Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Actually, come to think of it, which recent-ish shows have gone completely, hideously sideways after a not-terrible start? I know a lot of goons got mad about Kuma Miko, for one, and Virgin Soul did have the all-consuming Sexy Anime Hitler romance arc.

:crossange:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cross Ange ep1
*child stuffed in a cage*
Gorf: hell yea
*prison scene*
Gorf: oh no

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Motto posted:

Cross Ange ep1
*prison scene*

I've never seen

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I just wanted to post the emote

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

GorfZaplen posted:

I enjoyed the show way more watching it weekly than when I would binge it so maybe catch up slowly
I did the opposite of this and enjoyed it a lot so I might do the same for season 2

i guess it depends on how SadBrains you already are

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't remind me. Funimation was really pushing that one, too.

a lot of people kept saying it was the anime's fault for skipping content but it's always sounded to me like the manga just sucked to begin with and the anime just ran dry of the good stuff really quick cause that studio's been doing lots of good stuff since then

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

Cross Ange ep1
*prison scene*

if anything cross ange got better as it went on

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Colonel posted:

a lot of people kept saying it was the anime's fault for skipping content but it's always sounded to me like the manga just sucked to begin with and the anime just ran dry of the good stuff really quick cause that studio's been doing lots of good stuff since then

The rare series where anime original content would have been preferred. That show had a cool premise, hella style, and an adorable robot. It deserved so much better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

studios aren't really that big a deal since like 70% of the staff including writers and directors are often freelancers. neither the director of dimension w nor the guy in charge of series composition for it worked on any of studio 3hz's shows after it, and those would be the two guys to decide what parts of the manga to skip or abbreviate.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

It would be hard to get worse

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

chumbler posted:

I'm assuming that's kind of the idea. Simple recipes using stuff you may already have for people new to it so that you only need to get the booze.

I'm not gonna buy into the boozy-industrial complex!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I think that's a club I used to go to

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Triggerhappypilot posted:

I'm not gonna buy into the boozy-industrial complex!

Marvel is happy to announce its new partnership with Anheuser-Busch InBev!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Wait, gently caress, I'd totally read a comic about a bunch of superheroes who are thematically based off of different types of booze...

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Relin posted:

i will try the langoliers anime

Hmm. That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. *reads description*

Holy poo poo, it sure is.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

Dilbert is not here, y'know.

Yes, I recently decided to cowboy up and finally finish it. It's a weird show and it's kinda lovely, but at least it seems enthusiastic about its shittiness. Also NANA-SAMA SONGS

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they are heavily changing the early chapters of uq holder for the anime, presumably so they can rush into the harem hijinks which wouldn't really start until like the third cour otherwise. the negima anime curse continues.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Colonel posted:

the thing about the stuff that got skipped was that it helped to establish um...what's his name's character as more than an rear end in a top hat so without that he ended up being way more one-note.

it also didn't help that the manga translation was super slow so the folks who were into it ran out of content we'd seen pretty early on and yeah apparently all the cool stuff was very front-loaded so that was a big disappointment :(

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they are heavily changing the early chapters of uq holder for the anime, presumably so they can rush into the harem hijinks which wouldn't really start until like the third cour otherwise.

thank goodness

i like the random negima flashbacks

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 20, 2017

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I backed out of Dimension W when I discovered they condensed the entire Loser chapter into a single episode when I feel like spacing things out would have helped it somewhat. Never knew that it would get real bad after that (then again, I only read up to the cyber ghosts arc in the manga so)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I backed out of Dimension W when I discovered they condensed the entire Loser chapter into a single episode when I feel like spacing things out would have helped it somewhat. Never knew that it would get real bad after that (then again, I only read up to the cyber ghosts arc in the manga so)

i dropped after the cyber ghost arc and then heard about the stuff after that trying to portray a guy who had done objectively really hosed up poo poo as the good guy, so welp

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

I just wanted to post the emote

:crossange:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i dropped after the cyber ghost arc and then heard about the stuff after that trying to portray a guy who had done objectively really hosed up poo poo as the good guy, so welp

Also, there were no less than four plot-important dead wives. In a twelve-episode show.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I watched like the first four or five eps on Toonami and then came back around the last two or three and had absolutely zero idea what the gently caress was happening

the OP was good and dumb cause it's got like a ten second bit where the MC dances that even he gets bored of by the end

e: yeah nvm this show was alright

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 20, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Maybe someday Mira can be in a better show.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Net-Juu almost seems like it doesn't deserve to be this adorable, but it is anyway and seems like a fun, adorable show so far.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 20, 2017

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
it's great, I want more now

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I dunno if it will sustain past the gender swap reveal, but maybe it'll just go gayer or something. That seems to kind of be the question.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

a kitten posted:

Maybe someday Mira can be in a better show.

Apparently the manga's still going on, and I assume diverges significantly from the show. Anyone know if it's any good?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The first nationwide theaters and dates for the Heaven's Feel movie have been revealed, so check the official site for a theater near you. I'm going to the good old Gateway.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Konohana Kitan's going on real strong. The 3rd episode in particular had, of all things, a scene that dealt with casual groping with more sensitivity and intelligence than I think I've seen in an anime.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Watched the first episode of Blend-S. It kind of creeped me out. Don't think I'll pick this one up.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I didn't find the first ep of blend-s creepy at all. It's actually tamer than the description would suggest. Though the head chef/manager guy is a piece of poo poo. :shrug:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah main girl just wanting a drat job was a nice touch that doesn't come through in the description.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfgeznlm6jU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Weak cliffhanger from King's Game this week- just "Phone is ringing from classmate in group B" and dramatic expression from the recipient of that call.

EDIT:
Weird, so they decided to make the sequel, but cover the original through "flashbacks" (which I'm pretty sure have taken well more than half of the runtime to this point), in the process spoiling the story into which they're putting all of their effort:
https://myanimelist.net/manga/24836/Ousama_Game
https://myanimelist.net/manga/47332/Ousama_Game__Shuukyoku

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Oct 20, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

I cannot wait. Ugh.

That harmonica.

That animation style.

:allears:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

So smol

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

StandardVC10 posted:

Watched the first episode of Blend-S. It kind of creeped me out. Don't think I'll pick this one up.

Nah, it's just her eyes that are scary, she's really a nice girl!

But for real tho, Blend-S more like Bland-S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Blend Piss.

• Locked thread