Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Codependent Poster posted:

It's not a McDonald's! It's a McDowell's! They have the Golden Arches, he has the Golden Arcs. They have a Bic Mac, he has a Big Mick.

Just let your soooouuuuul glow baby
feeling oh so silky smooth
Just let it shine through yeah
Just let your soooouuuul glow oooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

People didn't like how it depicted Africa and Africans.

Depicting them having a monarchy or not showing them as bunga bunga shakes spear savages?

Why do I have to ask, its America, it's the more racist one.

I don't think its a McDonalds ad because the movie is filled with jokes about McDonalds, and they're all about how terrible they are.

I didn't notice until watching it now, Tony's armor in Homecomming is a lot like the early Ultimate Iron Man Armor. It's not as bulky and rounded, but the colours are very similar. Also wtf there only being a 4k BRD and a 3d BRD combo available. Are there enough people with 3d TVs out there to justify to make these viable still?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 17, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Everyone in the movie is god damned gorgeous. The whole cast is :swoon:

Even Andy Serkis looks incredible.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

fruit on the bottom posted:

Just let your soooouuuuul glow baby
feeling oh so silky smooth
Just let it shine through yeah
Just let your soooouuuul glow oooo

s'up

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

twistedmentat posted:

Depicting them having a monarchy or not showing them as bunga bunga shakes spear savages?

Why do I have to ask, its America, it's the more racist one.

I don't think its a McDonalds ad because the movie is filled with jokes about McDonalds, and they're all about how terrible they are.

I didn't notice until watching it now, Tony's armor in Homecomming is a lot like the early Ultimate Iron Man Armor. It's not as bulky and rounded, but the colours are very similar. Also wtf there only being a 4k BRD and a 3d BRD combo available. Are there enough people with 3d TVs out there to justify to make these viable still?

The type of people with a 4K Blu-Ray player are the type of people who owned 3D capable Tv's. In fact I think there are some 4K Tv's that can also display 3D.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Stop trying to make 3D happen.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Ojjeorago posted:

Stop trying to make 3D happen.

When holographic TVs come out and they're backwards compatible with 3d movies you're going to look very silly. :smuggo:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

The Question IRL posted:

The type of people with a 4K Blu-Ray player are the type of people who owned 3D capable Tv's. In fact I think there are some 4K Tv's that can also display 3D.
I have one of the last 3D capable TVs. My wife got it for a song when she worked for one of the last Sony stores. It is very fun to blaze it and watch Dredd in your living room.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They still release the 3D Blurays because the movies were in 3D in theaters so I guess the work is already done.

But new model TVs have mostly dropped it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Re watched homecoming last night. Is Peter's principal the descendant of the guy from Cap's ww2 squad? I saw the picture in his office and it looked like the same actor.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Kingtheninja posted:

Re watched homecoming last night. Is Peter's principal the descendant of the guy from Cap's ww2 squad? I saw the picture in his office and it looked like the same actor.

I'm pretty sure they confirmed that yes.

Re: 3D

There are some cool 3D uses out there, the Hubble Documentary was awesome.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

Yes, Jim Morita and Principal Morita are both played by Kenneth Choi and the latter is the former's *grandson.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Its the reason they use the Cap videos as a teaching crutch

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
Good lord, have you guys seen the new posters for Justice League? Whomever is designing the posters for this film is seriously dropping the ball:

Holy Photoshop Batman! The second in particular is just awful.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I'm Aquaman's invisible legs

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'm Aquaman's invisible legs

I'm the little splash of water that follows him around

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Batman just looks so freaking awful in every one of those shots.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I do like how Batman is more blue on the posters. Might not show up in the movie but for now it's nice.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The trailer on TV made me laugh, might be the first DC movie (well other than WW) that I see in theaters since the Dark Knight.

That's all it takes I guess. Just a hint that there's a variation in tone.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Good lord, have you guys seen the new posters for Justice League? Whomever is designing the posters for this film is seriously dropping the ball:

Holy Photoshop Batman! The second in particular is just awful.

These costumes (besides WW and maybe, maybe Batman) just look so bad to me. Even beyond the lovely photoshops they are just loving ugly.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 19, 2017

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
Where are their feet? Is Rob Liefeld making these?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I’m undecided on Flash’s outfit.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Maybe he’ll get a new one after Bruce Wayne starts funding the League

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

mikeraskol posted:

These costumes (besides WW and maybe, maybe Batman) just look so bad to me. Even beyond the lovely photoshops they are just loving ugly.

Wonder Woman is the only one that looks really good.

And they should have just let Momoa not have a shirt at all. That top half of his costume is ugly as hell, but the pants and belt are fine. What's the point of making Momoa cover up when he's jacked as hell?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
He should have a special CGI shirt made of water that sparkles over his rippling physique and also explains where it comes from when he swings his trident

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ezra's mask is great but the suit is weird.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The silver on black Batman suit reminds me a lot of the clooney suit

Also those posters are lame

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
Looks like the Thor: Ragnarok reviews are out

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

i like tacos posted:

That'll change over time, I'm sure, but it shows Marvel's confidence in the film if they're allowing reviews to be released two weeks before it releases. From the gist of the reviews I've read so far, it seems like if you're into superhero films that don't take itself super seriously, you'll enjoy this one. I'm happy that it seems like Marvel let Taika Waititi do his own thing though.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Codependent Poster posted:

Wonder Woman is the only one that looks really good.

And they should have just let Momoa not have a shirt at all. That top half of his costume is ugly as hell, but the pants and belt are fine. What's the point of making Momoa cover up when he's jacked as hell?

They are just so overly busy and garish, like something I would have drawn in a notebook when I was 12.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

i like tacos posted:

Doesn't surprise me, everyone who saw the screening has been gushing about it on the twitter

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jonny_Rocket posted:

That'll change over time, I'm sure, but it shows Marvel's confidence in the film if they're allowing reviews to be released two weeks before it releases. From the gist of the reviews I've read so far, it seems like if you're into superhero films that don't take itself super seriously, you'll enjoy this one. I'm happy that it seems like Marvel let Taika Waititi do his own thing though.

It's out a week early in Europe.

Still early for reviews though, since they're usually only available 3-5 days in advance.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That Thor poster is hilariously cooler than the Justice League ones, Jesus christ

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The MCU was an ambitious project but I think the fact that they are still putting out "arguably the best movie of the whole MCU" pretty much every single year exceeds even the wildest expectations. I remember when third movies in series were almost always terrible.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

zoux posted:

The MCU was an ambitious project but I think the fact that they are still putting out "arguably the best movie of the whole MCU" pretty much every single year exceeds even the wildest expectations. I remember when third movies in series were almost always terrible.

Based on the reaction to Spider-man, this year they managed it twice!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Guys come on. The JL poster is obviously satirizing the artificiality of using these characters, godlike individuals who are yet human, as props, and its hastily thrown together appearance something something Disney is evil.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently JL is 118 minutes which is good because at least it won't be interminable like BvS but bad because they seem to have cut like 50 minutes since August, which is pretty concerning.

e: can't wait for the "Whedon ruined it" takes

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

are they gonna try and sell a director's cut again?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
They cut the ending and added a bunch of narration from Cyborg, but it remains unclear whether he is a robot or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ojjeorago posted:

They cut the ending and added a bunch of narration from Cyborg, but it remains unclear whether he is a robot or not.

:laffo:

• Locked thread