Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

Last night I was able to play for about forty minutes. I went from the blacksmith place in White Orchard up to the castle bit via way of the river. I met a lot of enemies and got a little more used to the combat. Talking to that guy in charge was awesome because most games would have made him a leader who was mean and wanted only money. When he said "I'm not an excellency, see my calluses" and then asked for only thirty bushels instead of the forty that the farmer panickingly offered, that made me smile and really appreciate the writing.

Then, when he schooled Geralt with the idioms line, I was delighted! :D

Be sure to report back when you see that guy again.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I still need to actually play Shenzhen IO considering that I bought the limited edition with real physical binder.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Mordja posted:

None good. :(

Actually wait, I've liked what I've played of RS2, but I mean singleplayer here.

I'll throw my hat in for Vietcong. It's a single player squad level shooter that was killed by a terrible sequel.

Came out around the same time as Black Hawk Down, also a good shooter forgotten to time.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 19, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's literally Street Fighter they just changed the name around on PCE for some reason

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Brothers Mario
Zelda, the Legend

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Fighting Street, the mogul game where you run fighting game stages.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

The highest tier properties are old SNK stages.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

chumbler posted:

The highest tier properties are old SNK stages.

Rival Schools needs a new installment :(

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I still need to actually play Shenzhen IO considering that I bought the limited edition with real physical binder.

It's so good

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

tap my mountain posted:

My shareholders have revolted and now they're refusing to invest in any property that isn't a level circular platform out in the middle of space.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I love wacky management sims so please stop talking about a game idea that I will never get to play :(

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

:w00t:

FIGHTING STREET

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Brothers Mario

"I love the Mushroom Kingdom, but I find to my amazement that the more I love Toad-kind in general, the less I love Toad in particular."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MMF Freeway posted:

I always thought TWEWY was one of the best games on the DS if only because it really made use of the hardware. I'd love if it got a 3ds port a la Radiant Historia.

it's the OK Computer of JRPGs

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I like Zactronics games but I haven't played Shenzen IO or TIS-100 because I never bothered to print out the manuals. Despite that, I love the type of games they make and each one is a treasure for my brain. I like them for the same reason I like Factorio and Big Pharma: you plan, then execute, then refine.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

When I started playing TIS-100 and really making progress, I felt like I was living through Jeff Bridges's monologue from the beginning of TRON: Legacy

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 19, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i hope Cyberpunk has the same engine as TW3 and your weapons are a virtual katana and "spells" that fire out of your cybernetic implants

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
80% of sidequests will involve your Cyber Senses

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

If you can't play as a chick with a cyberbow in 2077 then I'm out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Just make you-know-who the main character. Or a significant side character at least

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

"I love the Mushroom Kingdom, but I find to my amazement that the more I love Toad-kind in general, the less I love Toad in particular."

Bowser is the Underground Man

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Its pretty cool that the only thing I even know about Cyberpunk 2077 is that I want to play it. Usually I know a lot about a game and I'm still not sure I want to play it, and with Cyberpunk I mysteriously desire the game despite knowing nothing about the tabletop setting, or the gameplay or the graphics or the music or the release date.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is cyberpunk 2077 even going to be based on a tabletop thing i thought it was just cd projekt red going hog wild

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Cyberpunk is based on the tabletop game (the first edition is already out of date as the setting is 2013, the second edition is set in 2020). I don't know how dense its lore is compared to something like Shadowrun or if there are iconic groups/characters that they would use

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Cowcaster posted:

is cyberpunk 2077 even going to be based on a tabletop thing i thought it was just cd projekt red going hog wild

I mean, as far as I know it's going to be a FPSRPG, so ruleset-wise, not really. But they're using the setting and I'm sure some characters from the tabletop game will show up, not that I'll recognize them.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mordja posted:

I mean, as far as I know it's going to be a FPSRPG, so ruleset-wise, not really. But they're using the setting and I'm sure some characters from the tabletop game will show up, not that I'll recognize them.

what tabletop game, is there a tabletop game just called cyberpunk?

edit: didn't see the other reply my curiosity has been sated

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 19, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

MMF Freeway posted:

I always thought TWEWY was one of the best games on the DS if only because it really made use of the hardware. I'd love if it got a 3ds port a la Radiant Historia.
I really wanted to like TWEWY but my brain just could not make sense of how it used the dual screen setup so I dropped it pretty early.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cowcaster posted:

Yes

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Cowcaster posted:

Yeppers.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Cyberpunk is based on the tabletop game (the first edition is already out of date as the setting is 2013, the second edition is set in 2020). I don't know how dense its lore is compared to something like Shadowrun or if there are iconic groups/characters that they would use
That reminds me, I recently finished playing a Shadowrun game and god that is one unfun system.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mordja posted:

Yeppers.

That reminds me, I recently finished playing a Shadowrun game and god that is one unfun system.

Was it the Genesis one?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Grapplejack posted:

Was it the Genesis one?
No, I'm talking the TT game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

dromal phrenia posted:

Its pretty cool that the only thing I even know about Cyberpunk 2077 is that I want to play it. Usually I know a lot about a game and I'm still not sure I want to play it, and with Cyberpunk I mysteriously desire the game despite knowing nothing about the tabletop setting, or the gameplay or the graphics or the music or the release date.

Cyberpunk will be whatever kind of game you want it to be in your mind's eye because it is never coming out.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

I was gonna install ksp and shoot some planes into space :rip:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Is the singleplayer campaign for Dawn of War III worth $20? Reviews were fine, but it seems like the game practically disappeared after it launched.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Mordja posted:

No, I'm talking the TT game.

Like Shadow Wars or Hong Kong or the physical tt game?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Like Shadow Wars or Hong Kong or the physical tt game?

Physical...The one where you sit around an actual table and wish you were anywhere else.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shadowrun is about the only actual sit around a table RPG I've played and that was only because a bunch of us liked the SNES game in school.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the shadowrun snes game was kind of cool in concept but it's hilarious how bad the combat is and how there's an entire segment that's just grinding in a single room so you can beat the arena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah Shadowrun tabletop game is pretty bad (regardless of edition). Lots of mechanical crunch for little worthwhile reward.

• Locked thread