Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Warthunder is just starting to get into ships so I bet they will have all 3 in battles pretty soon (plus warthunder has better tank and plane mechanics)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I like WT a lot , but the grind and the match making are even worse than Wargamings poo poo. I don't think they are planning on even having destroyer sized ships.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

I like WT a lot , but the grind and the match making are even worse than Wargamings poo poo. I don't think they are planning on even having destroyer sized ships.

They are up to light cruisers.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
There is zero reason they can't have +/-1 MM in ships already. I cannot recall ever waiting more than 10 secs in a non-CV, except if queueing as a ship type when that line just got released. So if I had to wait, say 20secs for +/-1 then thats fine.

On the other hand, I don't mind +/-2 so long as its fair. T8 gets roughly 80% +2 split these days.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

They are up to light cruisers.

I noticed they have a Fletcher class in there too. Pretty neat. Anyone actually play in the last beta test?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Redeye Flight posted:

They have to offer the refund because people are incredibly salty that their broken-rear end premiums are now slightly less broken thanks to the smoke change.

No, the real reason is that EU consumer protection laws force them to offer a refund. They're extending that refund offer to North America because if you offer a refund to the EU server and not the NA one you'll have the issue you're talking about real bad.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Warthunder is just starting to get into ships so I bet they will have all 3 in battles pretty soon (plus warthunder has better tank and plane mechanics)

Yeah, but they've made it pretty clear their "ships" will include nothing bigger than an anti-aircraft barge. Not quite the same as what Wargaming is offering if you're at all reeled in by the history of warships. A lot of people are, myself included.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 18, 2017

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I'm trying to decide what ship to set up for clan wars. I guess the Moskva, since I don't have a DM, destroyer, or Conqueror. The only problem it has is that right now the captain is only 10 points.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

wdarkk posted:

I'm trying to decide what ship to set up for clan wars. I guess the Moskva, since I don't have a DM, destroyer, or Conqueror. The only problem it has is that right now the captain is only 10 points.

The Moskva is one of the ships a lot of people see dominating the meta in place of battleships because it counters smoke, can reliably citadel cruisers at range, and has railguns to counter the other ship that will dominate the meta (I will give you exactly one hint at what that is, but with smoke, aircraft, torpedoes, and BBs largely neutered in this meta the choice is obvious).

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

ZombieLenin posted:

Yeah, but they've made it pretty clear their "ships" will include nothing bigger than an anti-aircraft barge. Not quite the same as what Wargaming is offering if you're at all reeled in by the history of warships. A lot of people are, myself included.

I have 0 problems with warships, I just like the way war thunder handles damage and health more but that is really hard for ships so I'm fine with the way warships work. Wargaming tanks and planes are just super dumb (to me).

Plus warthunder has the whole combined arms thing which is pretty fun. It's a flight game first and foremost though

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I have 0 problems with warships, I just like the way war thunder handles damage and health more but that is really hard for ships so I'm fine with the way warships work. Wargaming tanks and planes are just super dumb (to me).

Plus warthunder has the whole combined arms thing which is pretty fun. It's a flight game first and foremost though

The combined arms thing was a lot more fun before they hosed it up by nerfing bombs over and over again. Most of the AT cannons still don't even work right, or didn't when I quit.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

The combined arms thing was a lot more fun before they hosed it up by nerfing bombs over and over again. Most of the AT cannons still don't even work right, or didn't when I quit.

skygods always make tanks angry. I haven't played WT in a while but I played it A LOT when combined arms first came out. Most of the reasons why cannons never killed tanks well (most of the time) in WT is cause the tiering is all hosed up so you have tanks with 50+mm of angled armour being shot with like 25mm guns that can't hope to penetrate. Only the early 37mm fighters were any good and they nerfed them to hell cause they could kill half the team with impunity if no one good was flying against the pilot

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JUjq7TJshE

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Halloween game is back. Same as last year, but I really enjoyed last year so :shrug:

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Hot Karl Marx posted:

skygods always make tanks angry. I haven't played WT in a while but I played it A LOT when combined arms first came out. Most of the reasons why cannons never killed tanks well (most of the time) in WT is cause the tiering is all hosed up so you have tanks with 50+mm of angled armour being shot with like 25mm guns that can't hope to penetrate. Only the early 37mm fighters were any good and they nerfed them to hell cause they could kill half the team with impunity if no one good was flying against the pilot

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JUjq7TJshE

I still have fond memories of when players could choose to spawn planes or tanks first. The Germans, without fail, would choose nothing but King Tigers and Jadgtigers to crush the Americans in their Shermans.

The Americans would spawn 3/4ths of their team in fully loaded P-47s and bomb the ever-loving poo poo out of the tank convoys trudging toward the objectives.

Funny every time.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Deptfordx posted:

Halloween game is back. Same as last year, but I really enjoyed last year so :shrug:

I missed it last year so I'm hoping a goon group can be formed when clan wars isn't on.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I still have fond memories of when players could choose to spawn planes or tanks first. The Germans, without fail, would choose nothing but King Tigers and Jadgtigers to crush the Americans in their Shermans.

The Americans would spawn 3/4ths of their team in fully loaded P-47s and bomb the ever-loving poo poo out of the tank convoys trudging toward the objectives.

Funny every time.

(or biplanes if youre really cool)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba1totv_FV4

[last WT video sorry]

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

literally every game has someone with USMC in their name

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Military-themed games tend to always have those groups in large numbers.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
They made the Halloween mission surprisingly much meaner just by moving the Rasputin spawn back to the final Zikasa wave instead of the second-to-last. Also Blades don't have Spood Boost anymore, which I swear they did last year.

Heals across the board are greatly appreciated, though.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

To be fair, as the game trends toward a more realistic portrayal, unguided bombs and rockets were really pretty bad at destroying tanks and the game already makes it much easier to pinpoint bomb than it should be.

Planes are also still amazingly good in combined arms matches. Crazy fun to shoot at in the Shilka, too.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 19, 2017

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Are the Belfast and Kutuzov really getting neutered enough to justify getting the dubloon refund? I didn't really see that huge of an issue. Also, any goon clans on NA taking in dudes for clan wars?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Redeye Flight posted:

They made the Halloween mission surprisingly much meaner just by moving the Rasputin spawn back to the final Zikasa wave instead of the second-to-last. Also Blades don't have Spood Boost anymore, which I swear they did last year.

Heals across the board are greatly appreciated, though.

the heal aura returns health that otherwise couldn't be gotten back by a repair party which is pretty dope

PookBear fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 19, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

hurricane storm + tirpitz loving owns

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

As hilariously pathetic as that AA is, I'm wondering how else she's going to be nerfed to fit in at T9. CVs are such a mess, and rare, that a hideous vulnerability to any tier of them that can see T9 does not seem like the only thing that's going to be changed. I'm also wondering why she has DP guns listed that aren't providing any AA numbers. Kind of wrong to call them dual purpose if they're only shooting surface targets.

Well unless she's a reward or free exp ship, in which case maybe that will be roughly all that's done.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

As hilariously pathetic as that AA is, I'm wondering how else she's going to be nerfed to fit in at T9. CVs are such a mess, and rare, that a hideous vulnerability to any tier of them that can see T9 does not seem like the only thing that's going to be changed. I'm also wondering why she has DP guns listed that aren't providing any AA numbers. Kind of wrong to call them dual purpose if they're only shooting surface targets.

Well unless she's a reward or free exp ship, in which case maybe that will be roughly all that's done.

I'm expecting her to be a free xp ship similar to the missouri. But 450mm guns at tier 9 is hilarious on so many levels. Unless she shotguns them worse than german BBs (or the hood). I know if I was in a tier 7 that got uptiered and saw one of these, the urge to just exit back to port and play another ship would be pretty high.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Apparently she has 35sec reload and 1.8 sigma? Still going to be rather terrifying.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Yeah, the guns have tentatively been nerfed a decent bit.

And T7 battleships already get overmatched by 380mm+ guns so it's not like this is some giant paradigm shift for them or anything, unlike T8+ where only Yamato overmatches any more. Additionally the 460s already have occasional issues overpenning same tier cruisers, so this isn't enormously more dangerous to that class than what they already face.

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
worked late yesterday, got home today to see i missed the belfast by a few hours. Then got 4 stars on the event and felt better. I'm really pissed about the whole belfast thing. It was going to be the first thing I grabbed in november. :(

also, I have 3 Tier x ships for 20 days now, for clan stuff? ok.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Decent run in CW tonight, the oil income is very nice, we gained about ~800 oil I believe. Major takeaways being... DM bum rush is effective for no good reason, and a 7 DD team is a terrible idea.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Hazdoc posted:

Decent run in CW tonight, the oil income is very nice, we gained about ~800 oil I believe. Major takeaways being... DM bum rush is effective for no good reason, and a 7 DD team is a terrible idea.

Oh shoot, I thought that started tomorrow :downs:

Ah well Wednesday is a bad day for me anyway. See you tomorrow!

Mrs. Wynand
Nov 23, 2002

DLT 4EVA
Do any of you play Blitz? Is there a fleet? I do most of my boating from my ipad theae days - not enough time to sit down in front of my pc. Game plays just like the full version IMO (except CVs, CVs are hosed up)

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

I know we BB drivers get a bum rap.......but people like these don't help our cause.

His shiny Campaign Bismark Camo was untouched. Literally not a paint scratch from a deflected shell.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

MikeC posted:

I know we BB drivers get a bum rap.......but people like these don't help our cause.

His shiny Campaign Bismark Camo was untouched. Literally not a paint scratch from a deflected shell.

Had a 5 battleship game tonight where the bottom 4 rankings were all occupied by them - final one actually did decently, but he was bottom tier if I recall correctly. Yeah there are plenty of decent battleship players, but holy hell do they draw the worst dregs too.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004
I've decided the Scharnhorst has become a bad BB. It gets into T8 and T9 every other match. It needs a concealment build to get anywhere because its detection is huge. It eats damage like crazy in the form of fires and ifhe hits. Or maybe the fact my pubbies refuse to shoot enemies is part of the problem.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

EU goons. Clam wars starts at 17-00 today so turn up and if we get 7 people we can give it a go.

If anyone wants to call this or has a strat feel free to take over. Use the 2PAC discord as normal and if you don't have the details;
[A] Why the gently caress not you socially inept shut in.
[B] Ask in game and someone will link you.

This apparently rewards a load of oil and as we need only 500 more to get our second dock I think it's worth a teensy weensy bit of effort to log in.

Also you can get free ships for this so if you don't have a tier 10 just use the loan ship, we are not a try hard clan, getting 7 people will be hard enough as it is so don't feel that just because you "think" you won't be any good, don't let that put you off. Obviously if 7 of out unicums manage to defeat their apathy and log in wefjamfdbdnfjsndfsdf who the gently caress am I kidding. Just log in, you'll get a game. If unicums wanna unicum they wouldn't be in a loving goon clan :downs:

Also Halloween event is fun.

Burt fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Oct 19, 2017

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Halloween event is fun but hot drat pubbies are bad at it.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Halloween event is fun; pubbies a terrible. I had a game where I killed as many ships as the rest of the team combined. I'm looking forward to the Tier 8 version next week. Also, clan wars was fun. I wish I had a Moskva right about now.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

MoraleHazard posted:

Halloween event is fun; pubbies a terrible. I had a game where I killed as many ships as the rest of the team combined. I'm looking forward to the Tier 8 version next week. Also, clan wars was fun. I wish I had a Moskva right about now.

A lot of pubbies don't realize you should use AP only from the BBs. It also seems like the destroyers are absolutely critical to dealing with Rasputin which sucks when they are all get killed before getting there. I was able to 4 star it last night (health fell below 50%).

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Is there a warplanes thread yet? Or are we waiting to see if it burns out as quickly as it re-appeared?

There was talk on discord and I assume elsewhere concerning respawn behavior in World of Warplanes. Sometimes, you get several respawns, other times, you get nothing (had a game earlier in the i-15 bis aka rocket biplanes where I never got a chance to respawn). So I went looking and found a wargaming tutorial on the conquest map. Something that should have been on their headline news, but isn't.

https://worldofwarplanes.com/tutorials/wowp-2-0-info/

Basically, you know that squall line warning? Being from warships, I expected it meant a drop in sight lines like warships does. No, that squall warning is the countdown to the end of respawning. That is what the commander means when he says they'll no longer be able to support you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Redeye Flight posted:

There was definitely speed boost, because it was the first thing I noticed was missing.

Of my half a dozen attempts so far I completed it on my second attempt and came agonizingly close (Rasputin and the Transport blew up simultaneously) a second time.