Chad is fun to play.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Danaru posted:

Purposely sabotaging the 4 seater kinda sounds like the exact opposite of fun

Oh, I was also trying to get the two seater into the water, but they kept getting back in before I could.

Those two didn't get to run me down though you fucks! You hit an innocent Nate instead!

See my view of fun with this game is do whatever, be whatever, enjoy whatever. Some games you are pivotal to people surviving and getting out, some games you gently caress around on the opposite side of the map and nothing happens, and other games you just decide to be the worst piece of poo poo.

The reason Ozone KNEW what I was up to was because I pulled the same poo poo when he was Jason before again, on Crystal Lake, because my tolerance for that piece of poo poo map is pretty low

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Game finally got over its FATAL ERROR issue, so played a game last night.

Didn't feel like playing Jason, so I set my preference to Counselor.

Spawned as Jason. Groaned audibly, been so long since I played and stuff has changed so much, Im so rusty, ugh, this is going to be awful.

Proceeded to poo poo down the necks of every counselor. Someone should call the police for what I did to those poor kids.

Highlights include:
* A single trap on the phone was enough to deter the very adamant Tiffany with the phone fuse to just meander about Packanack.
* A Chad in a speedo who thought he was hot poo poo stunning me through windows dying from an axe swing through a door.
* Someone dumping the car battery + gas on the same spot, which I then graciously trapped.
* Tommy J swimming to the boat with the propeller (???)
* Me hitting stalk on a lachappa while I was in the house with him, he immediately opened the door to me standing right there.
* Hitting a random bed by accident, and discovering a hiding debra - WHOSE BODY THEN SHOT OUR FROM UNDER THE BAD AND SLAMMED INTO THE OPPOSITE WALL. That spooked even me.

And finally, I had a counsellor that was invisible to me. Thankfully she was carrying a shotgun, so I could see her. Maybe my game is bugged? Dunno. Either way, I followed her into packanack, and she locked herself in the kitchen. I heard her open the window, so I MLG pro-morphed directly outside it. I saw the shotgun floating at the window. It aimed at me, then reholstered. It then headed back to the door. I used shift and crash dummy'd my way back inside right as she opened the door. BANG, the shotgun fired and I was down. I heard paniced female noises, and footsteps - and poo poo, the shotgun was no longer a tracking issue. A moment later, I saw some firecrackers appear out of thin air and fly towards me. I hail mary'd a morph outside the back door, and grabbed. I heard choking noises, and was force gripping the air like a champion! suddenly - a knife materialised out of thing air and jammed itself in my throat. Mother informed me that I could not die, and I started to worry about getting this last counsellor.

Using my super sonic Jason hearing, I saw a sound pip on the other side of the house, walked around and swung. A HIT NOISE! I swung again, nothing. Then, about 10 feet away, a spray can appeared in the air and spritzed. I shift grabbed like a total shitler, and claimed my prize - as I wrenched an invisible leg off an invisible girl.

Edit: while I'm mentioning it - anyone else had an issue with invisible dudes?

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 18, 2017

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Edit: while I'm mentioning it - anyone else had an issue with invisible dudes?

Not personally but there are a few videos of people finding themselves invisible. I think the invisible bug is something that happens with your game, not an actual state. What I mean is everyone else could probably see her, including her.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

Oh, I was also trying to get the two seater into the water, but they kept getting back in before I could.

Those two didn't get to run me down though you fucks! You hit an innocent Nate instead!

See my view of fun with this game is do whatever, be whatever, enjoy whatever. Some games you are pivotal to people surviving and getting out, some games you gently caress around on the opposite side of the map and nothing happens, and other games you just decide to be the worst piece of poo poo.

The reason Ozone KNEW what I was up to was because I pulled the same poo poo when he was Jason before again, on Crystal Lake, because my tolerance for that piece of poo poo map is pretty low

Yeah, I saw you hanging out near the cabin with a big pile of stuff on the ground and felt it was my duty to shoot you.

I was actually already planning on shooting someone and chose you because you had hoarded a lot of really good stuff and I wanted it.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Burk: Killed within 3 seconds of spawning as Tommy to Jason VII

Also Burk: Escapes in under 100 seconds of match start with the boat, alone.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
If you get the boat going within the first few minutes of the match, it's almost a guaranteed escape. Morph cooldown is not short enough that early, and the beginning of the match Jason has a lot to do between trapping the car and phone and chasing off any early attempts at those. It's very unlikely that Jason has morph ready, catches that the boat is leaving, and is able to intercept it in time.

Even if he DOES stop it, now you have an accessible vehicle which is an escape threat for the rest of the game.

It really sucks to have this happen, and it absolutely does. (even to me)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Even if he DOES stop it, now you have an accessible vehicle which is an escape threat for the rest of the game.

Is it really that much of a threat though? A stopped boat in the water can be locked down just by checking your map every so often to see if it's moving, and it's very trivial to catch it unless you're a part 2-4 Jason and they have the boat speed perk.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

King Vidiot posted:

Is it really that much of a threat though? A stopped boat in the water can be locked down just by checking your map every so often to see if it's moving, and it's very trivial to catch it unless you're a part 2-4 Jason and they have the boat speed perk.

Depends on the map and where the boat is. A boat stuck in the river inside the bridge of Higgins Haven is trivial to stop - where one on the Jarivs map is easy to ghost Jason on.

If smart counselors (most goons at this point) know that the boat is fixed, they will be trying for it if they know you are distracted elsewhere.

It's a big enough threat that I prefer to use Jason VIII - just so I don't have to worry about that situation given his awesome water speed.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of, my Adam DOES have the boat speed perk

I put it on him on a lark while fussing with who should have what since Thick Skin got demoted

This did not help me in any way in my escape. As it turns out, the Jarvis Map kinda sucks for the boat to be fast in because you can and will smash into the walls while trying to turn. Thank God Cliffdiver had more important things to do! So pro tip- speed is not your friend with the boat on Jarvis map. You gotta slow it down and take it easy

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
My pro tip for Jarvis is that one of the big houses has a basement that leads to the rest of the house. The other one has a door in the back that looks like a basement but isn't attached to the house at all. Avoid that as a counselor if you don't wanna die.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
thicc skinned doesn't even work on loving traps

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Tinfoil sorry i missed your invite yesterday

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

It's a big enough threat that I prefer to use Jason VIII - just so I don't have to worry about that situation given his awesome water speed.

Random Jason, Tinfoil. :colbert:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Phyresis posted:

thicc skinned doesn't even work on loving traps

They changed that back so it does.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

If it's not working on traps it's not working at all so you probably forgot to unequip it then reequip it.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I got to watch the first movie with a friend the other day, who hadn't seen it before and somehow missed pop culture spoiling the killer. She was floored an old woman did it and the lake sting made her jump like gently caress.

I love this franchise.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Regrettable posted:

If it's not working on traps it's not working at all so you probably forgot to unequip it then reequip it.

nope i did this and it doesn't work

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I got to watch the first movie with a friend the other day, who hadn't seen it before and somehow missed pop culture spoiling the killer. She was floored an old woman did it and the lake sting made her jump like gently caress.

I love this franchise.

I had this same reaction, not knowing Pam was even alive during the first movie :v: It's bizzare that a series can go on for so long that the first movie has retroactive twists

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I guess that same person didn't pay attention (or even saw) to the beginning of Scream. Or, you watched it with the reincarnated corpse of Drew Barrymore's character.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Phyresis posted:

nope i did this and it doesn't work

Did you accept the changes or just switch it and immediately switch it back? Also, you might have to remove it from all the characters at the same time? That's what I did and it worked.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 18, 2017

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Hockles posted:

I guess that same person didn't pay attention (or even saw) to the beginning of Scream. Or, you watched it with the reincarnated corpse of Drew Barrymore's character.

I'm gonna hedge a bet and say she's not aware. Like I said, pop culture has spoiled a poo poo ton of classics of a variety of genres (rosebud) so I dunno.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I love this franchise.

I've been watching all of the movies in sequence and was floored in part 4 when I first heard the mom call her son "Tommy" — I had no idea that Tommy Jarvis was a kid in part 4. It was a strange little twist that was only possible because I played the game before watching the movie.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I still think there should be a chance you call little kid Tommy in.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
Dumb I know, but it bothers me that I cannot hear the pitter-patter of my counselors barefeet when donning his/her swimwear.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

codenameFANGIO posted:

I still think there should be a chance you call little kid Tommy in.

I would love tiny Feldman running in to save the day.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

joylessdivision posted:

I would love tiny Feldman running in to save the day.

Oh God imagine if it was some squeaker playing, though.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
How would Feldman Tommy even work? I mean I guess you can give him all high stats except strength, and maybe give him a one-use built in stun where he can pretend to be young Jason. He can be killed easy but can initiate a Jason kill without a sweater.

Or he can only do the Jason kill on the Jarvis house map, and he's the only Tommy that can spawn on that map.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
You can't kill kids in video games guys, all that can happen is that they yell for help and / or run away and disappear when you try to hit them.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Unless you use mods, but then you probably turned the kids into jiggle titty anthromorphs anyway

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'm gonna hedge a bet and say she's not aware. Like I said, pop culture has spoiled a poo poo ton of classics of a variety of genres (rosebud) so I dunno.

Thanks, Columbo!

Also we still need a Creighton Duke summon. Part 9 sucks but Creighton was radical.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! How did I not think of this? The Jason X map should have Sgt. Brodski as the summon! :hellyeah:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Drunken Baker posted:

Thanks, Columbo!

Also we still need a Creighton Duke summon. Part 9 sucks but Creighton was radical.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! How did I not think of this? The Jason X map should have Sgt. Brodski as the summon! :hellyeah:

Except if Jason gets knocked down, the nanobots reconstruct him as Uber Jason.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

You can't kill kids in video games guys, all that can happen is that they yell for help and / or run away and disappear when you try to hit them.

How's this for irony: the only time I can recall Jason being depicted as killing children was in the NES(!) Friday the 13th.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Wasn't there something with a newborn fetus in part 9? This is why Part 9 isn't cannon.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Except if Jason gets knocked down, the nanobots reconstruct him as Uber Jason.

Drunken Baker posted:

Here's an idea I just pulled out of my rear end with zero thought behind it regarding Uber Jason...

I think he'll be tied to the "X Map" the one set on the Grendel. Like, no matter what Jason you're playing as on that level there'll be a one-shot bazookoid style weapon that will knock Jason down (as in, blow his head the gently caress off) and nanites will then re-form him giving him that boost you mentioned. Maybe throw him into rage mode immediately if it happens before the ten minute mark.

There's a risk-reward system there then, because the gun has to charge up, but it'll knock Jason down for a set amount of time.

This is now canon in my mind and I can't wait to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

WAYYYYYY ahead of you.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Unless you use mods, but then you probably turned the kids into jiggle titty anthromorphs anyway

I’m interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Ghostpilot posted:

How's this for irony: the only time I can recall Jason being depicted as killing children was in the NES(!) Friday the 13th.

No actual kids died in part 6, but it certainly looked like Jason was about to murder some young-uns.

• Locked thread