Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

They both suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'm on the fence so far with regards to The Gifted, but Inhumans is laughably bad. The writing, acting and CGI is just heinous.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

No seriously, I rushed to watch them before I even got to my DCCWTVU shows

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Legends of Tomorrow is the only good comicbook thing currently on air.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think you mean Riverdale tbh

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

It'd be quicker naming all the bad ones.

I'm done.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Everything that isn't iZombie or Riverdale, hth

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

BSam posted:

It'd be quicker naming all the bad ones.

iZombie

I'm done.

thanks for the reminder

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Frontier seasons 2 folks. Watch Jason Momoa throw axes and prove he is the next evolution of man.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I could look like him if I used steroids

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I like to imagine you look like Jeff Gerstmann.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman are working together again... as hosts of a reality competition show?

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/10/177054/amy-poehler-nick-offerman-making-it-competition-series

quote:

The show will function like most creative competition series. Think Project Runway or Iron Chef. Each week will feature two challenges. One will be a short timed challenge that will force contestants to think on their feet. The second will be what's called a "master craft collection." Contestants will work on a "themed" challenge that focuses on trends. Together, their projects will form a themed craft collection. Doonan and Johnson will be present every episode and will determine the winners of the challenges.
Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman will serve as the Tim Gunn types of the show, shepherding the contestants through the challenges and (hopefully) cracking jokes all the while.

I'm sure Nick will craft a bunch of tables and boats and chairs

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

precision posted:

another thing about last night's Mr Robot, the needle drops were on fire, the whole opening is set to INXS's "New Sensation" and there's an absolutely amazing use of the Barenaked Ladies' "One Week"

Neither of those were as good as the use of Listen To Your Heart

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gonz posted:

I'm on the fence so far with regards to The Gifted, but Inhumans is laughably bad. The writing, acting and CGI is just heinous.

That reminds me, I think I had some kind of fever dream earlier this year about a sitcom that was set in the DC universe. It was about a newspaper or something, starred Alan Tudyk, and was terribly unfunny.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It was about a company owned by Bruce Wayne that did city cleanups after the superheroes broke stuff

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mu Zeta posted:

It was about a company owned by Bruce Wayne that did city cleanups after the superheroes broke stuff

Yeah, it was really bad though, I would rather watch the Big Bang Theory.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
You mean the crappy sitcom with Danny Pudi that started life as 'The-Office-but-superhero-Insurance' then turned into a dumb "wow-crazy-zany-superhero-effects-protection-inventors" or whatever? or is there something else?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

You mean the crappy sitcom with Danny Pudi that started life as 'The-Office-but-superhero-Insurance' then turned into a dumb "wow-crazy-zany-superhero-effects-protection-inventors" or whatever? or is there something else?

I think so, somehow my TV was on the correct channel at the correct time for it to be on my TV, one time, I think being awake since 2am has made me plumb the depths of insanity.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
It's a pity, the mockumentary concept had promise

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

It's a pity, the mockumentary concept had promise

Like I like the concept of focusing on just rando normal people in a super hero world, but I'd much rather see a disaster movie where the disaster is just the Avengers doing their thing.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
It's called the Avengers :razz:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

BSam posted:

Anyone else catch the great new comic book type shows?

Gifted and Inhumans are both pretty amazing.

Does not compute.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I quite enjoyed the finale of H&CF, but it was a bit depressing that they literally never managed to be properly successful. I was hoping that at the end they'd skip to a middle-aged Haley in the 2020s giving a Steve Jobs-esque presentation of revolutionary augmented reality glasses or something.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Comrade Fakename posted:

I quite enjoyed the finale of H&CF,

You should probably put this in spoiler tags.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Netflix or whoever should bring back Alien Nation. You could do something topical with that.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

Netflix or whoever should bring back Alien Nation. You could do something topical with that.

Have you not seen the Bright trailer?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Did Ballers ever get good? Should I bother giving it a go?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mu Zeta posted:

Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman are working together again... as hosts of a reality competition show?

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/10/177054/amy-poehler-nick-offerman-making-it-competition-series

I'm sure Nick will craft a bunch of tables and boats and chairs

That reminds me, Amy Sedaris' craft show is premiering this upcoming Tuesday. I'm interested because what they've shown of it makes it look to craft shows what Pee Wee's Playhouse was to kids shows.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Powerless, the Danny Pudi show, was supposed to be pretty decent before it got completely reworked into what was eventually aired. A shame, it had potential.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Powerless, the Danny Pudi show, was supposed to be pretty decent before it got completely reworked into what was eventually aired. A shame, it had potential.

I gave up on it pretty much immediately, because they did a [FREEZE FRAME] "Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got into this" in the first minute of the pilot.

A few weeks later I caught a glimpse Natalie Morales with green hair in a cold open, which almost made me give it a second shot. Almost.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The best comedy superhero show was Powers, tryhard swearing in every line of dialogue combined with the production values you would expect from a show that was exclusive to a video game console. Michael Madsen's muscle suit in season 2 :kiss:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jean-Claude Van Johnson, Dec 15th.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So excited to see what Peter Atencio does with this.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I know most of you checked out on Modern Family a long time ago but I still watch it in the morning with coffee while I figure out my work schedule

Anyway last night's episode had a legit amazing joke/moment where the guy who plays Mitch almost totally broke:

"Pepper and Richard don't allow ball play in the house"

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Let us know what you think of episodes 5 & 6. They may just be the most hosed up thing I've ever seen on TV.

Holy poo poo.

This show owns. It has run for 2 seasons and I have only heard about it two days ago. There is too much good TV right now.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m 4 episodes into season 2 and not liking it as much :( but yeah s1 owns so glad you’re enjoying

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bosch is so good. Thanks to whomever suggested it like six months back.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

algebra testes posted:

Did Ballers ever get good? Should I bother giving it a go?

How much did you watch and to what degree did you like it? The show has certainly improved, but nothing drastic. If you fundamentally hated it, nothing will change that opinion. The whole "we are going to put a team in Vegas" storyline is completely ridiculous.

-They did a pretty interesting CTE storyline with one character
-They made the Rob Corddry character a lot more likeable who is now a pretty genuinely good guy
-They expanded the visibility of some good characters like Vernons stoner mate and "manager" (and they made the manager character less one dimensional)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Watching some episodes of Slasher from Netflix and it's been kind of interesting though everyone in season 2 at the beginning are unsympathetic and I am kind of hoping all the main characters die.

Has anyone seen this? As a whole, is it a good series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TV Zombie posted:

Watching some episodes of Slasher from Netflix and it's been kind of interesting though everyone in season 2 at the beginning are unsympathetic and I am kind of hoping all the main characters die.

Has anyone seen this? As a whole, is it a good series?

The first season was Garbage with a capital G. Can't speak for the second.

• Locked thread