Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The cultural appropriation gods struck him down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How back can you come from that injury?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/921015335897182208

This is making the rounds today but I don't think it's that odd, this probably happens pretty often right

I've been watching basketball my whole life and have never once seen this, so no. It looks like something out of a video game. Pretty cool.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

zoux posted:

How back can you come from that injury?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Clevelands nets pick is a lot more valuable . Lin is a quality NBA pg.

Sad for Lin. Two years in a row is rough.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I lost Lin for my fantasy team, gonna take a gamble on this Dillon Brooks guy, from Missauga too!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

I was preaching caution with the Wolves because they've gotta get their chemistry down with so many new players but maaaan it was still a bit depressing to watch that last night.

At least Wiggins was taking better shots than he usually does, Crawford looked really good, and Thibs actually Freed Tyus!

Spurs in San Antonio. Even without Kawhi they have made good teams look rough for decades. There were bad things, but there was a lot of good too. Don't get too depressed too quickly.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I looked it up and well the prognosis isn't great.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

solarjetman posted:

The momentum in this game shifted right around the time the nuggets play-by-play guy referred to Mason Plumlee as "Plumdog Thrillionaire"

lmfao. I'm so glad I don't have to watch a Plumlee every game now.

Papercut posted:

I only watched the first half of Suns/Blazers last night, but it was like the quietest blowout you'll see. Suns were getting outmuscled and missing makeable shots, Blazers were hitting theirs, suddenly it was a 15-0 run and a 25-pt halftime lead.

Yeah it was a weird game. It didn't really have the look of a blowout in the first half despite the score.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

that's two nasty season-ending injuries in two games so far. is the shortened pre-season a possible cause for this? or is it just freak injuries happening really early?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

straight up brolic posted:

Dillon Brooks had an amazing game yesterday. Probably one of the better second round pick debuts ever.

He did a little bit of everything. I was very happy with his performance. I’m not gonna get too ahead of myself, because Grizz draft history has been historically terrible but it is crazy how he’s gonna win MVP in his rookie season

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Carlosologist posted:

that's two nasty season-ending injuries in two games so far. is the shortened pre-season a possible cause for this? or is it just freak injuries happening really early?

Freak injury, and Lin missed most of the season last year due to injury

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

NickRoweFillea posted:

He did a little bit of everything. I was very happy with his performance. I’m not gonna get too ahead of myself, because Grizz draft history has been historically terrible but it is crazy how he’s gonna win MVP in his rookie season

6'6" with 2 blocks and 4 steals. I didn't watch the game but dude seems Memphis as gently caress.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lockback posted:

6'6" with 2 blocks and 4 steals. I didn't watch the game but dude seems Memphis as gently caress.

Yup. He made rookie mistakes, which are to be expected, but he absolutely looked like an NBA player, which is far more than you can say about the vast majority of our draft picks. TA came over after the game and showed him some love. He pointed to Brooks and told Marc “I like him!”

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Lockback posted:

Spurs in San Antonio. Even without Kawhi they have made good teams look rough for decades. There were bad things, but there was a lot of good too. Don't get too depressed too quickly.
No retreat, no surrender! Oh wait that's baseball but still...

Honestly I didn't see a whole buncha missteps last night. Sure, Towns missed a few rotations on defense, but he's still made a lot of progress. Saw a lot of ball movement from our starters, which was nice, especially compared to the pre-season games. I'm thrilled that Tyus is officially Freed, but I'm sure worried about how pissed off Teague looked during the 4th quarter. Also how about our bench going from an utter dumpster fire to pretty not bad?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Yeah, the bench was much better even with Dieng and Shabazz doing their best 2016 impression. Crawford is worth his weight in gold right now.

I posted before that I thought Teague or Wiggins will need to lead the bench and I am standing by that. If Wiggins keeps scoring like this I think they let Tyus play more with the first team and have Crawford/Teague lead the bench.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is the FEDS nickname for the Sixers four young stars something ESPN is trying to force on us or is that something someone has actually heard of before last night?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

zoux posted:

Is the FEDS nickname for the Sixers four young stars something ESPN is trying to force on us or is that something someone has actually heard of before last night?

I think Embiid posted it a few months back.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think they were trying to make FEDS a thing after the draft, but it never really stuck. But I hope it doesn't stick, it sounds stupid

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

zoux posted:

It came around when Fultz was drafted, or maybe when they traded for the pick.

Some twitter user created an image and then Embid retweeted it.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/921015335897182208

This is making the rounds today but I don't think it's that odd, this probably happens pretty often right

wow the suns must be the most well-coached team in the league!

*reads nothing else about the suns*

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Sounds media manufactured. No NBA team is going to willingly adopt that moniker.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dexo posted:

It came around when Fultz was drafted, or maybe when they traded for the pick.

Some twitter user created an image and then Embid retweeted it.

Well, it's bad.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/878036932655284224

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Joel Embiid isn't from america, he has no idea that "The Feds" is not a good thing.

but he's enthusiastic I guess.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joel Embiid is a cop.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

zoux posted:

Joel Embiid is a cop.

just because he's about to kill a bunch of black dudes this year doesn't mean he's a cop

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Jota posted:

just because he's about to kill a bunch of black dudes this year doesn't mean he's a cop

:eyepop:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Jota posted:

lmao

https://twitter.com/CodyWesterlund/status/921012771755610112

Please stay, and never return

https://twitter.com/CodyWesterlund/status/921012008421658630

:thunk:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Barkley better be all over Embiid's dick for finally forming these "relationships with law enforcement" he's so positive will cure racism.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
is Robert Covington an all star

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stevie Lee posted:

is Robert Covington an all star

If he hits 35% or better from 3 ?

Yes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

If he hits 35% or better from 3 ?

Yes

FERDS

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

FREDS

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
DERFS

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

SERFD

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

zoux posted:

I looked it up and well the prognosis isn't great.

As soon as I got down to Antonio McDyess I cringed......

Feel so bad for JLin

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yuzenn posted:

As soon as I got down to Antonio McDyess I cringed......

Feel so bad for JLin

Yeah hopefully the fact that he's younger and not as tall as those other dudes means he'll recover better. Also that post is almost 10 years old so who knows how treatment has advanced in that time.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Cool idea for NBA Season: it's the NBA Season but has a reality show aspect where someone is voted out of the league with major structural damage to bones and/or ligaments every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is there a media center page or desktop app for watching leaguepass games? I'd like to avoid having to go to the nba homepage since it's super likely to spoil the score for you. Even if you disable scores the highlights often do it.

• Locked thread